Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-06-23, 18:23   Link #1521
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
So it seems he couldn't even slow down the arrow that entered his magic area.
Yeah, that's also something I was wondering about. Maybe Racer's magic is like Rollo's GEASS and only affects living things, but then this makes it even harder to explain how Racer got Gerard so fast.

Let's face it, Mashima didn't do a very good job this time.

It would be much more reasonable if for instance Leon had frozen Racer into place so he couldn't move.
Old 2009-06-23, 22:52   Link #1522
sumowow

Is it possible that the arrow went so fast that he didn't have time to put up his magic?
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 00:09   Link #1523
Xhokhusmak

This issue seems like it'd be a pretty badass anime action scene. I'm gonna put the questionable story aside and say... BRING ON THE BLOOD!
Xhokhusmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 00:17   Link #1524
Kafriel
Senior Guest

No matter how overkill Gray gets, characters are tough to kill...like, although a normal explosion would have blasted them to pieces, the lacryma used was ice-based so Leon absorbed it and made an ice shell to protect poor racer too...or something.
I still like the way he fell, very dramatic and all.
Quote:
Leon said that racer's magic controls a person's perception of time, ice can't think so it can't be affected...and who knows, maybe racer was actually a slug with a cane and didn't just use motorbikes for fun.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 00:30   Link #1525
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Does it actually matter whether a good guy dies now since they seem to got hold of Wendy and her Deus Ex Mach.... eehh i mean resurrection skills
Her magic is healing, which is already a lost magic. Resurrection is a big step up from that. If she ever tries it, I expect it to risk her own life at minimum.

Quote:
I'm very disappointed with Midnight - he's a dude with total make-up plus I can bet he'll be all EMO too. I hate society...
Eh. His face has been visible ever since Hibiki's briefing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Quote:
Yeah, that's also something I was wondering about. Maybe Racer's magic is like Rollo's GEASS and only affects living things,
That's my guess too.

Quote:
but then this makes it even harder to explain how Racer got Gerard so fast.
One word: Motorcycles.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 07:34   Link #1526
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

why are you guys so surprised if someone died?
Hiro Mashima killed alot of people in Rave Master

but Leon's death was too... soon
and I'm not surprised if the announcement next week's not an anime adaption lol
I will be if it is

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 02:13   Link #1527
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Well it was going to happen sooner or later.
The anime will be co-produced by A-1 Pictures (Kannagi, Birdy Decode) and Satelight (Noein, Macross F). Scheduled broadcast is Fall 2009?
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 03:01   Link #1528
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
Well it was going to happen sooner or later.
The anime will be co-produced by A-1 Pictures (Kannagi, Birdy Decode) and Satelight (Noein, Macross F). Scheduled broadcast is Fall 2009?
Damn, you beat me to it

Finally, what we've been expecting to hear! And having A-1 Pictures and Satelight animate it is awesome news. The first did Birdy the Mighty and now Valkyria Chronicles and the second did Macross Frontier, which had awesome animation.

I hope they put their best foot forward.
Old 2009-06-27, 03:16   Link #1529
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Too soon! Well at least we have AA+ studio's handling it. One can only hope they stay faithful to the source, or at least not stray from it too far.

Anyways lets talk about VA's I'm hoping that Akemi Okamura voices Lucy, can't picture anyone else playing the role.
Old 2009-06-27, 03:32   Link #1530
AnymX

Omg... The most awesome news in a long time. I can't describe how exited I am... Of course I thinks it's a bit too soon, but it was bound to happen sooner or later, and knowing that A-1 Pictures and Satelight would be animating Fairy Tail makes things even better.

And to add things up it is scheduled to broadcast in Fall 2009...
Old 2009-06-27, 03:35   Link #1531
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Here's the scan with the announcement:
Old 2009-06-27, 03:39   Link #1532
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Too soon indeed, not even 150 chapters done...but, if things go well the anime will either divert from the manga and end (to continue much later with a season II/OVAs/remake) or make some actually good fillers until the manga develops a bit more.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 03:42   Link #1533
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hawk View Post
Too soon! Well at least we have AA+ studio's handling it. One can only hope they stay faithful to the source, or at least not stray from it too far.

Anyways lets talk about VA's I'm hoping that Akemi Okamura voices Lucy, can't picture anyone else playing the role.
Hey might as make it with the series at the height of it's popularity and quite frankly I never predicted it to be animated by an actually "good" studio so it may not be a ongoing anime like Naruto, Bleach and One Piece and may go for a certain about episodes instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Too soon indeed, not even 150 chapters done...but, if things go well the anime will either divert from the manga and end (to continue much later with a season II/OVAs/remake) or make some actually good fillers until the manga develops a bit more.
Well it's not like it's doing one chapter an episode and they'll try to stretch out most fights to increase the episode count and like I said the fillers shouldn't be THAT bad if the take advantage of the setting and the side characters in the guild Hiro constantly reminds us of in the cover pages.
Old 2009-06-27, 03:52   Link #1534
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Yeah, I also think it's a pretty good time. They already have about a yeah and a half worth of material and by the time the anime catches up they will have about a year more. I can see them making 100 episodes without having to do any fillers or stretching the action. Even fillers will be pretty appropriate for this type of story, since there are many side characters in Fairy Tail which do not get a lot of screen time in the manga.

As for VA:

Natsu: Mayumi Tanaka - can't imagine anyone else

Lucy: Fumiko Orikasa - cute and sometimes bossy, just like Lucy

Gray: Tomokazu Seki - youthful and manly at the same time

Erza: Marina Inoue - strong and kind at the same time

Gazille: Kazuya Nakai - pretty badass and manly

Loki: Hiroaki Hirata - very smooth voice for a player

Happy: Ikue Ohtani - cute and funny

Gerard: Miyano Mamoru - fit for an evil genius

Can't think of anyone else at this point...
Old 2009-06-27, 04:33   Link #1535
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:

As for VA:

Natsu: Mayumi Tanaka - can't imagine anyone else
A this is a tough one actually. On the one hand she really would be a fitting seiyū, on the other they better distinguish from OP here for the already vast range of similarities so i don't think they will/can pull this one of. I usually defend FT's originality but this would seem too forged to me.
Still i can't think of another fitting choice right now, i'll give it a few more thoughts later
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 04:56   Link #1536
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
A this is a tough one actually. On the one hand she really would be a fitting seiyū, on the other they better distinguish from OP here for the already vast range of similarities so i don't think they will/can pull this one of. I usually defend FT's originality but this would seem too forged to me.
Still i can't think of another fitting choice right now, i'll give it a few more thoughts later
Well, the similarities are there, whether they pick her or not...

Besides, certain seiyuu are fitting for certain character types. Kugumiya Rie voices loli-tsunderes, Kazuya Nakai voices samurais, Norio Wakamoto voices bombastic over-the-top villains etc.

Thus, I think Mayumi Tanaka will be the perfect choice here. Even if she uses the exact same voice for Natsu as for Luffy (which probably won't happen) it will be acceptable to me, since their personalities have some differences already. Besides, I don't hear anyone complaining about Kugumiya Rie using the same voice for Shana as for Nagi.

Anyway, since the chances of actually guessing the seiyuu is pretty slim, let's just wait and see how they go.
Old 2009-06-27, 06:06   Link #1537
ZODDGUTS

They have more then enough for 51 episode without filler. There's currently 15 volumes and by the time the anime airs in Fall I'll have another volume out. Since this is a weekly series by the time the anime reaches ep 51 after a whole year and they'll have enough material for another 26 eps without much filler because by then they would have 5 to 6 volumes of manga material, but my guess there be a few filler episodes here and there, somewhere in lines of One Piece anime had early on stretching out battle a bit longer then the manga had. Though this is assuiming this will be a long running series.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 10:56   Link #1538
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The only problem I have with this is how much the anime will cover. If they go as far as Natsu getting etherion and defeating that Gerard, then no problem... but after that, the manga seems to be not as great, and there are very few cases where the anime is better than the original source... so bad manga chapters= possibly even worse anime episodes. But up to that point, everything else is good

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 13:21   Link #1539
Slayerx

On the chapter... the explanation of Racer's magic seems almost contradictory...
I mean, if he really didn't have super speed, then Gerald's coffin must have been really close by for him to retrieve it... also, any time someone fell down, they would have perceived it as falling down at super speed because gravity would effect everyone normally (since gravity, like arrows have no perception of time)... in fact, leon and gray would probably fall flat on their faces every time they tried to run; since they are essentially running in slow motion, when they take a step its actually more like they are standing on one foot and leaning forward... the gravity would make them loose balance and fall flat...

Also, i now noticed the Leon looking at the birds last chapter but their is no indication of the meaning as we can not tell in manga form that the birds look like they are moving really fast; kinda doesn't work as giving us a hint

As for the anime... now that is awesome news
not so sure if it's too soon as i think that's pretty standard for shonens... and we don't know how long Fairy tail is gonna be... the question however is will it end up like Naruto, or like one piece... Naruto had to jump into epic long filler relatively early on, where as one piece has gone 400 episodes with only short fillers, but has started to suffer from horribly slow pacing... if Fairy tail is not as long of a shonen though and it plays out like one piece, it might end before it starts to drag

Fairy tail does have MASSIVE potential for good filler though... i mean, they have many side characters who i think deserved a lot more screentime...

Loki: he has his own short arc which is really impacts Lucy... more screen time for him would help us to sympathize a lot more with his character

Elfman and Mira: they have a great moment in the phantom arc that would have been much better if we had more time to get to know their characters

Kana: she has been portrayed as someone who is pretty badass in fairy tail but all she ever does is FAIL... fillers could really help her

Levi, Jet and Droy: that moment when they get pinned to the tree would actually be emotional if we had actually knew who they were... the manga tells us Levi is a close friend to Lucy afterward... the anime could "SHOW don't TELL" before hand

Fried: I would have liked to see him a little more early on... that flashback he had with Mira is something i would have seen in small bits in previous chapters... that way his break down feels like less of an ass pull and more of a foreshadowed thing

Cornell and Visca: only a little extra time, just to help with their place in the strongest fairy tail member battle... just enough to make them recognizable

not to mention the anime does not have the benefit of magna covers so it has to find another way to show us the powers of the other members...

though really, from what i've seen of shonens, with such great potential for good fillers, i have little faith anything good will come with it... 10 to 1 says that fillers will more than likely just focus on Natsu, Lucy, Happy, gray, and Ezra... and possibly Lluvia and Gazille later on... focus on the popular characters, instead of taking the minor characters and trying to make them popular... which is pretty much how i feel Mashima has been treating the more prominent minor characters... granted, naruto did try to involve the minor characters more; but that was probably because they only had 3 main characters to work with and they probably noticed the fan base for characters like Hinata, Shikamaru, and Neji and knew they could with that (and forced themselves to keep the teams as they were instead of cutting everyone else out)... but the writing was still horrendous and Naruto got really annoying

which brings me to the other/MAIN reason i have little faith... the writers for the anime will probably be no talent hacks who would be out of a job if they didn't get paid to adapt other people's writing
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 13:21   Link #1540
Direwolf18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel
or make some actually good fillers until the manga develops a bit more.
Read that and I just started laughing. Have we learned nothing over the years about the quality of filler? Such shows like Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Rosario Vampire, To-love-ru, etc. At best it doesnt want to make you bash your own head in with a rock.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen