AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-13, 14:43   Link #1
tkdtiger

[manga] Tobi What to Expect

What techniques do you think he has. Think it has something to do with his eye? That would be cool if it turns out to be another BL based on the eyes like Sharingan and Byakugan, but is completely different then the two. Maybe warps time and space so he see things in slow motion giving him the appearance he's moving faster than he really is or making anything he thinks of come into the real world haha

THere's so much I want to see him do
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 15:27   Link #2
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Based on his own reactions and that of Deidara....plus his weird attitude...

I'd say his powers are something "telekinesis" however he doesnt control it...and as a result he amazes himself sometimes.
Old 2007-04-13, 15:37   Link #3
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
... so he see things in slow motion giving him the appearance he's moving faster than he really is ....

THere's so much I want to see him do
thats what sharingan basically do

i think his ailities are not stable that he amazes himself that is a fact...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 15:48   Link #4
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
thats what sharingan basically do

i think his ailities are not stable that he amazes himself that is a fact...
Not really Sharinga predicts attacks, but doesn't see things in slow motion...maybe it's closer to byakugan in that it doesn't predict the movement. I just read something where it talks about hitting the tenketsu points that the byakugan allows to user to see things in a different perspective that the person seems to move slower so they can hit the points more accurately. So I based it on that
Old 2007-04-13, 15:54   Link #5
tatami
back in black

i remember a slowing down or seeing the path in manga ? so i am not sure
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 16:46   Link #6
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
i remember a slowing down or seeing the path in manga ? so i am not sure
Well since it's a manga and not an anime. You don't really know, unless it would be stated and since they never said anything about seeing in slow-motion. So it's save to assume everything is going in a normal speed. The sharignan basically shows a prediction of how the opponent will move.

Well since I'm a believer in the Tobi=obito. I say the dude has a Sharignan!

If he isn't Obito. ;_: Then I would rather have him not have some kind of special 2 kind of eyes are enough. We don't need more weird ass eyer. What's next someone with shinigami eyes like Shiki of tsukihime?
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 11:53   Link #7
itachi29al

If Tobi is Obito then could that make him the third MS user.They never said that you needed both eyes to do it, you just need the Uchia blood, which he has.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 12:00   Link #8
ShikaShika
無罪

Whatever his powers are, I doubt he's very strong, as his only purpose so far has been comic relief.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 14:05   Link #9
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Whatever his powers are, I doubt he's very strong, as his only purpose so far has been comic relief.
I've always thought that's a hint that he'll be really strong if gets serious. It doesn't seem like Akatsuki would have someone just for comic relief.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 14:31   Link #10
reloaded
skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
If Tobi is Obito then could that make him the third MS user.They never said that you needed both eyes to do it, you just need the Uchia blood, which he has.
If Tobi is Obito then I doubt he would be the 3rd MS user. It would be more likely for Kakashi to know of Obito's existence before Itachi so I doubt Obito was the MS user whom Itachi was reffering to. Kakashi and Rin would'nt just leave Obito's dead body laying under some rocks and return to konoha they would take him back there to be buried just like anyother teammate would do, this is why Kakashi visits Obito's grave regularly so I'm not a strong believer of the Tobi is Obito theory.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 15:26   Link #11
itachi29al

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
If Tobi is Obito then I doubt he would be the 3rd MS user. It would be more likely for Kakashi to know of Obito's existence before Itachi so I doubt Obito was the MS user whom Itachi was reffering to. Kakashi and Rin would'nt just leave Obito's dead body laying under some rocks and return to konoha they would take him back there to be buried just like anyother teammate would do, this is why Kakashi visits Obito's grave regularly so I'm not a strong believer of the Tobi is Obito theory.
You don't know that. Actually the probably didn't go back for the body because they were in the middle of a war and he died on enemy territory. Plus in war they have better things to do then body retrieval. Also why cant this be the person that Itachi was talking about? After all if you check the time line Itachi scared Orichimaru away before he massacred the clan and Obito "died " even before that so if he has been Zetsus lackey then it is possible that Itachi knew of him. I don't know how much i believe he is the third MS user but i do think obito is tobi.
Old 2007-04-15, 15:29   Link #12
shankss
CP10

Im expecting many things from tobi, he's not just a funny guy that took place of sasori..maybe he really released his "One Hit KO" jutsu against water based biju and maybe then tell deidara not to tell anyone? if this sharingan compeltely takes his powers from inner emotions (maddness-itachi? hatred-sasuke? friendship-kakashi?) i think..if hes obito, he was really close to rin..maybe losing someone he love that much can turn his final sharingan to something monsterous? anything can happen, but probably related to obito-kakashi-rin tirangle...
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 15:42   Link #13
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Im expecting many things from tobi, he's not just a funny guy that took place of sasori..maybe he really released his "One Hit KO" jutsu against water based biju and maybe then tell deidara not to tell anyone? if this sharingan compeltely takes his powers from inner emotions (maddness-itachi? hatred-sasuke? friendship-kakashi?) i think..if hes obito, he was really close to rin..maybe losing someone he love that much can turn his final sharingan to something monsterous? anything can happen, but probably related to obito-kakashi-rin tirangle...
I agree even the way he first appeared in the Manga smells of someone who turns out to have mad skills...
Old 2007-04-15, 15:58   Link #14
othafa

I still think that Tobi = Jiraiya. Chronic napping, reluctant to show abilities, plus the timing of when he showed up vs. when Jiraiya disappeared from Konoha...

Based on that assumption, Tobi can summon frogs, use rasengan, some fire jutsu, etc...
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 16:24   Link #15
reloaded
skywalker

Quote:
You don't know that. Actually the probably didn't go back for the body because they were in the middle of a war and he died on enemy territory. Plus in war they have better things to do then body retrieval. Also why cant this be the person that Itachi was talking about? After all if you check the time line Itachi scared Orichimaru away before he massacred the clan and Obito "died " even before that so if he has been Zetsus lackey then it is possible that Itachi knew of him. I don't know how much i believe he is the third MS user but i do think obito is tobi.
Firstly Tobi doesnt seem serious enough to be an MS user and secondly the body would be retreived, Kakashi wouldnt go "even though Obito saved my life and offered me one of his eyes were in a midst of a war so I'll just leave him there half crushed under a rock", that wouldnt happen because they're good team mates Kakashi would make sure his body got retrieved. Kakashi regulardly visiting Obito's grave strongly points to Obito's body being buried there. If Tobi was indeed an MS user then i recon Akatsuki wouldnt have been much quicker to recruit him.
Old 2007-04-15, 16:32   Link #16
itachi29al

Quote:
Firstly Tobi doesnt seem serious enough to be an MS user and secondly the body would be retreived, Kakashi wouldnt go "even though Obito saved my life and offered me one of his eyes were in a midst of a war so I'll just leave him there half cushed under a rock", that wouldnt happen because they're good team mates Kakashi would make sure his body got retrieved. Kakashi regulardly visiting Obito's grave strongly points to Obito's body being buried there. If Tobi was indeed an MS user then i recon Akatsuki wouldnt have been much quicker to recruit him.
First of all i battle you do what you have to do and for Kakashi that was leaving Obitos body behind. Secondly thats not Obitos grave he visits, it the stone with the names of all thoughts killed in action.
Old 2007-04-15, 16:36   Link #17
tkdtiger

Quote:
Firstly Tobi doesnt seem serious enough to be an MS user and secondly the body would be retreived, Kakashi wouldnt go "even though Obito saved my life and offered me one of his eyes were in a midst of a war so I'll just leave him there half cushed under a rock", that wouldnt happen because they're good team mates Kakashi would make sure his body got retrieved. Kakashi regulardly visiting Obito's grave strongly points to Obito's body being buried there. If Tobi was indeed an MS user then i recon Akatsuki wouldnt have been much quicker to recruit him.
Maybe, but Obito was more like Naruto than Kakashi is to Naruto and since Kakashi has MS I would expect that Obito would also have the potential for MS since it is his eye that Kakashi has...

Akatsuki wasn't quick to recruit Tobi they were hesitant. I personally don't think he showed Akatsuki members his techniques so if he is a Sharingan user the probably don't know. I don't think Tobi is Obito, but I could be wrong. I do think there is something about his eye, but I don't think it's sharingan, although it would be interesting if it was something like that...
Old 2007-04-15, 16:43   Link #18
reloaded
skywalker

Quote:
First of all i battle you do what you have to do and for Kakashi that was leaving Obitos body behind. Secondly thats not Obitos grave he visits, it the stone with the names of all thoughts killed in action.
regardless I dont think Kakashi would leave Obito to rot, I doubt any ninja from a Konoha 3 man cell would leave one of their team members behind...the members share bonds just like all other members within teams do. The only evidence which points to Tobi being Obito so far is the fact that his left eye is covered by his mask and his goofy acting, the goofy acting isnt much of a case because characters grow up so I doubt Obito would have the same personality a couple of years later.
Apart from his appearance there isnt any strong proof leading to Tobi being Obito.

Last edited by reloaded; 2007-04-15 at 16:57.
Old 2007-04-15, 16:49   Link #19
tkdtiger

Quote:
regardless I dont think Kakashi would leave Obito to rot, I doubt any ninja from a Konoha 3 man cell would leave one of their team members behind...the members share bonds just like all other members within teams do. The only evidence which points to Tobi being Obito so far is the fact that his left eye is covered by his mask and his goofy acting, the goofy acting isnt much of a case because characters grow up so I doubt Obito would have the same personality a couple of years later.
Apart from his appearance there isnt any strong proff leading to Tobi being Obito.
Not to mention they're required to destroy any evidence of a Ninja or something...especially someone with a BL
Old 2007-04-15, 17:19   Link #20
itachi29al

Kakashi had to leave him to rot whether he wanted to or not. The boy died on enemy territory and i don't care how noble someone is they wont go on enemy turf and risk their lives for a already dead person. Also whose to say they could of even found the body. After all it is under many rocks. An lets say they did go back yo find it and it wasn't their. I doubt the first thing that come to their heads is that "it is essential to find my dead friend when a raging war is going on and i ,a jounin who probably has thousands of missions to do will search the world for my friends fallen body, a quest that may take years." If they were ever going to get the body back Yandaim would have done it after he rescued Kakashi. But he did not for some reason, and Yandaim could not do anything then how could Kakashi. Sorry to ramble on just a thought.

Last edited by itachi29al; 2007-04-15 at 17:22. Reason: confusion