AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-11, 17:57   Link #861
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I somehow see Mikhail being enlarged to fulfill an empty spot in the Pixie squad, in a blue Queadluun. Accept no substitutes!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-11, 18:00   Link #862
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmm the classic Blue and Red baron-baroness combo? Best pilots in the fleet?
Old 2008-07-11, 18:03   Link #863
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Hmmm the classic Blue and Red baron-baroness combo? Best pilots in the fleet?
I personally found that to be pretty sexy in DYRL, even if it only lasted less than a minute

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-11, 18:14   Link #864
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I somehow see Mikhail being enlarged to fulfill an empty spot in the Pixie squad, in a blue Queadluun. Accept no substitutes!

- Tak
How is Michael going to snipe from a Q-Rau though?
Old 2008-07-11, 18:23   Link #865
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
How is Michael going to snipe from a Q-Rau though?
Costum model, I´d say. Not that it´s going to happen ( enlarging him, I mean. ).

So, who else thinks Grace is putting Sheryl away "for her own good"? I think Sheryl is going to be aware quite soon that Grace is up to no good.

I am pretty interested in how the writers are going to have Grace keeping the plotting secret for a few more episodes. Amnesia for Michael, Sheryl being poisoned with the Witchcraft pills, then put into a guarded internment ward? With all the spoilers of Sheryl repeatedly escaping from the hospital, it seems a very real possibility.
Old 2008-07-11, 21:14   Link #866
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

anyone get from ep 14 that galaxy might be trying to remove the vajra from exsistance because they been experimenting on them?

Its starting to feel like they made them like that and that under normal circumstances they are "docile" but once you mess them up they go rampaging about, they use a "queen like" one for fleet control it I wonder if they have a supreme queen and if so would the new one be ranka?

Oh I can soo see Galaxy doing everything they can to have control over the vajra cheap easy to produce weapons and their fold anywhere technology and willing to destory a few megaroad fleets to do it....
Old 2008-07-11, 21:16   Link #867
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Some Pet Theory of what's going on:

117th Research Fleet meets the Vajra for the first time 19 years ago. The Vajra didn't attack and hid more often than not from the humans. (They were really shy) As the two species got to know one another, a treaty or contract of friendship was drawn between the 117th and the Vajra. That contract was in the form of the song Aimo. (Only certain people can contain the Vajra virus and be in symbiosis; most people’s immune system would just fight it off or get taken over by the Queen. Even then the few people who can live in symbiosis with the virus must have pass certain requirements to be consider “Queen”) The contract allows the singer who's infected by the Vajra virus to be a "Queen" and call on the help of Vajra when they are in trouble through singing Aimo (Aimo was probably a song created between the 117th and the Queen). In return, the 117th fleet would also help the Vajra when they are in trouble. Treaty was made probably nine years ago between the deceased Queen on Macross Global. However, the 117th fleet is funded by LAI tech and the tops wanted the Vajra power for themselves (It’s like having the U.S.’s Predator equipped with more fire power and more speed/maneuverability than 4 F-22’s, at the cost of a few hundred bucks). They were going to betray the Vajra Queen and kill her. Then have one of the few people who can live in symbiosis become the “Queen” and live under the thumb of LAI. (AN: Absolute power corrupts absolutely). But somebody found out (Ranka’s Family) and decided to tell the Queen to save her (Ranka’s Brother). Enraged the Queen tried to destroy everything, hence the destruction of the 117th Research Fleet. Everybody would really have died if not for Ranka’s mother, who sacrificed and assimilated herself to the V-Queen to save the survivors. (Ranka’s brother seriously hurt but saved by LAI) Then the Queen hid out at Galia 4 waiting until Ranka comes of Age before giving Ranka the “key” to the Vajra Fleet. (Ranka still has no clue) They probably thought she was at Galaxy at first (7 years is a long time for a child) and thought Ranka was Sheryl (Earring was probably made from the same crystals as that in the Queen’s body so they probably thought it was her at first. Not to mention Galaxy is also a branch of LAI). A few Vajra’s were sent to retrieve her at Frontier (thus the attack in episode 1) and somehow by fate or luck, they found Ranka (If the embarrassed scream from getting groped was any indication).

I think the real reason why the Vajra Mother Ship took Ranka was to give Ranka the key to the fleet. Attacking Frontier was to tell Ranka what would happen if she doesn’t take control and responsibility of the V-fleet. (Since Vajra are pretty much simple programs who kept on repeating the last command) And when Ranka sang Aimo with V-Queen, it was kind of like a coronation, which confused the hell out of grunts. (Grunts: A queen? We have another queen? Where is she? Where is she?)
Old 2008-07-12, 03:33   Link #868
ReddyRedWolf

On Ranka and Sheryl's mysterious mothers or should we say mother?

Seiyuu Maaya Sakamoto who was singing Aimo was credited as Ranshe.

Ran-She

Ranka Sheryl

Perhaps there is a reason why Ranka is the little queen with the V-type virus and why Sheryl has those crystal earrings.
Old 2008-07-12, 03:37   Link #869
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
On Ranka and Sheryl's mysterious mothers or should we say mother?

Seiyuu Maaya Sakamoto who was singing Aimo was credited as Ranshe.

Ran-She

Ranka Sheryl

Perhaps there is a reason why Ranka is the little queen with the V-type virus and why Sheryl has those crystal earrings.
Well, that would preclude a yuri ending.

Hm, now "Goodbye, Sister" gets another ominous under-tone.

Maybe Grace was referring to Ranka as the "little queen" rather an allusion to Sheryl than to the Vajra?

And just for fun, how would you name a third sister? Rylka? Karyl?
Old 2008-07-12, 03:46   Link #870
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
And just for fun, how would you name a third sister? Rylka? Karyl?
Brera.

Speaking of that guy, how would he fit in this speculation? Why would he ignore Sheryl if she looks like his mom?

(I'd like Karyl by the way.)
Old 2008-07-12, 03:52   Link #871
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Brera.

Speaking of that guy, how would he fit in this speculation? Why would he ignore Sheryl if she looks like his mom?

Because he only has partial memories himself? At least that is how it appears to be, so far.
Old 2008-07-12, 03:58   Link #872
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Brera.

I believe Grace has his memories sealed or erased that's why he doesn't recognize Ranka but feels an affinity.

Sheryl on the otherhand he has not met personally but Grace does hover around her thus no opportunity to.

Batter yet what happened to Mao that her grandkids are used and targeted by a conspiracy.
Old 2008-07-12, 04:10   Link #873
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I keep waiting for all this to tie into the lost Megaroad-1 somehow.
Old 2008-07-12, 09:25   Link #874
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I keep waiting for all this to tie into the lost Megaroad-1 somehow.
Heh heh, keep on hoping, because that won't happen

- Tak

Old 2008-07-12, 09:26   Link #875
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well you have to wonder if it's a coincidence the Ranka's mother looks like Sheryl with green hair... and to the person above I'll rather the Megaroad-1 remand a mystery than find out that the Varja wiped them out... unless we find out that deeper towards the core they have units that make the red ones look weak as fuck in comparison..

Also I think we can agree that the chances of a Sheryl Galaxy ending is pretty much going down the drain since it's setting up Galaxy to be the real bad guys of the series over the Varja. I can easily see the Galaxy fleet in addition to fleets of controlled Varja being the final opposition at the end. Should see a lot of Vf-27 action if that's the case.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-07-12 at 12:19.
Old 2008-07-12, 12:25   Link #876
Key Board
Carbon

I told you before, Shery is a Sara Nome clone

click
Old 2008-07-12, 12:29   Link #877
Westlo
Lets be reality

I dunno about a Sara Nome clone but I'm definitely thinking she's a clone... of Ranshe Mei perhaps.. who could possibly be Mao Nome's daughter which keeps the bloodline intact.
Old 2008-07-12, 13:38   Link #878
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I told you before, Shery is a Sara Nome clone

click
Well, that might explain why Ranshe looks a lot like Sheryl. If Ranshe is a descendant of Mao and Mao was Sara's sister, there are bound to be similarities among the descendants. But Sheryl being a Ranshe clone might also be plausible.

But that spoiler summary you gave doesn't really give a reason for Ranka's glowing belly and the fact that Grace called her "Little Queen." The writers seem to be suggesting Ranka has some Vajra in her or is infected with something. Was that the result of an experiment?
Old 2008-07-12, 14:45   Link #879
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

^ Also Keyboard never actually told us what his source was.
Old 2008-07-12, 15:24   Link #880
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

^He said he was from the future.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers