AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 25
10: Amazing... 4 12.90%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 10 32.26%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 8 25.81%
7 out of 10: Good... 6 19.35%
6 out of 10: Average... 2 6.45%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-01, 21:10   Link #41
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

If only Zeheart had decided to eliminate Decil sooner he wouldn't have lost two Magicians in such a pointless battle.It makes me wonder what kind of messed up military the Vagans have. Nobody follows orders, they do whatever the hell they want and put the operation at risk. Asemu has issues following orders too, but he's a case apart.

This show is really pissing me off. These guys go out for revenge, ok I get that, I can relate to it, but to risk punishment only to not land a single kill? Are you flipping kidding me? Vagans are supposed to be "stronger" according to Dique, yet they don't land a single kill. It's time Obright, Max and Arisa buy the farm already, they are useless. We need desperately some named character deaths on the EFF side. Let Zeheart show off his X-rounder powers killing Woolf, Obright and Arisa, and Decil ram his Chronos into the bridge killing a couple bridge bunnies and maiming Flit.
Old 2012-04-01, 21:11   Link #42
xellos2099

The preview... it felt like the Vagan take a book of tactic from LOGH season 2... mobile fortress vs a fortress. If the worse case even if vagan lose the fight, they can just ram the mobile fortress and boom... earth defense is gone.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 21:12   Link #43
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I called the helmet causing damage when it first came up.
Old 2012-04-01, 21:23   Link #44
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I called the helmet causing damage when it first came up.
Haha, not me. I'm the type that can't usually figure things out unless it's explicitly stated... I could probably watch all 650 episodes of Detective Conan and never figure out a single mystery beforehand.

And I think it kind of makes sense that the Vagans would have a screwed up, unorganized military. They do come from awful background conditions, growing up in a completely miserable, lawless environment. I would imagine them to be uncivilized, mentally unstable wrecks that would rather just follow their bloodlust than perfectly adhere to the strict sense of organization a military operation demands. I agree that we haven't seen much happen in the war that's scarring or brutal, though; so far the series just hasn't really conveyed me the heavy atmosphere and feelings of fear/vulnerability that comes along with war, it's just been robots going pew pew with their lasers and killing nameless Vagans. Some character deaths, or other forms of real loss from the war, would certainly help out.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 21:27   Link #45
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Haha, not me. I'm the type that can't usually figure things out unless it's explicitly stated... I could probably watch all 650 episodes of Detective Conan and never figure out a single mystery beforehand.

And I think it kind of makes sense that the Vagans would have a screwed up, unorganized military. They do come from awful background conditions, growing up in a completely miserable, lawless environment. I would imagine them to be uncivilized, mentally unstable wrecks that would rather just follow their bloodlust than perfectly adhere to the strict sense of organization a military operation demands. I agree that we haven't seen much happen in the war that's scarring or brutal, though; so far the series just hasn't really conveyed me the heavy atmosphere and feelings of fear/vulnerability that comes along with war, it's just been robots going pew pew with their lasers and killing nameless Vagans. Some character deaths, or other forms of real loss from the war, would certainly help out.
We've already gotten some of that, last episode there were two magicians killed, this episode another 2 were killed (I'm mildly annoyed that Woolf killed the cute blue haired vagan chick). The problem is that there have been 0 deaths on Flit's side ever since don boyage got killed way back in the beginning.
Old 2012-04-01, 21:40   Link #46
Dr. Casey

Aye, that's basically what I meant; deaths, or some other form of loss, that have emotional impact. The Magicians 8 were pretty much just Villain of the Week material, so it didn't effect me much; the fates that befell Yurin, Grodek, and Don Boyage were nice, but they're spread far apart and overall I don't feel like the war has felt very horrific or tragic. It's a pretty dull, tepid war when most of the fallen soldiers are characters the viewer has about as much emotional investment in as a random stormtrooper.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 21:42   Link #47
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

There are a whole lot of ammos wasted on on Decil's MS... and he manage to retreat at the end...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 21:47   Link #48
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
We've already gotten some of that, last episode there were two magicians killed, this episode another 2 were killed (I'm mildly annoyed that Woolf killed the cute blue haired vagan chick). The problem is that there have been 0 deaths on Flit's side ever since don boyage got killed way back in the beginning.
I'm actually glad the good guys haven't taken too many hits. Too many great characters die. It does make for great drama and what not, but I still dislike it. I'm hoping most of our characters remain alive at the end.

*looks at Arisa*
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 22:07   Link #49
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I'm actually glad the good guys haven't taken too many hits. Too many great characters die. It does make for great drama and what not, but I still dislike it. I'm hoping most of our characters remain alive at the end.

*looks at Arisa*
well, you and I have very different tastes.

I personally like my fights like this:
Spoiler for video:

for me it's not about the outcome, because that's always a constant, good guy wins. It's how you get there. I prefer an equal exchange of blows, in this case it would be death all around. I'd personally kill Arisa, Obright, Woolf, Flit, and half of the Diva's bridge crew ala 00. "Perfect Victories" like what Terminal did to ZAFT are a big NO in my book.
Old 2012-04-01, 22:11   Link #50
atlans89
Heretic Inquisitor

Send a message via Yahoo to atlans89
brain damage? remind me of Kamile Bidan at the end of Zeta
Old 2012-04-01, 22:17   Link #51
kakakka

Quote:
well, you and I have very different tastes.

I personally like my fights like this:
Spoiler for video:

for me it's not about the outcome, because that's always a constant, good guy wins. It's how you get there. I prefer an equal exchange of blows, in this case it would be death all around. I'd personally kill Arisa, Obright, Woolf, Flit, and half of the Diva's bridge crew ala 00. "Perfect Victories" like what Terminal did to ZAFT are a big NO in my book.
Those are last battles though.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 22:25   Link #52
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Not really.

Technically speaking having a harsh background where resources are limited usually results in strict government and a militaristic one. Heck they're willing to commit suicide if they are captured in battle and such.

So in comparison to the Earth Federation they should have a strict militaristic background but they're really lax.

Quote:
Good episode, it was hilarious seeing Desil denied glorious combat with Flit.
The fact that Flit doesn't even need to be in a MS to do it says quite a lot.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 23:42   Link #53
Bashfulz
Stalker

Quote:
I'm so disappointed with this episode. They finally decided to put some faces behind the Magicians 8, only to off them in the same episode. The blue haired chick was pretty promising as a character, but Woolf had to kill her...Woolf, you deserve a thousand deaths!
Hopefully Tieria Zeheart starts the body count on the Federation side, starting with Woolf, because this is getting pathetic.
The blue-haired pilot (Mink) didnt die.. Woolf killed the purple-haired one, no idea what's her name.
Bashfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 00:24   Link #54
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashfulz View Post
The blue-haired pilot (Mink) didnt die.. Woolf killed the purple-haired one, no idea what's her name.
It's Lessi.

Strange that we have Remi romance scenes (which is good) this time with Romary entirely absent. Also that they took the effort to introduced a new girl Vegan (along with the rest of the magicians) only to get vaporized by Woolf. Thankfully, the episode focused on the Mu-cell helmetjack and its effect on Asem, instead of the supposed Flit glooming about Grodek. Also, Elisha seems suspicious...

Now Asem have to choose his path.
Old 2012-04-02, 01:12   Link #55
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

RIP Lessi

damn Earthers! I hope Woolf's demise is akin to that of Nichol's. slow and painful.
Old 2012-04-02, 02:20   Link #56
solidvanz
Special Operative

Now available in Youtube after AF's timeout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThdAk...mZaVfzRs_Ns%3D
Old 2012-04-02, 04:07   Link #57
Sides

The Flit Desil battle was nicely done. Flit fighting using the DIVA ^^ against a MS.
More and more I do get the feeling that Woolf is the better Dad figure for Asemu. Even their hair style is somehow similar...
Spoiler for about the informant/mole:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 05:06   Link #58
JediNight
キズランダム

I don't know how much longer I can continue watching this. Maybe I should just come back to it when Age3 hits...

Age1 had some poorly choreographed battles, but overall the characters were pretty good with the exception of Emily. Even Flit was realistically immature about the fighting, while still relying more on his skill than the Gundam.

Meanwhile in Age2, the more I see of Asemu the more I dislike him. He was awesome when first introduced, but I just can't stand him anymore. He's disobeyed direct orders 3-4x now in the course of a month or less? In any sane or realistic situation that pilot would be either court-martialed or grounded for a considerable amount of time.

This episode was especially egregious. For a second time he's came to battle late, leaving the rest of his comrades to fight without him. Against X-Rounders even. There better be some serious grudges against Asemu by some of the other pilots after this one.

When is enough enough? Only AFTER his selfishness has gotten someone killed? It's bad enough he has no skill and crutches on the Gundam, but now he's abusing enemy tech as even more of a crutch?

Age2 has been a disaster so far IMHO. (Even above and beyond how it makes no sense 27 years passed since Age1 and apparently nothing happens. Despite them saying the plan was now beginning. Adele JUST replaced the Genoace as the grunt unit. And only 1 other Diva-class ship was made, and not even with a cannon? 7 years for him to make the AGE system, but he can't make another one in 27 more years? Etc... So many inconsistencies.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 05:53   Link #59
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
The X-Rounder helmet causing brain damage is interesting. Random prediction: maybe he'll become severely brain damaged before this arc is over
Asemu, the second coming of Kamille Bidan? . That's if he keeps using the helmet/steals it again though.

Quote:
I'd personally kill Arisa, Obright, Woolf, Flit, and half of the Diva's bridge crew ala 00. "Perfect Victories" like what Terminal did to ZAFT are a big NO in my book.
T-Tomino the killer! . Agreed that you need to show loses on both sides though. And not just random mooks <_<...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Meanwhile in Age2, the more I see of Asemu the more I dislike him. He was awesome when first introduced, but I just can't stand him anymore. He's disobeyed direct orders 3-4x now in the course of a month or less? In any sane or realistic situation that pilot would be either court-martialed or grounded for a considerable amount of time.
Gee, you act as if the main character of a Gundam series ignoring orders/acting selfishly was unique to this particular Gundam series

Quote:
This episode was especially egregious. For a second time he's came to battle late, leaving the rest of his comrades to fight without him. Against X-Rounders even. There better be some serious grudges against Asemu by some of the other pilots after this one.
True, but then again, we musn't forget that after being outclassed by Zeheart all these times, he sort of feels that only an X-rounder can beat an X-rounder, so it's not strange that he might've thought that if he didn't take the helmet, they'd all have been dead meat.

Quote:
When is enough enough? Only AFTER his selfishness has gotten someone killed? It's bad enough he has no skill and crutches on the Gundam, but now he's abusing enemy tech as even more of a crutch?
No skill? He scored very high on that test, you know. It's just that he has little to no ability, X-rounder-wise. And Woolf seems confindent enough that Asemu'd make it if he'd only focus on his existing skills rather than just focusing on the X-rounder aspect of it.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 06:09   Link #60
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
The Flit Desil battle was nicely done. Flit fighting using the DIVA ^^ against a MS.
More and more I do get the feeling that Woolf is the better Dad figure for Asemu. Even their hair style is somehow similar...
Spoiler for about the informant/mole:
I'm hoping for more scenes like this. A capital ship's weapons actually functioning as design.

Elisha could be a red herring, but she's in the bridge of the only Gundam equiped ship in the EFF and the main vegan supercarrier did showed up at Nortram, probably to counter the waiting Amadeus fleet. Plus Elisha has a big time seiyuu, Ayako Kawasumi.

Another thing, it's great that atleast the EFF now has a capability of detecting stealthed veigan carriers. Did they surround the EFF controlled space with those probes?

Tags
weekly episode discussion