AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 40 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 38.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-06, 07:42   Link #41
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

yuuta still bit since hug with rikka while speaking of rikka indeed she fallen for yuuta love give two alone together from train stop to e-donald food & etc.

then rikka's sister appear talk to yutta about she has go to italy yet rikka's mom coming in but rikka has not talk to her mom since whatever to her father.

so rikka's sister ask yuuta to wake up rikka into reality then festival day in all ready yuuta meet her then wonder cue night appear yutta wake up rikka.

then rikka sing & wham her eyes are normal.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2012-12-06, 07:44   Link #42
Gettersaga
Go Nagai's works big fan
*Scanlator

Without that ending I don't think that there would have been other two (three, including the BD exclusive one) episodes. I can mistake, of course.
I just wonder, is ever possible that, not always, when someone in an anime series, in manga too, must go somewhere far, often that place is the Italy (well Europe's country anyway)?
Old 2012-12-06, 08:48   Link #43
Ringil

The first half was pretty good.. The second half was poorly paced in my opinion.
Old 2012-12-06, 09:45   Link #44
Slydragon93
Anime & Manga Reviewer

This episode was amazing to get some of the drama in Chuunibyou! and Yuuta and Rikka finally confess their love for each other which was great. I was intrigued that Yuuta confessed with the dark flame master. Then there was the funny bit where Kumin rejected Isshiki lol whilst she was asleep so does that really count?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-12-07 at 08:13. Reason: No advertising!
Old 2012-12-06, 10:20   Link #45
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

That confrontation must've been an aggressive one if it made Rikka sing and take off her eyepatch...AND contact in front of everyone. Wish they showed it.

Can't wait for the next ep.
Old 2012-12-06, 11:51   Link #46
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

I seemed to have missed something.

All of a sudden, everyone seems to be thinking that the bad one here is Rikka, not the mother who abandoned her young child for two years. Mom makes a sudden appearance with a bento (that she won't even give to her daughter herself), and everyone seems to think she's a wonderful mom, and that Rikka is a terrible child, blaming her, instead of the one who actually ran away, abandoning her kids.

And Yuuta, he seems to have been confronting Rikka not for her sake, but, like everyone else here, he now believes that it was all Rikka fault that her mom abandoned her. What a jerk. After all the positive vibes I was feeling about him during the first half of the episode completely evaporated as soon as he realized that it was Rikka's mom with the bento. Once again he just proves himself to be aggressively violent toward Rikka. And he's supposedly in love with her???
Old 2012-12-06, 12:40   Link #47
Itlandm
Porcupine

I agree, we should not be quick to judge Rikka. Her mother seems so nice now, but grandparents and siblings don't shelter a kid for years just on a whim. I still think the mother is bipolar or some such, and may just happen to be in a good phase now and on the other occasion shown in flashback. Rikka has said before that she does not hate her mother. (When Touka asked her.) Yuuta needs to trust Rikka more. That is what I think. Why does he not ask her in private instead of saying hard things while friends are watching?
Old 2012-12-06, 12:44   Link #48
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
I seemed to have missed something.

All of a sudden, everyone seems to be thinking that the bad one here is Rikka, not the mother who abandoned her young child for two years. Mom makes a sudden appearance with a bento (that she won't even give to her daughter herself), and everyone seems to think she's a wonderful mom, and that Rikka is a terrible child, blaming her, instead of the one who actually ran away, abandoning her kids.

And Yuuta, he seems to have been confronting Rikka not for her sake, but, like everyone else here, he now believes that it was all Rikka fault that her mom abandoned her. What a jerk. After all the positive vibes I was feeling about him during the first half of the episode completely evaporated as soon as he realized that it was Rikka's mom with the bento. Once again he just proves himself to be aggressively violent toward Rikka. And he's supposedly in love with her???
Where do you get Yuuta is blaming Rikka for the fact that her mom left? You're jumping to conclusions yourself here. The truth is Rikka couldn't stay the way she is now. Could you picture her at the end of high school applying for colleges and still lost in her delusion? While I don't agree with the way he suddenly went about it, she does have to face reality eventually.

The episode I thought was really good at first, but I'm not sure where it will go from here. Rikka taking off her patch felt forced, honestly, and I doubt some off-screen words by Yuuta will fix things. Kumin was hilarious with the rejection... I just loved how no one really said anything about a girl sleeping in a futon in the middle of the festival.
Old 2012-12-06, 12:53   Link #49
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I hope Rikka doesn't change into something she isn't....She doesn't seem to be running from reality, rather she knows it and although her chuuni behaviour is something she uses to cope with that fact, she seems to be a fantasist at heart. Her suddenly trying to turn riajuu would be extremely strained and unnatural.

On another note, Dekomori was great this ep....can't stop equating her to Nonna and that Katyusha scene though
Old 2012-12-06, 13:38   Link #50
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Terrific episode, but.... If Yuuta was trying to use force to remove the eyepatch, he was wrong. It's a very good thing they obscured that part of the story. In any case, suddenly shifting his opinion like that, and doing it at a very inconvenient time, makes me see him as just another little boy easily influenced by his elders (Touka). Kind of disappointing.

They seem likely to pretend that this was a good thing and helped cure her, but using force to enforce your own opinions on others is fundamentally a bad thing, and can only be okay in really extreme and urgent circumstances. I think he had time to work on her, and on himself, before asking her to remove her final protection. I thought the performance could have been like a grand farewell to chuunibyou.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-12-06, 13:48   Link #51
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

It's not black and white. I don't see the need to label anyone the bad guy and the rest the victim. Back then we only know that the mother left them with grandparents, so the first intuition says their mom is terrible. Now we have another piece of info: she actually tried very hard to make up for keeping Rikka in the dark, but Rikka refused to respond. So the scale tip to the other side. It's Rikka's turn to explain herself. It is one thing to keep her delusion to protect herself from "something", but it is another problem if that is causing real trouble for others. Yuuta is ok with Rikka being a chuunibyou, but he is not ok with her ignoring her own mother. With the kind of family he has, I'm not surprised. I know everyone has a different background, but I still can't help but be very upset if someone treat his or her parents that way. Considering that she just took off her colored contact and eye patch, that, I guess, is the signal that she will talk about it. That's why I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2012-12-06, 14:50   Link #52
taichi-kun

I think Yuuta acted under touka's influence without thinking properly and made the situation worse.

Now we are going to see a different rikka, a normal one.. but not being herself.
Old 2012-12-06, 15:22   Link #53
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I agree, we should not be quick to judge Rikka. Her mother seems so nice now, but grandparents and siblings don't shelter a kid for years just on a whim. I still think the mother is bipolar or some such, and may just happen to be in a good phase now and on the other occasion shown in flashback.
Well said. We really know zippo about both Rikka's mom, or the whole situation. If mom was so devastated by Rikka not talking to her that she had to dump her kids on her dead husband's parents and run away, I would agree with you that there is most likely something more fundamentally wrong with the woman. Granted, not all mothers act the same way toward their children, but most mothers will not abandon their children, no matter what happens. I could understand if Rikka had, say, killed her husband, but, for, as far as we have been led to believe, Rikka simply stopped talking to her.

Quote:
Rikka has said before that she does not hate her mother. (When Touka asked her.) Yuuta needs to trust Rikka more. That is what I think.
Me too!

Quote:
Why does he not ask her in private instead of saying hard things while friends are watching?
He's an idiot? He doesn't respect her? He didn't consider her feelings? He was brooding over his own inadequacies and took it out, violently, on Rikka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
While I don't agree with the way he suddenly went about it, she does have to face reality eventually.
It is neither Yuuta's job, nor his responsibility to force Rikka to leave her Chunni behavior behind, and "face reality" as you put it. There has been nothing to suggest that she would not eventually work things out for herself. And so what if she doesn't? Big Sis and Yuuta have their own motives for wanting her to abandon her Chunni behavior. And neither of them are squeaky clean, sparkling examples of upright behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I hope Rikka doesn't change into something she isn't....She doesn't seem to be running from reality, rather she knows it and although her chuuni behaviour is something she uses to cope with that fact, she seems to be a fantasist at heart. Her suddenly trying to turn riajuu would be extremely strained and unnatural.
Well said. I wonder how many people here cosplay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Terrific episode, but.... If Yuuta was trying to use force to remove the eyepatch, he was wrong. It's a very good thing they obscured that part of the story. In any case, suddenly shifting his opinion like that, and doing it at a very inconvenient time, makes me see him as just another little boy easily influenced by his elders (Touka). Kind of disappointing.
I couldn't agree more. I had wanted to make the point of Yuuta being easily influenced by Touka in my previous post, not just by her mom. His 180° flip-flop from defending Rikka to oppressing her was a bit much to take. Very disappointing

Quote:
They seem likely to pretend that this was a good thing and helped cure her, but using force to enforce your own opinions on others is fundamentally a bad thing, and can only be okay in really extreme and urgent circumstances. I think he had time to work on her, and on himself, before asking her to remove her final protection. I thought the performance could have been like a grand farewell to chuunibyou.
Cure? More like the repressive tactics of a totalitarian regime. Bend to my will or I will beat you until you do. There was no urgent need for him to force her at that moment, but his self-interest got the better of him. Instead of having a quiet, peaceful, private discussion, he attacks her. This is the girl he loves? Rikka oughta dump him ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
I think Yuuta acted under touka's influence without thinking properly and made the situation worse.
Well, although I definitely agree with you that he was acting under Tooka's influence and that he did not properly think it through, it will most likely be portrayed (as it already has been), as Yuuta doing the right thing.

Quote:
Now we are going to see a different rikka, a normal one.. but not being herself.
Exactly. Really, the only ones who have a problem with Rikka's chuuni behavior are Yuuta and Touka (oh, and Grandpa, but I'm not sure if it was the chuuni behaior itself, or if he simply didn't like her). We don't know if her mom finds it objectionable or bothersome.

I gotta say that the idea of abandoning my children never crossed my mind, nor would I have ever done it. There were times that they would not talk to me. There were times that they hated my guts (anyone who has had teenage children will know about this). But leave them with a relative and take off for a couple of years because of it? Absurd!
Old 2012-12-06, 15:42   Link #54
Sakanaka Shouko

I wonder what effects will Rikka's new behaviour have on Dekomori.
Old 2012-12-06, 17:24   Link #55
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Staff comments!
Director/Storyboarder: Yasuhiro Takemoto
Quote:
A confession: bravery.

A confession: a worn-out heart.

A confession: embarrassing...!

And all of those are a confession.
If you've experienced giving one, please relish this taste of those bittersweet (or just bitter?) memories of that time!

If you've not experienced giving one, please watch and use this as a rehearsal for yours!

This is what I think: the moment someone conveys their love to someone else is the utmost moment their soul is bare, isn't it? I tried to illustrate their bareness as devotion. Please view it.

Ah, please don't run against a wall.
Animation Director Nao Naitou:
Quote:
This is Naitou, the person tasked with directing the animation for episode 10.

Schwarz ZX Prototype Mark II did a wonderful job reading the mood. Please watch his (or her?) activities this episode.

I want Isshiki's confession cut as a tall poster.... is what I'm thinking today.
In-between Animation Checker Hiroko Kuroda
Quote:
This is Kuroda and I had the privilege of checking the in-between animation for episode 10.

Finally, it's the climax.
Yuuta and Rikka's relationship has also climaxed. Yeahhhhhh!
That dazzling honest look into someone occureddddd!!!
Those feelings were what I had in mind as I checked the animation....

Oh, I'm stuffed. Thank you for the meal.

Was she brought back to reality at the final part of the end of the episode...
You won't be able to look away next week toooooooooooo!

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-12-06, 17:48   Link #56
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Cure? More like the repressive tactics of a totalitarian regime. Bend to my will or I will beat you until you do. There was no urgent need for him to force her at that moment, but his self-interest got the better of him. Instead of having a quiet, peaceful, private discussion, he attacks her. This is the girl he loves? Rikka oughta dump him ASAP.
You jump to so many conclusions, wrong conclusions, I don't even know where to begin. So let's recap what happened in this episode;
1. Yuuta and Rikka confess their love for each other. If you've been following this show, you'll probably understand that the whole chuunibyou thing is nothing more than a plot device to bring these two together. Chuunibyou is the easel, but Yuuta and Rikka's relationship is the paint.
2. Touka's leaving and she asks Yuuta to help convince Rikka to move on (from her father's death and chuunibyou as a result) so as to be able to get close to her mother, who is returning.
3. Yuuta says something to Rikka. We don't see it.
4. Rikka decides to give the "normal world" a try.
5. Yuuta looks shocked/concerned at this.

Where in this do you see Yuuta being a jerk to Rikka? After everything we've seen, isn't it an awful lot more likely that he wants her to be happy and not lonely (as per episode 5)? I'd be very surprised if, given his reaction at the end, he isn't just a little disheartened at her moving on either. Next episode will confirm it for sure.

------

Regardless, this was a great episode. The confession scene is one of the most beautiful and outright adorable I've seen in anime. Can't wait for more
Old 2012-12-06, 17:49   Link #57
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Well, the cuteness in this episode was off the charts. Best chuuni confession ever.
Old 2012-12-06, 17:56   Link #58
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There is a drastic problem in the equation: Touka probably doesn't have an offer like this without conditions, which probably include a deadline.
Basically, if Rikka is left unchecked, her behaviour would not only be a problem for her mother, but Touka as well, as she would have to choose between her career or taking care of her sister yet again.

Whereas she could handle it for 2 years, it isn't like she can take care of Rikka forever, and Yuuta realizes as well that Rikka will not only restrain herself from moving on, leading to disastrous result past after she goes through school, but it will have a similar impact on the persons who care for her.

Whereas Rikka isn't at fault or doing "on purpose", she is still being a problem for people around her, which lead to a lose/lose situation. Past the fun time it can lead to, Rikka's chuunibyou is still only a measure that keep "something in check", but does -not- resolve the problem.
And I really doubt Rikka's chuuni is her true self either: it is probably part of her personality due to how it was rampant for such long period, but it would be foolish to think a non chuuni Rikka is not the "real Rikka" either, as she already showed glimpse of being normal at several occasions, notably when she got quite intimate with Yuuta (during the summer vacations, and the confession notably).
I can't see that facing reality would mean to admonish/erase her personality, but rather put it back to the actual environnment she is in, which can be a balance of the two. And that's for her own sake, not for just being socially apt.

Whereas Yuuta's intervention may not be the best in an objective sense, it was actually necessary to do something, the sooner the better. And it obviously wasn't an attempt to -force- her to do X or Y, but to make her realize that her act should stay an act, and not a permanent facade.

Really, I see no point in blaming any character in the lot: Yuuta and Touka intentions are commendable and reasonable, while Rikka still has the matter to handle on her own as well.
Old 2012-12-06, 18:11   Link #59
adamatari

I'm more than a little annoyed with Touka - really, isn't she the one who can't have a serious conversation with Rikka? Perhaps some of that is her fault?

I am more than a little annoyed at her butting in, not because of her asking for Yuuta's help, but more because of her claim that letting Rikka be her chuunibyou self would be "irresponsible." And I am annoyed by Yuuta taking that particular point so seriously. Otherwise he may not have taken such a confrontational tact when dealing with Rikka's mom showing up and the bento.

In any case, the ball is firmly in Rikka's court, and it seems she will have something to say on it.
Old 2012-12-06, 18:22   Link #60
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamatari View Post
I'm more than a little annoyed with Touka - really, isn't she the one who can't have a serious conversation with Rikka? Perhaps some of that is her fault?
Remember that Touka had spent some time with Rikka before, and then had to depart from her due to work. Even if Rikka was left to her grand parents care, nothing changed, and even gramps got annoyed with Rikka's act.
Basically speaking, there is already a major timespan that definitely explains the rift between Rikka and her relatives.

It is obvious that even if you talk seriously with Rikka, it will be extremely difficult to have a reasonable response from her, unless her interest is tickled, to which Yuuta managed due to his chuuni past and other circumstances.

It isn't like Rikka is completely at fault, but the situation is hardly something any side could handle smoothly.
Quote:
I am more than a little annoyed at her butting in, not because of her asking for Yuuta's help, but more because of her claim that letting Rikka be her chuunibyou self would be "irresponsible." And I am annoyed by Yuuta taking that particular point so seriously. Otherwise he may not have taken such a confrontational tact when dealing with Rikka's mom showing up and the bento.
No matter how you look at it, Rikka's chuunibyou will not be all funny after she graduates (heck, even now is hardly something people will get along all nicely after a while).
Her current situation is all thanks to Yuuta, otherwise she would probably have no one but Sanae and Touka to rely on, and that cannot last forever neither.
Touka also realizes her own powerlessness and can only bear until the situation goes out of hand 1) when Rikka went to their old house anyway 2) that she will have to leave her alone again.

Simply speaking, Touka is actually making up for her inability to fully comprehend Rikka, by seeking Yuuta's help. As a relative who cares for Rikka's welfare, her range of actions is quite limited after so long.

And actually, Yuuta taking this matter seriously actually shows how he cares deeply for Rikka, demonstrating it isn't a mere crush on Rikka. Really, he knows already what means to be a chuuni on the "reality" side, and going further down this path is absolutely not going anywhere, to the contrary, it will lead to serious issues on the long run.

Be aware that Yuuta went more on the compromise, and asks Rikka to face the world without the "True eye of the wicked king", not forcing her or slapping a "your dad is dead!". So even if it wasn't the best solution, it was definitely the least inconsiderate option he had, that would at least have an immediate effect.