AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 17 17.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 35.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 19.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-09, 01:47   Link #101
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

The following references from Utawarerumono.

[What If...]

It is late at night in the TSAB-HQ and Fate and Signum are walking in the corridors heading back home, having just finished some paperwork.

Signum: "Twice."
Fate: "AH! Stop bringing that-"

*crash*

Fate: "What was that?"
Signum: "It came from the cafeteria!"

(Fate and Signum rushes to the cafeteria)

Fate: "Caro? What are you doing here so late at night? Did you hear that crash sound?"
Caro: "Ah! Ahaha! It was nothing! I was just being clumsy, that's all."
Signum: "Oh?"
Caro (sweating): "Nothing! Nothing at all!"
Signum: "So why are you acting so suspiciously then? And why do I get the impression that you are trying to block that door behind you?"
Caro: "AH!"
Signum: "Scoot, girl."
Caro: "No!"
Signum: "Yeah right. *picks up Caro with one hand*"
Caro (struggling futilely): "No! No! No!"

(Signum opens the door with her other hand)

Fate & Signum: "..."
Friedrich: "..."
Fate: "Was he... always this big?"
Signum: "Explain, girl!"
Caro: "Waaaa!"
Friedrich: "*growls at Signum*"
Signum (glares at Friedrich): "What?"
Friedrich: "*whimpers*"
Fate: "There, there, Signum. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for this."
Signum: "You're far too soft on your charges, Fate. They need discipline from time to time."
Fate: "I'll be the judge of that."
Signum: "Bah!"
Caro: "Yay! Fate-to-nee-san!"

(Caro and Friedrich glomps Fate)

Fate: "Ah! Wait, too heavy! Signum, help!"
Signum (walking away): "*whistling*"
Fate: "Signum!"
Caro: "Nee-san!"
Old 2007-04-09, 01:47   Link #102
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Heh, Its a good Ep overall I would say. We get to see Fate and Hayate in action, Guess that kinda decides Hayate's power level with a single spell to freeze almost the entire block that was in flame.

And there are fun parts with Teana and Subaru.

Through I hate Elio on site and the hate meter move up extreamly fast. Still never the less a soild Ep. Friedrich go take a bite out of Elio, I'm counting on you

Last edited by Darco_emp; 2007-04-09 at 02:01.
Old 2007-04-09, 02:10   Link #103
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Skane
LOL! Argh! I can't beat you at this... Still, doesn't stop me from trying...

(In reference to that particular scene that got on Darco emp's nerves... )

Erio: You wanted to see me, Chrono ni-san?

Chrono: Ah yes Erio, walk with me...

Erio: What is it?

Chrono: Listen, I've heard about your recent... Incident with your new team mate-

Erio: WHAT?! Wait, who-

Chrono: Don't worry, I understand... She is a very cute girl and you're at that age where...

Erio: NO! I-

Chrono: Sure Sure, I believe you... Anyway, remember how you always wanted me to teach you some tricks?

Erio: Well, yeah but-

Chrono: I've decided that you're finally ready for it.

Erio: REALLY!?

Chrono: Yup, I'm going to pass on to you techniques that my...erm, 'teachers' themselves taught me...

Erio: You mean like 'binding' and stuff?

Chrono: Well... Thats one of them I guess...
Old 2007-04-09, 03:00   Link #104
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And the Legacy of Graham and the Lieze's live on in the next generation

*still awaiting at least a decent quality raw*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-09, 03:42   Link #105
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Skane
LOL! Argh! I can't beat you at this... Still, doesn't stop me from trying...

(In reference to that particular scene that got on Darco emp's nerves... )

Erio: You wanted to see me, Chrono ni-san?

Chrono: Ah yes Erio, walk with me...

Erio: What is it?

Chrono: Listen, I've heard about your recent... Incident with your new team mate-

Erio: WHAT?! Wait, who-

Chrono: Don't worry, I understand... She is a very cute girl and you're at that age where...

Erio: NO! I-

Chrono: Sure Sure, I believe you... Anyway, remember how you always wanted me to teach you some tricks?

Erio: Well, yeah but-

Chrono: I've decided that you're finally ready for it.

Erio: REALLY!?

Chrono: Yup, I'm going to pass on to you techniques that my...erm, 'teachers' themselves taught me...

Erio: You mean like 'binding' and stuff?

Chrono: Well... Thats one of them I guess...
We do not need Ero-boy II this time around....

I changed my mind Friedrich eat Elio instead, if he to be left alone he will become a threat to all lolis.

waiting for a good raw.... while at it random throughts: Hayate's freezing spell seems on par with Eternal Cofin's range if not the power, interesting to see Hayate to have that level of power without Rein
Old 2007-04-09, 04:08   Link #106
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post

I changed my mind Friedrich eat Elio instead, if he to be left alone he will become a threat to all lolis.
It's for the greater good. In every ecosystem, there must be predators to balance out the prey

(Besides, You can't spell Erio without 'E', 'r' & 'o' )

Quote:
waiting for a good raw.... while at it random throughts: Hayate's freezing spell seems on par with Eternal Cofin's range if not the power, interesting to see Hayate to have that level of power without Rein
I'm beginning wondering if Hayate even needs to merge with Rein... Maybe that event in A's was a one time offer? Because ever since then, have they ever shown her with white hair anymore?
Old 2007-04-09, 04:24   Link #107
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post

The Nanohaverse's equivalent of Ryusei Date from SRW?

Quote:
It's really amazing on how much Hayate can do after just showing a few moves from A's to now. Petrifying, freezing, what's next I wonder? Hope she and Chrono could do an Absolute Zero combo attack.

Quote:
It's for the greater good. In every ecosystem, there must be predators to balance out the prey

(Besides, You can't spell Erio without 'E', 'r' & 'o' )
So your saying that there would be a rise in the population of lolis?

Quote:
I'm beginning wondering if Hayate even needs to merge with Rein... Maybe that event in A's was a one time offer? Because ever since then, have they ever shown her with white hair anymore?
Well, aside from the promotions at Megami, not as of yet. I'm certain they'll do it at one point though. Perhaps as a trump card or something.
Old 2007-04-09, 04:55   Link #108
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Aye... it's hard enough as it is to think of enemies that can possibly pose a credible threat to the Triumphant Trio. By delaying R-Zwei's unison with Hayate, they have left themselves an opening to power Hayate up without resorting to overly blatant Deus ex Machina.

Speaking of which, I am still hoping for a complete unison with all the Wolkenritter Knights. I mean hey... the Knights are programs after all, so they CAN be assimilated into Hayate, who is already fused with the master program and is its' administrator.

Signum can be her sword, Vita her shield, Zafira her armour plating, and Shamal can be... her support rings? (dragoon ring system?), while R-Zwei remains as her heart.

"Impossible! How can anybody be so powerful?"
"I'm part Lost Logia, b****."

Still... it brings about the question on how they are going to handle Nanoha and Fate... Maybe they will finally show us tactical moves ala Chrono?

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-09, 05:06   Link #109
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Still... it brings about the question on how they are going to handle Nanoha and Fate... Maybe they will finally show us tactical moves ala Chrono?
Forgive me, my comrades.

I feel so so so so dirty for even this thought to come into my mind like this much less giving a visual example, for I am vocally not fond of Fate x Nanoha, and prefers the hetero ones, one even incest, contrary to the popular belief that all Nanoha fans are supporters of NanoFate and whoever's not is an outcast.

Spoiler for How to solve the power balance:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-09, 05:07   Link #110
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

So your saying that there would be a rise in the population of lolis?

Hey who know?

Quote:

Speaking of which, I am still hoping for a complete unison with all the Wolkenritter Knights. I mean hey... the Knights are programs after all, so they CAN be assimilated into Hayate, who is already fused with the master program and is its' administrator.

Signum can be her sword, Vita her shield, Zafira her armour plating, and Shamal can be... her support rings? (dragoon ring system?), while R-Zwei remains as her heart.

"Impossible! How can anybody be so powerful?"
"I'm part Lost Logia, b****."
You know, I might have grown up with 'transformers' but still...

Quote:

Cheers.
Don't expect it anytime soon.

Remember, any villian that uses machines or bugs or undead or mutants or allens or ANYTHING that can be easily mass produced only have one battle tactic.

"If 100 doesn't get the job done, add another '0' at the back and try again!"

... Look at the Akumas

EDIT:

@Nightengale
Lucky for me, I've never watched DB in my entire life... Okay, I lied. To be exact, I've never watched DB from start to end, hence I never understand it, therefore I don't feel like killing myself from that
Old 2007-04-09, 05:09   Link #111
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:

Cheers.
Nanoha, tactical moves? something does not adds up in my brain. Maybe we'll see trigger happy Nanoha

Rewatched Ep 3 preview, Nanoha san's training practice is here... run for cover Subaru and Teana. Lets be more serious now, I wonder what will the training forcus on, since Subaru and Teana can not fly, nor as it seems that they have many if any long range attacks, so range combat that Nanoha is so good at is out of question too, maybe its time to finally see Nanoha in close range combat .
Old 2007-04-09, 05:30   Link #112
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Forgive me, my comrades.

I feel so so so so dirty for even this thought to come into my mind like this much less giving a visual example, for I am vocally not fond of Fate x Nanoha, and prefers the hetero ones, one even incest, contrary to the popular belief that all Nanoha fans are supporters of NanoFate and whoever's not is an outcast.

Spoiler for How to solve the power balance:

Though the very thought of this sends chills down my spine, but hey, what's being members of the same fan group for? Of course your forgiven!

Quote:
Aye... it's hard enough as it is to think of enemies that can possibly pose a credible threat to the Triumphant Trio. By delaying R-Zwei's unison with Hayate, they have left themselves an opening to power Hayate up without resorting to overly blatant Deus ex Machina.

Your scaring me. Yaten-no-Kishi-Gattai?! FINAL FUSION!?

Quote:

Cheers.
About tactics, Fate has had help from Chrono for the past several years so she should be able to pull of some tricks like her onii-chan. And for Nanoha, she's a combat instructor so I guess it's a given that she has extensive knowledge of combat tactics.

Finally, speaking of ala Chrono, they should give our Commodore an intense solo battle of his own. His one of the highest ranking mages out there for God's sake! (with even a possibility of being higher-ranked than the Aces) The most action he got was fighting Precia's drones, unsuccessfully apprehending the Knights, sneak-binding the Lieze twins and partially freezing the Book's defense program.
While their at it, they should give Arf and Yuuno at least a bit of action before the series ends. More so for former-admiral Graham.<if he's still capable, or even alive>
Old 2007-04-09, 05:47   Link #113
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
~ More so for former-admiral Graham.<if he's still capable, or even alive>
Nah. He probably became inheritance-fodder for Hayate already. Genga is the new old-man on the block.

Hehe.
Old 2007-04-09, 05:50   Link #114
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

About tactics, Fate has had help from Chrono for the past several years so she should be able to pull of some tricks like her onii-chan. And for Nanoha, she's a combat instructor so I guess it's a given that she has extensive knowledge of combat tactics.
I suppose you're right, but Nanoha and Fate strikes me as the type of people who won't change unless they need to.

"If it's not broken, why fix it?"

If plowing through cannon-folder works fine, there shouldn't be any reason to pull out the book and flip through it.

