AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-04, 21:32   Link #2181
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
How about the Panzers?
The mechanics team mentioned at the start of the episode that they replaced the regular treads with snow treads.
Old 2012-12-04, 21:33   Link #2182
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
You know these and other scenarios would make for some great storytelling shame the anime most likely won't get that "down and drity" but we still have fan fics.

Oh I can see it now...

Miss. Nishizumi: Remember kids the Nishizumi way is absolute!

Mr. Nishizumi: Dear don't you think you're being a little hard on the girls?

Miss. Nishizumi: Shut up and get back in the kitchen!
I guess the men are portray as weaklings in this world.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 21:35   Link #2183
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Somehow I can see this shopped to have her with red eyes and bat wing and the lower one with white hair and a maids bonnet.
Old 2012-12-04, 21:38   Link #2184
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I understand it is cold and snows in Northern Europe during winters in the plains between Germany and Russia (Poland) where tanks are very usable.

The ones I'd expect to see having problems would be the American tanks, the Italian and French tanks, and the Japanese tanks.
Quote:
The mechanics team mentioned at the start of the episode that they replaced the regular treads with snow treads.
Thanks for the clarification, guys

But still their aiming...It is far worst.

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-12-04 at 21:57.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 21:39   Link #2185
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I love how Darjeeling seems to have turned into Ooarai's (or is it Miho's? Hmm...) biggest fan. I mean, that just HAS to be the reason why she's willing to watch the match, in the open, while it's snowing, yet is still dressed in her default school uniform. Maybe she's wearing thermal undies...
Old 2012-12-04, 21:53   Link #2186
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I love how Darjeeling seems to have turned into Ooarai's (or is it Miho's? Hmm...) biggest fan. I mean, that just HAS to be the reason why she's willing to watch the match, in the open, while it's snowing, yet is still dressed in her default school uniform. Maybe she's wearing thermal undies...
That's your British stereotype character in Japan . No matter what is the environment, tea must not be missing and they won't change their usual routine.
Old 2012-12-04, 21:54   Link #2187
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Quote:
They only put the snow tracks "winterketten" to the Stug. the other tanks had the regular tracks.

I think this episode's action scenes my favorites until now, the panzers rolling in the snow, the bombing of the town was thrilling.
Zaku_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 22:01   Link #2188
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I guess the men are portray as weaklings in this world.
Men are not seen as weaklings, but rather lacking in chivalry and considered to be very dangerous element to society when provided armored fighting vehicles.

One of the maxim in takery states: Men are prone to fight wars. Thus prohibited from participating in the art of tankery.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 22:03   Link #2189
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Men are not seen as weaklings, but rather a very dangerous element to society when provided armored fighting vehicles.

One of the maxim in takery states: Men are prone to fight wars. Thus prohibited from participating in the art of tankery.
..cause men are brutally cooler in an armored tank ....

Old 2012-12-04, 22:03   Link #2190
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Described like that, it... sounds a lot like what Miho tried against St Gloriana. She just didn't have the tanks and crews to pull it off. Which was my point: whatever tactical acumen she may or may not have, her options are sharply limited by the poor quality (and quantity) of her assets. And her own lack of will, to be fair.
Both sets of tactics are similar, but it's pretty clear that Katyusha's was designed to have a much higher chance of succeeding, a better payoff when it does succeed, and flexibility if the plan failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
4Tran, on the matter of close quarter combat. It's painfully obvious that the KV2 alone would be at its playground in that sort of setting. The very fact that the girls aren't allowed to continue fighting on small arm and RPGs made the entire situation only makes the warehouse all the more difficult to harden as a stronghold.
The KV-2 is dangerous, but the IS-2 is outright deadly. I'd assume that not all of the rules of the tournament have been revealed (or will ever be revealed for that matter), and among them, any use of out-of-tank combat is probably grounds for disqualification. It'd be the only way to keep the fights safe.

Quote:
And during the scene where they are surrounded... the enemies ( 6-8 tanks firing at the same time at close range) just managed to hit one tank? and not even raise a flag? Don't get me wrong, they ( the panzer team) managed to hit at one shot two tanks at long range... This is hilarious...
The Pravda tanks managed to hit three tanks: the Pz. IV has a jammed turret, the StuG III lost a track, and the M3 Lee lost its main gun. Normally, all three AFVs would have been knocked out then and there, but you have to give some leeway for the writers to stage the inevitable comeback.

Quote:
And lastly, after losing 4-5 tanks during the battle, I'll never give them a chance to regroup and form a plan... I'll destroy the church and have it collapse on them... if this were a real war that is... but this is the chance the Russian to win..
With some justification, Katyusha thought that they've already won. Miho and the rest were just about to surrender after all.
Old 2012-12-04, 22:10   Link #2191
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post

The Pravda tanks managed to hit three tanks: the Pz. IV has a jammed turret, the StuG III lost a track, and the M3 Lee lost its main gun. Normally, all three AFVs would have been knocked out then and there, but you have to give some leeway for the writers to stage the inevitable comeback.
That was during the "retreat" toward the church.. I'm talking about the scene where the enemy surrounded them and fired at the same time then followed immediately but the "retreat." And also not one tank raise a flag...

I have doubts if they will surrender... I think the writer will think of all the crazy things to make them win like exiting at the back of the church and outflanking them... If I were the tank commander, I've destroy the church.
Old 2012-12-04, 22:27   Link #2192
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
That was during the "retreat" toward the church.. I'm talking about the scene where the enemy surrounded them and fired at the same time then followed immediately but the "retreat." And also not one tank raise a flag...
You didn't know about those tanks' gunner and driver view port?
Old 2012-12-04, 22:32   Link #2193
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2012-12-04, 22:35   Link #2194
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You didn't know about those tanks' gunner and driver view port?
I don't know what you meant by that... My concern is the bad aiming even at close range....
Old 2012-12-04, 22:46   Link #2195
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
I don't know what you meant by that... My concern is the bad aiming even at close range....
Go back a few pages, someone posted pictures showing the poor visibility of both the driver and the gunner in a T-34, to the point where a Tiger was able to sneak on them unnoticed.
Old 2012-12-04, 22:48   Link #2196
4Tran

Quote:
The gunnery in this show has been the most unrealistic element. But if Pravda won outright, then there'd be no story left.

Quote:
I have doubts if they will surrender... I think the writer will think of all the crazy things to make them win like exiting at the back of the church and outflanking them... If I were the tank commander, I've destroy the church.
Ooarai not surrendering goes without saying. However, they would have done just that without outside intervention. If I were Katyusha, I wouldn't have even given Ooarai that opportunity, and just leveled the church with HE from the KV-2's 152mm gun - that's what it was designed for.

Quote:
Go back a few pages, someone posted pictures showing the poor visibility of both the driver and the gunner in a T-34, to the point where a Tiger was able to sneak on them unnoticed.
That's a massively over-exaggerated though. The poor visibility on a T-34 is more of a design quirk than it is a real flaw, and it's one that was largely rectified in the later models.
Old 2012-12-04, 22:49   Link #2197
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Ok, I got that.. Anyway.. Lastly, are they aiming on the wheels? They keep on hitting the ground...

Quote:
If I were Katyusha, I wouldn't have even given Ooarai that opportunity, and just leveled the church with HE from the KV-2's 152mm gun - that's what it was designed for.
Now were friends! That would any tank commander will think and will the opportunity to win... !

+
Old 2012-12-04, 22:54   Link #2198
4Tran

Quote:
Ok, I got that.. Anyway.. Lastly, are they aiming on the wheels? They keep on hitting the ground...
The out-of-story explanation is that it's just to make the combat more exciting.
Old 2012-12-04, 23:01   Link #2199
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

My interpretation was that at, on some level, Katyusha was grandstanding. She wants Ooarai to be running in panic like headless chickens, so that she could get them in a situation where she could humiliate them further. They are "nameless upstarts" after all.
Old 2012-12-04, 23:21   Link #2200
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Quote:
The out-of-story explanation is that it's just to make the combat more exciting.
Yes, same reason bullets make sparking ricochets on every available nearby surface when they miss people on TV—if they'd just gone flying past them in midair, it would be a lot more difficult to tell that people were being shot at and/or notice the danger.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks