AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-17, 03:49   Link #1
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
questions about the possibilities of slam dunk 2 manga

well i was looking for news about the second series (part) of slam dunk manga so i came upon some things, so i would appreciate it if someone would help me out here:

1- in ANN site there was some news about slam dunk 2 mangahere but it was 3.5 years ago, and in that article they had a link to inoue's site the site was last updated in 3rd of august what caught my eyes was this
Quote:
Now for some news about Slam Dunk.
With the figures for July, the sales of JC's Slam Dunk graphic novels have topped 100 million volumes.
To be honest, After the numbers passed 1 or 10 million, I couldn't tell the difference anymore, but at the very least I know that there are more people reading it than I can imagine.
I feel like I'm repeating myself over and over again but, thank you.
Thank you very much.
I really can't thank you enough.
And thus ----
I wanted to show my appreciation for you countless people, so I've decided to try something.
8/10 (planned).
If you get the Yomiuri Shinbun, Asahi Shinbu, Mainichi Shinbun, Sankei Shinbun, Nihon Keizai Shinbun or Tokyo Shinbun, please take a look at the morning edition on 8/10 (planned).
Please just take a look.
To everybody, and everything, and my dog and cats -- Thank you.
so what was he talking about?

2- and is there a chance for a second series for this great manga?

Last edited by whatever123; 2004-09-17 at 03:51. Reason: clarification
Old 2004-09-17, 07:07   Link #2
TechnoMage
Shoujo-Anime Member

His site was most likely talking about the Slam Dunk Omake mentioned here.

As for there being a chance of a sequel manga series... sure, I guess. There is always a chance. But then, there is also always a chance that it will never happen. >.> Unfortunatly, only Takehiko Inoue and likely his editors know.
Old 2004-09-17, 09:45   Link #3
whatever123

thats not really good i hoped it would be something about a sequel, specialy since i felt that there were a lot more things to do in the series, i kinda felt that the end was a bit abrupt

Last edited by whatever123; 2004-09-17 at 09:49. Reason: added a bit
Old 2004-09-18, 02:54   Link #4
JERI

I pray to God that a Slam Dunk II manga never walk the earth.

Seriously, the series was complete, perfect, done. Any further stories about the Shohoku basketball team will just be anticlimax.

SDII should be impossible within some 3 years anyway, considering that Takehiko has got both Vagabond and Real to keep him busy.
Old 2004-09-18, 05:09   Link #5
whatever123

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERI
I pray to God that a Slam Dunk II manga never walk the earth.

Seriously, the series was complete, perfect, done. Any further stories about the Shohoku basketball team will just be anticlimax.

SDII should be impossible within some 3 years anyway, considering that Takehiko has got both Vagabond and Real to keep him busy.
well i have to disagree with that i think that inoue ended slamdunk a bit early i mean he introduced some characters in the end of the series just to disappear without being of any significance in the story, we still don't know if sakuragi and rukawa will ever make it to the US, the future boyfriend of haruko out of sakuragi and rukawa, he could introduce some new characters to replace akagi and megane (forgot his name)
Old 2004-09-18, 05:47   Link #6
ranmaaddict
Rumiko no Korikatamari

Send a message via Yahoo to ranmaaddict
Cool.

And to think... Slam dunk was a wonderful anime... Number 2 probably may go out!
I can't wait!
Old 2004-09-18, 15:46   Link #7
Spooky-Electric

If the manga-ka didn't feel it was complete he wouldn't have ended it in the first place. So I don't see a need for a second series.

In fact I would go as far as to say a second series would be milking the popularity of Slam Dunk.
Old 2004-09-18, 17:04   Link #8
whatever123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
If the manga-ka didn't feel it was complete he wouldn't have ended it in the first place. So I don't see a need for a second series.

In fact I would go as far as to say a second series would be milking the popularity of Slam Dunk.
maybe he just ran into a mind-block or maybe he found another story he was more interested in writting, you never know

and if he thought that it was complete then he wouldn't have thought of writting a second series.

anyways i only thought that it was possible due to the articles i posted, but i got my hopes too high based on the second article, which turned out to be different than what i expected so i don't think a new series (if it happens) will come out anytime soon.

Last edited by whatever123; 2004-09-18 at 17:06. Reason: added a bit
Old 2004-09-18, 17:17   Link #9
Spooky-Electric

If he was blocked then he could have just had the manga go on hiatus like he's doing with Vagabond.
Closed Thread