AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-09-18, 04:50   Link #3021
Enternal

I was more surprised that Fate and Nanoha did not go with them... ok I was surprised for the wrong thing but still sad not to see Fate, Hayate, and Nanoha together again and meeting up with Yuuno as well.

Anyways, security? I'm also quite surprised how she managed to get in so let see if it gets explained. I'm more assuming that security really is tight and not cracked up like the examples Craxuan gave us (which is depressing by the way).
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 15:23   Link #3022
Meltyred

Short Answer: Magic.
She's a witch, of course that what she would use.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 22:35   Link #3023
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Short Answer: Magic.
She's a witch, of course that what she would use.
Against security made out of magic, that is.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 16:43   Link #3024
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
So I got my hands on full raws of volume 10. Witch girl is yet another
Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-26, 09:04   Link #3025
Gx Hero
Rambler

It has yet to explain why she had to have artificial arms maybe in future chapters.

Also it is kinda of sad that Belkan royalty would use the cradle when it will do its own thing. Not having control of your self on a huge nearly unstoppable battleshp...

Also that uncontrollable defense program seems to be a common problem on ancient Belka super weapons. The book of Darkness the defense program was to sensitive, the tome of the silver cross tried to protect Thoma from everything even if it was making things worse, and the cradle whose defense program uses the kaiser in the same fashion the silver cross dose, and the tome of the night sky ... eliminate everything friend foe alike.

Oh and Emperor Invalt better have had an arranged marriage otherwise we can honestly say Olive was not his true love after all we have his desendant einhart Stratos.

Petty Ixpellia didn't wake up and participate, being an anceint king she would have fit perfectly in helping Einheart quail her demons of not being strong enough.

Lastly they should have had einheart interact with the wolkenriter more since they have memories of the ancient past and thus more of a right to talk of that era.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 18:33   Link #3026
Justin_Brett

Clearly Olivie turned Klaus down because Jeremiah was her true love.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 19:25   Link #3027
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given themes and circumstances, I always thought that Klaus and Olivie saw themselves more as siblings rather than lovers. Nanoha's themes were always about family, and we know Klaus A) had descendents that inherited his genetics and memories and B) died shortly after Olivie did. Not exactly time to start a family after she died, so he HAD to have been married or had children before his final battle with Olivie.
Old 2013-11-15, 21:21   Link #3028
mechdra

The chinese scan for Memories 50 is out yesterday. Fabia can transform into adult mode too! That girl is quite good looking in her barrier jacket and she is strong too.

Last edited by mechdra; 2013-11-15 at 21:33.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 17:03   Link #3029
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

.... I know the actual reason is 'fanservice' but there's this voice in the back of my head nagging that she's a ranged fighter who works with curses and familiars. What's the point of her having an adult mode?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 18:22   Link #3030
mechdra

Possibly to show who got the biggest boobs among the girls. By the looks of it Sieg is losing there without including Ix.
Old 2013-11-16, 19:03   Link #3031
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I'm waiting for context i wonder if her adult mode is somewhat related to Sieglinde's de-aging

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 02:57   Link #3032
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
.... I know the actual reason is 'fanservice' but there's this voice in the back of my head nagging that she's a ranged fighter who works with curses and familiars. What's the point of her having an adult mode?
Probably something like: Older = Bigger magic pool => More power for curses and familiars.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 03:11   Link #3033
fukarming

With Fabia beating up Lutecia, it confirms that the TSAB don't need to pay any full time employee. All they need are some underage children and they can deter threats as big as the Jail incident.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 04:05   Link #3034
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
With Fabia beating up Lutecia, it confirms that the TSAB don't need to pay any full time employee. All they need are some underage children and they can deter threats as big as the Jail incident.
Lutecia might have been under the limiter that reduced her to a D Class mage - and not authorized to release her limiters by her own. If that's the case, and Fabia was a Fate or Nanoha tier prodigy, and NOT under a limiter, I think it's going to end with Lutecia getting thrashed.

Now, if Fabia defeated Lutecia without those D Rank Limiters that the TSAB slapped on Lutecia after the Jail Incident, I would agree with you. I imagine without those limiters though, the destruction to public property would likely be immense.

Edit: Further Observations from Chapter 50: Lutecia's Barrier Jacket was not even out during the battle, if I am looking at things correctly, so that's another handicap. Also, it doesn't appear that she's been outright defeated - merely driven into a corner. Vivio's appearance merely conforms to the Shounen cliche of one character swooping in to save the day for the other character. I don't think Lutecia was being as serious here as in Striker S, nor was she fighting at her Striker S power. Also, keep in mind that what makes her really dangerous are her familiars? Where's Garyuu, or her bugs or her other summons? No where to be found in this battle - again, if I'm reading things correctly here.

Basically, Fabia beat a Lutecia who has one hand tied behind her back.

Now, if Fabia slapped Hayate around... actually, I wouldn't call it BS, because Hayate sucks at close quarter combat anyway. It would be utterly hilarious though, if Signum shows up to save the day.
Spoiler for Force Spoiler:

Last edited by novalysis; 2013-11-17 at 04:35.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 05:16   Link #3035
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Agreed, from the looks of it Lutecia wasn't at the top of her game when assaulting Fabia. Or more likely it seems that Lulu just got a bit too cocky over getting everything under control while she didn't expected Fabia still had an extra Ace under her sleeve.

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-11-17, 05:49   Link #3036
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Probably something like: Older = Bigger magic pool => More power for curses and familiars.
But it's just transformation magic, might give you reach and strength but it shouldn't affect your magic pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Agreed, from the looks of it Lutecia wasn't at the top of her game when assaulting Fabia. Or more likely it seems that Lulu just got a bit too cocky over getting everything under control while she didn't expected Fabia still had an extra Ace under her sleeve.
Just a teensy bit irked that it's once again Einhart stealing the show, though.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 05:53   Link #3037
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Just a teensy bit irked that it's once again Einhart stealing the show, though.
Me as well but somewhat mitigated because at the end Fabia was stopped by the combined effort of everyone. The handcuffs Lutecia used to de-activate her transformation at the end where from Els?

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-11-17, 06:34   Link #3038
mechdra

I believe Lutecia did not go all out yet. If she win now, there is nothing to see in her match with Fabia during the tournament.
Old 2013-11-17, 06:58   Link #3039
APNki

Chinese scan for chapter 51 is also out, the fight has ended and it's now on to the
Spoiler for next arc:
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 19:30   Link #3040
Justin_Brett

In this chapter, Vivio holds hands with a girl to distract her so Einhart and Lutecia can slip the handcuffs on and...wait.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vivid