AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-02-21, 23:39   Link #2941
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Ah, but her chatty maid is right there with her, and I'm sure Asseylum is going to be filled in on the missing days in her memory in short order.
You forget that the "chatty maid" also cares a whole lot about Slaine. And that also doesn't color the fact that Asseylum, even in her complete right mind, would never abandon Slaine. He's her best friend. They've been together for years as each other's only friend. She actually went into a depression when he was taken away by Cruhteo. A friend doesn't just abandon the other when they've fallen off the path. She'd try her best to help him find his way rather than leave him alone.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-22, 02:37   Link #2942
fbi888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
I don't really see that happening. Remember that Asseylum has no idea what happened ever since she got shot. Even if all her memories came back, she wouldn't feel the need to escape from Slaine. Say she sticks around and observes that Slaine has changed for the worse; they're still old friends. Knowing Asseylum's personality, she would stick around and do her best to make Slaine see the error of his ways—not ditch him.
You're probably right. Asseylum likely will end up saving Slaine at the moment when Inaho defeats and about to kill Slaine.
Old 2015-02-22, 03:40   Link #2943
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbi888 View Post
You're probably right. Asseylum likely will end up saving Slaine at the moment when Inaho defeats and about to kill Slaine.
Asseylum dies at the hands of Inaho, by accident.

That's quite an interesting ending, if it happens.
Old 2015-02-22, 07:09   Link #2944
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I'm kinda hoping that we'll see Asseylum suddenly remember everything and she'll then proceed to steal Slaine's landing castle (since his office seems to be on the moonbase) and then fly it into the battle to rescue Inaho and co which will set the stage for an epic Inaho and Asseylum vs Slaine and Lemrina battle royal.
She might have to fake memory loss for a while to see who is on who's side and hook up with the knight that Inaho freed to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
You forget that the "chatty maid" also cares a whole lot about Slaine. And that also doesn't color the fact that Asseylum, even in her complete right mind, would never abandon Slaine. He's her best friend. They've been together for years as each other's only friend. She actually went into a depression when he was taken away by Cruhteo. A friend doesn't just abandon the other when they've fallen off the path. She'd try her best to help him find his way rather than leave him alone.

There are 3 types of friends.

There are
friends for a reason;
friends for a season; and
friends for life.

Slaine is not #3 anymore. He was probably a "friend for a reason" just like Inaho. Her maid is a friend for life.

People are abandoned if their path is dangerous for your existence as your survival comes first.
Old 2015-02-22, 07:46   Link #2945
Oboro

Quote:
You forget that the "chatty maid" also cares a whole lot about Slaine.
I belive the "chatty maid" will cares only for Asseylum sake, will and probably her love interest, we are spoiled metaphorically about the relationships (she try to reach inaoh while cryin having pity for the slaine state) in the second cour Op, or maybe the Olympus Knights are just trolling us

on the show so far
Slaine is more deeper in the villain route ed into the ntr-antagonist role, imho he always had this role in the whole show since the first episodes
Now Slaine have to do with:
- using Asseylum for his purpose (not the assylum one, not the way asseylum will assure the peace)
- using Lemrina for his purpose (high chance she become mad/yandere/suicidal)
- Mazuurek, that soon or later will found the truth about Asseylum.

I'm not saying that slaine will die, he got many fans mostly from the female audience, and maybe he will gain some sort of redemption, but i don't belive that slaine can reach his goal without losses at this point of the show.

Last edited by Oboro; 2015-02-22 at 07:56.
Old 2015-02-22, 08:34   Link #2946
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:

You do not not see Aldnoa.Zero as an anime mecha, or action.
You Aldnoa.Zero sees as an anime shoujo fantasy, and in his view, Slaine is a prince, perfect on his white horse. and you create your comments through this vision.
Slaine does a lot of bad things, do not pay for any of them, is forgiven, and has a happy ending. It is the typical end of shoujo sleeves.
You are very passionate about his character, does not see faults in them, and always seeks excuses to defend their character.
Forgetting that Slaine had a forced and extremely artificial development in the second season, fully gary-stu,
won several political skills, planning, tactics and extrategias, when in season, has never been shown to be able to these upgrades given by writers

And it seems to Slaine says, is the most popular character anime in Japan, and Asia, where it is not true. I live in Japan, Slaine is only popular among women, and yaoi fans, he has a huge rejection and hatred, inclussive in various site dedicated to the mecha genre, he is cited as the worst pilot in history. the male part, if you do not know the indece of hatred in Japan by Slaine character, comes close to indece to hate the character Makoto Itou - School Days.
I do not know where you take this information, which Slaine is the most popular in asia and Japan, the more they are not true, you should bring real evidence to prove what you say.
You forget that the Japan and Asia, where it is concentrated the largest base of the mecha genre fans.

Old 2015-02-22, 08:37   Link #2947
Top Sergeant

Quote:
-When did Elduritto ever care for Slaine?

-Is Asseylum so pathetic that she will take no action against the man who

1) reignited the war even though he knew full well Asseylum was against it
2) is lying to her sister to deliberately deceive her and use her
3) is concealing his power grab from Asseylum and keeping her deliberately isolated
4) has started an armed rebellion against her own family
5) has made public announcement of their marriage without her consent and will actually marry her sister, and usurped Asseylem's authority
6) attempted to murder the man who saved her life and, possibly, is the man she loves?

"Oh no, Slaine is a good guy, he's just misunderstood!" *barf*

No, when Asseylum learns the full score, while she may still have a soft spot for him in her heart, she will neither condone nor support him, and I expect her to actually act against him. (The OP of the first season comes to mind. It may mean nothing, but I think Asseylum may well be the doom of Slaine)
Old 2015-02-22, 09:18   Link #2948
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
-When did Elduritto ever care for Slaine?

-Is Asseylum so pathetic that she will take no action against the man who

1) reignited the war even though he knew full well Asseylum was against it
2) is lying to her sister to deliberately deceive her and use her
3) is concealing his power grab from Asseylum and keeping her deliberately isolated
4) has started an armed rebellion against her own family
5) has made public announcement of their marriage without her consent and will actually marry her sister, and usurped Asseylem's authority
6) attempted to murder the man who saved her life and, possibly, is the man she loves?

"Oh no, Slaine is a good guy, he's just misunderstood!" *barf*

No, when Asseylum learns the full score, while she may still have a soft spot for him in her heart, she will neither condone nor support him, and I expect her to actually act against him. (The OP of the first season comes to mind. It may mean nothing, but I think Asseylum may well be the doom of Slaine)
mm, I had the same feeling, tho. Elduritto is a Martian maid after all. Now that Slaine gained power we have seen her blush to him and feel sorry for him, when he dropped the blue roses. It's more like, due to her upbringing she is loyal to the Royals, more than to people for themselves (except for Asseylum). That would explain why she was so against Slaine in the first season, but now instead she looks so different and concerned toward him, but not toward the Deucalion crew, given that what Slaine is doing now is going against them. Apart from a little crush she may have.
Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if later she could get in the way to a certain degree.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-02-22, 09:24   Link #2949
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
Another soccer player, you should chance your pattern in choosing nicknames for your next AS user.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-02-22, 10:59   Link #2950
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Another soccer player, you should chance your pattern in choosing nicknames for your next AS user.
I did not, what do you mean?
which would be an AS User?
I can not understand what thou talking about, say you could be clearer
Old 2015-02-22, 15:53   Link #2951
lisin

so, 2/3 katphrakts and 2 landing castle. next episode this will more interesting.

wonder who will dead in next episode?
- marito
- yuki nee
- inko
- rayet

Old 2015-02-22, 16:39   Link #2952
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Asseylum dies at the hands of Inaho, by accident.

That's quite an interesting ending, if it happens.
I don't really see that happening. I feel like if they wanted to go for a non-cliche ending, they would've done it at the end of season 1 and kept Inaho/Asseylum dead.
Old 2015-02-22, 21:46   Link #2953
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisin View Post
so, 2/3 katphrakts and 2 landing castle. next episode this will more interesting.

wonder who will dead in next episode?
- marito
- yuki nee
- inko
- rayet

Marito pls, Inaho's battle harem doesn't need to include a middle age man in it.
Old 2015-02-22, 21:50   Link #2954
Galaxian

Anyone but Yuki-nee I can do without.
Old 2015-02-22, 23:56   Link #2955
The 48th Ronin

Rayet. Must. Survive.

One of best girls in show, IMO. Aside from Yuki, Darzana and Inko.
Old 2015-02-23, 00:39   Link #2956
Krayes818
Three eyed crow

Has anyone heard the latest aldnoah radio? Some are saying that Amamiya and Minase hint at Asseylum and Edelrittuo trying to save Slaine.. It can just be people guessing though.
Old 2015-02-23, 01:06   Link #2957
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayes818 View Post
Has anyone heard the latest aldnoah radio? Some are saying that Amamiya and Minase hint at Asseylum and Edelrittuo trying to save Slaine.. It can just be people guessing though.
I've heard that too. I've seen the video on Youtube, but it's not subbed so I don't know what was said. I've heard that Amamiya has at least recorded up to episode 21, so I don't know how much the two would know.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-23, 04:13   Link #2958
Arya

Quote:
This weeks episode is called: "Flaw[s] of Paradise―Here to There―", and showed the cracks and flaws within Asseylum and Lemrina's "paradises" in that they are beutiful but fake, and also in the flaws that come in the world that Slaine is trying to build. It was also of course and transitory episode, which I'm guessing was the "here to there" part.

Next week's episode will be called, "Price of Glory[/Honor]―The Light of Day―". I know that Inaho and gang will have to fight this new battle this time, and it will be their hardest. I'm not sure what the rest of the title alludes to though?
I was thinking about the titles, and, well my read/speculation is a bit different. Considering that this episode we saw Slaine going from "Here to There", where "here" could be interpreted as here with us, to "there" where he is now, not with us anymore. In fact he literally landed his castle on Earth, an act of war.

And the new title, considering that glory is more a Martian word than Earth's I suspect the title is referring to Slaine and the price he could pay for the glory he is earning. And the sole thing he still care (or has been caring for) is Asseylum, so she could have her memories back or Lemrina could try something. "The light of day" could so allude to Asseylum being able to see the light of the day (on Earth) again, so like she manages to escape (like thanks to Lemrina's try). Or it may allude to Inaho's side, being able to see the light of the day, they will manage to survive (not all of them probably) in some ways or another.
As suggested in the other thread Marito could sacrifice himself to save everyone and actually it would work. He also had the spot light lately after all. If that's the case I'm curious if they'll mirror his trauma with reversed roles. And so who should kill him.

Old 2015-02-23, 06:32   Link #2959
Krayes818
Three eyed crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I was thinking about the titles, and, well my read/speculation is a bit different. Considering that this episode we saw Slaine going from "Here to There", where "here" could be interpreted as here with us, to "there" where he is now, not with us anymore. In fact he literally landed his castle on Earth, an act of war.

And the new title, considering that glory is more a Martian word than Earth's I suspect the title is referring to Slaine and the price he could pay for the glory he is earning. And the sole thing he still care (or has been caring for) is Asseylum, so she could have her memories back or Lemrina could try something. "The light of day" could so allude to Asseylum being able to see the light of the day (on Earth) again, so like she manages to escape (like thanks to Lemrina's try). Or it may allude to Inaho's side, being able to see the light of the day, they will manage to survive (not all of them probably) in some ways or another.
As suggested in the other thread Marito could sacrifice himself to save everyone and actually it would work. He also had the spot light lately after all. If that's the case I'm curious if they'll mirror his trauma with reversed roles. And so who should kill him.
Actually, that landing castle wasn't his but Orga's, I do agree that here to there referred to Slaine's state of mind this episode.
Old 2015-02-23, 06:53   Link #2960
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayes818 View Post
Actually, that landing castle wasn't his but Orga's, I do agree that here to there referred to Slaine's state of mind this episode.
Thanks, indeed he wasn't him.
But even if only figuratively it doesn't change much.
That could point the "Light of day" read more toward the Inaho's take than Asseylum being freed (that actually would be probably too early, and we don't really know if he will really restrain her or to what extent even it's quite likely at this point).

Closed Thread