AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-01, 07:23   Link #1261
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Do we really need to know that? I'd prefer if we found out more about Bilrer's motivation or Megaroad 01, myself.
Bilrer was a hardcore minmay fan !
Old 2008-10-01, 07:31   Link #1262
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Sure, but is that all there is to it? Seems like too much megalomania just to see what happened to one long lost idol, wouldn't you say so?

Old 2008-10-01, 07:32   Link #1263
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
offtopic:
tak, if you need more beer, come to munich. atm you are missing the octoberfest!
No thanks. I like drinking beer with significantly less people than the usual crowd. That, and I'd rather be in Frankfurt.

But really now, for the salute, when we first seen it, most of us were pretty content with it just being a DYRL reference. And in every Japanese blog, post or article, I've seen nobody questioning its validity of it focusing on Sheryl and Alto.

Then Ranka fans would jump on the boat and suspect it. Really, does empowering Sheryl gives them so much goosebumps? You know, there are a lot of scenes in Frontier involving Ranka that we could have easily twisted (like how you people twist yours) to fit whatever it is that we desire in our shipping. We just don't, because it was not necessary, nor are we going to lose our confidence just because there was moe on screen.

Perhaps its time Ranka shippers strengthen their boat rather than trying to sink ours, because you know, its becoming less and less shipping worthy.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-10-01, 07:35   Link #1264
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Maybe we could just ignore the pointless baiting, from now on? And, you know, continue discussing worthy points, like we excel at? Huh? Huh? Pretty please?

Old 2008-10-01, 07:38   Link #1265
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
And you know how fans can react when they can't get their hands on the things they want? Big scale otaku with big founds using latest technology. Grace may have a candidate for her throne of the no.1 villain.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-10-01, 07:40   Link #1266
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
And you know how fans can react when they can't get their hands on the things they want? Big scale otaku with big founds using latest technology. Grace may have a candidate for her throne of the no.1 villain.
Hahahahah... The biggest otaku in the universe?

Old 2008-10-01, 07:49   Link #1267
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
Doesnt need to be a otaku to want fold technology that ignores fold wave disruption and since Vajra are the only ones that produce the fold crystal, it would meant monopoly for Bilrer on such devices.

But Grace is much more ambitious though with her plans to assimilate everything into her internet XD
Old 2008-10-01, 08:07   Link #1268
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Doesnt need to be a otaku to want fold technology that ignores fold wave disruption and since Vajra are the only ones that produce the fold crystal, it would meant monopoly for Bilrer on such devices.

But Grace is much more ambitious though with her plans to assimilate everything into her internet XD
That's true, but Biller has a soul of a true otaku. He carries a picture of his affection and... talks to it.

Quote:
Hahahahah... The biggest otaku in the universe?
He's probably the biggest shipper as well

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-10-01, 08:26   Link #1269
glyph

Quote:

From what Bilrer's explanation about fold quartz and how LAI already had a prototype fold reactor in the works before they started harvesting the Vajra(which Luca recognized as being similar to the Vajra), and how everyone already knows what fold quartz is, it's more like the Vajra have the ability to naturally process and refine the stuff from the raw material more efficiently compared to artificial means.
Old 2008-10-01, 08:46   Link #1270
elfboy

If they can create an incredible machine like Grace, you'd have thunk that Bilrer would have thought, hey, I'll make a Lynn Minmei robot companion.

So is he really just a fan boy, or a lust-crazed madman? Is there a difference? News at 11.

Refinery angle is pretty cool, sorta like how anammox bacteria synthesize rocket fuel hydrazine. Does this mean Sheryl's earrings are made out of Vajra droppings? Ewww...
Old 2008-10-01, 08:50   Link #1271
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfboy View Post
If they can create an incredible machine like Grace, you'd have thunk that Bilrer would have thought, hey, I'll make a Lynn Minmei robot companion.
What makes you think he hasn't? We know he's got a robot maid, but that's probably not all he has.
Old 2008-10-01, 09:39   Link #1272
golthin

Quote:
Sure, but is that all there is to it? Seems like too much megalomania just to see what happened to one long lost idol, wouldn't you say so?
I think he was hoping to use the Vajra network to find where Minmay is. That might still be possible with the help of Ranka and Sheryl!
Old 2008-10-01, 09:42   Link #1273
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Sure, but is that all? Guess I'll have to hope the movie explains more about it...

Old 2008-10-01, 10:00   Link #1274
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What makes you think he hasn't? We know he's got a robot maid, but that's probably not all he has.
Huh, wha? The maid looked pretty alive to me...
Old 2008-10-01, 10:06   Link #1275
glyph

Quote:
Sure, but is that all? Guess I'll have to hope the movie explains more about it...
Well, seeing how Kawamori tricked us with the fake SDF-1/Global, we still don't know if that was the actual Minmay he is looking for. Or the actress who played Minmay in DYRL. Or someone cosplaying as Minmay.

We don't know if finding Minmay is his only goal, and or if he connected to the fold network through the fold quartz jewellery like Alto during the battle, or if he succeeded (or failed) to see Minmay (why would Minmay be connected to Vajra.net anyway? Unless those purple DYRL earrings of hers are actually fold quartz ).

We don't even know if he is in league with Galaxy or SMS or even where he is physically right now (because he only showed up as a hologram in Leon's office).

That photo brought up more unanswered questions than answers...

Last edited by glyph; 2008-10-01 at 10:18.
Old 2008-10-01, 10:06   Link #1276
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I kinda recall him referring to the maid as "not real" or something like that... don't have the episode at hand, tho.

EDIT ADD: glyph, yes, I agree. Too much could be assumed from that, just to have it go to waste. Hope the movie covers at least some of it.

Old 2008-10-01, 10:08   Link #1277
magnuskn

Quote:
I kinda recall him referring to the maid as "not real" or something like that... don't have the episode at hand, tho.
Uh, no, he didnīt. ^^ At least not in the sub I have seen.
Old 2008-10-01, 11:13   Link #1278
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
yay a GSD ending....
Old 2008-10-01, 12:12   Link #1279
Elandyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
this is all caused because of poor uniformity. there is no way that both stages could be side by side as it seemed they were. Battle Quarter was ahead of Battle Frontier. I really don't care anymore if Alto Saluted both girls or just Sheryl, just because the animators didn't bother to pay attention to detail we get this big argument.
Are you dense or something?

I have Already explained that this is exactly how the scene is supposed to look, and that it also makes perfect sense.

The Panoramic views that both Ranka and Sheryl have are NOT just windows giving straight out in the void, but also COMPUTER VIDEO SCREENS, magnifying and showing whatever the heck they want to be shown at moment x.

Ranka's view does NOT show Alto's VF but magnifies Sheryl's (Battle Frontier) control center, while Alto gets specificalyl in Sheryl's view.
You can consider it iffy all you want, but the director specifically puts Alto in Sheryl's view and Not Ranka's. That is all we need to know to determine who the salute is for, and which couple is having a moment together before the fight.

pic1:
Ranka, no Alto

pic2: Sheryl + Alto

pic 3: Sheryl + Alto, Ranka ignoring Alto becasue -she can't frickin see him- because he is magnified only for Sheryl

pic 4: Sheryl responds to the salute while Ranka is still oblivious and looking -away- - because she still hasn't seen Alto's VF! -

From Sheryl's look straight into the video com, I even think that Alto opened a private channel to her while he was talking to her.

I think I'm going to leave it at that, the denseness is getting to me
Old 2008-10-01, 12:26   Link #1280
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Well, seeing how Kawamori tricked us with the fake SDF-1/Global, we still don't know if that was the actual Minmay he is looking for. Or the actress who played Minmay in DYRL. Or someone cosplaying as Minmay.

We don't know if finding Minmay is his only goal, and or if he connected to the fold network through the fold quartz jewellery like Alto during the battle, or if he succeeded (or failed) to see Minmay (why would Minmay be connected to Vajra.net anyway? Unless those purple DYRL earrings of hers are actually fold quartz ).
I was thinking that he hoped to connect to the Vajra network and use them to 'see' around the galaxy. Since the network is the Vajra themselves each Vajra is like an observer and connecting to the network would like one 'see' what they see and greatly reduce the time needed to search for Minmay with the Vajra already spread out all over the galaxy.
Closed Thread