Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-28, 03:49   Link #1601
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Probably because of the butler and his smexy voice.

To be fair, Season 1 is not bad.....until along came Season 2.

Even though we are in a frisbee thread, what the hell they give some high-quality animes a low rating !?
As Kameruka said, it's a nightmare to see how many fangirls go crazy just because of shounen-ai subtexts.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-30, 12:38   Link #1602
Vanguard

Worst animes that deserve to be used as frisbees.
Hmm I must say that black rock shooter anime so bad I wish I never seen it.
Old 2012-04-30, 15:10   Link #1603
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithfalath View Post
White Album. The "protagonist", if you can call him that, is easily the most hateable person in all of slice-of-life genre. Well, I didn't know what happened in the end because I dropped from watching it midway on the 2nd season. I was hoping there would be a turn of events but it's just... ugh..
I think White Album is one of the best romance/drama anime created.

Compared to many series (except anime like True Tears, Amagami, Kimikiss and maybe a couple of others) the character seem real and close to reality. The protagonist is perfect in showing how staying away from you someone you like/love can make you do the things the main hero did.
Old 2012-04-30, 17:28   Link #1604
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Probably because of the butler and his smexy voice.
For some very obvious reasons, it didn't work on me. The only reason I completed it because I hoped it get better in later parts but only to be disappointed to see how it can offer to me.

I kinda like its setting and atmosphere but they ruined it with yaoi(hardly) stuffs like kissing and man-groping. It is pretty obvious that I'm not its target audience but for some reasons it has "shounen" label on it but that can be explained Kuroshitsuji is serialized in a shounen magazine rather than shoujo or josei where it should belong, IMO. For me Kuroshituji is an interesting show but they ruined it by becoming an eye-orgasm for female otakus instead of a Victorian England horror show as it should.

Another big-budget anime which wasted its potentials is High School of the Dead. Similar to Kuroshitsuji but this time for male anime fans. I rated it slightly higher than Kuroshitsuji and maybe because I'm a male so I can tolerate bouncing breasts and pantyshots better than Kuroshitsuji yaoi-ish fanservice but that doesn't say much. Instead it ruining itself with fanservice, annoying characters and plot holes(it didn't tell us how the zombie outbreak began).

It also annoyingly hilarious to see HSotD fans defending that show just because it has zombies. No offense to zombie fans but I prefer Plants vs Zombies and Left 4 Dead zombies than HSotD zombies.
Old 2012-04-30, 18:59   Link #1605
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Kill Me Baby recent anime wise
Old 2012-04-30, 20:25   Link #1606
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
for some reasons it has "shounen" label on it but that can be explained Kuroshitsuji is serialized in a shounen magazine rather than shoujo or josei where it should belong, IMO.
This completely boggles my mind. There is nothing "shounen" about Kuroshitsuji at all, yet to run in a shounen magazine... what da fack were they thinking when they said "yes"!? Didn't they think it through that male readers were going to be squicked!?

That was really stupid of you, Square Enix!!
Old 2012-05-02, 12:00   Link #1607
Haladflire65
*Artist

Hahaha, I feel so naive cause I watched Kuroshitsuji a while ago maybe when I was 13 or so, before I knew much about anime (I think the only ones I watched before were Soul Eater and maybe FMA), so I didn't catch onto any of the shounen-ai subtexts... I watched it with my dad and little brother, and they both found it entertaining too, lol. I liked the setting, the music and just the overall atmosphere of it, and Sebastian was funny. I didn't really fall in love with the characters or anything though. But S2, on the other hand... one of the few animes I just stopped watching...
Old 2012-05-02, 12:17   Link #1608
Eragon
Still Alive

Here's one - Blasreiter. This along with HOTD should get the prize of how to ruin a decent concept. With Blasreiter I couldn't understand what was the point of the show.
Old 2012-05-02, 13:18   Link #1609
Aqua Knight

HOTD - yes. After the 1st episode, the show was totally ruined.

But Blassreiter had at least a decent first half, before the city was destroyed. But then the plot was just torn apart by different inconsistent storylines.
Old 2012-05-05, 06:49   Link #1610
wontaek

Blue Gender . Its ending made most of the events in the anime meaningless.
Old 2012-05-05, 18:38   Link #1611
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
This completely boggles my mind. There is nothing "shounen" about Kuroshitsuji at all, yet to run in a shounen magazine... what da fack were they thinking when they said "yes"!? Didn't they think it through that male readers were going to be squicked!?

That was really stupid of you, Square Enix!!
I think it just about marketing than anything else. Square-Enix believed it could sell more than in shoujo or josei magazine. Hell, in fact in some parts of Japan more girls are buying shounen magazines than their intended marketing audience, boys and young men. Why? Because most boys and young men are too busy collecting their money to buy Gundams, bishoujo/moe figurines, itasha/decorated cars and ero-games(mostly for PC). So they target more girls and young women instead because most of them never buy Gundams and figurines.

Sorry for getting off-topic but I just want to voice my opinion.
Old 2012-05-05, 20:00   Link #1612
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
I think it just about marketing than anything else. Square-Enix believed it could sell more than in shoujo or josei magazine. Hell, in fact in some parts of Japan more girls are buying shounen magazines than their intended marketing audience, boys and young men. Why? Because most boys and young men are too busy collecting their money to buy Gundams, bishoujo/moe figurines, itasha/decorated cars and ero-games(mostly for PC). So they target more girls and young women instead because most of them never buy Gundams and figurines.
True....it would be more marketable...but I don't know...oh I didn't know more girls are buying them than boys!

Quote:
Sorry for getting off-topic but I just want to voice my opinion.
That's what forums be for.
Old 2012-05-07, 21:52   Link #1613
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Spelunker Sensei without a doubt. Not only is it bad, it doesn't even have a single noteworthy bad thing to make fun of. It's so boring and so mediocre that I can't summon any energy towards it, nor properly describe why it fails.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-05-09, 06:44   Link #1614
word sux

I think HOTD might just be my most hated anime of all time

Reason:

I am ok with a garbage anime series sucking. But HOTD had so much potential. After the first episode I though to myself "WOW, this is going to be awsome! instant classic". Sadly it then quickly spiraled into generic fan service and ruined what could have been an amazing show..
Old 2012-05-12, 18:55   Link #1615
Dreamer90
Lost in thought

I watched an anime once that was so terrible I can't even remember what it was named. It was something long and poetic though. This ugly yet wonderful world, or something.
Anyway, I couldn't even finish the first episode because it just kept on coming with the harem cliches. Cute, oblivious girl falls from sky right into lap of plain guy. Check. Girl knows little about our customs. Check. Girl gets into all sorts of hijinks because of said obliviousness. Check.
Add that some of the characters then started doling out female-related gender standards a la "You're a girl, so you have to yada, yada, yada.". I have a really hard time standing it when people go "you belong to gender x/group x, so therefore you must do this and that and don't do this and that. That's where I turned it off since it just felt like a waste of time watching another bland harem anime without any real innovation.

D3

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
-Ayn Rand

"We have plenty of youth. What we need is a fountain of smart."
-Unknown
Old 2012-05-12, 23:06   Link #1616
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer90 View Post
I watched an anime once that was so terrible I can't even remember what it was named. It was something long and poetic though. This ugly yet wonderful world, or something.
Anyway, I couldn't even finish the first episode because it just kept on coming with the harem cliches.
I like this anime though there seem to be a lot of people who do not. But I thought it was unique in a few different ways.

*It wasn't even a harem to begin with-it was a love triangle: new girl, guy, and guy's cousin (who was incredibly annoying and bland but she was the only character I disliked.)
*The protagonist's guy friend gets a girl from the sky too.
*The main female character has a split personality and so does the male protagonist. He even turns into a monster, literally!
*There's actually a rather serious, supernatural plot going on instead of your typical love comedy ecchi show.
Old 2012-05-13, 06:55   Link #1617
Dreamer90
Lost in thought

Ooh, right! Now I remember the supernatural elements. Had completely forgotten about them actually. Still, none of the characters really stood out as interesting to me. They were all just meh. I'm also not very fond of animes where people have their own personal girls, as if they were some kinda objects. There are exceptions (Gunslinger girls, for one.), then you have stuff like Sekirei and MAI-hime where one or a bunch of girls are just glued to this one guy.
Never liked those kinda animes, because no matter how awesome one of the girls are, her entire personality is kinda ruined when she's for some arbitrary reason deeply infatuated with this loser. Anyway, I'm rambling. Sorry. ><

D3

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
-Ayn Rand

-Unknown
Old 2012-05-13, 08:03   Link #1618
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Is that some Ah! My Goddess?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-05-13, 08:06   Link #1619
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I forgot to add Special A. I never once laughed when watching it, the jokes are off, and so is the background music.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
Old 2012-05-13, 08:36   Link #1620
Dreamer90
Lost in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Is that some Ah! My Goddess?
Perfect example! I just can't take any of the characters seriously as godesses of immense power when they're all dependant on this one loser. Besides, the entire thing just feels (once again) like some fantasy-turned-anime with some loser suddenly getting more or less intimate with a cute, a sexy and a kind godess. I mean really? At least the humour is good... /rant

D3

-Ayn Rand

-Unknown
Closed Thread