Quote:
Finally, speaking of ala Chrono, they should give our Commodore an intense solo battle of his own. His one of the highest ranking mages out there for God's sake! (with even a possibility of being higher-ranked than the Aces) The most action he got was fighting Precia's drones, unsuccessfully apprehending the Knights, sneak-binding the Lieze twins and partially freezing the Book's defense program.
Base on the last 2 season, Chrono has only a set number of moves to show off

Season 1

1. Stinger Snipe (To me, sniper shot is more or less the same thing )
2. Break Impulse
3. Blaze Cannon

Season 2

1. Stinger Blade Execution Shift (Has the slickest name imo)
2. Struggle Bind
3. Eternal Coffin

... So, I'm expecting only 3 moves this time round as well

Quote:
While their at it, they should give Arf and Yuuno at least a bit of action before the series ends. More so for former-admiral Graham.<if he's still capable, or even alive>
One can only hope...
Old 2007-04-09, 06:05   Link #115
Woden

So it's character development episode? Everything's going as planned...
Old 2007-04-09, 06:15   Link #116
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woden View Post
Don't forget that Eternal Coffin was the only one not performed with a generic device.

Yeah, but I think the other spells were still his 'original', despite using the common S2U. Wonder if he picked up any new moves with Durandal...

My fear for Chrono is that it'll be his role would be to take his mother's place to turn the Arc-en-ciel key instead of going out there and getting dirty like the others...
Old 2007-04-09, 06:23   Link #117
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Yeah, but I think the other spells were still his 'original', despite using the common S2U. Wonder if he picked up any new moves with Durandal...

My fear for Chrono is that it'll be his role would be to take his mother's place to turn the Arc-en-ciel key instead of going out there and getting dirty like the others...
Well... they could always do a spinoff of a spinoff of a spinoff with Chrono. "Chrono's Crusade" (I wonder if this title has been taken already?), the adventures of a weary man as he goes around the TSAB-HQ solving the other-worldly problems of its' various female denizens.

I mean hey. Chrono's VA already did it three times. Might as well make it four.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-09, 06:33   Link #118
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Nah. He probably became inheritance-fodder for Hayate already. Genga is the new old-man on the block.
But Genga's not as cool as Graham, despite looking younger. Not to mention both of Graham's familiars are obviously more powerful than both Ginga and Subaru.

I'd know that reality is cruel and the world prefers seeing pleasing-to-the-eyes-young people doing all the field work, but seriously, Graham should be there on person to pass down the torch to Hayate, even if it means his death. Graham needs to show that his old bones can still do the strut. My biggest grip with A's was how Hayate never met Graham in person.

I want greenlight on Mahou Shonen Classical Graham!

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-09, 06:53   Link #119
Aaron008R

Quote:
Well... they could always do a spinoff of a spinoff of a spinoff with Chrono. "Chrono's Crusade" (I wonder if this title has been taken already?), the adventures of a weary man as he goes around the TSAB-HQ solving the other-worldly problems of its' various female denizens.

I mean hey. Chrono's VA already did it three times. Might as well make it four.

Cheers.
Sooo... With your idea, with it being a spinoffx2 that would star a still single Chrono on an alternate but nearly parallel Nanohaverse in a harem situation with the Aces, officers, civilians, Amy(of course), etc. Sounds like a great project to me! For now, it sounds like a good outline for a fanfic. Too bad I'm not really one to write decent stories. Hopefully, somebody else would use this idea.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
But Genga's not as cool as Graham, despite looking younger. Not to mention both of Graham's familiars are obviously more powerful than both Ginga and Subaru.

I'd know that reality is cruel and the world prefers seeing pleasing-to-the-eyes-young people doing all the field work, but seriously, Graham should be there on person to pass down the torch to Hayate, even if it means his death. Graham needs to show that his old bones can still do the strut. My biggest grip with A's was how Hayate never met Graham in person.

I want greenlight on Mahou Shonen Classical Graham!
Agreed on every point. Maybe except for the MSCGraham bit. Kinda sounds creepy to me.
Old 2007-04-09, 07:10   Link #120
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

For Chinese scanlations, 雪飘工作室 (flsnow.net) has them up to chapter 7.

They've also uploaded episode 2, but not without advicing their viewers beforehand to prepare eyedrops and very good earplugs as well as a "we are not responsible for all resulting damages" disclaimer.

Guess this release is really that bad .

I agree to the notion of Graham handing the torch to Hayate. He's more or less her guardian/god-father and a good deed should be seen to this fulfilment.
Closed Thread