AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-01, 16:39   Link #14201
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

There are other stories in vampires where there were two kinds of vampires. Those who were born vampires and those were were turned. The turned were usually look down upon by the purebloods.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 19:19   Link #14202
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Well, whatever effects Tsukune in any state, I believe also relies on how much blood he has in him at the time. Because if you recall, both times that he went berserk he had sustained major injuries where he lost a lot of blood, so perhaps why his ghoulish nature comes out is that this human and vampire blood balance was upset, so his human blood was getting overwhelmed by the primal instints of his vampire blood.

As Moka stated a vampire's blood IS their power, so because Tsukune is only half vampire thanks to Moka, he still have his human blood to sate the cravings of blood so he doesn't always hunger for it. So given time to recover this balance Tsukune can keep his head while using the power so long as he doesn't get too injured and loose blood. Because his human blood takes longer to regenerate than his vampire blood, which seems to be faster in restoring him and his vampire blood supply to keep him alive does this much faster. Then as time goes on, his human blood gets back up in it's normal levels. Thus probably why he was craving Moka's blood was because he had one: just been turned and two, he was still recovering from his last ordeal and his blood balance hadn't been established yet.

Though through all this, Tsukune has been slowly training those instincts to be less about simply killing, and more about differentiating friend from foe, and beating down foes while protecting friends. Kinda like how one would program a smart ballistic missile to know what to take out, and which foe to take out first that might be threatening a friendly target, sort of speak.

His second ghoul transformation proved that this was working quite well. Because he had transformed while still in the prison cell with the knife wielding spider dude and Moka, if he was truly berserk, he would have attacked Moka, and then the others before even going after the doppleganger. So at least he had enough sense to know those important differences.
Old 2010-06-01, 19:25   Link #14203
GrimJack

volume seven cover is out

also the colour page from next issue is also out

Spoiler:
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 19:34   Link #14204
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Well, whatever effects Tsukune in any state, I believe also relies on how much blood he has in him at the time. Because if you recall, both times that he went berserk he had sustained major injuries where he lost a lot of blood, so perhaps why his ghoulish nature comes out is that this human and vampire blood balance was upset, so his human blood was getting overwhelmed by the primal instints of his vampire blood.

As Moka stated a vampire's blood IS their power, so because Tsukune is only half vampire thanks to Moka, he still have his human blood to sate the cravings of blood so he doesn't always hunger for it. So given time to recover this balance Tsukune can keep his head while using the power so long as he doesn't get too injured and loose blood. Because his human blood takes longer to regenerate than his vampire blood, which seems to be faster in restoring him and his vampire blood supply to keep him alive does this much faster. Then as time goes on, his human blood gets back up in it's normal levels. Thus probably why he was craving Moka's blood was because he had one: just been turned and two, he was still recovering from his last ordeal and his blood balance hadn't been established yet.

Though through all this, Tsukune has been slowly training those instincts to be less about simply killing, and more about differentiating friend from foe, and beating down foes while protecting friends. Kinda like how one would program a smart ballistic missile to know what to take out, and which foe to take out first that might be threatening a friendly target, sort of speak.

His second ghoul transformation proved that this was working quite well. Because he had transformed while still in the prison cell with the knife wielding spider dude and Moka, if he was truly berserk, he would have attacked Moka, and then the others before even going after the doppleganger. So at least he had enough sense to know those important differences.
Vampires as we know, don't need blood to survive in this series. It's more of a primal instinct. Tsukune gained this thirst but decided to fight it of those important to him. I believe Tsukune is still holding back this entire time.

You can't really have two kinds of blood, if you look at it scientifically. It's more of a transfusion and the lock just suppresses the youki within the blood. Causing the "active" component of his new blood to lay dormant, although there are changes he can't ignore, because even without pulling forth the strength of his youki Tsukune is still super human in terms of strength and speed.
Old 2010-06-01, 19:36   Link #14205
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post

Spoiler:
Looks great but is there anything larger

Akuha looks menacing in that dark atmosphere!
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 19:44   Link #14206
Xagzan

Quote:

Spoiler:
I still think the mother is the hottest member of the Wong family.

And it's kinda hard to see there but is Aqua in her loli form there?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 21:38   Link #14207
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Ah yes, the Ghoul discussion... remember, the scan said he was like a ghoul... I don't have the original Japanese RAW to see what it might've originally been and if anything was lost in translation, but that's why whenever we bring up the term "ghoul", I put in "berserk vampire' instead. In fact, hundreds of pages ago, it was agreed that "berserk vampire" is probably the better term, since that's the best way to describe a ghoul, and as we know, Tsukune wasn't exactly truly dead

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 22:07   Link #14208
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Y'know...the older sister doesn't look half bad...for being already dead... A shame since its safe to say that none of use are into necrophilia by any stretch. Vampire girls...sure. Succubus...why not. Demon girls...if she's hawt, yeah. Dead girls.....nope, nada.

And of course, Akuha - easily the newest top contender in the 'Deadilest Loli' contest.
Old 2010-06-01, 22:22   Link #14209
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Since when is the older sister dead? If you're going to play that card, then Tsukune might as well be in love with a corpse (though one helluva hot corpse at that)

Let's just go with "vampires are extremely powerful supernatural creatures" in this manga, thank you...

Old 2010-06-01, 22:29   Link #14210
RexDraco
Dragon King

Location: Internet writing fanfictions, novels, and doing art
Send a message via AIM to RexDraco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Since when is the older sister dead? If you're going to play that card, then Tsukune might as well be in love with a corpse (though one helluva hot corpse at that)

Let's just go with "vampires are extremely powerful supernatural creatures" in this manga, thank you...
lo lI would hope, most modern Vampries no longer fall under the classification of undead.

Every time you review a fanfiction, a chapter gets complete.
RexDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 22:33   Link #14211
Xagzan

Quote:
I think he meant Ling Ling, cause I said the mother was the hottest member of the Wongs.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 22:50   Link #14212
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

He was referring to Wong's sister. Not Akuha
Old 2010-06-01, 23:03   Link #14213
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

The way you can tell I need to get my arse up with the scanlations: anytime I hear the term "older/eldest sister", well, you know who I think of...

Old 2010-06-02, 00:40   Link #14214
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I mentioned Akuha in a completely different sentance...! This is why one shouldn't stay up too late on Animesuki....

I couldn't think of Ling Ling's name off the top of my head at first, but I'm right - for being 'already dead' she's pretty hawt. If zombies started to look like she does, well~, zombie movies will have an entirely new classification.
Old 2010-06-02, 01:08   Link #14215
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
I wouldn't really say so, considering the last time Tsukune went berserk, he was simply knocked out cold. He hadn't really lost a lot of blood. The other times you may be referring to was before Tsukune completely lost it for the first time in the warehouse against the outcast Ayashi. And as HayashiTakara said, what you say isn't scientifically feasible because two types of blood can't flow separately in a body. They mix together, and that mixture is what caused Tsukune to heal whenerver he took transfusions and eventually caused him to go berserk. If the two were separable, Tsukune's transformation could easily be undone and he would return to being a completely normal human.

Quote:
If that was true, Tsukune wouldn't need as much training as he's going through to control his power. He wouldn't even need the Holy Lock.

Quote:

The second transformation happened before his training.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 08:24   Link #14216
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

Spoiler:
Hey you beat me to it! lol Will try to find larger ones later on.
Old 2010-06-02, 08:44   Link #14217
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I mentioned Akuha in a completely different sentance...! This is why one shouldn't stay up too late on Animesuki....

I couldn't think of Ling Ling's name off the top of my head at first, but I'm right - for being 'already dead' she's pretty hawt. If zombies started to look like she does, well~, zombie movies will have an entirely new classification.
"Night of the Living Hotties"?
Old 2010-06-02, 08:56   Link #14218
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ok here's something MANY would like

Old 2010-06-02, 09:00   Link #14219
Freeter
beyond

Inner Moka looks awesome, but someone hit Ruby with the ugly stick
Old 2010-06-02, 09:12   Link #14220
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

My eyes are only on the purple haired one.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire