AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-08-07, 11:00   Link #30461
RX93-2
White Unicorn

To be fair to suiton, I think a RM Freedom isn't totally out of question.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 11:04   Link #30462
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
To be fair to suiton, I think a RM Freedom isn't totally out of question.
It's not about unfair. I'm personally not trying to be a massive troll/dick about it. I just understand that the likeliness of it happening, it's next to nothing. The Freedom is a good kit already. Sure it's not perfect, it doesn't have the best gimmicks, it could be made to look more like the RG. I doubt it will happen is all.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 11:13   Link #30463
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
The missile bay is one. The jet pack part.
I always value the looks of a kit over the gimmicks^^ So if I prefered the regular Duel without the shroud then I wouldn't care about the shroud one bit and keep it off the model :3
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 14:17   Link #30464
Skye629

A trip to the local hobby store has yielded yet another impulse buy for me

HGUC EZ-8! This should be fun to build with my Gouf Flight Type
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 17:47   Link #30465
Appel

Oh yeah, that does sound like fun^^

I am in the middle of building the RG GP01 FB now.
Well... It's definitely not as flimsy as the first RG but the torso is awful :T Nothing wants to hold together in that section.
I need to pick up some glue tomorrow...
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 20:04   Link #30466
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
I always value the looks of a kit over the gimmicks^^ So if I prefered the regular Duel without the shroud then I wouldn't care about the shroud one bit and keep it off the model :3
I'm just saying it's a loss. I'm not overly concerned.

@Skye629 Ez8 is pretty cool. I've just got too much of a back log to build anything else. I wanna get that kit though. I really want the old MG too, Maybe RX-79(G). Seems pretty legit.
Old 2013-08-07, 20:54   Link #30467
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I had been in charge of seed, Duel would have been strike. It looks far better imo.
If it were up to me, I would make Blitz the main Gundam and have Kira forced to pilot it in place of Strike . To me, Blitz is one of the fairest Gundam out there that didn't get much love. It is streamlined, stealthy-black and elegant without oversized backpack *coughiwspcoughdestinycough*nor arsenal overload *coughdestinycoughperfectstrikecough*. In fact, Blitz is the reason I started Gunpla. The design is so appealing I had to get the kit. Thus, without further ado I bought the 1/100 Blitz as my first kit. When Bandai announced MG Blitz, you wouldn’t know how happy I was and instantly pre-ordered it. Now that I have both Blitz which is faithful to the TV design (1/100) and Blitz with pseudo-Evolve design (MG), I felt pretty much complete. The others are just secondary addition to this hobby of mine compared to Blitz .
Old 2013-08-07, 21:20   Link #30468
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Still, preferring the “naked” mode is also fine.
Note to self: Get mace.

Are upcoming models announced in magazines? If yes may I ask what titles?
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 21:32   Link #30469
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If it were up to me, I would make Blitz the main Gundam
I have the blitz too don't worry! lol I wish I didn't have to recast the red camera part in clear resin though!!!!!

Yeah I gotta admit, most of the suits have this crazy huge backpack...

Kinda like this guy:

Already cutting up my brand new kit All for the sake of beauty. Man I love how the camera looks with the led. I cut off these tabs on the lightpipe(the ones that used to hold it in place) and it turned out this way. Before the pegs were pipping light directly out of the camera... Now it just gives it a surrounding hue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Note to self: Get mace.

Are upcoming models announced in magazines? If yes may I ask what titles?
Not my fault you're sexy without all those big bulky plates on

Dengeki hobby usually has most of the stuff. I'm sure there are others, I just can't recall at this moment.
Old 2013-08-08, 14:56   Link #30470
Providenceangle

Finally finished building...

Got the leds into most of the heads today too:

Aegis like I figured, needs some extra work. There is a grey support piece... I'm going to have to cast it in clear. It's part of the whole structure, so it needs to be there.

Old 2013-08-08, 15:02   Link #30471
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Finally finished building...

Got the leds into most of the heads today too:

Aegis like I figured, needs some extra work. There is a grey support piece... I'm going to have to cast it in clear. It's part of the whole structure, so it needs to be there.

That first picture is pretty epic! Is that the RM Ver. of the Aile Strike MG?

I wish Bandai would do the RM Ver. for Freedom and also release a MG Justice.

Anyway, I've been weirdly getting into Gundam X a lot lately. =D I guess I'm only now able to actually watch it and I really enjoy it so far. =D I've only seen the first 2 episodes and so far I have to say it's pretty damn fun.

It's a shame that we don't have any MGs from it and only now getting the HGAW Double X soon. Should I just get the HGs for X and X Divider right now or just hope and wait for the MGs?

Last edited by suiton629; 2013-08-08 at 15:29.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 15:40   Link #30472
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
That first picture is pretty epic! Is that the RM Ver. of the Aile Strike MG?

I wish Bandai would do the RM Ver. for Freedom and also release a MG Justice.

Anyway, I've been weirdly getting into Gundam X a lot lately. =D I guess I'm only now able to actually watch it and I really enjoy it so far. =D I've only seen the first 2 episodes and so far I have to say it's pretty damn fun.

It's a shame that we don't have any MGs from it and only now getting the HGAW Double X soon. Should I just get the HGs for X and X Divider right now or just hope and wait for the MGs?
You replied to his haul earlier, and you saw that he bought a RM Strike, dont ask pointless questions

As for X: Its a good show, highly underrated imo, keep watching it!

As for its kits: Get the HGs, the MGs are a LONG way off imo though they would be easy to do in 3 months and moved out of the way (2 kits, and 1 remold/altered version)

I would totally get a MG X-Divider if they ever saw fit to release it
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 15:53   Link #30473
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
You replied to his haul earlier, and you saw that he bought a RM Strike, dont ask pointless questions

As for X: Its a good show, highly underrated imo, keep watching it!

As for its kits: Get the HGs, the MGs are a LONG way off imo though they would be easy to do in 3 months and moved out of the way (2 kits, and 1 remold/altered version)

I would totally get a MG X-Divider if they ever saw fit to release it
Yeah I wasn't gonna say anything lol

As for X. The show is meh for me. It was a decent watch back in the days but... Yeah.

MGs... You do realize, it costs Bandai around or close to a million for a mg? A shitty little poly cap mold costs 10,000. Trust me I know. I've seen the ins and outs of injection molding. I've seen molds that cost 2 million dollars. Big ass things, that make lawn furniture.

If they figure they can make their costs back, or find a way to remake it, or find an excuse to make the DX and other Gundam X suits popular enough to make a profit.

I don't know about everyone else, but me, I'm a Canadian. So my first Gundam, like most North Americans, was wing. Now wing wasn't as widely accepted as Seed. Which is getting mad releases. Some of the best so far in fact! Bandai is focused on japan(which is why seed is the main focus most of the time. Because of it's success there). They make kits for world wide sales, but they don't focus on the rest of the world. Keep that in mind when you think about what we should, or shouldn't get in terms of whatever scale.
Old 2013-08-08, 16:22   Link #30474
suiton629
Master Grade Master

The way I see it.

X and X Divider can be in 1 box like the MG Exia Ignition Mode has Exia and Exia R1 in 1 box. That way, if you really want it, you'd have to buy 2x of that kit. =P (for MG Exia I got the regular, Ignition Mode, and Trans Am).

So that would be 1 MG that would potentially and easily turn into 2 kit purchases.

The next thing Bandai would have to do is do a "new" or partially new mold for the Double X and then release the G-Falcon as an online exclusive.

@Providenceangle

Seriously?! $1,000,000 for a MG mold? O_O It's no wonder Bandai lately has been doing a lot of online exclusives and trying to make kits that can be rehashed easily and quickly (i.e. like the Age line of MGs).
Old 2013-08-08, 16:27   Link #30475
Providenceangle

Quote:
The way I see it.

X and X Divider can be in 1 box like the MG Exia Ignition Mode has Exia and Exia R1 in 1 box. That way, if you really want it, you'd have to buy 2x of that kit. =P (for MG Exia I got the regular, Ignition Mode, and Trans Am).

So that would be 1 MG that would potentially and easily turn into 2 kit purchases.

The next thing Bandai would have to do is do a "new" or partially new mold for the Double X and then release the G-Falcon as an online exclusive.

@Providenceangle

Seriously?! $1,000,000 for a MG mold? O_O It's no wonder Bandai lately has been doing a lot of online exclusives and trying to make kits that can be rehashed easily and quickly (i.e. like the Age line of MGs).
Dude it's not one mold!! Each runner is it's own mold. Even one mold can cost millions! Millions! I doubt bandai has even one mold that cost 1 mil, but when you factor in all the runners in a MG, cost of artist, engineers, machinery, electricity, labour. Yeah one mg is pushing a million in "cost". With the Seed kits, they saved some cost by reusing parts. Polycaps, using common runners, etc... But MG Nu ver ka. Or the Upcoming Sazabi? I can say for certain they will have molds costing 100,000 a piece.

Molds are cut from billet(meaning a solid block of metal), or they are multiple piece which are bolted. They have to have water channels to cool the parts. They have to have chromed surfaces(which is expensive). I've done everything from working with material, or installing molds into machines, worked with the guys who repair them. I've seen the ins and outs over a 4 year period.
Old 2013-08-08, 16:34   Link #30476
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Wow. O_O
Surprised that Bandai just doesn't drop some Grade then. I mean aren't MGs the most popular from modelers and fans in Japan and elsewhere around the world? Why not drop like the HG line and instead keep SD, MG, and PG?

Do more SDs, eventually do MG's, and then occasionally do PGs?
Old 2013-08-08, 16:35   Link #30477
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

This is what I got for the time being (since it's show and tell moment...)

This didn't turn out that badly. LED wise, I am waiting on the Bandai green LEDs. It's supposedly coming with the Evo Hi-nu bootleg that I ordered through...

btw, what should I do with the bazooka and rifle color wise?

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 16:37   Link #30478
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
This is what I got for the time being (since it's show and tell moment...)

This didn't turn out that badly. LED wise, I am waiting on the Bandai green LEDs. It's supposedly coming with the Evo Hi-nu bootleg that I ordered through...

btw, what should I do with the bazooka and rifle color wise?
Bootlegs..
Old 2013-08-08, 16:39   Link #30479
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Bootlegs..
Hey! I have the Bandai Hi-nu you know! But only bootleg can turn that to the Evolve design which I like much more...

(plus I want to mount the fin funnels on ver.Ka Hi-nu style somehow)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 16:40   Link #30480
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Hey! I have the Bandai Hi-nu you know! But only bootleg can turn that to the Evolve design which I like much more...

(plus I want to mount the fin funnels on ver.Ka Hi-nu style somehow)
Well you could always paint it into the Evolve color scheme of the authentic MG Nu Gundam Ver. Ka.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy