5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 11.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 8.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 3.80%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 5.06%
1 out of 10 : Painful 15 18.99%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-04-30, 02:28   Link #21
tkdtiger

I actually enjoyed this movie. There were good action, but I must admit there were some corny parts...They also give alot of hints towards the manga...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 07:05   Link #22
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

The corny parts I thought...implemented that "Pokemon Drama" If you know what I mean.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 07:29   Link #23
Jehuty

Of course the movie is filler. Other than the 4th movie, I think we can consider all of them filler. that's how it's supposed to be.

The animation sucked on this movie. But although the quality was lower than what one would expect, the fighting scenes were decent -- the pace was rather quick, and it was refreshing to see Sakura in action.

Spoiler:

There were some Pokemon-ish moments in there, which was dissapointing.

One thing pissed me off though...

Spoiler:

But other than that, it was an ok movie to watch -- it wasn't completely horrible, but it wasn't anything memorable either.
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 08:06   Link #24
Blaster

The story and animation are nothing special. Actually, the story is about the same as the 1st movie.

The battles are well done this time esp. Lee and Sakura.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 08:51   Link #25
Hir0

what on earth made rock lee to have that red face, Did he end up unlocking the gates?

When did Lee get those upgrades to his wieghts? lol
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 11:19   Link #26
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Is it just me or did that... lord I already forgot his name... that kid look like a nerd version of Sasuke?
Old 2007-04-30, 12:31   Link #27
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Is it just me or did that... lord I already forgot his name... that kid look like a nerd version of Sasuke?
I thought he looked exactly like younger Lee before he met Gai and got the bowl haircut.

And yes, I think the red face was a cheap way to show Lee using the gates.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 13:32   Link #28
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I thought he looked exactly like younger Lee before he met Gai and got the bowl haircut.

And yes, I think the red face was a cheap way to show Lee using the gates.
The shiny hair gives him a resemblence to Lee before the bowl cut but the shape just looks like a wavy Sasuke do... with gloss.
Old 2007-04-30, 14:02   Link #29
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
I thought he was a young mix between Ishida Uryuu and Sasuke
Old 2007-04-30, 14:38   Link #30
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
the thing that bothered me was Naruto's hair >.<
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 14:50   Link #31
vhx

I liked it, definately better than watching half a manga chapter animated in a 1 hour special. And of course the coolest parts are when Naruto loses it, when Kakashi summons the water wolf thing, and the Lee fight. Loved it when he threw out his weights and they made giant craters. TBH Sakura's fight didn't really seem all that much like a fight, that chick just got 1 shotted. Lol, that's the 5th's training I take it.

At first I hated that kid like Naruto did, but later, I agree, he did feel a lot more courageous. Story was good, the fights could have been better of course. To me the villians felt like low level Shinobi making their way using their tricks (Poison/Stone hand thingy) rather than having actual strength. I don't think I even seen them use a Jutsu hand seal at all.

Can't wait for the next movie taken place in Naruto Shippuden. Hopefully we get better fights there.
vhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 15:42   Link #32
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame View Post
I thought he was a young mix between Ishida Uryuu and Sasuke
Indeed, i thought he was Ishida's cousin or something lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhx
I liked it, definately better than watching half a manga chapter animated in a 1 hour special. And of course the coolest parts are when Naruto loses it, when Kakashi summons the water wolf thing, and the Lee fight. Loved it when he threw out his weights and they made giant craters. TBH Sakura's fight didn't really seem all that much like a fight, that chick just got 1 shotted. Lol, that's the 5th's training I take it.

At first I hated that kid like Naruto did, but later, I agree, he did feel a lot more courageous. Story was good, the fights could have been better of course. To me the villians felt like low level Shinobi making their way using their tricks (Poison/Stone hand thingy) rather than having actual strength. I don't think I even seen them use a Jutsu hand seal at all.

Can't wait for the next movie taken place in Naruto Shippuden. Hopefully we get better fights there
Well 4th movie which is in japanese theaters already, supposedly involves Akatsuki, so I believe that will be way interesting, and it won't be a filler movie.

That kid, i thought was kind of stuck up just because he's rich I guess.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 22:07   Link #33
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hir0 View Post
what on earth made rock lee to have that red face, Did he end up unlocking the gates?

When did Lee get those upgrades to his wieghts? lol
I thought kangaroos beating up to guards was the best part of the movie. I loled when I saw his expression, I thought he was just pissed and busting his balls just to lift all that weight. I felt like Rock Lee will never be the same Rock Lee that fought Gaara. I still enjoyed his new techniques but his opponent look too weak and lame, after the first knock down that should of been it. Matter of fact just make a movie about Rock Lee getting drunk that would of ended the movie 30 minutes earlier. And probably would of been more entertaining.
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 22:08   Link #34
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well to anyone that complains about this being "filler" ofcourse your gonna be disappointed. Its not going to stack up anywhere near to the manga so dont even try.

As for judging it on its own as something seperate...Meh. It had its ups and downs I suppose. Sakura and Rock got some decent fight scenes, which was the biggest sucess of the movie for me. Well...that and watching some kangaroos beating up the guards that was just gold.

Just wish the story was alittle less cliche and kakashi not made out to be so weak.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 23:07   Link #35
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
Indeed, i thought he was Ishida's cousin or something lol.

Well 4th movie which is in japanese theaters already, supposedly involves Akatsuki, so I believe that will be way interesting, and it won't be a filler movie.

That kid, i thought was kind of stuck up just because he's rich I guess.
It's a filler movie also. Some have said it might be akatsuki in it but it doesn't say, but the movie itself is filler. It doen't come out till Aug. 4. The presale tickets are what are being sold..
Old 2007-05-01, 00:11   Link #36
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Wow, they definitely "dumbed down" Kakashi's powers in this movie...

Spoiler:

Action doesn't really pick up until the second half of the movie, and when it did it wasn't really that great. Gaara's battle scenes in Movie 2 were still the best executed action scenes of all Naruto movies, in my opinion.

I rated it below-average, it's something I think I will only watch once, and never again.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 00:40   Link #37
vhx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
It's a filler movie also. Some have said it might be akatsuki in it but it doesn't say, but the movie itself is filler. It doen't come out till Aug. 4. The presale tickets are what are being sold..
Filler movie? So? Movies and OVA's from any anime that has a manga, is considered a filler. As in, it goes off on a side-story from the main story.

Same goes to the rest of you. The movie is either 'bad' or 'good' not 'filler'. It makes you guys look stupid using such a term for a MOVIE.
Old 2007-05-01, 01:34   Link #38
Jaden

yeah, strange to call a movie "filler"...like, filler for what?

I liked the movie, while it was predictable and corny at times, there were many good scenes and it left a good mood in the end. Just like the first two. I don't find it a big deal that the character abilities/behaviour feels somewhat inconsistent, that's to be expected when they aren't written by the original manga author. And it'd probably be just worse if they tried to tie the movies in more closely with the manga/anime series.

There is such a thing as "so corny it's good" like the piggyback crescent moon rasengan. That was a nice touch, reminded me of the rainbow rasengan. I hope we'll see more of those. :P

Also, Sakura beach scene in a different sense would have been nice.

well, that's all my thoughts on this. :P
Old 2007-05-01, 02:38   Link #39
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhx View Post
Filler movie? So? Movies and OVA's from any anime that has a manga, is considered a filler. As in, it goes off on a side-story from the main story.

Same goes to the rest of you. The movie is either 'bad' or 'good' not 'filler'. It makes you guys look stupid using such a term for a MOVIE.
Filler just refers to content that is not mentioned in the manga and is not part of the Manga. It has nothing to do with it being good or bad or if it's part of the television series or a movie. Therefore the movie is what it is added content that is not a part of the manga. In other words anything that goes off on a side-story that doesn't fit with the main story is filler. It doesn't refer to it being good or bad. It is what it is added content. Indeed there have been many episodes that I liked that isn't in the manga, but those are filler material. I liked movie 3 with the exception of a few corny areas, but it's still added content and therefore is filler material. The best way to put it is that it's non-canon material, but saying filler is simpler to write and straight to the point. No offense before you start bashing people at least learn what the terminology refers to.

Last edited by tkdtiger; 2007-05-01 at 02:54.
Old 2007-05-01, 02:50   Link #40
vhx

Well, first of all I wasn't referring to you with the second comment. Secondly, the last 3 movies had nothing to do with the manga. I think it's safe to assume it probably never will. In fact, I don't think I've seen any anime TV series actually use a movie to convey the manga story. Considering that would leave significant gaps in the story for the TV watchers who never watched the movie. It's pretty much given the movie is 'filler'. The only way a movie for an anime TV series would EVER work would be an ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
There is such a thing as "so corny it's good" like the piggyback crescent moon rasengan. That was a nice touch, reminded me of the rainbow rasengan. I hope we'll see more of those. :P
LOL Yeah it reminded me of that too.