AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-14, 14:51   Link #661
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
In the anime she has always been a girl!
Doesn't matter. The point stands.
Old 2012-08-14, 14:52   Link #662
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Akane is a HUGE siscon. We knew that since S1E1, so why are people acting so surprised, or even shocked that she behaves the way she does in this episode?
Well I believe people can be forgetful sometime. Expecially if the said character was never seen nor heard again since first episode of s1. I've known someone who enjoys watching a series but never bother to remember character names/roles and most of the time it's up to me to keep reminding him. This usually happens whenever there is a series with large number of casts and a certain character was never appear for serveral episodes.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 14:54   Link #663
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Akane is a HUGE siscon. We knew that since S1E1, so why are people acting so surprised, or even shocked that she behaves the way she does in this episode?
Because being a "siscon" doesn't automatically mean having a dakimakura of your sister and putting her panties on your head. Akane is quite extreme. That is of course the reason me and others love her so much, but I can see why it would disturb some people. You just need to ask yourself how you would feel if she was male.
Old 2012-08-14, 15:14   Link #664
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Well I believe people can be forgetful sometime. Expecially if the said character was never seen nor heard again since first episode of s1. I've known someone who enjoys watching a series but never bother to remember character names/roles and most of the time it's up to me to keep reminding him. This usually happens whenever there is a series with large number of casts and a certain character was never appear for serveral episodes.
This is true in the season knowing that it was a name but two times (episode 1 and 7) then unless the person looks Loop Season 1 if she did not remember it not her

Quote:
Doesn't matter. The point stands.
I know.

Quote:
Because being a "siscon" doesn't automatically mean having a dakimakura of your sister and putting her panties on your head. Akane is quite extreme. That is of course the reason me and others love her so much, but I can see why it would disturb some people. You just need to ask yourself how you would feel if she was male.

This is a siscon have is when loves his sister but yes with the Akane is in the extreme with the pillow, ect but this is extreme but not exceeding the limit limit (Make the "thing")
Old 2012-08-14, 15:54   Link #665
tezu

Quote:
One word: repression

Quote:
This is a siscon have is when loves his sister but yes with the Akane is in the extreme with the pillow, ect but this is extreme but not exceeding the limit limit (Make the "thing")
Heh, I guess stealing people's panties is not a form of harrassment then, since it involves no physical contact with the owner. How reassuring for all the panty-sniffers and peepers and whatsoever out there.

We know that Akane won't go any further since this is published in Yuri Hime. But the implications are there (if Akane were a guy, or real, or in a different series you surely wouldn't consider this moe or pure or whatever) and danger will always be looming like a shadow over Akari's head. Anyway, that's enough commenting from me for a week, I'm probably getting a bit carried away here and am spoiling the fun for others. It's not like Akane's the main focus of the series anyway, so I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the show
Old 2012-08-14, 16:05   Link #666
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezu View Post
Heh, I guess stealing people's panties is not a form of harrassment then, since it involves no physical contact with the owner. How reassuring for all the panty-sniffers and peepers and whatsoever out there.

We know that Akane won't go any further since this is published in Yuri Hime. But the implications are there (if Akane were a guy, or real, or in a different series you surely wouldn't consider this moe or pure or whatever) and danger will always be looming like a shadow over Akari's head. Anyway, that's enough commenting from me for a week, I'm probably getting a bit carried away here and am spoiling the fun for others. It's not like Akane's the main focus of the series anyway, so I'm just going to enjoy the rest of the show
I'm not saying it is "good" what it does (steal cullotes, have a pillow with a picture of Akari ect) but from the moment that it does nothing on Akari ... It is clear that to steal cullotes is a form of harassment ...
Old 2012-08-14, 17:54   Link #667
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Pish-tosh. Akane engages in harmless fantasy. Who among us hasn't had a cake and tea party with a pillow that we put a frilly little dress on, and read eroitic stories to?

...What?

Okay, okay, she's barking mad.

Seriously though, specific circumstances aside, anyone who saw this move:

Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
and didn't immediately think "that looks familiar..." has never lived with people who work flex-hours.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 18:53   Link #668
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
This is comedy. Those of you who get creeped out of Akane take it too seriously.
You don't get it. I'm very ambivalent about her character. One part of me giggles incoherently whenever she's onscreen, but another part of me is horrified that the show would actually play something like this for laughs. I mean, I get that she's a siscon, but the lengths that she goes to are just plain disturbing.

She's still my favorite character though.
Old 2012-08-14, 22:04   Link #669
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well seeing all the sisters to the main characters
Kaede the cutest
Chitose the weirdest
Tomoko some what normal
Akane the creepiest a pillow of you sister and wearing her panties on you head
Old 2012-08-14, 22:06   Link #670
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
I actually could have puked if Akane was a boy siscon. This het incest disgusts me. But because she's a girl, I'm ok with it.
An older brother, I'd agree -- totally creepy. But a ten year old wearing his sister's panties for a hat -- hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezu View Post
Let me tell you about a wonderful upcoming anime...
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 22:44   Link #671
FateAnomaly

I am alright if it is just the dakimakura but the panties is a bit too much.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 22:49   Link #672
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

This topic is so fascinating to me, honest. When the infamous Nisemonogatari incest scene came about, people flocked to the appropriate thread to marvel at its "sheer genius".

Then we've got a 2 minute gag where the furthest Akane gets is dressing up a pillow and wearing a pair of undies on her head and everyone's actually afraid.

I'm not criticizing anyone, I'm legitimately fascinated by how this all works.
Old 2012-08-14, 22:54   Link #673
Midonin
Last Engage

The social nature of fandom can be nearly as fun to watch play out as the actual shows.

As for my thoughts on the Akane scenario, I think that, if Akari ever found out, she might actually appreciate it. (She wants all the attention she can get, after all.) But Akane is clearly hiding it because of the way society works, and Akari doesn't suspect a thing. Recall what she said about the water slide a week or two ago. Even if Akane did express it more openly, she would never do anything to actually harm Akari.

Those two are probably better off than Sakurako and her sisters, at least.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 22:58   Link #674
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The social nature of fandom can be nearly as fun to watch play out as the actual shows.

As for my thoughts on the Akane scenario, I think that, if Akari ever found out, she might actually appreciate it. (She wants all the attention she can get, after all.) But Akane is clearly hiding it because of the way society works, and Akari doesn't suspect a thing. Recall what she said about the water slide a week or two ago. Even if Akane did express it more openly, she would never do anything to actually harm Akari.

Those two are probably better off than Sakurako and her sisters, at least.
It's just my opinion, and I offer no opposition against any views here, but there's seriously nothing to be concerned about here. What bothered me about the Nisemonogatari scene was that it was heavily implied that they were serious about it. With this, it's just a big gag, a characteristic by nature.

Like I said, it's just my view on it. I just wasn't expecting any posts of this caliber, so it's interesting to me.
Old 2012-08-14, 23:00   Link #675
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Because being a "siscon" doesn't automatically mean having a dakimakura of your sister and putting her panties on your head.
Just for the record, and not trying to take a side in this, but we also knew that she had that, and presumably did that, since the first episode of the first season as well. We saw the dakimakura, and a pair of panties that was specifically identified as Akari's.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 23:18   Link #676
Qilin
Romanticist

If you ask me, it's not so much that anyone was surprised in particular. It's more that it was just different to actually see it in action than just the blatant hints we've had before this. In my case, the scene here was every bit unsettling as that scene during episode 1 of the first season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
This topic is so fascinating to me, honest. When the infamous Nisemonogatari incest scene came about, people flocked to the appropriate thread to marvel at its "sheer genius".

Then we've got a 2 minute gag where the furthest Akane gets is dressing up a pillow and wearing a pair of undies on her head and everyone's actually afraid.

Dunno. Maybe because both parties were fully aware of what the other was up to in that particular incident?

This case on the hand... is different.
Old 2012-08-14, 23:18   Link #677
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Wasn't really too fond of the sisters this episode (except when all those pictures of Kyouko are plastered on the wall-- and that really helps summarizes this show) , but Super Saiyan Akarin is lulz.

2nd half was a lot better. And poor anime girls driven to anorexia due to those damned oversized boobs. >.> But hey, Sakurako loves and hates Himawari for what she is, which is kinda sweet and funny.

And then we end with poor Akarin, lol @ the panties joke. I'm sure Akari wants to be cared about and fangirl'd about, but this is by the wrong person.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 23:31   Link #678
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Dunno. Maybe because both parties were fully aware of what the other was up to in that particular incident?

This case on the hand... is different.
You've definitely got a point here. I just wrote what I did because I hope nobody's turned away because of that.
Old 2012-08-14, 23:35   Link #679
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

everything in this anime is to take the fun and humor, and knowing that Akane is the same thing and yes Tomoko must be the only girl Yuri "normal" in this anime (for now)
Old 2012-08-15, 01:09   Link #680
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post

Meaning, more people are ok with a boy siscon over a girl siscon which just baffles me. Such bias.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, ecchi, school life, seinen, shoujo-ai, yuri