AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-10, 08:48   Link #461
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That lends new meaning to the term, "cock block"...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 08:59   Link #462
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That lends new meaning to the term, "cock block"...
Agreed... Now the only thing's missing is being angry!

Still, I wonder when will the Prince arrived to Japan...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 09:34   Link #463
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I enjoyed the first episode a lot. I loved the relaxed and upbeat atmosphere. Tamako is adorable and the bird is fabulous, that is enough to keep me watching for now. The imouto is cute too, and the rest of the cast look pretty fun.

As I suspected, Tamako's mother is dead, but it doesn't seem like this will be an important plot point. It was mentioned in passing and Tamako has apparently already come to terms with her mother's death. The show will probably be light-hearted from beginning to end, which I don't mind at all.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-01-11 at 01:36. Reason: Removed off topic.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 09:40   Link #464
Peanutbutter

That bird...

That bird makes the show. Without it, it's just a pure Kyoani moefest.

Saw Hikasa Yoko in the ED credits. Who did she voice again?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 09:51   Link #465
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Saw Hikasa Yoko in the ED credits. Who did she voice again?
The owner of the fish shop.
Old 2013-01-10, 10:37   Link #466
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

(SPITS COKE ONSCEEN)
Oh~My~GOD!! From Mio-chan to Rias-Sempai to this?

Oh, Kyoani, I know you want to promote the next best thing but this is just cruel to Hikasa Yoko!!

That said, nice slice of life healing anime.
Love Tama-chan's positive and adorable personality. However, it feels like the director is saying to her "Invoke Hirasawa Yui in your performance". Though "more Yui-chan" is always a good thing, it kind of stops this new girl from explroing her own style of performance.

And of course, that DAMNED BIRD.
Only time can tell if it will make or break the show, because Kyoani seems to put SO much emphasis on him over so many lovable characters with so much potential...... We can only hope this Bird does NOT cook the goose for Kyoani.
Old 2013-01-10, 10:43   Link #467
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I really enjoy the lighthearted tone of this. Also love the market-district setting and Tamako as the inheritor of a mochi shop. It seems that this anime will have a healthy dose of culture just like Hyouka. I love it when I can watch Japanese with different professions living their life. It really adds more compared to the countless anime which focus solely on school-life and the likes.

As for any of the characters, it's still too early to get a grasp of them. Still, I like them all, so far (yes, even the crazy bird ).
Old 2013-01-10, 11:20   Link #468
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I wasn't a big fan of K-On, and this first ep left me totally cold, except for the familiar chara-des and animation. Nice Toyosaki Aki imitation by Suzaki Aya 洲崎綾 as Tamako, and she sings better. This is her first significant role, fifth role overall, despite being 26. She's with the big I'm Enterprise agency:

She looks even more like Mizuhashi Kaori from the side.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 12:31   Link #469
Midonin
Last Engage

Tamako Market 01 - Mochi-Related Things

I feel like Tamako's friends didn't get enough screentime. Two scenes, but compared to everybody else, it's kind of small. The show does have a fairly large cast, so hopefully it can find a way to balance it and give some meaningful time to all the storekeepers, Tama and her friends, her family, etc. The bird's going to get a lot of screentime by default. I do like the quirky small-town feel the show is going for, and so far it does seem like that might be more important than the romance. (But really, I don't see the potential of focusing on Tama and her friends as a bad thing at all.)

The atmosphere's really nice, and the opening and ending themes are both pretty catchy. I can sense the K-ON! atmosphere, but with the focus on hobbies and family, this actually hits a lot, lot closer to Tamayura. I can easily imagine the bird and Momoneko having some sort of spat, like a much fluffier Sylvester and Tweety.

I probably find all of this slightly more amusing than I do given this past weekend's Metaroid in Go-Busters. The part with the bird choking on the mochi called this article to mind. It's sticky and sweet, but be careful.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 12:45   Link #470
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The first episode of this was pretty good. The bird and Tamako herself received good introductions.

My main criticism here is that this episode felt extremely fast-paced. It's almost like the episode itself is suffering from ADHD. It shifts from one scene to the next at an incredibly fast pace, making it harder for me to really get engaged with this fictional world and its characters. With the characters, they must have thrown a dozen or more named characters at us all in this first episode. I would have preferred it if they had focused a bit more tightly on 4 or 5 characters, rather than focus on the bird and Tamako while trying to cram in everybody else as much as possible.

I guess I have some feel for Tamako's father and her possible boyfriend, but it's pretty slim all the same. And Tamako's two friends barely had any presence at all.

But there is some signs of potential there, as the cast seems reasonably likeable from what I could gather about them. And the bird has a great voice, so that helps.
Old 2013-01-10, 13:09   Link #471
Blaat

Okayish first episode, the bird hijinks was more obnoxious to me than funny. I'm also dreading the episode featuring the high school girls doing ugh cute things, I will definitely skip that one.

Shame that these two elements are killing off my interest in this show because the members of the market look like a interesting colourful bunch of characters.
Old 2013-01-10, 13:18   Link #472
Nayim

Oh dear, that was fast.

Spoiler for Fanart:
Old 2013-01-10, 13:22   Link #473
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That a was good episode overall as it was funny as it looks. There was too much focus on the bird though and not enough screentime on the other characters. I'll see how the show turns out.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 13:23   Link #474
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
Oh dear, that was fast.

Spoiler for Fanart:
I'm looking forward to fanarts of Kayneth hitting on Tamako. That's going to be hilarious!

I do like how the bird as a regal arrogance to him not unlike Kayneth himself.
Old 2013-01-10, 14:22   Link #475
Kirarakim

The bird is great

Anyways I enjoyed the episode more than I expected (not necessarily a good thing since I am trying to cut back this season with school and all).

What I liked most about the series is the cast is very varied with kids & adults; males & females. If the series only focuses on the high school girls I will probably lose interest, but if it continues to focus on the whole society around the market (and the bird of course) then I think this could be a fun watch.
Old 2013-01-10, 15:07   Link #476
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The perfect show to watch right after Psycho-Pass.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 15:25   Link #477
Write
Banned

Even with the talking bird this show seems to be a lot more grounded than I had originally expected. Though the last scene may change all of that in future episodes...

The animation is great and the characters (from what little we've seen) seem like they have a lot to offer, so I look forward to that.

Nice OP, even better ED.

Spoiler for Large ED image:

Last edited by Write; 2013-01-10 at 15:35.
Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 16:20   Link #478
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well, I didn't know what to think after the end of the first ep. I liked it, to be sure, but somehow Tamako is ... I dunno ... almost unnaturally odd somehow. Not in a bad way, it's just ... weird in a weird sort of way? Hmm ... madcap? And maybe I should not just target Tamako - it seems the whole series is like this.

Not that I mind.

But yes - overall I like it so far. And the ED is especially nice.
Old 2013-01-10, 17:07   Link #479
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Tamako looks like the love child of Azunyan and Yui from K-ON...only without so much of Yui's stupidity.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 17:33   Link #480
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Tamako herself seems to be one big bag of shipping

We got the strange yurish girlfriend in Midori, the Romeo-Juliet relationship in Mochizou, a bird if you're into that kind of thing, and even a prince charming from a far away kingdom later on !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen