AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 52 48.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 34.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 10.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-29, 21:10   Link #221
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
but he could just as easily die in a blaze of glory.
or die like a dog,

Gen does like to kick a man when he is down.
Old 2012-05-29, 22:04   Link #222
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or give false hope....Gen loves false hope.
Old 2012-05-30, 02:56   Link #223
gim

Thank you, for all the answers, now that make sense.
gim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 10:44   Link #224
HomuHomu92

Kariya is a tragic character, but now Iīm starting to wonder...he always claimed that his goal was to save Sakura but in this episode it was revealed that Aoi was his motivation the whole time. When Aoi said those things to him...well, he lost his motivation to fight.

I donīt know how to define his situation, but as noble as his intentions were, in the end his motivations were selfish (kill Tokiomi, because he believed that with his dead everything was going to be okay). But I also consider the fact that he doesnīt has so much time left....
HomuHomu92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 11:41   Link #225
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Uwa, these guys are so young.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:17   Link #226
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touko View Post
The Three Great Houses were idealistic and noble. They respect each other.

Tohsaka had no idea that the Matou's had fallen so far from their original ideals, so he still trusted them. The whole point of this is supposed to be a tragic dramatic irony. In other words, Tokiomi thought he did his daughter a great blessing, but in truth, he threw her into a fire pit.

The "Tokiomi told Kirei that Zouken was dangerous" was a tactical assessment.

Zouken is many times the magus Tokiomi or Kirei is.
He still pretty much brought her into this world without the full knowledge he could protect her, that is very selfish. Also that Matou is a failing house, by their own merits and for their own reasons (It's common knowledge that they were too proud to take on apprentices and allowed their bloodline to thin further and further, where even taking in new blood didn't seem to help - Shinji's mother was the daughter of a magus and it didn't do jack squat). Nor has Zouken ever passed on his Crest to anyone.

It's not so much dramatic irony as it is the fact he was too traditional in thoughts and motive. "Surely our old rivals, noble a house as they are, will welcome and groom my daughter right! I won't even need to check on her occasionally, I'm sure they're legit." Despite the numerous points to the contrary that they were a declining house who has made several inept decisions. We're looking at pure naivety there.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 12:26   Link #227
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
He still pretty much brought her into this world without the full knowledge he could protect her, that is very selfish.
he didn't count on Sakura being born with Talent equaling Rin. Having 2 children with Gifts like Rin and Sakura is like winning the lottery twice in a row.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:29   Link #228
Altima of the Gates
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
he didn't count on Sakura being born with Talent equaling Rin. Having 2 children with Gifts like Rin and Sakura is like winning the lottery twice in a row.
He didn't count on the woman who had a trait of making superchildren, to have a super child? Really? You buy that?

Like I said though, that is still pretty much rolling the dice, which was still selfish.
He had Rin, there was no reason, and even moreso lots of reasons not to have another child.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:33   Link #229
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering how they view modern techology and that would have been in the late 1980s or 1990....they might not have believed in using birth control. Or, this being Tokiomi, his magic protection failed him because he was off by an hour.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:38   Link #230
Altima of the Gates
*Graphic Designer

That doesn't really make things seem better, given they know the nature of the repercussions.
That would be an explanation, but doesn't make them seem any less irresponsible.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:39   Link #231
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Or, this being Tokiomi, his magic protection failed him because he was off by an hour.
Roflmao, that is genius. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 12:48   Link #232
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
He didn't count on the woman who had a trait of making superchildren, to have a super child? Really? You buy that?

Like I said though, that is still pretty much rolling the dice, which was still selfish.
He had Rin, there was no reason, and even moreso lots of reasons not to have another child.
Nobody is making out Tokiomi to be a saint. I'm sure everyone here accepts that he has his episodes of selfishness, and, quite frankly, a truly selfless character would end up more similar to Kiritsugu than anyone else.
Old 2012-05-30, 13:49   Link #233
Altima of the Gates
*Graphic Designer

Well we can't even really say that given the enormity of the damage his wish could cause. Trying to rewrite human nature could even be seen as more selfish, and not weighing the terrible price to be paid in the long run by essentially lobotomizing humanity.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions", as much as I hate that phrase, sometimes rings true.
Old 2012-05-30, 14:26   Link #234
blue_sora

So episode 22 preview screenshots are out:

Spoiler for Episode 22: CHOKING FROM TEARS:

Yes ufotable, keep making Waver as girly as you can. Satisfy the fangirls with dere dere Waver.
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 14:27   Link #235
Touko

Quote:
He still pretty much brought her into this world without the full knowledge he could protect her, that is very selfish. Also that Matou is a failing house, by their own merits and for their own reasons (It's common knowledge that they were too proud to take on apprentices and allowed their bloodline to thin further and further, where even taking in new blood didn't seem to help - Shinji's mother was the daughter of a magus and it didn't do jack squat). Nor has Zouken ever passed on his Crest to anyone.

It's not so much dramatic irony as it is the fact he was too traditional in thoughts and motive. "Surely our old rivals, noble a house as they are, will welcome and groom my daughter right! I won't even need to check on her occasionally, I'm sure they're legit." Despite the numerous points to the contrary that they were a declining house who has made several inept decisions. We're looking at pure naivety there.
Spoiler:
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 14:29   Link #236
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touko View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Tokiomi made the right decisions as a magus who does not want to doom his daughter to popping babies for another mage house, given the information he had.
or spend her life in a bottle of formaldehyde.

Quote:
Aoi has that trait but it is not a 100% guaranteed.
Old 2012-05-30, 15:12   Link #237
ChronoReverse

It's also not a well-known trait if Tokiomi didn't seem to be aware of it until Sakura.

It seems there's quite the lack of empathy going here; a literal lack of the ability to be in the character's shoes is almost prevalent. It's a lot easier to criticize when you have more knowledge and didn't grow up in the circumstances. Doubly so because this is a fictional piece where the way people act only has to be internally consistent and not necessarily consistent with reality. This is a world where someone like Shirou and Kirei exist for instance.
ChronoReverse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 15:49   Link #238
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well, Kariya's target in the war is gone. And to get full, undistracted, use out of Berserker in his effort to win the war and thus the Grail and keep his end of the deal to save Sakura....He must throw Berserker against Saber. Otherwise Berserker will go for her anyway and it serves no purpose for Kariya. So focusing on Saber is the only thing he can do now to fulfill his goal in the war.
The problem is... I can't see Kariya lasting very long if he challenges Kiritsugu's Servant. In the state he is, he'll almost certainly be an easy target for him and his sniper. And Kariya ending up being killed by Kiritsugu would be exceedingly sad, considering the two got into the war with similar wishes to save others and willing to sacrifice themselves. But given the downward spiral the show has been lately, I could definitely see it happening. Ideally Kiritsugu and Kariya would team up against Kirei, but once again poor communication and, of course, the Berserker factor, likely won't allow that to happen.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 15:53   Link #239
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Ok just out of curiosity.

What caused the magus blood in Zoukan to thin out to the point his heirs have poor afinity for magic and so forth?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 16:01   Link #240
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Ok just out of curiosity.

What caused the magus blood in Zoukan to thin out to the point his heirs have poor afinity for magic and so forth?
i don't think it was every explain other then the Matou line has been failing. Although pure chance could revitalize it again. Touko's family line was failing and almost completely mundane until she and Aoko was born.