AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 15 17.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 37.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 24.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.15%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.30%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-19, 02:25   Link #181
dragon1412

before anyone complains, i give this ep 1 point because my mouse jumped on me
Old 2015-01-19, 02:54   Link #182
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
heh maybe one day Slaine will learn the number one rule about defeating enemies. DOUBLE TAP
You might recall that he triple tapped Trillham in ep3. So, it's not "learn" for him, but "remember".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I didn't mean to imply he would fly it instead of his arguably better kataphrakt. He must have trusted subordinates who can fly them as well
At the point when he retrieved the Tharsis, any of his subordinates who could fly a Kat probably already was.
Old 2015-01-19, 03:11   Link #183
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I didn't mean to imply he would fly it instead of his arguably better kataphrakt. He must have trusted subordinates who can fly them as well (seems like it since they've got people flying these generic styled ones now) that he could activate it for and then turn over too. Obviously that wouldn't work for the plot though
It seems like only knights get to fly unique, named kataphrackts (probably another class/nobility thing of their culture), and since Saazbaum didn't have any knights under him until Slaine, he had no one to give it too. Remember that those special kataphrackts are incredibly powerful and no knight would want an underling flying it unless they were connected to him by a pledge of loyalty. Even under Saazbaum, the traces of Vers' feudal system still run strong.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-19, 12:00   Link #184
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
It seems like only knights get to fly unique, named kataphrackts (probably another class/nobility thing of their culture), and since Saazbaum didn't have any knights under him until Slaine, he had no one to give it too. Remember that those special kataphrackts are incredibly powerful and no knight would want an underling flying it unless they were connected to him by a pledge of loyalty. Even under Saazbaum, the traces of Vers' feudal system still run strong.
no actually trillram and Nikoleras is under him
Old 2015-01-19, 13:22   Link #185
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
no actually trillram and Nikoleras is under him
Orlane, too, was probably his sub-knight.

Unfortunately, Trillram and Orlane were both super dead by the time he got the Tharsis, so it's a moot point, really.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2015-01-19, 14:51   Link #186
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I just realized something, the lil sis princess said that she will take everything away from Asseylum. If she learned about the relationship between Inaho and Asseylum, will she steal Inaho as well? XD

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2015-01-19 at 15:09.
Old 2015-01-19, 16:54   Link #187
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I just realized something, the lil sis princess said that she will take everything away from Asseylum. If she learned about the relationship between Inaho and Asseylum, will she steal Inaho as well? XD
Doubt she will know unless both she and the princess make it through the end of the series alive, and there is no way she could succeed even if she did know.
Old 2015-01-19, 18:34   Link #188
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

It's a bit interesting the number of times common foot soldiers (so to speak) appear to have zero issues with Slayne's terran..ism? while nobles generally appear to have very bigoted views of Terrans. Not that I think it has any importance to whatever story they're trying to tell, but...interesting, especially when the good Count seems to hold the whole fallacy of Vers society's portrayal of Earth and Terrans as one of the foundations for what's so wrong with the ruling monarchy.

I know, plot device, armor, etc, and all, but it still makes zero sense how the Vers haven't just taken a Aldnoah powered Kataphract and destroyed the Earth base in orbit, especially as they apparently keep passing each other, and this doesn't appear to be a case of it simply being hidden. I know. I know. This is more shounen-if very polished-than not.

I also know we're throwing realism out the window in this anime, regardless of Inaho's very shounen explanations for how he supermans everything, but I'm glad he's using bullets rather than some fancy beam weapon. At the end of the day, mass and physics makes solid projectiles the best weapon in space, way more so than some fancy lights. Though, we'll ignore the issues of Newton's Third Law and the firing of something like his rifle in space (or the maneuverability, for that matter).

Kind of curious where Inaho's sister is. Hard to imagine her overprotective self leaving him. I'm sure the whole gang will be re-united in another episode or two, seeing as this upcoming mission is supposed to be massive in scope.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2015-01-19 at 18:44.
Old 2015-01-19, 19:01   Link #189
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
It's a bit interesting the number of times common foot soldiers (so to speak) appear to have zero issues with Slayne's terran..ism? while nobles generally appear to have very bigoted views of Terrans. Not that I think it has any importance to whatever story they're trying to tell, but...interesting, especially when the good Count seems to hold the whole fallacy of Vers society's portrayal of Earth and Terrans as one of the foundations for what's so wrong with the ruling monarchy.
If I recall correctly Slaine is a Knight now, and therefore a (minor) noble himself. So the footsloggers can't say diddly (at least not to his face). And since it appears that Slaine has become Saazbaum's right-hand man most of the nobility probably keep their comments to themselves as well. That's my take on this, anyway.
Old 2015-01-19, 19:06   Link #190
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I think if she learns of Asseylum's friendship with Inaho and has the oppertunity, she would try simply because of the jealousy factor and the fact that she wants to prove that she is better than her sister in some way. However, it would never work with Inaho anyway, no more than I think it would work with Slaine. Both are friends with Asseylum for herself, not for her title or position or even out of sense of simply liking her personality. I think Lemrina is mistaken if she thinks she can "take" Asseylum's relationships through machinations, and I think it will lead her ultimate downfall.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-20, 04:10   Link #191
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I don't understand Slaine's logic or motivations at all. Why did he choose to help Saazbaum when he had shot Princess Asseylum? And furthermore, why is Saazbaum no longer trying to kill the Princess?
Old 2015-01-20, 05:18   Link #192
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
I don't understand Slaine's logic or motivations at all. Why did he choose to help Saazbaum when he had shot Princess Asseylum? And furthermore, why is Saazbaum no longer trying to kill the Princess?
It's something like this.

Slaine will work together with Saaz when Saaz will rescue the Princess. Saaz will not kill the princess as long Slaine is working for him.
Old 2015-01-20, 07:06   Link #193
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

Quote:
I don't understand Slaine's logic or motivations at all.
Don't worry,nobody does.
Old 2015-01-20, 07:10   Link #194
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I mean... One motivation could be that Slaine wants to work with Saazbaum to inevitably dethrone the hierarchy in Mars? While trying to make sure Saaz doesn't go gung-ho and kill the princess.
Old 2015-01-20, 07:41   Link #195
Marina2

Eddelrittuo, one of the person who is closet to Asseylum, seems to agree with Slaine’s method and gladly tell him everything she knows about the Earth-side. Good for you,Slaine. At least there is someone to help you apologize to Asseylum when she wakes up. (I think this ep. shows that Slaine is awared that what he is doing won’t please Asseylum.)

Quote:
It is the best option from his position. Think about it. In the last ep. of the first season;

Q: Asseylum princess life is in danger condition. What should he do?

A: Bring her to Earth side to ask for help?

- Bad idea. He can't go to earth side and he probably don't think the Earth-side will have technology to save her.

B: Escape to somewhere with her?
- He has no way to help her

C: Left her body there?
- NO WAY.

D: Go back to the MAR side to use their technology to save princess.
- Sound like the best idea to save princess' life for him. Working for Saazbaum won't hurt as long as he can save Asseylum. And he NEED to follow Saazbaum order as a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Doubt she will know unless both she and the princess make it through the end of the series alive, and there is no way she could succeed even if she did know.
There are many ways for her to know. Asking from Slaine or Eddelrittuo are some of options.

While there is no way she could succeed in steeling him, the problem will start when she tries to do it. Maybe the story will change the course when that happens. Oh, she can also try to kill him (not directly- maybe she will order someone to "kill that orange mecha") to make Asseylum sad.

AND if she try to use her power as princess to plan to kill Asseylum in the future, Inaho and Slaine will have common goal to fight for – save the princess. Maybe that is what we should interpret from last scene in the opening.

Last edited by Marina2; 2015-01-20 at 08:04.
Old 2015-01-20, 08:20   Link #196
Raziel1991

Or he could have not saved the very same guy who told him right in front of his face that he was behind the assassination attempt.
Old 2015-01-20, 08:34   Link #197
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel1991 View Post
Or he could have not saved the very same guy who told him right in front of his face that he was behind the assassination attempt.
Saazbaum's life is needed because he was the only one person that Slaine can ask for help at that moment.

And they already make a deal. If Saazbaum still want to kill Asseylum , he would already done it in the past 19 months. With power in his hand, he could just order his soilder to kill Slaine and Asseylum when they were unaware on his ship. (Well, maybe he still wait for the really good chance......?)

EDIT: Nah, that was in the past. Right now, it is for the princess.
V
V
Old 2015-01-20, 08:36   Link #198
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
And he NEED to follow Saazbaum order as a deal.
Slaine was gladly helping Saaz even before he shot Asseylum...
Old 2015-01-20, 08:41   Link #199
Raziel1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Saazbaum's life is needed because he was the only one person that Slaine can ask for help at that moment.

And they already make a deal. If Saazbaum still want to kill Asseylum , he would already done it in the past 19 months. With power in his hand, he could just order his soilder to kill Slaine and Asseylum when they were unaware on his ship. (Well, maybe he still wait for the really good chance......?)

EDIT: Nah, that was in the past. Right now, it is for the princess.
V
V
I think you are misunderstanding what I meant. If Slaine allowed Inaho to kill Saazbaum in episode 12 Asseylum would have never been shot.
Old 2015-01-20, 08:51   Link #200
Marina2

I think back then, Slaine is still innocent (and stupid) so he act without thinking much....but after he saw Assylum got shot, he relized that he made a big mistake and tried to find a way to fix it. With the limited option of what he can do at that time, he made a decision, and did what he can do.