AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 20 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 23.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 28.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-02-14, 22:28   Link #81
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Man that freaking cliff hanger. It's already so painful waiting a week for an episode, that ending is going to make it that much harder

To me, Slaine is now no better than Saazbaum, because he's using Asseylum to fulfill his own ambitions; I seriously hope they don't end up together.
Old 2015-02-14, 22:44   Link #82
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
But what would she do with the Deucalion? Sure they fight knights one at a time, but that's like hitting one locust at a time out of a swarm. She would probably do much more good with her people and at least keeping her fingers to the pulse of the situation. Vers is really where all the action in the plot is at this season. Even Inaho is standing around watching trying to see what Slaine is going to do. All the movement is on the Vers side. Asseylum might as well stay.

As for the marriage, I think that Slaine is just using it as much as he needs to in order to become a royal. Marriage is the only way to do that, and as far as Vers is concerned, there are only two royals, the Emperor and Asseylum. He obviously isn't going to marry or be adopted by the Emperor, so marriage to "Asseylum" is the only other option. However, I think that once everything has been accomplished, or if he no longer needs the facade, he will drop the act.
What can she do there? It's become apparent that to others, she's just there to look pretty. Saazbaum and Slaine used Lemrina to pose as her to become the face of this war. However, the face is just the exterior as the machinations lie behind it. Even the matter of her guardian was out of her hands, as Lemrina could do nothing to stop the duel, even though it was about her, despite for plot reasons. It doesn't help Asseylum's one voice out of many. Plus, she's too good-natured to lie and be deceitful purposefully. Do I stay with people who won't listen to me and used my name to promote a war I didn't want, or find a way to people who I worked with before and have good relations with?

How can everything be accomplished before it happens? Lemrina talks about making a new kingdom in Lunar space for which this marriage is the key. Sounds like they need to actually hurry it up before the opposition prepares to stop it. If Slaine becoming a count was bad enough, the fact he'll become the next emperor will cause even those that don't mind him to seriously question him. They aren't dumb; they know his ascension is happening way too fast to be normal.
Old 2015-02-14, 23:01   Link #83
AverageFan

I just realized how much Gilzeria would flip at every thing that happen. Just wanting to see his reaction makes me wanting hime to come back. I know his dead and stuff.
I also want commentary from the emperor and his opinion on everything dispute being near death.
Old 2015-02-14, 23:02   Link #84
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
What can she do there? It's become apparent that to others, she's just there to look pretty. Saazbaum and Slaine used Lemrina to pose as her to become the face of this war. However, the face is just the exterior as the machinations lie behind it. Even the matter of her guardian was out of her hands, as Lemrina could do nothing to stop the duel, even though it was about her, despite for plot reasons. It doesn't help Asseylum's one voice out of many. Plus, she's too good-natured to lie and be deceitful purposefully. Do I stay with people who won't listen to me and used my name to promote a war I didn't want, or find a way to people who I worked with before and have good relations with?

How can everything be accomplished before it happens? Lemrina talks about making a new kingdom in Lunar space for which this marriage is the key. Sounds like they need to actually hurry it up before the opposition prepares to stop it. If Slaine becoming a count was bad enough, the fact he'll become the next emperor will cause even those that don't mind him to seriously question him. They aren't dumb; they know his ascension is happening way too fast to be normal.
Well, all that stuff being out of her hands thing is just par for the course with the way Vers is run. Even if it was really Asseylum, she would still have a guardian that would be making decisions for her and everything else that goes with it. The question I'm asking is what use is she to the Deucalion. If she has no use to Vers being with them, she has even less use being without them. She can't really fight, there's nothing she can do on the Deucalion except talk to people. What use would she be there? They would be the same with her as without her. She has Aldnoah power, but so does Lemrina, they kind of cancel each other out. Honestly, I don't know what they are going to do with Asseylum, she kind of lost her purpose this season. She's been in a coma for half the season and it hasn't really mattered.

As for the asscension happening to fast, of course we notice it, but we're looking at the situation from within. To everyone else, his fast tracking has really gone rather smoothly. He had no part in naming himself heir to Saazbaum, and everyone would reason that the old man was worried about the outcome of the battle and wanted to be prepared. Unfortunately it was a self-fullfilling prophecy and the Saazbaum was killed in the next battle. Slaine, who has been known to be friend to the princess and has spent years with her, and is now her guardian, sparked a romance, and now she herself has declared him her chosen husband now that he's of higher rank. It's not that unbelievable a situation.

There are definitely those that won't like it though, and I think we might be in for a Martian civil war. Barouhcruz seems to be pissed and he can easily become the leader of the faction of racist counts that are going to be against Slaine. According to an article, he was already leader of their little group that included himself, Marylcian, and Mazaruuk. I can see him gaining more followers.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-14, 23:40   Link #85
Kurohane

Quote:
Well, all that stuff being out of her hands thing is just par for the course with the way Vers is run. Even if it was really Asseylum, she would still have a guardian that would be making decisions for her and everything else that goes with it. The question I'm asking is what use is she to the Deucalion. If she has no use to Vers being with them, she has even less use being without them. She can't really fight, there's nothing she can do on the Deucalion except talk to people. What use would she be there? They would be the same with her as without her. She has Aldnoah power, but so does Lemrina, they kind of cancel each other out. Honestly, I don't know what they are going to do with Asseylum, she kind of lost her purpose this season. She's been in a coma for half the season and it hasn't really mattered.
With Lemrina stuck on moonbase, Asseylum can go unhindered with the landing castles on the Earth. They have no way going back into orbit, with the Aldnoah shut down. Anyway, with the Deucalion, she has the opportunity to do something at the least. At moonbase, she's just a caged bird, with everyone essentially telling her "just sit tight, and we'll handle everything". If she wants to take action, it won't be a surprise if she looks there.

Quote:
As for the asscension happening to fast, of course we notice it, but we're looking at the situation from within. To everyone else, his fast tracking has really gone rather smoothly. He had no part in naming himself heir to Saazbaum, and everyone would reason that the old man was worried about the outcome of the battle and wanted to be prepared. Unfortunately it was a self-fullfilling prophecy and the Saazbaum was killed in the next battle. Slaine, who has been known to be friend to the princess and has spent years with her, and is now her guardian, sparked a romance, and now she herself has declared him her chosen husband now that he's of higher rank. It's not that unbelievable a situation.

There are definitely those that won't like it though, and I think we might be in for a Martian civil war. Barouhcruz seems to be pissed and he can easily become the leader of the faction of racist counts that are going to be against Slaine. According to an article, he was already leader of their little group that included himself, Marylcian, and Mazaruuk. I can see him gaining more followers.
He was a knight for 19 months. Became a count right after being announced as Count Saazbaum's son, gaining all the latter's privileges including being Asseylum's guardian, and being declared Asseylum's betrothed not long after. It's not something only the audience can see. With this sudden change, every count will have their suspicion raised exponentially, and start connecting the dots. They have no proof, but caution will etched deeply, searching for an opportunity.
Old 2015-02-14, 23:48   Link #86
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
This is turning into Slaine and Inaho show...
Was it ever anything else?
Old 2015-02-15, 00:03   Link #87
Irenesharda

Quote:
With Lemrina stuck on moonbase, Asseylum can go unhindered with the landing castles on the Earth. They have no way going back into orbit, with the Aldnoah shut down. Anyway, with the Deucalion, she has the opportunity to do something at the least. At moonbase, she's just a caged bird, with everyone essentially telling her "just sit tight, and we'll handle everything". If she wants to take action, it won't be a surprise if she looks there.
Lemrina doesn't have to be stuck on the moon base. If they're going to set up this earth kingdom, she's going to have to come to Earth eventually. It was Saazbaum that had her on the base all her life, and Slaine has had no reason to go to Earth right now. However, that could shortly change. I just can't see Asseylum doing anymore for the Deucalion that they are already doing for themselves. They are already taking out counts on their own, even without the power of Aldnoah being shut down. I honestly don't know if she'll be much use for either side. Also, it depends on how long her rehab and recovery will be that can tell you how useful she'll be to further events. It's already half way through the series. She not going to be doing much of anything next episode either, so I don't even think she has time to do anything with Earth.

If anything, I can see her getting Slaine out of a jam when Lemrina is found out and then she appears as the real Asseylum to help him out and introduces her sister and her double to Vers.

Quote:
He was a knight for 19 months. Became a count right after being announced as Count Saazbaum's son, gaining all the latter's privileges including being Asseylum's guardian, and being declared Asseylum's betrothed not long after. It's not something only the audience can see. With this sudden change, every count will have their suspicion raised exponentially, and start connecting the dots. They have no proof, but caution will etched deeply, searching for an opportunity.
Nothing you said would have changed if Slaine didn't have a plan. He would have still been a knight. Saazbaum was still going to name him his heir. The only difference was that Saazbaum died as soon as he did, and any soldier will tell you that you can die anytime in battle. Slaine would have still inherited all of what Saazbaum had. So I don't think it's as apparent as you think. Also, it's not that unusual in old-fashioned times for the knight that fought for the maiden's honor to also gain her hand in marriage. Also, it was the princess herself that chose him, are they going to question her word? He's proven his worth and honor on the battlefield. The counts seem to respect or at least tolerate him.

And the only two people who have suspected him so far, are so colored by their own prejudice that they are making foolish decisions. They are saying that Slaine shouldn't be where he is simply because he's a Terran and a Terran can't be that smart. Perhaps if they thought clearly, they might get somewhere, but looking at Barouhcruz's face, I highly doubt that.

However, problems could come in if Mazuurek decides to trust Barouhcruz with what Inaho told him. No one knows about Lemrina, so no one suspects there could be another princess around. If the idea that Asseylum is a fake comes out, there could really be huge trouble.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2015-02-15 at 00:37.
Old 2015-02-15, 00:52   Link #88
MonkeyDude

Wow Slaine I'm most impressed. In the span of less than two years you went from lowly lapdog taking beatings from the pimp cane to possibly the next Emperor of Vers? Where's that keikaku doori when you need it? I would be surprised if there are no repercussions due to that proclamation as those 37 clans must be drinking some serious Kool Aid if they think there's even a shred of legitimacy to this entire affair.

...so Lemmy tampering with her life support systems (seriously why the hell is she underwater?) somehow jogged Asseylum backed into the land of the living. Which quite frankly makes no sense based on the medical knowledge I know of. Maybe the hypoxia jogged her backed to consciousness, or maybe she felt the EVIL of her sister? Either way why she even needs life support is highly questionable beyond the simple fact they stuck her in a damn underwater tube.

Quite frankly the epilogue brought nothing but laughs given how they butchered that sequence of events. The only reason Lemmy's actions were even life threatening is due to the simple fact Asseylum is underwater...for some inexplicable reason (maybe to prevent atrophy?).

Asseylum must be dirty as all hell underneath that suit given there doesn't seem to be a backdoor for her to expel waste nor a frontdoor to urinate...
Old 2015-02-15, 01:24   Link #89
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

under water makes sense because there is artificial gravity on some parts of the station (i think) so as to not get bed sores. if it was an actual zero gravity location, then it doesn't make sense to have her under water.

but either way, that ending scene. wow. the rest of the episode was already great, but that ending gave me chills.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2015-02-15, 01:29   Link #90
ImperialKnight

Correct me if I'm wrong but since they're only killing Martian counts shouldn't the Earth Forces be able to commandeer the Landing Castles?

I mean the castles shut down when the count is killed correct? But the Aldnoah drives are still intact and they have Inaho who technically speaking should be capable of activating it or was it a one-time deal with the Deuclaion?
Old 2015-02-15, 01:45   Link #91
Irenesharda

I like how Slaine is looking at the most moderate of the counts and is respectfully calling their ideals regarding Terrans "bullcrap".

I'm wondering how many will be joining his side?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-15, 01:46   Link #92
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post

Asseylum must be dirty as all hell underneath that suit given there doesn't seem to be a backdoor for her to expel waste nor a frontdoor to urinate...
How silly, this is anime, people NEVER have to think about those things when characters go into a coma
Old 2015-02-15, 02:05   Link #93
lubczyk

I just noticed a trope that may indicate that Asseylum will end up with Inaho and Lemrina will end up with Slaine.

In episode 5 when Inaho was fighting Vlad's sword kat on the aircraft carrier, Asseylum (as Seylum) called out his name.

In this episode, Lemrina called out Slaine's name in his duel with Curly Hair.

Seems pretty common in many anime that the girl will call out the guy's name with whom she is in love with when he is in a fight for his life.

I would love for this anime to subvert this trope, but tropes exist for a reason.

Then again, Inaho's robot eye may blow out his brain like he stated in episode 17.
Old 2015-02-15, 02:26   Link #94
Kurohane

Quote:
Lemrina doesn't have to be stuck on the moon base. If they're going to set up this earth kingdom, she's going to have to come to Earth eventually. It was Saazbaum that had her on the base all her life, and Slaine has had no reason to go to Earth right now. However, that could shortly change. I just can't see Asseylum doing anymore for the Deucalion that they are already doing for themselves. They are already taking out counts on their own, even without the power of Aldnoah being shut down. I honestly don't know if she'll be much use for either side. Also, it depends on how long her rehab and recovery will be that can tell you how useful she'll be to further events. It's already half way through the series. She not going to be doing much of anything next episode either, so I don't even think she has time to do anything with Earth.

If anything, I can see her getting Slaine out of a jam when Lemrina is found out and then she appears as the real Asseylum to help him out and introduces her sister and her double to Vers.
The Kingdom will comprise of lunar space including the Earth. She doesn't have to go anywhere. I'm looking at this from a character perspective. From Asseylum's POV, she would want to be with people who share her ideals, and comfortable to be around. Slaine is no longer the person she knew. Once she finds out what he's done, she'll be horrified, not that I suspect he'll openly tell her about killing Saazbaum or the assassination, but that he's actively killing people, and destroyed a UEF lunar base on his own accord. That will be enough to shock her. The childhood friend who was also her tutor and had no killing experience is part of the war to subjugate Earth. He might as well be a different person now.

It fits along with her good-natured persona, though if the cat gets out of the bag, nothing will rectify it.

Quote:
Nothing you said would have changed if Slaine didn't have a plan. He would have still been a knight. Saazbaum was still going to name him his heir. The only difference was that Saazbaum died as soon as he did, and any soldier will tell you that you can die anytime in battle. Slaine would have still inherited all of what Saazbaum had. So I don't think it's as apparent as you think. Also, it's not that unusual in old-fashioned times for the knight that fought for the maiden's honor to also gain her hand in marriage. Also, it was the princess herself that chose him, are they going to question her word? He's proven his worth and honor on the battlefield. The counts seem to respect or at least tolerate him.

And the only two people who have suspected him so far, are so colored by their own prejudice that they are making foolish decisions. They are saying that Slaine shouldn't be where he is simply because he's a Terran and a Terran can't be that smart. Perhaps if they thought clearly, they might get somewhere, but looking at Barouhcruz's face, I highly doubt that.

However, problems could come in if Mazuurek decides to trust Barouhcruz with what Inaho told him. No one knows about Lemrina, so no one suspects there could be another princess around. If the idea that Asseylum is a fake comes out, there could really be huge trouble.
The timing was just too convenient. The knights aren't stupid enough to not see it. The same with being Asseylum's betrothed. Common sense will tell you that only Slaine really benefits from it. Also, the knights will see it as Slaine taking advantage of the princess using his rights as her guardian. No one will actually buy they just "happened to fall in love" even if they know they're childhood friends. Really, how many of the knights know that outside Chruteo?

Oh, they will question her word, so much that many will be dying to see audience with her to talk some "sense" into this obviously egregious decision. The tricky part is will Slaine allow that, and raise even further suspicion on himself, or let Lemrina talk with some half-truths and lies?

Mazuurek may do it, but he's just in the dark about the current situation, so he may keep it to himself, until even he gets the facts. Plus, he has to keep quiet about being aided by Inaho. He may pass to him that Count Saazbaum was behind the princess' assassination, but that's all he can really say at this point, before being questioned "where did you hear this from", and not say, "a terran told me."
Old 2015-02-15, 03:00   Link #95
Irenesharda

Quote:
The Kingdom will comprise of lunar space including the Earth. She doesn't have to go anywhere. I'm looking at this from a character perspective. From Asseylum's POV, she would want to be with people who share her ideals, and comfortable to be around. Slaine is no longer the person she knew. Once she finds out what he's done, she'll be horrified, not that I suspect he'll openly tell her about killing Saazbaum or the assassination, but that he's actively killing people, and destroyed a UEF lunar base on his own accord. That will be enough to shock her. The childhood friend who was also her tutor and had no killing experience is part of the war to subjugate Earth. He might as well be a different person now.

It fits along with her good-natured persona, though if the cat gets out of the bag, nothing will rectify it.
Honestly, Slaine is the same person she knew, but he isn't as niave as he used to be and he matured. he doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve anymore. The Slaine that talks to Eddelrittuo and Harklight is the real Slaine and the one that Asseylum knows. That's the one she will probably be greeted with. Also, what exactly has Slaine done that is so egregious? He's a soldier in war. She had no problem with the Terrans killing Martians, she can't expect her people to not fight too. If Inaho destroyed several Martian soldiers and destroyed a Martian base, she would think nothing of it. To somehow believe differently of Slaine would be hypocritical. So, she abhors violence? Well, sorry hun, this is war and you can't expect people to just drop their guns and be buddy buddy at the drop of the hat. The world doesn't work that way. And if she can't get that, the screw what she thinks! If she can't think of things in an adult manner, the who the heck cares what she thinks. She's obviously not being rational. In fact, I honestly don't know why we're judging what is just and the right thing to do by what Asseylum thinks. The girl is a naive, sheltered child with idealistic dreams, I honestly don't care if she loves him or hates him, I don't watch this show for her.

Quote:
The timing was just too convenient. The knights aren't stupid enough to not see it. The same with being Asseylum's betrothed. Common sense will tell you that only Slaine really benefits from it. Also, the knights will see it as Slaine taking advantage of the princess using his rights as her guardian. No one will actually buy they just "happened to fall in love" even if they know they're childhood friends. Really, how many of the knights know that outside Chruteo?

Oh, they will question her word, so much that many will be dying to see audience with her to talk some "sense" into this obviously egregious decision. The tricky part is will Slaine allow that, and raise even further suspicion on himself, or let Lemrina talk with some half-truths and lies?

Mazuurek may do it, but he's just in the dark about the current situation, so he may keep it to himself, until even he gets the facts. Plus, he has to keep quiet about being aided by Inaho. He may pass to him that Count Saazbaum was behind the princess' assassination, but that's all he can really say at this point, before being questioned "where did you hear this from", and not say, "a terran told me."
"The knights aren't stupid enough to not see it." Really? Because they don't have the hottest track record right now at being "smart" considering what we've seen from them.

Also, you say all this, and yet Slaine has been Count for a little while and not a single person has brought up on screen any of these suspicions. Only Marylcian and Barouhcruz brought up suspicions, and their theory was more like, "There's no way this lowly dog could have gotten this high without some form of trickery". They're deductions are colored by their prejudice, and that never ends well.

If they had intended for the counts to have these suspicions, they would have written a scene showing that. Since they didn't, that kind of speaks for itself. As Slaine says, they really are full of their own hubris.
Now, I do think that Slaine becoming "Asseylum"'s fiance will cause a divide, however, I'm not so sure that's not what Slaine wants anyway. I mean, he'd rather have he knights that truly believe in him and Asseylum on his side, and have all the idiotic, prejudice nobles all in one group. It kind of makes it easier to cull them that way.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-15, 03:20   Link #96
monster

Quote:
Honestly, Slaine is the same person she knew, but he isn't as niave as he used to be and he matured. he doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve anymore. The Slaine that talks to Eddelrittuo and Harklight is the real Slaine and the one that Asseylum knows. That's the one she will probably be greeted with. Also, what exactly has Slaine done that is so egregious? He's a soldier in war. She had no problem with the Terrans killing Martians, she can't expect her people to not fight too. If Inaho destroyed several Martian soldiers and destroyed a Martian base, she would think nothing of it. To somehow believe differently of Slaine would be hypocritical. So, she abhors violence? Well, sorry hun, this is war and you can't expect people to just drop their guns and be buddy buddy at the drop of the hat. The world doesn't work that way. And if she can't get that, the screw what she thinks! If she can't think of things in an adult manner, the who the heck cares what she thinks. She's obviously not being rational. In fact, I honestly don't know why we're judging what is just and the right thing to do by what Asseylum thinks. The girl is a naive, sheltered child with idealistic dreams, I honestly don't care if she loves him or hates him, I don't watch this show for her.
What are you talking about? The reason why Asseylum is fine with Inaho and company fighting is because they are clearly not the aggressors in this conflict. The Martians are the aggressors in this conflict and Slaine currently holds an influential position among them.

And for all of your condemnation of Asseylum, at least she actually tried at peace. And let's be clear on this, the show did not say whether she would've failed had Saazbaum not kept messing with her. Meanwhile, Slaine hasn't shown anything in that regard, and only further fanned the Martians' desire for conquest.
Old 2015-02-15, 03:22   Link #97
lubczyk

I think the problem is that Slaine will care what Asseylum has to say.. His emotional attachment to Asseylum will be his undoing.
Old 2015-02-15, 03:52   Link #98
MonkeyDude

Quote:
So "matured" by your definition is willingly using the identity of your friend and romantic interest for the sake of his own agenda. Oh yeah and this agenda just so happens to involve things said friend is highly against and goes contrary to what she believes in. Yeah Slaine is definitely the same person Asseylum knew before the poo started flying around.

In sociology there is a theory known as dramaturgy. Simply put, dramaturgy is similar to how actors perform a role and form an impression on their audience. The real Slaine encompasses all the roles he is playing for his audience. The Slaine going around slaining people in her name is as real as the one Asseylum knows. Care to guess the kind of reaction Asseylum will have if/when exposed to the acts Slaine did for the express purpose of pushing his agenda?

Well not like it matter since you so obviously know of Asseylum's character to such a degree that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she would be just peachy with Slaine's actions. And I'm not even going to call you out on how you play the role of white knight to Slaine!

Just as Slaine is no longer the same person Asseylum once knew, Asseylum is not the same naive girl Slaine once knew courtesy of one-eyed Inaho. Slaine is in for one rude awakening when Asseylum is back in action.

Quote:
"The knights aren't stupid enough to not see it." Really? Because they don't have the hottest track record right now at being "smart" considering what we've seen from them.

Also, you say all this, and yet Slaine has been Count for a little while and not a single person has brought up on screen any of these suspicions. Only Marylcian and Barouhcruz brought up suspicions, and their theory was more like, "There's no way this lowly dog could have gotten this high without some form of trickery". They're deductions are colored by their prejudice, and that never ends well.

If they had intended for the counts to have these suspicions, they would have written a scene showing that. Since they didn't, that kind of speaks for itself. As Slaine says, they really are full of their own hubris.
Now, I do think that Slaine becoming "Asseylum"'s fiance will cause a divide, however, I'm not so sure that's not what Slaine wants anyway. I mean, he'd rather have he knights that truly believe in him and Asseylum on his side, and have all the idiotic, prejudice nobles all in one group. It kind of makes it easier to cull them that way.
While not exactly for the right reasons, those two red shirts did challenge Slaine for the right to Asseylum (if my memory serves me right). So yeah there was something afoul in the air and those two were able to pick up on it. Their logic was based on bigotry, but that doesn't invalidate their point. I mean you can't deny that they hit the nail on the head with the part about trickery, yes?

So you mean to tell me Slaine's masterstroke is to cause a divide between the orbital knights and possibly cause internal conflict in the middle of a war? Dare I say it? Yes! Slaine's grand plan is to cause a civil war between the 37 clans! Has to be since it's not like all the clans will approve of a dirty Terran being the Emperor of Vers.
Old 2015-02-15, 04:19   Link #99
vic-vic

Quote:
While not exactly for the right reasons, those two red shirts did challenge Slaine for the right to Asseylum (if my memory serves me right). So yeah there was something afoul in the air and those two were able to pick up on it. Their logic was based on bigotry, but that doesn't invalidate their point. I mean you can't deny that they hit the nail on the head with the part about trickery, yes?

So you mean to tell me Slaine's masterstroke is to cause a divide between the orbital knights and possibly cause internal conflict in the middle of a war? Dare I say it? Yes! Slaine's grand plan is to cause a civil war between the 37 clans! Has to be since it's not like all the clans will approve of a dirty Terran being the Emperor of Vers.
I think after Slain rekt Marylcian many knights, who don't like him, would shut up, seeing Mary's fate.

And honestly, "Asseylum" IS a royal princess - no one (outside Rayregalia, of course) in Verse have the authority to this marriage.
Old 2015-02-15, 04:22   Link #100
Raziel1991

I honestly agree that it would be really strange for Asseylum to accept what Slaine is currently doing.

Quote:
Also, what exactly has Slaine done that is so egregious? He's a soldier in war. She had no problem with the Terrans killing Martians, she can't expect her people to not fight too. If Inaho destroyed several Martian soldiers and destroyed a Martian base, she would think nothing of it. To somehow believe differently of Slaine would be hypocritical.
There is one difference, the terrans are defending their homelands here so what they are doing is just self-defense. The martians on the other hand are the ones invading and pillaging other peoples lands.

Last edited by Raziel1991; 2015-02-15 at 11:51.
Closed Thread