AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-02-12, 20:54   Link #7661
wakusei
Snowstorm

^^ agree.. btw (ppl who know kung fu can break a concriet wall.. But hey i say they are fake walls)

Last edited by wakusei; 2009-02-12 at 20:54. Reason: grammer was horrible..
wakusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 21:09   Link #7662
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Depends on how thick the concrete is. :P Performing a knife hand through concrete is just asking for a fractured hand, but it seems that the knife hand is Moka's signature killing technique. She tried it twice when he was 'ghoul' and then once when she was under someone else's control in the hospital in the next set of chapters.
Old 2009-02-12, 21:33   Link #7663
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakusei View Post
^^ agree.. btw (ppl who know kung fu can break a concriet wall.. But hey i say they are fake walls)
No human being can break a wall of solid concrete. Its impossible. A shattered hand is what you're asking for.

In movies, they have special props call "Breakaway" props. And those "competitions" are retarded. They are using physics. Propping up something like this.

___
| |

All you have to do is hit it dead center, and it'll break. Hell I use to do it as a little kid. Tell them to lay the brick on the ground and see if he/she can break it. And not to mention those "bricks" aren't bought at places like Home Depot, they're mail ordered from a special place where you buy special bricks and boards for these sort of things. I can guarantee 100% that no one can go up to the side of a school building and shatter a wall with their barehands.

You are right in believing that its "fake."
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 22:14   Link #7664
wakusei
Snowstorm

i remeber doing that when i was 12... There like in order to become a blackbelt you must break this brick.. So i went up broke it so fast... (hand was sore after) and then asked me to break another one (i couldnt)... but anyways How is this related to the manga you may ask? EASY! Tombstones!!!! (he broke 11 tombstones) O noes!
Old 2009-02-12, 23:17   Link #7665
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... you people who are using physics in this argument just killed Nekome-sensei

anyways, I'd have to take a rough guess that Tsukune + locket is at the same strength of Moka+ Locket... after all, even though she doesn't have the power of Inner, she's still able to throw things that are quite heavy a distance

plus keep in mind Kyo-chan's comment when Tsukune picked her up and ran... asking when Tsukune became that strong. When not tapping into the power, he's probably weak compared to most youki, but I'll bet he could easily give an extremely strong human a run for their money

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 23:24   Link #7666
wakusei
Snowstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post

anyways, I'd have to take a rough guess that Tsukune + locket is at the same strength of Moka+ Locket... after all, even though she doesn't have the power of Inner, she's still able to throw things that are quite heavy a distance

plus keep in mind Kyo-chan's comment when Tsukune picked her up and ran... asking when Tsukune became that strong. When not tapping into the power, he's probably weak compared to most youki, but I'll bet he could easily give an extremely strong human a run for their money
speaking of locket... my question is why does Kiria want the locket/bracelet during the chapter where moka over heres them talking about there plan.. (cant remeber what chapter)
Old 2009-02-13, 02:10   Link #7667
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post

Thank you good sir, I was to bring up that example as well. His inhuman speed and strength while running with Kyo in his arms was a good example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakusei View Post
speaking of locket... my question is why does Kiria want the locket/bracelet during the chapter where moka over heres them talking about there plan.. (cant remeber what chapter)
He was just messing with Tsukune, I wouldnt look too deeply into it. He already knows what the lock is for since Hokuto has one too.
Old 2009-02-13, 06:56   Link #7668
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Question is how'd Hokuto turn into such a being if he was formerly Human when he was starting school there?
Old 2009-02-13, 07:00   Link #7669
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Question is how'd Hokuto turn into such a being if he was formerly Human when he was starting school there?
Well, Kiria vaguely said that Hokuto interested him, so in return he gave Hokuto his blood. How they met and what led to it is completely unknown. But I have a feeling that the background will be covered in detail eventually.

What I'm curious about is, is that Hokuto can now sustain himself without the lock.
Old 2009-02-13, 08:42   Link #7670
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Now you're just not making sense. How many humans do you know can do that to a solid concrete wall just from slamming the side of his fist against it?

Moka is weak when she's sealed. She is easily overpowered by lesser Yokai's, and this is shown constantly.

Tsukune craves blood, at the end of this chapter, he just says he'll have to endure those cravings for others sake, particularly Moka. Tsukune has never shown to take pleasure in using his powers. You're just adding in your own concept of what's what. Take things as it is. It'll be simpler that way, and no one will disagree with you.
As to the first paragraph, it's a shonen, things are exaggerated.
If you want real world contrasts; a person jacked-up on certain drugs can take bullets to the chest and not feel the pain, even operate through it.
A person hyped up on adrenaline can lift a tractor a foot off the ground, I don't see how my substance theory makes no sense proportionately to shonen "physics."

Please elaborate on what you mean by the second paragraph, I don't quite get what your point in bringing that up was.

Okay, Tsukune craves blood, a person in withdrawal craves another fix. The fact that this didn't happen until he reached over-dose (Ghoul-mode) is just another parody to my drug-addict theory.
You did notice I said "subconsciously enjoyed" in my post right? Yeah, so it's speculation, the manga is not finished yet so one cannot simply respute it, in fact something like that may end up being a major plot point later. As to proof, I based that mainly on his actions as a Ghoul, so it wasn't the most founded thing I'll give you that much. I just kind of taped that on alongside my major point: that his body has drawn a dependency on it.

I am taking things for exactly what they are, I'm trying to show that Tsukune is still in fact human even though he has: A)Super-strength, B)A "Substance" Craving. That's all that post was about, just sharing my point of view, no need to be hostile if that was what you were going for.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 09:31   Link #7671
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
As to the first paragraph, it's a shonen, things are exaggerated.
If you want real world contrasts; a person jacked-up on certain drugs can take bullets to the chest and not feel the pain, even operate through it.
A person hyped up on adrenaline can lift a tractor a foot off the ground, I don't see how my substance theory makes no sense proportionately to shonen "physics."
In this particular Shonen, humans are weak and squishy creatures. The author made it clear that Tsukune needs to be something more than human if he wants to protect his precious harem.

And your substance abuse theory makes absolutely zero correlation as to whats going on. I hope you realize that.

The author focused on the cracks in the wall made by Tsukune in that particular example for a reason. Tsukune was wondering why he's craving blood as a vampire and why he hasn't returned to "normal". Just think about this for a minute and you'll get it.

Quote:

Please elaborate on what you mean by the second paragraph, I don't quite get what your point in bringing that up was.
You brought up Moka as a comparison in terms of strength, and I merely contradicted you by saying theres a massive difference in power between sealed and unsealed Moka.

Quote:
Okay, Tsukune craves blood, a person in withdrawal craves another fix. The fact that this didn't happen until he reached over-dose (Ghoul-mode) is just another parody to my drug-addict theory.
You did notice I said "subconsciously enjoyed" in my post right? Yeah, so it's speculation, the manga is not finished yet so one cannot simply respute it, in fact something like that may end up being a major plot point later. As to proof, I based that mainly on his actions as a Ghoul, so it wasn't the most founded thing I'll give you that much. I just kind of taped that on alongside my major point: that his body has drawn a dependency on it.

I am taking things for exactly what they are, I'm trying to show that Tsukune is still in fact human even though he has: A)Super-strength, B)A "Substance" Craving. That's all that post was about, just sharing my point of view, no need to be hostile if that was what you were going for.
*sigh... His craving for blood and increase in strength and speed are points in which the author is showing that Tsukune is no longer human, this was the original point of discussion was it not? You are evading this primary point with your own interpretation of whatever it is you are trying to explain.

But hey, continue to think of Tsukune as a junkie if thats what makes you happy.
Old 2009-02-13, 09:37   Link #7672
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:

CALLING ALL MIZORE FANS!!!!

Mizore on Rosario+Vampire seasonII manga cover!!!!

Spoiler:
sweet now we only need to wait 3 yrs?? to get that manga volume given the current pace. that really is a nice vol cover O.O `. which vol isthat again, maybe vol2.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 11:08   Link #7673
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Thumbs down

Quote:
In this particular Shonen, humans are weak and squishy creatures. The author made it clear that Tsukune needs to be something more than human if he wants to protect his precious harem.

And your substance abuse theory makes absolutely zero correlation as to whats going on. I hope you realize that.
That's all in your interpretation, what I've posted is simply mine.
As far as I'm concerned, it's a valid point.

Quote:
The author focused on the cracks in the wall made by Tsukune in that particular example for a reason. Tsukune was wondering why he's craving blood as a vampire and why he hasn't returned to "normal". Just think about this for a minute and you'll get it.
I have been thinking about it and my theory still makes sense to me. Guess this is what I get for reading seinen manga, put too much psychology into things and what not.
Ah well, I still stand by my ideals.

Quote:
You brought up Moka as a comparison in terms of strength, and I merely contradicted you by saying theres a massive difference in power between sealed and unsealed Moka.
My apologies, I thought I'd had enough in my post to imply that it was Inner Moka I was speaking about seeing as I compare Tsukune's released state mainly with her's. My bad on that one.

Quote:
*sigh... His craving for blood and increase in strength and speed are points in which the author is showing that Tsukune is no longer human, this was the original point of discussion was it not? You are evading this primary point with your own interpretation of whatever it is you are trying to explain.
You know what, yeah, this is getting too complicated. I'll just stand by my point and say Tsukune is still human and stop trying to find a way to explain it.
Hopefully I won't look like a naggy five-year old in doing so.

Quote:
But hey, continue to think of Tsukune as a junkie if thats what makes you happy.
Honestly not my original point at all, it was merely a comparison but this argument has given me some length to run with the idea... I think I might just stick to it and see where it leads me now.
Ah, the power of Perspective rears it's ugly head once again...

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2009-02-13, 11:11   Link #7674
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Well, Kiria vaguely said that Hokuto interested him, so in return he gave Hokuto his blood. How they met and what led to it is completely unknown. But I have a feeling that the background will be covered in detail eventually.

What I'm curious about is, is that Hokuto can now sustain himself without the lock.
Do we have any idea what kind of monster Kiria is?
It would be interesting to think of how different monsters' blood affect humans...

Hmm... as to your ponderings... perhaps the blood is out of his system? Maybe in that last attack against Tsukune and Moka he wasted whatever he had left?
Or maybe someone took it out manually?

Old 2009-02-13, 11:54   Link #7675
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
The other interesting question: The water harms Tsukune(sealed or not sealed version)? I gues as his vampiric powers growing his vampiric weaknesses are more and more obvious.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 12:18   Link #7676
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... the water has never hurt Tsukune though. I think it's been stated that only the really strong holy artifacts have any effect on him, and that's also only when he goes borderline ghoul/Vampire Berseker

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 15:25   Link #7677
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Water probably won't ever really hurt Tsukune the way it does Moka. Unlike Moka, Tsukune does not have a completely vampiric body, he has an enhanced human body that can/has manifest(ed) vampire-like qualities. If the lock comes off, even now, the vampire blood will surge and wash his consciousness beneath a huge wave of bloodlust. What is likely wanted (by fans and some of the 'powers that be') is that the lock can come off for good and he'll be able to retain his consciousness as Hakuto did but able to supress the full power of the blood through sheer willpower. But he might be able to do that - only once though (the imagined mental strain to do that) - he's going to need a lock on that blood for a long, long time.
Old 2009-02-13, 15:34   Link #7678
wakusei
Snowstorm

but hakuto had 4 years to pratice it and it was gradualy and slowly injected unlike Tsukune where he had large dose's each time. so hakuto had more time to pratice with his powers.. as tsukune will need more training as he is brand new to his powers..

Heres a question...
Chapter 23 Page 14-16 or 17. Anti thesis wants Tsukune to stop beating Midou, but does it realy matter if they die? they already said that the whole newspaper club is gonna die because they decided... (ya im rereading the manga for the.. 45th time in a row ahaha) Is it because there so selfish that without a leader they wont know what they will do even though they went to extremes and kidnapped moka and then expect mercy? Even as they went to extremes to kill them both.. (as the water) So... I say Anti Thesis are just a buntch of whimps of like to kill each other for fail's but cant understand that they crossed the line and wouldnt listen.. and when they find out that there way in over there heads expect mercy...

Whats your thoughts?

Last edited by wakusei; 2009-02-13 at 20:42. Reason: wanted to add more without doubleposting :D
Old 2009-02-14, 14:30   Link #7679
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think the Anti-Thesis youkai's are delinquents that answer to someone with the higher power. Probably Daddy Starbucks...Or the bitch Miyabi.
Old 2009-02-14, 16:20   Link #7680
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
I think the Anti-Thesis youkai's are delinquents that answer to someone with the higher power. Probably Daddy Starbucks...Or the bitch Miyabi.
Um.. Hokuto was the leader of Anti-thesis, remember?

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire