AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-11-30, 23:27   Link #201
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Eneru
All this talk of Eneru seems pretty cool. His logia ability and a strong use of mantra already says potentials. Personally I think Eneru would be great in the New World. Especially after the time skip. If luffy kicked ass after the timeskip I wonder what Eneru could do with that Logia and Haki combined. He used his mantra pretty well in battle. So if he learned the other two he would be pretty damn close to challenging other players like Big mama and Kaidou.

Future Yonkou?
I personally hope he makes it has one of the yonkou title. His god like attitude really would make things interesting. It would be a big shift from the normal yonkou attitude that we are used too so far.
Eneru is a awesoem bad ass charcter and if he was Yonkou it would be genius
Old 2010-11-30, 23:28   Link #202
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Eneru
All this talk of Eneru seems pretty cool. His logia ability and a strong use of mantra already says potentials. Personally I think Eneru would be great in the New World. Especially after the time skip. If luffy kicked ass after the timeskip I wonder what Eneru could do with that Logia and Haki combined. He used his mantra pretty well in battle. So if he learned the other two he would be pretty damn close to challenging other players like Big mama and Kaidou.

Future Yonkou?
I personally hope he makes it has one of the yonkou title. His god like attitude really would make things interesting. It would be a big shift from the normal yonkou attitude that we are used too so far.
Eneru is a awesome bad ass character and if he was Yonkou it would be genius
Old 2010-12-01, 01:23   Link #203
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Future Yonkou?
Well Whitebeard was treated pretty much the same before the war. Even Buggy knew better than to incur the wrath of Whitebeard by attacking one of his sons. He stopped people from attacking Fishman Island just by saying it was his property.

And don't forget that Kaido seemed to think that he could do the same thing with that island that Drake went to. Yonkous definitely get the god treatment, and if Eneru ever comes back, I want him to not act like he's God, that would mean he learnt nothing from the smack down Luffy put on him back in Skypiea .
Old 2010-12-01, 01:24   Link #204
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Eneru is a awesome bad ass character and if he was Yonkou it would be genius

I personally think Blackbeard right now is closest to that title right now~
Old 2010-12-01, 01:27   Link #205
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
The Gorousei seemed to think Marco might have a shot at the title, but it would make for a better story if Blackbeard got it.
Old 2010-12-01, 02:34   Link #206
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Well Whitebeard was treated pretty much the same before the war. Even Buggy knew better than to incur the wrath of Whitebeard by attacking one of his sons. He stopped people from attacking Fishman Island just by saying it was his property.

And don't forget that Kaido seemed to think that he could do the same thing with that island that Drake went to. Yonkous definitely get the god treatment, and if Eneru ever comes back, I want him to not act like he's God, that would mean he learnt nothing from the smack down Luffy put on him back in Skypiea .
Response to Gin
I am talking about there attitudes of the yonkou not how people treat them. So far of what we have seen of the yonkou attitude White Beard and Shanks don't act like gods. They don't let the power get to there head. But Eneru as got that god like attitude.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 07:37   Link #207
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well yea of course we seen him grow and seen his strength most, but he wouldn't be a Yonkou.
(Wasn't he a warlord)
Old 2010-12-02, 13:01   Link #208
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Well yea of course we seen him grow and seen his strength most, but he wouldn't be a Yonkou.
(Wasn't he a warlord)
Blackbeard renounced his warlord title during the war at Marineford. So for the past 2 years, he's been an active pirate again, and thus eligible to vie for emperor status.
Old 2011-01-16, 15:46   Link #209
marvelB

I do believe that bringing this thread back up to speed is appropriate in light of the latest chapter's info.

So: Big Mom (aka Charlotte Ling-Ling). New guardian of Merman Island. True, we still don't know much about her yet, but what little info is available is still pretty interesting nonetheless. We know that the empress demands payment for her services, unlike her predecessor, Whitebeard. However, rather than accepting monetary payment for her services, she instead opted to have her own private candy factory built instead! For what purpose did she choose to fill Whitebeard's shoes? Was it strictly for business, as the starfish Pappag suggested, or was it for more personal reasons? Perhaps the current storyline may shed some light upon that very question......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 22:18   Link #210
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
For what purpose did she choose to fill Whitebeard's shoes? Was it strictly for business, as the starfish Pappag suggested, or was it for more personal reasons? Perhaps the current storyline may shed some light upon that very question......
Maybe protecting Fishman Island presented a tactical advantage for her?
Old 2011-01-17, 00:10   Link #211
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I do believe that bringing this thread back up to speed is appropriate in light of the latest chapter's info.

So: Big Mom (aka Charlotte Ling-Ling). New guardian of Merman Island. True, we still don't know much about her yet, but what little info is available is still pretty interesting nonetheless. We know that the empress demands payment for her services, unlike her predecessor, Whitebeard. However, rather than accepting monetary payment for her services, she instead opted to have her own private candy factory built instead! For what purpose did she choose to fill Whitebeard's shoes? Was it strictly for business, as the starfish Pappag suggested, or was it for more personal reasons? Perhaps the current storyline may shed some light upon that very question......
I'm leaning towards a rather simple answer. 1) There were advantages for her to take in the island (i.e. the candies which may be more than they appear) and 2) fishman island petitioned for her protection. They did say that they need protection afterall and now that WB is gone they would likely have looked for whoever else was willing or convenient.

Shanks doesn't seem to have a system of tributary countries and Kaidou seems like a bad person. Or it may just be that Big mom's territory was the closest one. One could expect that the territories of each Yonkou to be aggregated into certain boundaries rather than random islands here and there. Otherwise they won't be able to defend them.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 08:30   Link #212
crossgundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Blackbeard renounced his warlord title during the war at Marineford. So for the past 2 years, he's been an active pirate again, and thus eligible to vie for emperor status.
but i wonder how their ship will look like till now there's no news on this
crossgundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 18:09   Link #213
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So after the 2 Years.... people still refer to them as the "Four Emporers", meaning that SOMEONE has filled the hole Whitebeard left.....

Though, seeing as I'm just catching up again, I might have missed something big~
Old 2011-01-22, 11:17   Link #214
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
The Gorousei seemed to think Marco might have a shot at the title, but it would make for a better story if Blackbeard got it.
They never said he had a shot at bein the next Emperor. Just that they could only see the remaining 3 Emperors or Marco & wat remains of the WB Pirates who could possibly stand up to BB and bring him down.

At this point, its pretty much a given that he's the new Emperor. Given the crew that he has...and that he was a former WB pirate and knew WB's turf really well....
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 11:27   Link #215
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
They never said he had a shot at bein the next Emperor. Just that they could only see the remaining 3 Emperors or Marco & wat remains of the WB Pirates who could possibly stand up to BB and bring him down.

At this point, its pretty much a given that he's the new Emperor. Given the crew that he has...and that he was a former WB pirate and knew WB's turf really well....
I find it somewhat ironic that the Gorosei seem to be praying that one of the Emperors takes down Blackbeard. They don't seem to think the Marines can (not that I disagree with them there).
Old 2011-01-29, 20:48   Link #216
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

I think that Luffy is going to kick Blackbeard's butt. Since Blackbeard did take Ace to Impel Down. So I guess Luffy is gonna get revenge in New World
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 15:02   Link #217
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I find it somewhat ironic that the Gorosei seem to be praying that one of the Emperors takes down Blackbeard. They don't seem to think the Marines can (not that I disagree with them there).
It made no sense at all, that the Marines just let Blackbeard walk with that crew of the most dangerous criminals that were ever locked away. They only needed to focus all their forces on Blackbeard & his crew, and that would be it for BB. Garp & Sengoku coulda taken BB, the Admirals, Shichbukai and all the remaining Vice Admirals coulda dealt with the rest.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 15:15   Link #218
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
It made no sense at all, that the Marines just let Blackbeard walk with that crew of the most dangerous criminals that were ever locked away. They only needed to focus all their forces on Blackbeard & his crew, and that would be it for BB. Garp & Sengoku coulda taken BB, the Admirals, Shichbukai and all the remaining Vice Admirals coulda dealt with the rest.
The thing is that they could have even made a temporary alliance with the Whitebeard Pirates to take the them down, and then get back to killing each other.
Old 2011-02-01, 15:18   Link #219
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Shanks demanded that the war be stopped. That means that all parties were to withdraw, otherwise they would have to deal with the red-hair pirates and risk suffering more casualties/fatalities. Besides, each side got what they wanted, so it was best to live and fight another day.
Old 2011-02-01, 15:20   Link #220
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Shanks demanded that the war be stopped. That means that all parties were to withdraw, otherwise they would have to deal with the red-hair pirates and risk suffering more casualties/fatalities. Besides, each side got what they wanted, so it was best to live and fight another day.
And Shanks, regardless of wanting to stop the war, should never have let Blackbeard walk out of there, especially after his warning to Whitebeard.