AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-12, 06:27   Link #481
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
I quit after seeing only ONE weapon drop in Adma after doing over 50 runs. I figured I wouldn't bother hitting 55/60 for BT and the other instances if I couldn't even get that weapon :/
When did you run Adma? After 3.5 came most of the lower instances always give drops on the last boss. I think Adma/Theo there's almost at least 1 weapon drop per run. BTHM also got a huge drop rate buff in that people were able to get full eternal BT sets in less than a week. The weapons were still kind of rare though.

I generally don't bother with instances because I tend to have shitty luck with them, so I just stick with the AP gear, which is guaranteed.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 17:29   Link #482
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

I was told that I came AFTER they nerfed Adma drops. A fellow guildie said that Lannok used to drop 2 weapons.

I would love to be geared out in AP gear but it takes so long to get it nor do I have a good legion do focus on PvP. And, I always hated going up against twinks in the Arena =/

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 00:07   Link #483
Xacual

Quote:
I would love to be geared out in AP gear but it takes so long to get it nor do I have a good legion do focus on PvP. And, I always hated going up against twinks in the Arena =/
Haha, this sounds familiar. I hated the Twinks in arena though I stopped at 49. When does the patch with the new classes come out? I might come screw around with the game again.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 00:54   Link #484
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

New classes? I might come around again just to check that out.
Old 2013-02-13, 00:58   Link #485
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
New classes? I might come around again just to check that out.
Yep. Gunner, musician, and rider. No ETA on it yet but my guess is fairly soon considering 3.5 was quite awhile ago. I'll probably try it out when it comes out, but then again, the server is gonna be loaded with those 3 classes haha. I presume low lvl instances may be hard to start considering that reason and I don't see many people rerolling as a priest either to compensate.

Old 2013-02-14, 17:41   Link #486
Xion Valkyrie

3.7 was actually released a couple months ago, so we're getting there. I'd say we're about 2-3 months behind the Koreans in general, although 4.0 is a pretty big update so it might be a bit longer.

Anyways, Bard can heal, so you don't really need to worry about grouping for lower levels. Considering how many Bards there's going to be you'll probably end up with 2-3 bards per party anyways.
Old 2013-02-15, 00:47   Link #487
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Anyways, Bard can heal, so you don't really need to worry about grouping for lower levels. Considering how many Bards there's going to be you'll probably end up with 2-3 bards per party anyways.
Bards will probably be like Chanters then I suppose?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 17:59   Link #488
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Bards will probably be like Chanters then I suppose?
Yeah, in a sense they are like ranged Chanters.
Old 2013-06-04, 13:17   Link #489
Xion Valkyrie

Aion 4.0 will be out on June 26th

Old 2013-06-04, 16:13   Link #490
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

If I recall correctly, the Koreans have 4.0 already and we're just now getting this? Either way, glad I started back up on Aion to get to enjoy this.
Old 2013-06-04, 16:23   Link #491
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
If I recall correctly, the Koreans have 4.0 already and we're just now getting this? Either way, glad I started back up on Aion to get to enjoy this.
It usually takes them 3-4 months to localize the Korean updates, and 4.0 is pretty much the largest update so far. The PvE/PvP content alone is the largest out of any of the updates so far, AND they're adding two new classes.
Old 2013-06-04, 16:26   Link #492
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well, thanks for showing me that the new patch is coming soon. Might check out the information page once it releases tomorrow. Two new classes with one being a gunslinger. Are we getting that bard class ?
Old 2013-06-04, 16:53   Link #493
Xion Valkyrie

Yah, Gunslinger and Bard are the 2 new classes. No idea when we're getting the mecha class.
Old 2013-06-05, 01:34   Link #494
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

I'll be returning as well since I'll be off for summer break. Been lookin to kill time on an mmorpg. I probably won't make a new one, just continue my 50 something glad.

Old 2013-06-29, 01:35   Link #495
Xion Valkyrie

4.0 is out!

Made a new Songweaver, named her VocaIoidMiku =P

Old 2013-07-09, 05:49   Link #496
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

What the fuck?! Why can't I create an Elyos character? What's the point in faction selection option if they shoehorn me into only one?
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 12:12   Link #497
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

They're trying to balance the factions out. Elyos have always outnumbered Asmos and ncsoft has been doing everything it can to attract new players to the Asmos. It's kinda dumb and personally I don't think it will ever be balanced out. I've always liked Elyos, their characters and region just looks "nicer" or "good" while the Asmos is always so dark and gloomy =/

Anyone been playing 4.0? I intended to come back for it but I haven't yet. I want to but I know I'm WAY behind on gear and instances and I'm not looking forward to learning them xP; however, I've been looking for an MMO to come back to.

Old 2013-07-09, 14:12   Link #498
Xion Valkyrie

You can create Eylos Characters at certain time periods during the day. I forget the exact times but I can look them up for you when I get home.

barcode120x: You're in luck for 4.0. You can get completely end game PvP geared in 3 weeks now. It's not the absolute best gear but it's close enough. I'm not talking about 3 weeks of hardcore playing either. I think you can put about 10-15 hours a week in and have enough of the new tokens to get a pvp weapon, a complete set of pvp armor and accessories.

Oh, the new update is mostly a PvP update. If you're mostly PvE it's probably not a good idea to come back now because all the instances require you to be 65 and have ridiculous cooldown times (3 days to a week). Those times will be reduced in a later patch but I don't know when we'll be getting them.

However, if you're into PvP then 4.0 is probably the best Aion has ever been. It's basically PvP everywhere, with lots of hotspots, lots of roaming, and a lot of group pvp. Zergs are basically non existent except in the areas close to the main towns.
Old 2013-07-09, 14:27   Link #499
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
You can create Eylos Characters at certain time periods during the day. I forget the exact times but I can look them up for you when I get home.

barcode120x: You're in luck for 4.0. You can get completely end game PvP geared in 3 weeks now. It's not the absolute best gear but it's close enough. I'm not talking about 3 weeks of hardcore playing either. I think you can put about 10-15 hours a week in and have enough of the new tokens to get a pvp weapon, a complete set of pvp armor and accessories.

Oh, the new update is mostly a PvP update. If you're mostly PvE it's probably not a good idea to come back now because all the instances require you to be 65 and have ridiculous cooldown times (3 days to a week). Those times will be reduced in a later patch but I don't know when we'll be getting them.

However, if you're into PvP then 4.0 is probably the best Aion has ever been. It's basically PvP everywhere, with lots of hotspots, lots of roaming, and a lot of group pvp. Zergs are basically non existent except in the areas close to the main towns.
Thanks for the info. I'm more of a PvE player, at least for Aion since PvP has always driven me away because of the inability to obtain decent PvP gear since the "grind" was always so hard back then. Plus, I have no "decent" group/legion to roll with. I've always liked doing the instances even though they were always the same and I never got any drops haha.

Old 2013-07-09, 15:25   Link #500
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'm more of a PvE player, at least for Aion since PvP has always driven me away because of the inability to obtain decent PvP gear since the "grind" was always so hard back then. Plus, I have no "decent" group/legion to roll with. I've always liked doing the instances even though they were always the same and I never got any drops haha.
It's going to be hard to do any of the new instances without a dedicated group. They are HARD and due to the long cooldowns nobody will risk PUGGing it. However, if your'e interested in PvP now is a great time to get back in the game as PvP gear is a breeze to get now.

There are these new tokens called Blood Marks that you can use to buy PvP gear with. If you do all the weekly quests you'll get around 364 tokens, throw in some pvp dailies (you'll end up doing these while you're trying to do the weeklies) and you'll hit around 400 Blood Marks a week.

A level 65 PvP weapon costs 230 blood mark, a full set of accessories costs around 600 ish, and armor 500. So in 3 weeks of just doing weeklies you'll be fully geared for PvP aside from the manastones. The quests are not particularly hard either. Everyone will automatically form groups at the locations to make sure everyone gets credit on the mob kills and also to fight against enemy pvp players. In general, it takes about 10-12 hours to do all the weeklies for the week, which is pretty light in terms of time investment if you just play a few hours a day.

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows