AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 28 36.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 33.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 19.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.30%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-01, 02:54   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

sola - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for sola, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-06-01, 17:30   Link #2
Omniscient

Episode 09 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-01, 17:34   Link #3
Barbka

Spoiler for episode 9:
Old 2007-06-01, 17:55   Link #4
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh dear god what an ep...
Spoiler for length and spoilerific pics:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-01, 18:33   Link #5
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
oh dear god what an ep...
Spoiler for length and spoilerific pics:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-01, 19:17   Link #6
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-01, 19:52   Link #7
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I can't give this episode a 10, but I'm tempted to. I really, really liked it.
Spoiler for ep9:
And I loved the insert song by Ceui.

Perhaps you could say this show just runs variations on standard fantasy anime memes. But that's enough for me, if it's the right memes varied in the right ways.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-06-01, 20:11   Link #8
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Episode 9:

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2007-06-01 at 20:17. Reason: Forgot a few things...
Old 2007-06-01, 20:54   Link #9
hiro01

Loved the whole episode and in the end gave it a 10 although I can see how some people may not think so. But then I'm easy to please.

Spoiler for Episode 9:
Old 2007-06-01, 21:01   Link #10
Icerack

I feel sorry for Matsuri. She seems to escape death many times (from Takeshi's initial attacks, to being stabbed, to almost getting a huge paper cut and from being slashed by Takeshi again). She start in "Final Destination".

I expected more story from Takeshi's, but hopefully won't be the last appearance for Takeshi and Mayuko.
Old 2007-06-01, 21:21   Link #11
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Spoiler:

If things continue this way, perhaps, just perhaps there might be a happier ending than what I had in mind.
Old 2007-06-01, 21:52   Link #12
monir
cho~ kakkoii

In the face of potential violent repercussion from hordes and hordes of Matsuri-fans, I like to say that she deserves all the punishment that has been handed toward her so far through out the series. Well, except may be the "Usagi Punch" which shouldn't be administered on anyone no matter how cruel they are. Yes, Matsuri is cruel. She is cruel because she is kind. She is kind because she is selfish. Now why would I label her as selfish? I will try to explain myself before the Matsuri-fans decide they have heard enough blasphemy, and put me in the gallows.

I'm sure a lot of us have wondered as to why Matsuri revived a dead being, i.e. Aono. I've read some of the theoretical answers, but those didn't satisfy my nagging questions of: Why? Why?

Matsuri is the Yaka who can somehow bring people to life. We don't know for certain if she was also responsible for bringing Mayuko to life at this point. What we know for certain is that Mayuko was revived by a Yaka. Question: why does a Yaka may feel the need to revive a dead being who most definitely will go through the same set of physical limitation imposed by the surrounding environment? Now to my point why Matsuri's motivation to bring people back from the dead might be selfish.

You know how the title of this show has dual meaning? "Sola" aka "sora" means sky, but the word "sola" also means "alone" in Spanish. And who is the most loneliest of all the characters in this show? And how many of us in this planet truly wants to be alone?

The answer, I leave it to the growing angry mob of Matsuri-fans. *Flees*

Ah.. just one more observation from episode 9 before I flee:
Spoiler for episode 9:

*monir flees at oppsite direction from the growing signs of trouble.*
Old 2007-06-01, 22:11   Link #13
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

oh freakk.. i really have to control myself by not clicking those spoiler!! dang!! so mayuko is turn to yaka by matsuri ka? then why doesn't mayuko immediately recognise matsuri
Old 2007-06-01, 22:14   Link #14
Icerack

Quote:
oh freakk.. i really have to control myself by not clicking those spoiler!! dang!! so mayuko is turn to yaka by matsuri ka? then why doesn't mayuko immediately recognise matsuri
I don't recall Mayuko saying that it was Matsuri who revived her...
Old 2007-06-01, 22:28   Link #15
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Spoiler for Takeshi and Mayuko:
Old 2007-06-01, 23:46   Link #16
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir

Blah, blah...

I'm sure a lot of us have wondered as to why Matsuri revived a dead being, i.e. Aono. I've read some of the theoretical answers, but those didn't satisfy my nagging questions of: Why? Why?

Blah, blah...
Now, I agree with most of what you said, but on this point, I'd rather say, we still don't know yet. I find it hard to believe there was no other reason. Or maybe there's something hidden at the very core of the nature of the Yaka, something Takeshi (and Mayuko?) can't see, something that counters the pain from not being able to step out in the sun.

As for the episode itself, I loved it... and I'll be expecting Higurashi-mode Aono for the next episode (the sky is orange in the PV! Is it some kind of ominous sign?).

And a final thought on the kindness/cruelness, it all reminded me of yasashii hitogoroshii (Madlax fans... ).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-06-02, 00:08   Link #17
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Spoiler for Takeshi and Mayuko:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-02, 00:17   Link #18
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Matsuri is the Yaka who can somehow bring people to life. We don't know for certain if she was also responsible for bringing Mayuko to life at this point. What we know for certain is that Mayuko was revived by a Yaka. Question: why does a Yaka may feel the need to revive a dead being who most definitely will go through the same set of physical limitation imposed by the surrounding environment? Now to my point why Matsuri's motivation to bring people back from the dead might be selfish.

You know how the title of this show has dual meaning? "Sola" aka "sora" means sky, but the word "sola" also means "alone" in Spanish. And who is the most loneliest of all the characters in this show? And how many of us in this planet truly wants to be alone?
It seems interesting, though I can't help but feel as though Matsuri apparently looks guilty of what she has done. What I want to know is if that's the case, won't she simply revive every dead person she comes across, or go somewhere abundant in corpses and do some resurrection magic of her own? Or perhaps it's selective, that she would revive those who lived a miserable life being hunted down or being guilty of something? I can't help but think Yorito might have something to do with this.

Ahh...the theories...

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 9:
Not even sure if anything like that was mentioned, but people tend to go for the 'root' of misfortunes piled upon them and pull them out forcefully.
Old 2007-06-02, 00:44   Link #19
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

The following is based on a RAW.

Preliminary Thoughts on Ep09:
---- ----
  • We got not one, but two climatic battles in this episode. Between the two, the one between Takeshi and Matsuri was much more intense (especially since Matsuri fights back), and the animation quality for that one was noticeably a notch higher than usual.
  • When Takeshi screams, I can empathise with him. When Yorito screams, I want to kick him in the face... Whoever the VA of Yorito is, please... take lessons from Takeshi's VA. The pathos from Takeshi's VA's voice-acting is very palatable, and raises my enjoyment of this episode that much higher.
  • Awww... at the story behind Mayuko and Takeshi. Look on the bright side, Takeshi. You got an eternal Loli for a lover.
  • On a side-note, Takeshi deserves to be called GAR.
  • Hmm... WHICH Yaka created Mayuko? It would be interesting if it was Aono. I would love it if it was Aono.
  • Aono scores points in this episode for showing restraint in not only refraining from killing Matsuri, but from not forcing her way with Mana. Mana's damn lucky, I tell you. She has the impregnable Koyori-shield to tie Aono's hands with.
  • Use Koyori to talk to Aono already, Mana! If Aono's vision and Mayuko are anything to go by, it is the Lolis that hold all the life-changing speeches in this series. Koyori will probably just need to spout a few heart-rending lines and Aono will instantly fold, I tell you. INSTANTLY.
  • I wonder if the sky in the preview is not just reflecting the mood of the series, but reflecting the timeline as well? Meaning, we will get a night-time sky soon in the preview, before the DAWN in the last preview.
Cheers.
Old 2007-06-02, 00:50   Link #20
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
You know... One thing I question is where are all the parents? And wasn't Mana's little sister sick and stuck at the hospital? Kind of weird how she's free to roam about just because Aono got out...
Closed Thread