Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

one month is going to be a long wait. Its torture. T-T
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 07:45   Link #102
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

God I love this series. Rea so so damn cute. She meets the cute character quota for two months with each chapter.
Old 2010-07-17, 09:49   Link #103
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
The thing I like most about this chapter[8] is how Rea's dad just stabbed Furuya through the stomach and told him "You thought this was a game!?". It was real annoying, seeing Furuya shaking his ass like Wario and not take the situation he was in, as well as Rea's dad's feelings, seriously. Of course, he only got stabbed because he has some special power at work(i.e. if he was completely normal, he prob wouldn't have gotten stabbed), but it felt good to see him realize what was really at stake here. I wish he didn't have a special power, because now it might be a moot point that he got stabbed(for messing around, not in terms of the story).

Oh, and for Furuya power theory...
Spoiler for theory:

Last edited by frubam; 2010-07-17 at 10:02.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 09:58   Link #104
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Of course, he only got stabbed because he has some special power at work(i.e. if he was completely normal, he prob wouldn't have gotten stabbed).
It would have been a nice trope subversion if he got stabbed, bled, died, did not come back as zombie or whatever. The manga would have ended right there, but hey. I can think of a couple of fantasy authors who do it this way, but for a romance manga with just one male lead this would be kind of fatal. So we'll just have to wait and see what kind of trick he used, I guess.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 20:54   Link #105
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Ah the obsessive father is really annoying. About time Furuya give him a nice hit on the head.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 22:16   Link #106
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Well, him and his special power might be going to the hospital after this too...
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 22:59   Link #107
Xacual

Technically didn't Furuya just win since the father said if you manage to hit me like a very not genre savvy person. Of course I don't expect the Father to keep that promise.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 00:20   Link #108
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Ah the obsessive father is really annoying. About time Furuya give him a nice hit on the head.
Pedophile much?
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 01:03   Link #109
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
Pedophile much?
Your funny.

Anyways good chapter. I'm guessing he could be a cat demon considering he has all those cat antics.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 07:51   Link #110
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodd View Post
Your funny.

Anyways good chapter. I'm guessing he could be a cat demon considering he has all those cat antics.
You're just saying that because his hair looks like cat ears on the side =03.
Old 2010-07-19, 03:20   Link #111
Jarmel

Still loving this art. Lol I'm looking forward to the ultimate mode.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 13:04   Link #112
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
You're just saying that because his hair looks like cat ears on the side =03.
Isn't his hair always cat-eared like when he's making faces?
Old 2010-07-19, 14:53   Link #113
Xacual

I completely expect the "ultimate mode" to be a bait and switch and him to pass out in the next chapter which cues in Rea to save him or something else happening.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 20:37   Link #114
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I completely expect the "ultimate mode" to be a bait and switch and him to pass out in the next chapter which cues in Rea to save him or something else happening.
Rea will save him and end up killing her father who too will be raised as a zombie.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 21:41   Link #115
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Rea will save him and end up killing her father who too will be raised as a zombie.
That'd ruin things. Eww. Only "Sexy" people can be zombies. Her mother next, maybeh?
Old 2010-07-20, 02:38   Link #116
darry

loving this
darry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 16:27   Link #117
Arturro

If anybody interested - a new scanlation group just started to translate Strange Town Or to be more precise they picked up a dropped series. If you like Sankarea you will like adventures of Rena. Another story but full of ecchines, cute drawings, romance and supernatural.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 18:24   Link #118
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arte View Post
If anybody interested - a new scanlation group just started to translate Strange Town Or to be more precise they picked up a dropped series. If you like Sankarea you will like adventures of Rena. Another story but full of ecchines, cute drawings, romance and supernatural.
Ah, yeah so that's finally being worked on again. It's been like, at least a year since then. I remember reading that right after Inu Neko Jump. I thought it was pretty creative. And also the nerd
Spoiler for Otomare spoils:
Old 2010-07-26, 10:45   Link #119
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
I'll add it to my to do list, which has shortened down a ton since OM is closing.
Old 2010-07-31, 17:42   Link #120
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Although I'm not a zombie genre fan, I'm enjoying Sankarea from the POV of an occult story, ie. strange potions etc.

One thing I'm wondering about is the grandfather. Going beyond the simple question as to whether he's a zombie too, I wonder if perhaps he is much older than we think. If he is being kept alive by hydrangea, he might easily be (say) 100 years older than he appears. Firstly, it would seem he is the author of the manuscript, but I get the impression that this is a very old document. Secondly he keeps talking about "Sada", but apparently his late wife was actually called Kiyo... perhaps he is talking about a wife or lover from a previous life?

Finally I am also intrigued by the significance of the hydrangea being the Sanka family emblem, perhaps this is not a coincidence. Could the whole story be packed with zombies I wonder... The family name Sanka (散華) actually refers to flowers: the kanji spelling of Sanka is also the word sanke, which has the same connotations as the better known chiru (散る), ie. falling flowers as a metaphor for a noble death.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen, supernatural, zombie