AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-18, 02:14   Link #701
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
At this rate, the finale will probably be Sengoku finding a journal/diary left by his mom or something and finding out everything and then resolving to live on
along with finding out hades is his clone
Old 2013-01-18, 02:21   Link #702
DarkRaven
GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
along with finding out hades is his clone
plus all the girls want him so i guess he'll live a pretty good life lol
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 02:40   Link #703
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
i guess they were cultivated in laboratories til they reached the same age as when they died.
But as i said, they'd need some sort of genetic tissue to reconstruct their memories of everything.

But there are a million open questions like: how do they have their exact stuff they took on the plane initially? Why would they clone them and throw them randomly onto the island? What's up with Hades, he would have deserved atleast a 30 chapter arc or smth.
I wonder why you have to think it's cloning since it's impossible for human to do such things like perfectly cloning humans with fake yet realistic memory of about everything when the said specimen disappeared without trace centuries ago.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 03:05   Link #704
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

I say it's time travel via Bermuda Triangle-like phenomena.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 03:50   Link #705
alviam099

You read too much occult Welsh

Quote:
plus all the girls want him so i guess he'll live a pretty good life lol
It'd be his harem kingdom if he gets past all the animals. Heck, it's already his kingdom even if he don't.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 04:20   Link #706
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I wonder why you have to think it's cloning since it's impossible for human to do such things like perfectly cloning humans with fake yet realistic memory of about everything when the said specimen disappeared without trace centuries ago.
That's what baffles me. The people here who talk about cloning this, cloning that, who cloned them, how they're cloned.....where's the "why"??
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 06:07   Link #707
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
That's what baffles me. The people here who talk about cloning this, cloning that, who cloned them, how they're cloned.....where's the "why"??
For their own amusement, probably. Hence the clone theory should be dismissed because I can't find a proper reason for that to be true.

As for Bermuda-triangle, all disappeared planes and ships happened to sail and fly during terrible weather condition. It's no wonder they all sink into the bottom of sea, never to be found. There are tons of planes and ships that cross through the triangle without problem.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 08:44   Link #708
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Are we reading same manga?

who cloned them?
Sengoku mother.

how they're cloned?
Using same way they cloned extincted animals.

Anyway >>>> I would rather it to be time travel.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 08:55   Link #709
Raxnom
気疲れ

As said, it's impossible to perfectly clone subject with all it's memories. If it is your dear cloning then what the hell is this?
Old 2013-01-18, 09:30   Link #710
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post

who cloned them?
Sengoku mother.

how they're cloned?

You missed my point. I didn't ask who cloned the passengers or how they're cloned, what seems to be missing from all those comments about Akira and co are clones is the reason for it.

Why were they cloned? Why on the island? Why do they have to fight for survival? Why do they have their memories? Why the "crash"? Why after so many years?

Unless somebody can make sense of all these, I'm calling BS on this cloning business.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 09:56   Link #711
jpwong

Quote:
who cloned them?
Sengoku mother.

how they're cloned?
I can accept the animal cloning because you probably could really do the whole Jurassic Park thing given enough time, but that's pretty much a clone of an amalgamation of data. You end up with generic male/female of species X.
It's absurd to think you could take an amalgamation of human DNA and then out pops long dead son plus everyone else who just happened to be on the plane. Maybe if the plane had been secretly recovered and they got DNA sampled from the bodies I could possibly see the whole clone scenario, but with the data on hand right now it really seems like the long shot idea.
Old 2013-01-18, 11:13   Link #712
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Hades might be Sengokus clone that his mother's team achieved to create though.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 11:35   Link #713
Marina2

I think the best evidence that they are not clone is the data on Mariya's laptop.

I mean, how can someone know what files/program/data are in that laptop in the day of accident and make a copy of it with the same files/programs/data inside.

If there is any difference, Mariya ,in case we assume that he is a clone with original's memory, must notice it.

Another thing is the picture/video from field trip on Camera.

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-01-18 at 11:57.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 14:58   Link #714
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:

who cloned them?
Sengoku mother.

how they're cloned?

I don't know what chapter 184 you read, but they said it would take another 100 years before the island got to its current size. This was when the mother was like 80 or so. So I don't think it could have been the mother

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 15:01   Link #715
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I don't know what chapter 184 you read, but they said it would take another 100 years before the island got to its current size. This was when the mother was like 80 or so. So I don't think it could have been the mother
If we can ignore all the technical aspect about how they cloned them, we could say that the experiment/research data has been done by Sengoku's mother but then the experiment itself is actually done 100 years after that.

I'm not really into cloning plot either, but I must say that it's pretty interesting idea.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 15:05   Link #716
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

except why would people 100 years care about that? The cloning angle has waaaay too many points against it

a) why?
b) how come they all have their clothes on and are in a plane somewhere? shouldn't they be in a cloning vat or something?
c) who put them there in the plane?
d) considering most of the people on the island died ages ago, who put them in the plane?

Old 2013-01-18, 15:12   Link #717
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

It's one probability that might actually happens. By that, I mean that people in the future might actually still do thing based on Sengoku's mother data because they respect her. Also, wouldn't cloning humans with artificial memories (assuming that most of the characters we know are a clone) is a pinnacle of research?

Oh and I did say 'ignoring all technical aspects' so that includes why they're in plane and stuffs like 'how the fuck did they manage to clone them in the first place?'.

Old 2013-01-18, 15:44   Link #718
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I'm not sure being on a plane is a technical aspect. Also doesn't explain who put them there when most of the bones/bodies discovered on the island have obviously been dead for a very long time

Old 2013-01-18, 16:00   Link #719
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Then maybe that's not the correct term? My english isn't that good to begin with anyway

To put it simply, what I meant is that if we ignore all the stuffs that should've happened if we put cloning into consideration then that theory is actually pretty interesting for me. By 'what should've happened', I mean the way how they could get the data for all the passengers including their memories; how the clone actually successful; how most of them were put in the plane before they supposedly woke up and how they suddenly wake up at the same time and at the same place hundreds of years after the island was created...

Ignore all of that and we can just say that by methods A and for reasons B, they are cloned. Then all of the clones were put inside the plane and now roaming through the island. Of course most people wouldn't like that and will outright hate it because of...well, many reasons that I believe you guys could think of to refute this theory. That's probably one of the reason why I don't like this theory very much...also coupled with the fact that this manga will end soon, I can't really see how they will cover this clone plot (if there are any) in one single chapter without destroying the climax.

Oh, I don't really like it but I still think it's interesting. I mean, I never thought that possibility exists at all while reading this series. Someone who brought it up really brings me into a new perspective. If the manga wouldn't end soon, I might find myself imagining how this clone plot will effect the whole plots and characters in it.

Old 2013-01-18, 16:14   Link #720
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Remember Fullmetal Alchemist when Al was worried he was not real and Ed had implanted fake memories in him? It does not matter whether memories of the plane trip are accurate, just whether they are consistent. What is on the laptop is what Maiya-clone thinks will be there. So if one guy thinks he is Yakuza or a disgraced doctor or class president, then that's what they are.

On the question of why, I think it is obvious. The old man wants sweet little Miina back and Mom wants her boy to live again. Now ask why for the other option. Why spend 60 trillion yen mostly to build an island when the cloning of ancient DNA is the technical problem in bringing back prehistoric beasts? Why else does Mom change the program to include edible plants if humans are not meant to survive there?

So either:

1) An advanced cloning and memory manipulation process was developed to bring all the passengers back to life as a by-product of the Jurassic Park plan. Why would you ever place these precious souls in such extreme danger? Even if the plane crash is fake, who placed the clones inside the plane? The facilities are all decrepit. How are the clones just now waking?

2) Somehow the location of the timeslip is known so the island is built there. What is the timeslip/black hole seen on the plane? Why would you build the island with mountains instead of with runways if you were expecting a distressed plane? Even if you don't know when the plane will emerge, why is there no system to alert authorities? Obviously some disaster overcame the scientists. Has this affected the outside world? Who is Hades?
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, survival