AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-03-23, 10:09   Link #26981
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Spoiler for Virtual IS 3:
Old 2012-03-23, 10:37   Link #26982
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Virtual IS simulator, eh? Didn't thought about that one...

The Swede's revelation:
Spoiler for Scene:
Old 2012-03-23, 10:40   Link #26983
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

*JAWDROP*

No wonder she's pissed, but still
Old 2012-03-23, 11:03   Link #26984
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

You know you're in deep shit when your unit signifies a personal memento for another to someone else... and you don't even know about it.

There's a scene before it which brings about her nearly going up against the same men she once had a horrible history with:

Spoiler for Scene:

And then there's one of them crooks pushing his button:

Spoiler for Scene:
Old 2012-03-23, 12:26   Link #26985
DarkJak2050

Another one...

Family
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 20:21   Link #26986
Eratas123

Could an IS level a building?
Old 2012-03-23, 20:48   Link #26987
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Yes.... if it take out all the Pillars of the building... Then again, you don't need IS to do it, you just need demolition bomb

If you mean taking out a building just by shooting at it, not yet.... though it is only a matter of time....

Edit: We are talking about a weapon that can scratch something which conventional weapon such as Tanks and missile can't..... So powerful that armor is practically useless against the weapon (Don't forget: Armor is useless against anything powerful enough to penetrate the energy barrier)
Old 2012-03-23, 23:51   Link #26988
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You mean the attack wouldn't be weakened? Even if energy barrier and absolute defense fail to contain the attack, doubt the attack didn't reduced in destructive power (else Ichika wouldn't survive that onslaught by Gospel), meaning that the armor will act as final line of defense. It was proven that sturdy enough armor (or shield in this case) do their job nicely.
Old 2012-03-24, 00:44   Link #26989
Eratas123

Think you can become an ISA teacher right after graduating?
Old 2012-03-24, 00:46   Link #26990
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, I said unless it's specifically related to I.S., it's impossible.
Old 2012-03-24, 00:46   Link #26991
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'm pretty sure they can. At the very least, they may have to go through a trainee course.
Old 2012-03-24, 00:49   Link #26992
Eratas123

Maya's age doesn't add up. if she was the former rep, and graduated high school, and went through college, she'd have to be Chifuyu's age at best.
Old 2012-03-24, 00:54   Link #26993
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Assuming everyone graduated at the age of 18, plus 4 years of college that would be 22 years, still younger than Chifuyu. Assuming Maya just took short courses of measly 1-2 years, she would be 19-20.

Besides, Maya's subject IS related directly to I.S., since there's no I.S.-related college, safe to say that it is possible for her to become a teacher without goign to college at all, probably short courses about how to become a teacher, or something. And even then, she's still ASSISTANT teacher.

Do you honestly think a High school graduate can be accepted as a math/literature teacher?
Old 2012-03-24, 00:55   Link #26994
Eratas123

I meant an ISA graduate becoming an IS teacher. Did Chifuyu go through college? She didn't have time with the Germany training and IS fighting, but she's still a teacher.
Old 2012-03-24, 00:58   Link #26995
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Chifuyu explicitly didn't go to college. It was implied that she become a teacher relatively recent (after returning from German)
Old 2012-03-24, 00:59   Link #26996
Eratas123

Makes me wonder what the standards of being an ISA teacher are. You'd expect more proffessionalism.
Old 2012-03-24, 01:02   Link #26997
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Maya at least have a reason, however, it would makes sense if Chifuyu herself graduated from I.S.A., and that's a huge if (no claim in Canon)
Old 2012-03-24, 01:08   Link #26998
Eratas123

The other teachers we've seen so far aren't the epitome of professionalism either. Anyway, I wonder if you need to be a good pilot or just have a good grasp on IS theory. Chifuyu never pilots in the school.
Old 2012-03-24, 01:11   Link #26999
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I think it's both, however from what appears, Chifuyu simply let Yamada to do all the hard work. In fact, I think she was supervising Yamada more than she taught the student, like preparing her to be a full-time teacher.
Old 2012-03-24, 01:11   Link #27000
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

From the looks of it, a high profficency in an IS is required, as well as piloting experience...

One can look at it this way: Would Michael Jordan need a college certification in order to teach basketball at any college/university...? I'm sure the idea seems laughable. I mean, who can ignore 6 NBA championship rings as proof of his credentials? Sure, he might not train 'by the book' but hell... he can write his own book.

Same thing with Chifuyu: The first Mondo Grosso Champion and the runner-up of the 2nd one due to 'forfiet'. She also trained military-lvl pilots in Germany for a year. She's got a wealth of experience both in practical application, theory, and instructing so I don't think that anyone would dare ask if she completed the 'proper courses' for teaching at the local university...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest