AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-02, 23:11   Link #381
chronotrig

Spoiler for 中庭の構造上:

Last edited by chronotrig; 2008-09-02 at 23:22.
Old 2008-09-03, 04:25   Link #382
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Well
Thinking better
I think we have to take into consideration that the (real world) adults and (meta) battler and walgiria (even without Beato saying it in red) thought those rooms to be secret rooms. Well, they have to have the minimum to think this is the case and the minimun is doors and windows all closed (if there are tricks and secret passages, it's another talk). And being a bizarre scene like that/those, a mere padlock would not be that surprising, it would be like "Hey, I, the criminal, created a secret room, you hear?!"

It would be quite strange for them (a bunch of adults, 8?) to forget about the boiler room's backdoor all opened when Battler found it quite easily in the first episode. Well, I know it's just assuming stuff but maybe theres really a padlock there in the 3rd episode.

And in this episode, Ryuukishi is quite 'economic' in the descriptions of such scenes, so we can't know for sure (too much meta world for my taste)...

Hmm
other thing
About my theory:

'The windows are manually locked/unlocked from inside without the need of keys, if I'm not mistaken (well, my house is like that too, hehehe). And since I also do not remember anything contrary to this, it will be my hypothesis. (probatio diabolica)'.
It was denied by:

Quote:
It's even said in this episode:

Originally Posted by Part 09 B
Beato
ちなみに、6つの部屋の扉や窓はいずれも普通。オートロックのような鍵を使用せず施錠できるよ うな仕掛けは 存在しない。

Personally, this red text is absolutely useless. As I said before, Beato never reds that any of these 6 rooms as closed rooms. It's possible at least 3 of the 6 rooms may not have been true locked rooms.
Well,
What if I change it to:
The windows need keys to be opened as this red text mentions. But what if these keys are different keys from the original key of the room and are kept near the window? Or even inserted in its respective lock?
hehe
With this my theory could still make sense and Rudolf opening Shannon's secret room and Beato's red text here would all make sense together.

It would be just like a manual locking but without violating this: オートロックのような鍵を使用せず施錠できるよ うな仕掛けは 存在しない。

Last edited by theacefrehley; 2008-09-03 at 09:15.
Old 2008-09-03, 10:21   Link #383
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Okay, you guys made me curious. So I replayed that one scene in EP 01
Spoiler for bits and parts of game text:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley
The windows need keys to be opened as this red text mentions.
What? The windows are normal. You don't need a key to open or lock the window. 鍵 can mean either key or lock. If they needed a key to unlock the window, then Rudolf couldn't have "unlocked" the window in the room Shannon's body was found.

I think you misunderstood why I posted that. It wasn't to deny you. It was proof that the windows are normal windows which don't have built in functions like an auto-lock. All windows and doors in these 6 rooms have to be manually locked, there isn't any other way to do so, is pretty much what Beatrice is saying.
Old 2008-09-03, 10:34   Link #384
Rias

There are still some loopholes for the first night of ep3.

1. Red text tells us that there's only 5 master keys, but it never said that there's only 1 room key per those rooms/places. Even if you add the red text from ep2, we only know there's only 1 key for the chapel. That leaves the other 5 rooms completely open to manipulation.

2. Since Walugiria's description was cut off, Beatrice's Closed Room definition was not put onto the 2nd floor guest room, boiler room, and the chapel. That opens the possibilities for all those hidden rooms/passage and what not for those places. After all, ep1 did show that the boiler room can be connected to the courtyard.
Old 2008-09-03, 12:55   Link #385
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Guess I'd better stay out of this for now...
until chinese patch is out
Old 2008-09-03, 13:57   Link #386
chronotrig

Spoiler for mostly ep1 stuff:
Old 2008-09-04, 04:08   Link #387
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peroyasha View Post

What? The windows are normal. You don't need a key to open or lock the window. 鍵 can mean either key or lock. If they needed a key to unlock the window, then Rudolf couldn't have "unlocked" the window in the room Shannon's body was found.

I think you misunderstood why I posted that. It wasn't to deny you. It was proof that the windows are normal windows which don't have built in functions like an auto-lock. All windows and doors in these 6 rooms have to be manually locked, there isn't any other way to do so, is pretty much what Beatrice is saying.
I know 鍵 means key or lock, but got kind of confused here, . sorry.
What I also got confused with was that for me:
manual lock = no need of keys, just turn a 'mechanism' with the hand and it's locked. And it is not applied to the doors, obviously.

My definition of manual locking might be wrong and messed my thoughts here
Manual locking doesn't imply no need of keys hehe

my theory is alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
There are still some loopholes for the first night of ep3.

1. Red text tells us that there's only 5 master keys, but it never said that there's only 1 room key per those rooms/places. Even if you add the red text from ep2, we only know there's only 1 key for the chapel. That leaves the other 5 rooms completely open to manipulation.
As for this part
Beatrice in fact confirms it, but not in red... suspicious hhehe

「……2階客室の鍵…。
それは、2階客室の扉を、マスターキー以外に唯一開けることができる鍵だ、という定義でいいの か?」

「うむ。
問題ないぞ。
そして、マスターキーと違い、その1本しかない。」

I just don't remember if in episode 2 she mentioned that these 'original' keys are only one, without copies, in red colour.

Last edited by theacefrehley; 2008-09-04 at 08:36.
Old 2008-09-04, 12:47   Link #388
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-04, 15:50   Link #389
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Wait guys I think we are all taking these too seriously...
Let's think about it, we're not dealing with Sherlock Holmes or Detective Conan cases right now, what we're dealing here, is just another work in the series of "When They Cry". With this it cannot be judged by mere human logics, we have to "Think outside the box".

For example, back in the release of Higurashi Onikakushi and Watanagashi, I went back through the posts of people taking logical reasonings there, and they all went through all the details and evidences trying to prove it's done by either Rika, Satoko, Rena or Mion, none of them thought about what's NOT going on. It turns out that they are infected with the Hinamizawa syndrome and what they saw were just hallucinations, which, none of them had put up.

And From what I can see, Ryukishi meant us to become as mindfucked as this
Old 2008-09-04, 20:01   Link #390
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peroyasha View Post
Spoiler:
The Chapel is also fishy in the way that only the chapel key can be used (not even the master key), if ep2's red text carries over...I wonder if that's got to do with anything.

As to Krauss/Natsuhi having seperate room, I think they do. Ep1 shows that Natsuhi went to sleep by herself and was "saved" by the scopion decoration. However, that doesn't really tell us if their relationship is good or not. It has shown that Krauss doesn't really value Natsuhi's opinions at time, shown throughout ep1~3...
Old 2008-09-04, 20:11   Link #391
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
It has shown that Krauss doesn't really value Natsuhi's opinions at time, shown throughout ep1~3...
I think that has more to do with Krauss's sexist beliefs
Old 2008-09-04, 20:15   Link #392
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Krauss really treats Natsuhi horribly :S

There hasn't been any scene of showing them having anything near a stable relationship...

And we're never given any info on Rosa's "husband" was he a runner?

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-09-04, 20:17   Link #393
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
And we're never given any info on Rosa's "husband" was he a runner?
IIRC I think it's said that Rosa doesn't even know who the father of Maria is
Old 2008-09-04, 20:41   Link #394
Rias

Too bad it wasn't Mr. Depp...but it still might have a chance to be Okonogi
Old 2008-09-04, 21:14   Link #395
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Wow, Rosa was very... proactive.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-09-04, 22:25   Link #396
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
Wow, Rosa was very... proactive.
L...OL...
Does that mean Rosa is actually a W*ore?
Lol, no wonder Kinzo calls Maria dirty

Hopefully Maria will find happiness some day
Old 2008-09-05, 04:37   Link #397
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Well the only refereces I remember from him are:

From Kinzo:
楼座はどこの馬の骨ともわからん男の赤ん坊など生みおって!!

Rosa brought to the world a baby from a nobody!!

Maria Tip:
桜座の娘。父親は知らない。
Rosa's daughter. Father unknown.

I guess he just ran away when he saw Rosa with a big belly
Old 2008-09-05, 06:43   Link #398
orange541

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Well the only refereces I remember from him are:

From Kinzo:
楼座はどこの馬の骨ともわからん男の赤ん坊など生みおって!!

Rosa brought to the world a baby from a nobody!!

Maria Tip:
桜座の娘。父親は知らない。
Rosa's daughter. Father unknown.

I guess he just ran away when he saw Rosa with a big belly
Maybe he was Onikakushi-ed by Kinzo.
And for that reason Rosa resent Kinzo.
And then...
Old 2008-09-05, 12:26   Link #399
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Possibilities for Maria's father:

1. Maria's father is a servant (Genji, the one that quit, another X-non which we have not met, etc). Rosa can't say anything b/c how strongly the family will resent this. Probable. The game is pushing these types of relationships.

2. The family only meets 1 time annually. If Rosa missed 1 meeting and faked her pregnancy, than Maria could be adopted. I highly doubt this as I absolutely see no reason for Rosa to kill her reputation even further with the family.

3. Whore.

4. Incest. Extremely doubtful.

5. The father is someone that Kinzo does not approve.
Then the father where-about is...
a. Dead
b. Missing (Military and is MIA, boating accident, etc)
c. Ran off

6. Artificial insemination. Rosa just wanted a kid but couldn't keep a stable relationships with anyone.
That explains Kinzo's anger: 楼座はどこの馬の骨ともわからん男の赤ん坊など生みおって!!
and why no one knows who the father is.

Those are the possibilities I could think of. I'm leaning on (1). (5b) and (6) then (5a) as runner ups. This likelihood is on baseless instinct. (1) b/c of the relationships in the game, and if (5ab) or (6) then father could have rights to the fortune. (5c) and (3) also can claim rights too but I'm just basing my guts on the others ones first. If (5b) that might explain the time when the Beatrice portrait was put up. While I'm no legal expert, there is a legal time frame where someone who is missing can be declared legally dead. Since Maria is 9, then maybe this legal time frame in Japan is 7~8 years during the '70~80? In Higurashi, Ryukishi 07 did pull up legal information in the TIPS section for child abuse for during Japan in the '80s, so maybe Ryukishi went through the same trouble here?
Old 2008-09-05, 17:31   Link #400
Rias

I think there's a good possiblity that Rosa's husband is not the father of Maria. Knowing Ginzo's attitude, I don't think he would allow a marrage without throughly checking out the person beforehand, just like what happened to Hideyoshi. どこの馬の骨ともわからん男 would apply to the person that Kinzo doesn't even know about.

Furthurmore, I think the Ushinomiya family knows who the husband is, as it was only said that Rosa's husband hasn't attend the family meeting for years. In other words, he has attended it before.