AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-27, 12:49   Link #3421
kresslia
I dunno what to write.

Chances of Hikari/Manaka naming their kid Miuna if there is a timeskip?
kresslia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 12:50   Link #3422
tezu

Remember when everyone guessed there would be a timeskip but then saw the preview after episode 13 with doli Miuna in it and went "no, there won't be a timeskip, at least not a huge one"?
This time the preview shows something that implies a huge timeskip. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a red herring, too (like, a flashback from Uroko-sama or something).
Or maybe I'm just grasping at straws here I simply cannot imagine what good Miuna's sacrifice will do for the sea god and herself.
Old 2014-03-27, 13:20   Link #3423
sikvod00

The Sea God is a whiny douchebag that wants everyone to be as miserable as him.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 13:29   Link #3424
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Wow, 27 viewers on this thread... (At the time I'm typing this, anyway.)

To the topic at hand, I only saw bits and pieces of Nagi-Asu when it first aired, but I kept telling myself I would come around to watch it. Over the past two days, I've marathoned it, so I'm all caught up now. There's been SO much discussion already about a million things with this show and it's characters... I'll just get straight to the latest episode, instead.

I... almost don't know what to say. It seems very likely that there will be another timeskip, but... I don't know. I hope Manaka's ability to love comes back. I want to at least see her and Hikari finally come together. I think I'm just really annoyed and tired of Miuna's struggle with her unrequited love at this point. More annoyed than I was with Chisaki's struggle (pre-timeskip).

If anything, the ONLY thing I'm going to be overly sad about is her parents' reaction. Akari's been through enough heartache as it is. Geez...
Old 2014-03-27, 13:37   Link #3425
hai_san

God damn so Miuna will be the next sacrifice, no happy end for her...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 14:00   Link #3426
Utsuro no Hako

Somebody needs to do a re-edit of this episode so that after Kaname falls into the sea, he flashes back on how nobody tried to save him during the previous Ofunehike, and then decides to go back to Sayu.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 14:05   Link #3427
mirahh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresslia View Post
This again. How can anyone even doubt Hikari/Manaka at this point
I don't understand it, either. After being in love with her for 25 episodes, are people seriously going to think that Hikari will suddenly stop loving Manaka now? Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the next timeskip is going to show a pregnant Manaka. I believe one of her quotes in the preview were something among the lines of '"Miuna" means beautiful sea" - maybe her and Hikari decided to name their future child after her?
mirahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 14:14   Link #3428
ellessarr
Banned

let me see if i get the things right

- another failed ofunehiko, who was obvious gonna happen ok

- next time could be good "dont bring girls" only males goes maybe this can prevent the douchbag sea god to do something.

- manaka "obvious love over hikari" finally canon and confirmed(i see this on episde 4 or 5)

- miuna being the new sacrifice this time, then we get again the same problem from the beginner: first time was hikari/manaka/chisaki, now hikari/manaka/miuna, this anime really love keep repeting the things

- c'mon why anyone not already killed hikari, he really a bag of missfortune for any girl, just look what happened to all the girls who loved him:
- manaka ended sacrified and come back without "love feelings"
- Chisaki get sepparated from her friends and ended with a age gag from them feeling a few alone
- muina become the new sacrifice in place of manaka
if was myself i could throwed hikari as a sacrifice, maybe this can finally end all of that things get riddle of the "root" of all troubles( ok this is a joke i dont hate him but is hard dont see all the things not being his "fault").

well after see some coments, i know who a lot of peoples like muina but let's be fair, what could happen if her not turn in the sacrifice, manaka recover her feelings and confess to hikari who obvious gonna accept it a first sight then we gonna be left miuna as a completly broke third well without any hope and desesperate trying to overcome her love, can be more suffering watch this than her turning in the sacrifice.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 14:35   Link #3429
Meltyred

This episode proves that Kaname is a man of his word, he was looking at Sayu so he could save her from nearly falling off the boat.
Meanwhile Chisaki still holding on to her guilt.
And same crap happens again, guess nobody actually cared to think of a backup plan.

At least Uroko has a nice seat and view this time.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 15:08   Link #3430
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That's one of the main problems with this series. Everything happens 4-8 weeks after the viewer figures out it'll happen, but then tries to play it up as this dramatic and unexpected twist.
That's true, the story has been very predictable and it's a bit damaging. It would have been better if they hadn't telegraphed every twists (that really aren't twists anymore as a result). I'd rather have that than twists that come out of nowhere though, at least the story makes sense this way and there are no major inconsistencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezu View Post
Remember when everyone guessed there would be a timeskip but then saw the preview after episode 13 with doli Miuna in it and went "no, there won't be a timeskip, at least not a huge one"?
This time the preview shows something that implies a huge timeskip. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a red herring, too (like, a flashback from Uroko-sama or something).
Or maybe I'm just grasping at straws here I simply cannot imagine what good Miuna's sacrifice will do for the sea god and herself.
I really really hope you're right and that they're trying to mislead us with that preview. The girl could be Ojoshi instead of Miuna.

I'm dying to see the next episode. I haven't anticipated the final of a series so much in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
This episode proves that Kaname is a man of his word, he was looking at Sayu so he could save her from nearly falling off the boat.
Kaname is a really cool guy. It's a shame he never had a big role in this show.

Last edited by Kanon; 2014-03-27 at 15:20.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 16:06   Link #3431
Kakurin
大佐

Damn, that's just sad to look at. Don't want to be in Hikari's shoes who has to explain this to Itaru and Akari...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-03-27, 16:28   Link #3432
Birdway
Banned

So Tsumugu acted on his own convenience the whole time
only making his moves when Chisaki was in danger of getting away for him(not helping at all) and his confidence came thanks to Manaka's spoiler.

Seems legit.

Last edited by Birdway; 2014-03-27 at 16:43.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 16:35   Link #3433
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

The only positive thing I see is that Miuna will live to see shioshishio before the first ofuneki.
Old 2014-03-27, 16:45   Link #3434
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
So Tsumugu acted on his own convenience the whole time
If that was the case I think he would have revealed what he knew from the start.

Quote:
only making his moves when Chisaki was in getting of getting away for him and his confidence came thanks to Manaka's spoiler.
That "spoiler" has nothing to do with Chisaki's feelings though. He came to understand that she loves him on his own. Well, and Kaname confirmed it afterwards.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-03-27 at 17:33.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 17:08   Link #3435
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That "spoiler" has nothing to do with Chisaki's feelings though. He came to understand the she loves him on his own. Well, and Kaname confirmed it afterwards.
Ssh, don't use common sense with them. They are still sore Chisaki's been into Tsumugu since before the timeskip.

Just watched the episode, a little uneventful and the animation/art could have been better but somehow predictable. The ritual seems to work this time, because the preview world isn't longer frozen, so it's good. I'm thinking Miuna's going to hibernate for a while but the wooden sacrifice will take her place in the end, she's floating like a set up in the ending. When Miuna awakes, so would everyone in Shioshishio.

The only thing I dislike is how... useless Sayu, Kaname, Chisaki and even, to a lesser extend, Hikari seemed to be. I understand not everyone has a hand on the plot, but come on.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 17:16   Link #3436
Birdway
Banned

^Chisaki is too wishy washy to be worth the try tough lol.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 17:44   Link #3437
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Damn, that's just sad to look at. Don't want to be in Hikari's shoes who has to explain this to Itaru and Akari...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
"Well, you see... She took Manaka's place just as Manaka had taken Akari's 5 years ago? Haha..haha...*breakdown*" ?

Not surprised in the slightest that Miuna became the newest sacrifice. The preview, on the other hand, hints at an interesting series finale.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 18:12   Link #3438
kuromitsu

If I never see/hear these again it'll be too soon:
-cute anime girls crying cutely
-cute anime girls literally running away from their ~feelings~
-cute anime girls torturing themselves over their ~romantic feelings~ and crying big fat sparkly tears
-the word "suki", seriously it's like the more they say it the less meaning it has.

Also, magic is so very convenient, and "spoilers" and "plot twists" aren't really effective when they've been telegraphed so loudly and clearly, with the end game couples clearly defined.

Ideas for further developments:
-Hikari now feels guilty over what happened to Miuna, so he can't find it in himself to get together with Manaka, and they spend the rest of their lives miserable (because clearly the person you fall in love with when you're 10 is the only love for you, ever). I could actually see this happen if it wasn't for the fact that Hikari isn't a cute girl so there's not much in making him cry cutely with big fat sparkly tears.

-Time skip, many years into the future. Hikari and Manaka now have a 14 year old boy named Hikaru who looks just like Hikari. Suddenly Miuna comes back, angsts for half a season, then falls in love with Hikaru, and nobody seems to care that it's a bit creepy.

-They hold yet another ofunehiki. Sayu, after witnessing a conversation between Kaname and Chisaki, throws herself into the sea, the Sea God takes her into his harem. Kaname jumps after her, gets eaten by a shark. Chisaki feels horrible because "if only I loved him he wouldn't have jumped after Sayu-chan. I don't deserve to be happy." Somewhere along the line Sayu develops ena and comes back. She angsts.

-Tsumugu finally decides it's time to move on and find someone with less issues... like Manaka. "You know, Mukaido, I loved you from the moment we first met. But you only had eyes for Hikari, and then you disappeared, so I tried to move on. But now I can't lie to myself anymore. To me you're the steady lull of the waves, the scattered rays of sunlight just under the surface, the comforting dark blue depths of the ocean. I know it's unfair to Chisaki... but I love you, only you." Manaka remembers her first-half obsession with him and runs away, in tears. Hikari of course overhears this and starts angsting. Love triangle ON. Everyone says "suki" a lot.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 18:15   Link #3439
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
On a positive note, I felt this was a good episode for Chisaki. She's finally starting to truly move on, and I think the episode did a good job of clarifying how a lot of this really does come down to survivor's guilt. And this time, I could kind of understand. it. Chisaki's guilt, over being the only one of "the original four" spared hibernation, came through very strongly and compellingly here. I now kind of get where she's been coming from all along here.

Now, on the broader plot... I'm pretty disappointment that Ofunehiki 2.0 played out so very similarly to Ofunehiki 1.0. I was hoping for something a bit more creative and interesting than that.

I did like Kaname rushing to protect Sayu. That was a nice bit.
Old 2014-03-27, 18:45   Link #3440
mweloo

To be fair, they had the sense to not use a human sacrifice this time- they went along with the wooden doll, remember? And it's been implied that people have using wooden dolls for the Ofunehiki for years without anything happening. But from their perspective, there was little else they could have done... in terms of safety precautions or in terms of solving Manaka's problem and delaying the apocalypse. They could have not involved the girls at all... but then the Sea God would have been furious that they weren't doing the ceremony properly, and were disrespecting him. And they didn’t them seem to have any festivals or anything that involved the Land-dwellers appealing to the Sea God- because it wasn’t just for Manaka, but for the long-term fate of the surface as well. It was either they do that or they do nothing at all, and face the imminent apocalypse and have Manaka live, robbed of the ability to love. And the fact that Uroko seemed more sincere in his offer to participate this time around (I always detected a tone of underlying mockery in the first half) probably bolstered their confidence a bit. He is a scale of the Sea God, after all.
A lose-lose situation, really, which makes it even more tragic.
mweloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen