AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 46 45.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 36.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 11.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.96%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-29, 22:41   Link #21
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
The Hiiragi sisters scene was very heartwarming. A+
It reflects real life pretty well, at the very least.
Old 2007-07-29, 23:00   Link #22
Xiaolang

Smile

Spoiler for Quick Summary in Non-sequential Order:

All in all, not as crazy as the last episode, but it's still a winner nonetheless. Will rate when the fansubs are available.

Last edited by Xiaolang; 2007-07-29 at 23:19.
Old 2007-07-30, 00:02   Link #23
Luminisk

adding more spoilers.
Spoiler for rot your tooth:

Old 2007-07-30, 00:26   Link #24
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

I'm getting tired of Shirashi ED too, but at least the song was from Lucky Star instead of Haruhi.

First time I've ever downloaded and watched a non subbed ep and despite not knowing 90% of what was said I still loved it (mainly cause of Kagami), and the Hiiragi sisters bit actually made me go 'awww' which I never expected to happen in LS.

Can't wait for the subs.
Old 2007-07-30, 01:01   Link #25
Panzer Bandit
Serfectly Pober

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. I didn't really expect a scene like that in Lucky Star, which I guess made me feel even more warm and fuzzy inside.

Lucky Channel was great this time around too (well, for me, anyway). Lots of unexpected happenings this episode.
Old 2007-07-30, 01:28   Link #26
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

I was expecting to see Konata reaction to Code Geass season finale, since she is a hardcore fan of that show.^-^
And she wont read a book even if it has Haruhi on the cover.
Actually I know a lot of people that claim being Haruhiist and didnt read a single one of the books.
The Hiiragi sisters scene was a reference to Kaleido Star?
Old 2007-07-30, 01:43   Link #27
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Am i the odd one out there? I'm actually finding this Shiraishi ED to be fun and funny!

If you put the wawawa context aside, this ED is simply the best out of the four.
Old 2007-07-30, 01:55   Link #28
MagicMango

The Shiraishi ED's always make me lol.
His butchered version of Hare Hare Yukai is classic.
Old 2007-07-30, 02:20   Link #29
Xiaolang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesiopdv View Post
The Hiiragi sisters scene was a reference to Kaleido Star?
If you're referring to that little dance they did, here's your answer:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...5&postcount=81

Gotta love obscure references. XD
Old 2007-07-30, 07:50   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
the end failed again this week...im beginning to hate his dam voice :/

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-30, 08:05   Link #31
FGSFDS
This is FGSFDSPARTAAA

This episode's Lucky Channel and Shiraishi's ED amused me.
Old 2007-07-30, 10:07   Link #32
shiro83

Lucky Star never failed to surprise me... with all the live action endings...
Old 2007-07-30, 10:28   Link #33
41nano

Quote:
I totally agree.

Anyway, this was my first time watching the RAW and I think I understood around 50/60% of the show.
A nice episode with Kagami character development. And it might be because i didn't understand what they were saying, but the music during Matsuri-nee san and Kagamin little "quarrel" was a bit scary.

LC was very good IMO, I still love Anime Tenchou.
And I might be one of the only ones who loved that ending, Shiraishi still rocks!
But for next week, I hope we will see a main cast ED.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:25   Link #34
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Kagami-sama FTW. If it weren't for yet another Shiraishi ED, I would have awarded this ep more points, so I'm giving this a lowly 10 instead. (Note sarcasm. )

The whole Hiiragi family scene was so sweet, it felt like a scene straight out of a great bishoujo game title. It was "un-Lucky Star-like", but who's complaining? Better that than all those god-damn references that sully the show, right? (Once again, sarcasm intended. )

Anyway, here's me highlights for this ep:

- 24!!! OMG, brings back all the memories. Man, I really need to renew my acquaintance with Agent Jack Bauer of the CTU. For all sorts of reasons, I've not been able to watch 24 since Season 2. (Here's another good example of how an original sketch from the manga can be improvised with subtle reference of a hit show. ) Wonder if Fox plans to sue Kyo-Ani?

- Career choices:

1. Couldn't properly hear what Tsukasa-chan's first career choice is, but her second choice is fashion and her third is marketing. (Imagines Tsukasa-chan making her own brand of designer clothings...... )

2. Miyuki's career choice is medicine, medicine and medicine. So no surprise here.

3. Kagami-sama's "boring" choices include science, economics and literature. Again, no surprise.

4. Kona-chan's career choices:
1 - Brigade Commander (LOL)
2 - Successor to the Fist of the South Star (Double LOL, see this link for why: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokuto_no_ken)
3 - Storyboard artist

I actually think she has a good chance doing her third choice. Kona-chan also mentions her special skills include: memorizing the names of all the Pokemon creatures. She must've been singing the Pokemon rap everyday when she was young.

- Kagami-sama tricks Kona-chan into reading light novels. Good job, Kagami-sama!

- Poor Kagami-sama got framed by Kona-chan when Nanako-sensei discovers the graffiti on Kona-chan's textbook that she borrowed

- Kagami-sama rediscovering her handkerchief that she thought she lost in her summer uniform. That happened to me as well when it comes to switching seasons. When I thought I lost something in summer, turns out it was in my winter clothes, the opposite is also true.

- Whenever Yui-nee gets depressed thinking of her husband, as if on cue, he calls right away. Talk about "Speak of the Devil".

- I have absolutely no idea what's with the Hiiragi sisters in spandex suits with the cheesy 1980s disco music. But it was funny in a nonsensical WTF way.

- The sweet Hiiragi family scene as mentioned above.

- WTF at Anime Tenchou's cameo in Lucky Channel. Oh well, at least he didn't barge into the "main show" this time. Seems like "Shiroishi" got snatched by him from under Akira-sama's nose.

- Double WTF at yet another Live Action Shiraishi ED. OK, Kyo-Ani, now you're crossing my "line of acceptability" as well, so that's enough, thanks. (BTW, who're those two girls chatting in the back of the bus? One of them looks like Konno Hiromi, AKA Akira-sama. )

- WTF again at the preview, following a "Keroro Gunso" and "Kyon + Nagato" style preview, we now have a "Anime Tenchou" preview. Who wants to guess who's next? Nanoha? Code Geass? Gundam?

Overall, leaving the ED aside, I liked this episode as well. Take away the ED and Lucky Channel and I might fall hopelessly in love with the show, or many I already have.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:35   Link #35
Xiaolang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
- I have absolutely no idea what's with the Hiiragi sisters in spandex suits with the cheesy 1980s disco music. But it was funny in a nonsensical WTF way.
LOL! Man, either my posts are being ignored or I really am OLD to get this reference.

Quote:
- Double WTF at yet another Live Action Shiraishi ED. OK, Kyo-Ani, now you're crossing my "line of acceptability" as well, so that's enough, thanks. (BTW, who're those two girls chatting in the back of the bus? One of them looks like Konno Hiromi, AKA Akira-sama. )
While there's obviously a large contingent of people who hates the live action ED sequences, I'm in the minority that loves these. They're not really brilliant, but I laugh and laugh and laugh every time I see Minorun makes a fool out of himself.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:48   Link #36
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolang View Post
LOL! Man, either my posts are being ignored or I really am OLD to get this reference.
I'm terribly sorry, but I usually write my thoughts first before reading through the thread. Please accept my apologies.

Ah yes, how could I forget Cat's Eye!? I used to watch that when I was young, but maybe I was too young to understand the story. I ended up treating the girls as villains and actually rooting for the cop who keeps on failing to catch the "Cat's Eye" trio, of which one of the sisters turns out to be his girlfriend.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:54   Link #37
Xiaolang

Quote:
I'm terribly sorry, but I usually write my thoughts first before reading through the thread. Please accept my apologies.
Don't sweat it man. Things tend to get ignored on the Internets since information flies way too fast.

Speaking of Cat's Eye, I need more episodes! I only have about 6 fansubbed episodes of this series. But of course, if it's licensed in the U.S., please ignore my request.
Old 2007-07-30, 13:31   Link #38
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Another example of 24's popularity in Japan:

http://www.cmt24.net/
Old 2007-07-30, 15:03   Link #39
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
the end failed again this week...im beginning to hate his dam voice :/
Maybe it was meant to be that way...

Agh...just saw tha raws...NICE ONE!!! BAKUNETSU!!!
Old 2007-07-30, 15:54   Link #40
velocity7

Are you people not tokusatsu fans? D:

Anyways, Shiraishi's version of the Kamen Rider 1 henshin at the ending was classic. (already bad enough Konata's father did Kamen Rider Super 1)