AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-11-07, 03:55   Link #941
Eggs in a Bottle
Ehh I love suits?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449778/

It just happens that all J-horror end up to be comedies rather than serious thrillers. This movie is prime example.

I could maybe upload some of the scenes to Youtube or something.

Simply, the store is haunted and whoever shops there, gets killed by a ghost (of different sort each time).
Eggs in a Bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 22:49   Link #942
Samari
World's Greatest

Long story short things didn't work out.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 22:59   Link #943
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Sorry to hear that. Not to pressure you or anything, but you know we all want to hear details.
Old 2008-11-09, 23:03   Link #944
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Sorry to hear that. Not to pressure you or anything, but you know we all want to hear details.
No pressure at all
But Ledgem's right, curious to see in what aspect it didn't work out.
(the movie, your chemstry, plans fell apart? etc)

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 23:49   Link #945
Samari
World's Greatest

We met today and she basically got "cold feet". We just hung around SF State, talked for a while. Didn't go to the island. The past two days have actually been kind of disappointing. She's apprehensive about being in a relationship because she has this mentality of knowing that it will end one day. She used to have a boyfriend in China that mistreated her as well. And this was during a time when her parents didn't want her to be in a relationship and just study all the time. She attended a school where she studied ten hours a day and six days a week. After her last relationship I suppose that's when she got in it in her head that being within a relationship is not worth the time or something.

I didn't mind her decision to remain friends since this was all kind of fast for both of us, but I just wanted to know if that's what she really wants and that would make her happy...and is she doing what she thought was the right thing. And when we hung out today she finally said that she just wants to be friends and thinks that says she'd be satisfied with just not being in any relationships until she was like 24 or something. She really is trying to plan out her whole life...I just don't get it...and I get the feeling she's doing something that she really doesn't want to do based on some experience she's had. We talked at the mall in depth and addressed a lot of the issues and afterwards we just went our separate ways. No hug, nothing. She said she wanted to be "alone" for a while.

It's quite unfortunate, because I feel like I should help her, but I've said everything I can and she just seems to have this mindset. I don't know what's going to happen next, but I feel like I should just move on as fast as possible.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2008-11-10, 00:01   Link #946
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
We met today and she basically got "cold feet". We just hung around SF State, talked for a while. Didn't go to the island. The past two days have actually been kind of disappointing. She's apprehensive about being in a relationship because she has this mentality of knowing that it will end one day. She used to have a boyfriend in China that mistreated her as well. And this was during a time when her parents didn't want her to be in a relationship and just study all the time. She attended a school where she studied ten hours a day and six days a week. After her last relationship I suppose that's when she got in it in her head that being within a relationship is not worth the time or something.

I didn't mind her decision to remain friends since this was all kind of fast for both of us, but I just wanted to know if that's what she really wants and that would make her happy...and is she doing what she thought was the right thing. And when we hung out today she finally said that she just wants to be friends and thinks that says she'd be satisfied with just not being in any relationships until she was like 24 or something. She really is trying to plan out her whole life...I just don't get it...and I get the feeling she's doing something that she really doesn't want to do based on some experience she's had. We talked at the mall in depth and addressed a lot of the issues and afterwards we just went our separate ways. No hug, nothing. She said she wanted to be "alone" for a while.

It's quite unfortunate, because I feel like I should help her, but I've said everything I can and she just seems to have this mindset. I don't know what's going to happen next, but I feel like I should just move on as fast as possible.
I guess she's freaked herself out and is retreating into her shell.
Sorry but her prevous actions of contacting you in various ways contradict her current feelings, so yeah perhaps cold feet or reality hit her hard with a cold bucket of water as she realised that her behaviour up til now has got you interested in seeing if there is something good here between the two of you.

Sorry she tuned out though, i suspect it's somewhat annoying or frustrating in an emotional sense.
But if she thinks she needs to have some 'me' time, then you can only repsect her wishes. Feel free to be her friend, but do remind her from time to time that if a chance ever presents itself for something more between the two of you, you'll take it.
(Else you'll be stuck in that 'he's just a friend' category)

You don't have to actually follow with your words, but we girls are kinda dumb at times when we have male friends who we get comfy with and automatically shut you out from 'potential bf' category. There's no harm in reminding us that you'd like to be more than friends once in a while, especially since you guys already met to "test the waters", let's say.

But yeah *hug* - hope you're not too despondant anyways, you seem to have a charming aspect to you, I doubt you're someone who'll stay single for too long if you're willing to try.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
Old 2008-11-10, 00:10   Link #947
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
I guess she's freaked herself out and is retreating into her shell.
Sorry but her prevous actions of contacting you in various ways contradict her current feelings, so yeah perhaps cold feet or reality hit her hard with a cold bucket of water as she realised that her behaviour up til now has got you interested in seeing if there is something good here between the two of you.

Sorry she tuned out though, i suspect it's somewhat annoying or frustrating in an emotional sense.
But if she thinks she needs to have some 'me' time, then you can only repsect her wishes. Feel free to be her friend, but do remind her from time to time that if a chance ever presents itself for something more between the two of you, you'll take it.
(Else you'll be stuck in that 'he's just a friend' category)

You don't have to actually follow with your words, but we girls are kinda dumb at times when we have male friends who we get comfy with and automatically shut you out from 'potential bf' category. There's no harm in reminding us that you'd like to be more than friends once in a while, especially since you guys already met to "test the waters", let's say.

But yeah *hug* - hope you're not too despondant anyways, you seem to have a charming aspect to you, I doubt you're someone who'll stay single for too long if you're willing to try.
Right well, I'll be her friend sure, but I can't just stick around in this mode of "limbo". If someone else comes along and I start to feel for them then I guess that's that. But I get the feeling that she wouldn't be too upset or anything if it did happen. I just hope she's okay with this mentality in the future with her life. I personally don't think it's healthy, but whatever.

I now have this subtle urge to contact the girl I unintentionally made out with on Halloween. I think that's my desperate side speaking out though because of tonight's recent events.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2008-11-10, 01:18   Link #948
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

If someone else comes along, then sure go ahead with that. No need to "wait" for her at all, i was just saying, if there's a time when she opens up to you or feels more comfy with you again, remind her of how you really feel before she freaks out again all of a sudden.
Her mentality isn't healthy, but heh speaking out of experience, if we don't get our act together and give ourselves a chance, life will take the reigns and do it for us by giving us no choice.
She thinks '24', but I'm guessing she won't be able to hold her resolve for long, maybe 2 years or so, but if someone in the future wants to fight for her and she falls for them, she'll be fighting only herself at that point.
We have a tendency to change our minds once our hearts are captured or sometimes with the right person, we decide to finally take that 'risk' even if we feel that it'll fall apart at the end, emotions can be fickle things.

As for the halloween one, if you contact her, what will you say?
For what reason do you even wanna contact her? :\
(also if you forgot, just read your previous post on your decision to leave things be, lol)

Let a few days pass, see how you feel then before doing anything rash.

Old 2008-11-10, 01:56   Link #949
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
If someone else comes along, then sure go ahead with that. No need to "wait" for her at all, i was just saying, if there's a time when she opens up to you or feels more comfy with you again, remind her of how you really feel before she freaks out again all of a sudden.
Her mentality isn't healthy, but heh speaking out of experience, if we don't get our act together and give ourselves a chance, life will take the reigns and do it for us by giving us no choice.
She thinks '24', but I'm guessing she won't be able to hold her resolve for long, maybe 2 years or so, but if someone in the future wants to fight for her and she falls for them, she'll be fighting only herself at that point.
We have a tendency to change our minds once our hearts are captured or sometimes with the right person, we decide to finally take that 'risk' even if we feel that it'll fall apart at the end, emotions can be fickle things.

As for the halloween one, if you contact her, what will you say?
For what reason do you even wanna contact her? :\
(also if you forgot, just read your previous post on your decision to leave things be, lol)

Let a few days pass, see how you feel then before doing anything rash.
Right, I don't know what I would say exactly to the girl I inadvertently associated with that night. I decided not to moments ago. I think it's just a side of me lashing out in some form emotional redemption. Ironically the same thing that the girl appeared to be doing to me on Halloween. I'll let a few days pass to get my mind off of all of this mess...and try to focus on school. As for this current person who I apparently just had a falling out with, she said she wanted to be left alone when we parted ways tonight. I'll give it a week, if she doesn't contact me I'll contact her one last time to she how he's doing and hopefully come up with some ultimatum with what's going on. This may sound mean, but if we were to be friends I just don't see myself hanging out with her on a consistent basis. Maybe that kind of thinking will change in a few days, but I honestly think being around her as a friend would make me feel worse.

This also may sound mean, but I really can't stand it when people get cold feet and change their minds at the very last moment. And that's just about anything in life. It's by far my number one pet peeve.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2008-11-10, 03:13   Link #950
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Quote:
This also may sound mean, but I really can't stand it when people get cold feet and change their minds at the very last moment. And that's just about anything in life. It's by far my number one pet peeve.
The alternative would have been that she goes ahead with things feeling unsure, confused, not fully commited which to me feels more of an insult that someone who 'thought' they were okay with a situation, but when push came to shove they couldn't go ahead with it.
As i said, it must be frustrating for ya, so I can understand you feeling a lil despondant, but remember that you're dealing with matters of the heart here.
Sadly, everything isn't so straightforward as we'd like them to be somedays

Old 2008-11-10, 03:39   Link #951
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
The alternative would have been that she goes ahead with things feeling unsure, confused, not fully commited which to me feels more of an insult that someone who 'thought' they were okay with a situation, but when push came to shove they couldn't go ahead with it.
As i said, it must be frustrating for ya, so I can understand you feeling a lil despondant, but remember that you're dealing with matters of the heart here.
Sadly, everything isn't so straightforward as we'd like them to be somedays
I'm not saying I'd rather have the alternative. I wouldn't want her to feel uncomfortable, but at the same time be willing to do things based on what her heart is actually telling her...and I don't think that's the case here. I really just hope she isn't putting off everything because of some philosophy she thinks she should abide by but she's actually divided internally about it. I know I don't know everyone's personal experiences, but it just doesn't logical to abide by that course of action. I was raised by the notion that you should always do what you feel is right...even if the alternative seems like the better course of action to take.

Yes I am a little bitter because I went through A LOT of trouble the past two days to make Sunday special...and things just change in an instant. I'll get over it, but this experience has definitely taught me something about some females. I just can't see myself treating another human being like that. Honestly I think it's a little rude...and I personally feel a little humiliated. Perhaps I should be more mad at myself for overlooking this scenario.

I just can't wait for several days to pass so I'll feel better about all of this.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2008-11-10, 23:39   Link #952
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
I'm not saying I'd rather have the alternative. I wouldn't want her to feel uncomfortable, but at the same time be willing to do things based on what her heart is actually telling her...and I don't think that's the case here. I really just hope she isn't putting off everything because of some philosophy she thinks she should abide by but she's actually divided internally about it. I know I don't know everyone's personal experiences, but it just doesn't logical to abide by that course of action. I was raised by the notion that you should always do what you feel is right...even if the alternative seems like the better course of action to take.

Yes I am a little bitter because I went through A LOT of trouble the past two days to make Sunday special...and things just change in an instant. I'll get over it, but this experience has definitely taught me something about some females. I just can't see myself treating another human being like that. Honestly I think it's a little rude...and I personally feel a little humiliated. Perhaps I should be more mad at myself for overlooking this scenario.

I just can't wait for several days to pass so I'll feel better about all of this.
This is potentially a good learning experience. I don't really have any advice, but I do have some comments to make.

First, your disappointment is understandable. I'm an idealist and a daydreamer, which is one deadly combination: on top of feeling disappointed, I'd feel silly/foolish for having thought ahead to an ideal, romantic scenario (I'd probably already be calculating marriage or which house to buy and how many children to have - until reality arrives, nothing is impossible unless you set it to be so). I don't know if your disappointment and resentment stems from the same reasons as mine would, but if so, it isn't fully fair to blame it on her.

The second remark I wanted to make deals with my own experiences with Chinese-American culture, particularly when it's close to the full-Chinese culture. My girlfriend is Chinese American, and while her father is very Americanized her mother came over to America as a teenager or so. She was raised with the belief that she would not even begin to date anyone until she had finished with school and was working. Since she aspired to be a doctor, there was a chance that she wouldn't begin dating until she was 32. In my opinion that's setting yourself up for disaster or being single for the rest of your life. The girl you're dealing with reminded me of that. (Clearly, since she's my girlfriend and has been for what's coming on three years, that notion didn't stick very well )

Despite the fact that my girlfriend initially broke with her parents' wishes, parental dealings and control are a bit alien to me. I come from a Jewish background. We're very open and frank with each other. We don't share every little secret, but there's open communication and plenty of disagreement. For my girlfriend, things are very different. Her worst fears never happened to us, but they played out for a friend of hers (also Chinese American). Her friend started dating in college around the age of 19 or 20, I believe. Her parents probably had given her the same lectures about how she was not allowed to date until she was done with school. Her parents didn't live anywhere near where their daughter was attending school, but apparently when they found out she was dating they flew out, unannounced, had a sit-down with their daughter and her boyfriend, and broke them up. That must be one of the worst things to go through. (The daughter simply began to secretely date behind their back.)

So it sounds like the girl you're dealing with has all of that, on top of a potentially abusive relationship in her past. While it may turn out that I'm being a devil's advocate here, I'd say that it might be worth it to cut the girl some slack and let her think things through. I don't know how it is from the female side, but I'm sure it's pretty complicated. She clearly wanted to get with you (unless she broke up with her ex-boyfriend recently, in which case you might have been a rebound), but there are a lot of factors holding her back.

Give it some time, and try not to take it too personally. Keep your standards high, but your expectations low. Above all, remember that this doesn't reflect on you. You're a great guy and any girl would be damn lucky to be in your arms.
Old 2008-11-11, 00:36   Link #953
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
This is potentially a good learning experience. I don't really have any advice, but I do have some comments to make.

First, your disappointment is understandable. I'm an idealist and a daydreamer, which is one deadly combination: on top of feeling disappointed, I'd feel silly/foolish for having thought ahead to an ideal, romantic scenario (I'd probably already be calculating marriage or which house to buy and how many children to have - until reality arrives, nothing is impossible unless you set it to be so). I don't know if your disappointment and resentment stems from the same reasons as mine would, but if so, it isn't fully fair to blame it on her.

The second remark I wanted to make deals with my own experiences with Chinese-American culture, particularly when it's close to the full-Chinese culture. My girlfriend is Chinese American, and while her father is very Americanized her mother came over to America as a teenager or so. She was raised with the belief that she would not even begin to date anyone until she had finished with school and was working. Since she aspired to be a doctor, there was a chance that she wouldn't begin dating until she was 32. In my opinion that's setting yourself up for disaster or being single for the rest of your life. The girl you're dealing with reminded me of that. (Clearly, since she's my girlfriend and has been for what's coming on three years, that notion didn't stick very well )

Despite the fact that my girlfriend initially broke with her parents' wishes, parental dealings and control are a bit alien to me. I come from a Jewish background. We're very open and frank with each other. We don't share every little secret, but there's open communication and plenty of disagreement. For my girlfriend, things are very different. Her worst fears never happened to us, but they played out for a friend of hers (also Chinese American). Her friend started dating in college around the age of 19 or 20, I believe. Her parents probably had given her the same lectures about how she was not allowed to date until she was done with school. Her parents didn't live anywhere near where their daughter was attending school, but apparently when they found out she was dating they flew out, unannounced, had a sit-down with their daughter and her boyfriend, and broke them up. That must be one of the worst things to go through. (The daughter simply began to secretely date behind their back.)

So it sounds like the girl you're dealing with has all of that, on top of a potentially abusive relationship in her past. While it may turn out that I'm being a devil's advocate here, I'd say that it might be worth it to cut the girl some slack and let her think things through. I don't know how it is from the female side, but I'm sure it's pretty complicated. She clearly wanted to get with you (unless she broke up with her ex-boyfriend recently, in which case you might have been a rebound), but there are a lot of factors holding her back.

Give it some time, and try not to take it too personally. Keep your standards high, but your expectations low. Above all, remember that this doesn't reflect on you. You're a great guy and any girl would be damn lucky to be in your arms.
Right well, like I said I don't think I would do that to someone else. Come on strong to them and then afterwards totally change my tune. I mean I think you'd understand if you were in my position. She may have had some bad experiences, but...I really don't think that excuses being inconsiderate just to make yourself feel comfortable. It's rude and selfish. She was telling me that things are moving too fast and that I should get to know her...as if it was my fault. And I guess now she's pulling the silent treatment or something. I haven't tried contacting her, but...yeah I think this is honestly ridiculous. Maybe it's just me, but I'm kind of a decisive individual that really doesn't like to beat around the bush and play games. Like I said getting cold feet is my number one pet peeve.

I don't think I should be responsible for people's idealistic and daydreaming kind of persona...especially if they come on to me first. If you have your mind set on something then...F-ing do it. Geez.

As you can tell I'm still a little angry. I thought I wasn't before, but two days later I'm really starting to feel the effects. Now that I think of it I believe I'm going to break off all communication from this person. Honestly I think that's the only remedy that will make me feel better faster. Besides, I think she's done talking to me anyways...even though I did nothing wrong. Apparently being an adult about all of this isn't in her agenda. So out goes the AIM screen name, phone number, and maybe Facebook. If she wants to contact me I won't show any malice, but...yeah I'm pretty agitated inside.

Oh well, plenty of fish left in the sea.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2008-11-11, 00:55   Link #954
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Right well, like I said I don't think I would do that to someone else. Come on strong to them and then afterwards totally change my tune. I mean I think you'd understand if you were in my position.
I think I do, but what are you so upset about? You say that you dislike indecisiveness, and that's fine, but this wasn't just a matter of being indecisive. Are you disappointed about the outcome?

Quote:
She may have had some bad experiences, but...I really don't think that excuses being inconsiderate just to make yourself feel comfortable. It's rude and selfish. She was telling me that things are moving too fast and that I should get to know her...as if it was my fault.
I'm not in a position to say whether she was being rude of selfish as I've never suffered any "emotional craters" over a relationship. I don't think anyone can really say whether she was just making it up or whether she was really feeling excited and scared at the same time.

Based off of the text that you've written, I didn't see it as that she was blaming you. Or even if she was, isn't that the stereotype - that the male is usually the one to move faster than the female? I wasn't there to hear it and the tone she said it in, though. You could be right, but... give the benefit of the doubt and all that.

Quote:
And I guess now she's pulling the silent treatment or something. I haven't tried contacting her, but...yeah I think this is honestly ridiculous. Maybe it's just me, but I'm kind of a decisive individual that really doesn't like to beat around the bush and play games. Like I said getting cold feet is my number one pet peeve.

I don't think I should be responsible for people's idealistic and daydreaming kind of persona...especially if they come on to me first. If you have your mind set on something then...F-ing do it. Geez.
I don't think there are many girls (maybe even people in general) who will be direct. In many ways, you and I are no exceptions, though. Either way, of the two females that I've been close to outside of my life, indecisiveness (or lack of being direct) is and was not uncommon. Girls say they hate being indirect and they hate playing games, but they do it anyway. Not all girls, I'm sure, but this is something that takes a bit of tolerance and getting used to. (Rough example: my girlfriend will often tell me that she's full and that I need to finish the rest of our dinner, even though I know she's still very hungry. I have to put on the biggest show about how I'm overly stuffed and can't eat anymore, and then she'll happily continue eating. I think when I first discovered all of this it annoyed me that she wouldn't just take what she wanted and that I had to read between the lines, but I've learned to grow to love it and I guess it's something we both find fun now, silly as it may sound.)

Quote:
As you can tell I'm still a little angry. I thought I wasn't before, but two days later I'm really starting to feel the effects. Now that I think of it I believe I'm going to break off all communication from this person. Honestly I think that's the only remedy that will make me feel better faster. Besides, I think she's done talking to me anyways...even though I did nothing wrong.
You didn't do anything wrong, but this may not be about you at this point. For all we know, maybe she's waiting for you to try and get to know her better (that is, contact her). Her request that you let her be alone at the end of your outing puts you in a rough spot.

Either way, if you're angry with her then whether either of you contact the other, the likelihood of anything favorable happening are pretty low. Not that it matters - you're not in this to hook up with just anyone, you want a good match. As an observer who wasn't there, it just seems to me that you're working yourself up over this idea that she was blaming you for something when in reality there's nothing to really be upset about. I could very easily be wrong, but I'd think that your anger is truly derived from your feeling spurned and disappointed over the way it played out, and you're shifting that anger into blaming her for the way things turned out and her unjustified coldness and perceived blame against you.

Whether I'm right or wrong, you're correct in saying that there are other fish in the sea. Just... don't take that attitude too often. As of now you have no obligations or committment to this girl, so it doesn't matter. I've seen a lot of people take that attitude when a problem develops in their relationship, and it's a fast way to break something apart. As I said, this is a learning experience - less so about the girl, and more so about your own feelings and reactions.
Old 2008-11-11, 03:02   Link #955
Samari
World's Greatest

Well I've calmed down a little bit since I last posted. Thought about things a little more and tried to relax. I'm not going to class tomorrow. This situation and some other issues in my life have given me all I can handle. I think I need a break to try and regain my concentration. So no Still Life painting on Tuesday.

After I deleted her phone number and AIM screen name I came across something I didn't expect...guilt. I experienced guilt for being angry and holding a grudge against this girl who most likely just doesn't know how to handle these strong feelings. I remember her saying "it's my fault" and I had to reassure her that it wasn't. Then I started to think it really was her fault. My emotions have been in flux...and I don't like not being able to control my emotions like that. It's unsettling. I'm still as direct a person as I was, but...I will cut this person some slack. She's young and had some problems in her past. I guess I maybe was disappointed with the outcome...especially after all of those conversations we had over the phone for hours and hours. But the honest truth is that I barely knew this girl and the initial spark may have just died out by Sunday evening when we finally met up. I put her AIM screen name and phone number back where they were. If she doesn't want to talk to me that's fine. I'm going to talk to her in a week and see where we stand...even if it's as friends which is fine. I would be disappointed if she didn't want to ever talk again and shuts me out of her life entirely, but...if that's her choice then there's nothing I can do.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2008-11-11, 04:20   Link #956
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
(Rough example: my girlfriend will often tell me that she's full and that I need to finish the rest of our dinner, even though I know she's still very hungry. I have to put on the biggest show about how I'm overly stuffed and can't eat anymore, and then she'll happily continue eating. I think when I first discovered all of this it annoyed me that she wouldn't just take what she wanted and that I had to read between the lines, but I've learned to grow to love it and I guess it's something we both find fun now, silly as it may sound.)
It's weird right? My girlfriend eats from really small plates, as if to get across her rationed diet, but then keeps refilling until she's pretty much had a large portion. I think it's more of a self-gratifying measure than anything else.

Quote:
I guess I maybe was disappointed with the outcome...especially after all of those conversations we had over the phone for hours and hours. But the honest truth is that I barely knew this girl and the initial spark may have just died out by Sunday evening when we finally met up. I put her AIM screen name and phone number back where they were. If she doesn't want to talk to me that's fine. I'm going to talk to her in a week and see where we stand...even if it's as friends which is fine. I would be disappointed if she didn't want to ever talk again and shuts me out of her life entirely, but...if that's her choice then there's nothing I can do.
I've been through some similar experiences too. My friend set me up with a girl from another school, who was best friends with this same guys girlfriend. We could potentially have hit it off, we went ice skating and everything, but then my friend and his girlfriend fell out quite bitterly. He prank called her and that pretty much ruined any relationship between me and the other girl. She seemed convinced that I played some part in the prank call and just cut off all communications with me. That was annoying...
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 06:07   Link #957
Samari
World's Greatest

Bleh, talked to her on AIM tonight. I couldn't help it. She talked back, but still seemed a little..."cold".

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2008-11-11, 15:36   Link #958
H23

Quote:
Bleh, talked to her on AIM tonight. I couldn't help it. She talked back, but still seemed a little..."cold".
leave her be for now.. ignore her and let her do the "chasing" now if she's really interested. if not, then screw it and move on
Old 2008-11-11, 16:27   Link #959
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Quote:
I usually remain silent when it comes to someone's affairs, but honestly I can't bear to hear this. Keep in mind, you don't have to listen to my advice, but I strongly recommend you follow it. She clearly had a spur of the moment crush that was abruptly stopped because of family affairs (or so she says). If you are actually interested in this person, it's going to require some work. You're going to have to reignite whatever she saw in you, and fast. I suggest finding some sort of large festival or local event that will leave breathing room and fun to be had. It is important that you try to not make this seem like a date as much as possible, she will hopefully feel comfortable around you. Try being as sociable as you were at the party, and don't barrage her with questions or accusations. If possible, try not buy a meal other than vendor snacks, and absolutely keep it fast paced. Try to break the night off with more to be desired, or abruptly. Last impressions are absolutely dire to the situation, so try to seem seductive yet friendly...the best way to describe it is "open". After this point, anything she does is of her own accord, and is up to her if she finds you interesting or not.

Hope I helped you out.
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 17:04   Link #960
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKGLUTTON View Post
I usually remain silent when it comes to someone's affairs, but honestly I can't bear to hear this. Keep in mind, you don't have to listen to my advice, but I strongly recommend you follow it. She clearly had a spur of the moment crush that was abruptly stopped because of family affairs (or so she says). If you are actually interested in this person, it's going to require some work. You're going to have to reignite whatever she saw in you, and fast. I suggest finding some sort of large festival or local event that will leave breathing room and fun to be had. It is important that you try to not make this seem like a date as much as possible, she will hopefully feel comfortable around you. Try being as sociable as you were at the party, and don't barrage her with questions or accusations. If possible, try not buy a meal other than vendor snacks, and absolutely keep it fast paced. Try to break the night off with more to be desired, or abruptly. Last impressions are absolutely dire to the situation, so try to seem seductive yet friendly...the best way to describe it is "open". After this point, anything she does is of her own accord, and is up to her if she finds you interesting or not.

Hope I helped you out.
Thanks, but...I think I've finally given up. I should move on. No malice intended towards her part, but...yes like I said there are plenty of fish in the sea. Oh well.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom