AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-19, 20:33   Link #3181
Miraluka
Banned

To me those 2 aren't that different and what is to come will be about that sea god, Hikari and Manaka.

And Kaname... Okada hates the guy and wants him suffering he can't take a boat with the chuuni that Kyoani makes suffer.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 21:16   Link #3182
deadite

I could very well see Hikari final step in maturation as merging with the sea god's scales and consciousness to prevent further tragedy. It would be a sacrifice though, so he wouldn't be the same person and basically becomes one with the Sea. Manaka of course would love Hikari and would hibernate again to stay with him.

I really doubt we'll see the show end before we see a 14 year old Akira who is foreshadowed to be Hikari 2.0 and a child of one of the characters(TsuxChii) to have the token A"doli" to show how while some things change, some don't.

It's interesting to see the Water and Earth dynamism of this show. Water is unpredictable and ever flowing much like the people who come from there. Earth is stable has substance also reflected by Tsumugu. The brown color motifs of the surface characters and the blue motif of the water characters. Miuna stands in a sort of mix of both.

Last edited by deadite; 2014-03-19 at 21:28.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 23:04   Link #3183
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I really like this theory, but wouldn't that make Miuna a useless character?
Must...resist...sarcasm...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 03:30   Link #3184
deadite

For lack of a better word, I think Miuna became a temp backup flash drive for Manaka's emotions. Her ability to love latched on the closest person who had similar feelings.. Red Umbrella anyone?
Old 2014-03-20, 05:59   Link #3185
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
For lack of a better word, I think Miuna became a temp backup flash drive for Manaka's emotions. Her ability to love latched on the closest person who had similar feelings.. Red Umbrella anyone?
Actually could make sense. In a way.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 08:26   Link #3186
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Spoiler for episode 24:
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 08:29   Link #3187
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 24:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 08:31   Link #3188
justpassingby

Enjoying Nico nama more than the episode.

Old 2014-03-20, 09:27   Link #3189
kido22

Chisaki is in love with Tsumugu. you can tell from the images of the past, but she does not realize, in the last 2 episodes something will happen that will make all understand.
kido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 10:33   Link #3190
sikvod00

Congratulations, Kaname! Your consolation prize is... Sayu. I guess that's better than being forever alone, right? I'm glad he is not an appealing character to me, otherwise I would really feel bad for him (hint: I don't care about Sayu) I would definitely move out of that house now. But in the end, Chisaki will definitely tag along with Tsumugu and it won't even matter. Dammit Tsumugu, must you be so perceptive and have an answer for everything? I'm glad there's only two episodes left to wrap this shit up, because 2-cours of melodrama like this starts to wear on a person.

Last edited by sikvod00; 2014-03-20 at 10:46.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 10:47   Link #3191
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by kido22 View Post
Chisaki is in love with Tsumugu. you can tell from the images of the past, but she does not realize, in the last 2 episodes something will happen that will make all understand.
Agreed. It only took her 5 years to realize it. I'm glad Kaname isn't forever alone anymore. There is a person for everyone on this show.

Doing the Ofunekhi again brings back memories building up into episode 12 when they performed it the first time. It's nice that they brought the original cast back together to do it one final time.
Old 2014-03-20, 10:52   Link #3192
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

"We're doing the Ofunehiki again!"

*3 minutes later*

"We're almost finished with preparations"

Me: Well that was quick.

They're surprisingly nonchalant about doing it again considering how the last one went.

Otherwise that was a decent episode. Things appear to be moving towards a finale and lots of shouting and crying but that was okay too.

Didn't expect Akira to become a part of this convoluted unrequited love scenario but I guess they needed the input to match the output. XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 10:55   Link #3193
sikvod00

^ It's 2 episodes remaining, man. Ain't nobody got time for that!

You change your avatar alot.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:00   Link #3194
Zangor17

i actually didn't think of them using the pendant made from the sea slug stone like that. Darnit Tsumugu your too clever and now neither Manaka or Miuna have to become a sacrifice.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:02   Link #3195
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

I don't like this only-physically-grown-up Chisaki more and more. Someone seriously need to snap her out of it and tell her enough is enough. She keeps making excuses like it's because Hikari this, Manaka that, when in all reality it's just her own insecurities (a lots of it) talking.

While I do think I'm being really unfair to Chisaki, I just found that she's the only one in the story who's so weird (to borrow Kaname's word) about her own feelings. Miuna is quite a bit similar on that matter, but she has a strong resolve for hiding it rather than excessively rejecting her feelings like Chisaki does all the time (not counting pre-time skip, though). Chisaki even went as far as to fool herself that she's still in love with Hikari to avoid whatever misguided guilt it is she has for being on the surface and falling in love with someone else.

Sayu is also not helping to raise my opinion of the current Chisaki. She was, to me, just Miuna's best friend until these past few episodes. She's turning out to be the type of girl I admire. She knows her feelings, she's willing to fight for what she wants, but she's also prepared to accept the outcome, whether it's in her favor or not.

But, again, all this is just my very judgmental opinion, (especially where Chisaki is concerned). I really, really, really like Tsumugu. And now, frankly, Kaname, as well. I just think they deserve someone better than Chisaki (or who she is right now). After this episode, I don't have to worry about Kaname anymore. So that leaves my favorite character: Tsumugu. (Though I'm almost 100% certain he'll end up with Chisaki anyway.)

P.S. It's strange, you know. This is the first time that I've changed my mind about shipping a pair. I was all about Tsumugu x Chisaki up until about three or four episodes ago. And now the idea sort of annoys me.

Last edited by Lugia_Tsuyu; 2014-03-20 at 11:19.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:05   Link #3196
Key Board
Carbon

I think It's actually more messed up than that, Lugia

anyway

Episode 24

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:08   Link #3197
Utsuro no Hako

I think the ending is now obvious -- the pendant won't work and someone else will have to take the place of the Ojoshi-sama. Chisaki will volunteer, but Kaname will stop her and do it himself. The last shot of the show will be him at the bottom of the sea, forever crossdressing.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:09   Link #3198
tezu

The way I see it, Chisaki is going to pull some stupid stunt and offer herself as the new Ojoshi-sama. After all, she does think she's better off without her feelings for Tsumugu and she'll sacrifice herself to retrieve Manaka's feelings. It's similar to what she did in the first cour: Back then, she also decided to sacrifice her feelings just to maintain the status quo. Tsumugu called her out back then, but it seems like his words don't reach her anymore. Chisaki's become even more stubborn than before, it seems.

Grandpa said that the original Ojoshi-sama's boyfriend drowned when he dived into the water to look for the Ojoshi-sama. I could picture Tsumugu doing something similar, but instead of drowning, his newly-gained ena might help him with his quest. Or he loses his ena, and drowns.
Old 2014-03-20, 11:17   Link #3199
Raine721

Oh Chisaki...I used to like you more...Why?? Why won't you just grow up!! Sayu is more of a grown up than you! To think that you even think about sacrificing yourself...!!! That being said, kinda understanding from what happened to her and the 5 year thing did damaged her way of thinking. I hope that there will be no sacrifices >.>
Raine721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 11:18   Link #3200
deadite

All that parallelism. Manaka pushing Hikari away and Chisaki pushing Tsumugu away. I'll tell you after the Ofunehiki! MOTHER.....

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen