AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-08, 15:55   Link #21
brightman
Ancient Member

Yeah, it's good that Ep 11 actually turned serious. But still, it seems a bit "different" and for some reason I don't want to take this anime too seriously...

Anyway, yeah, can't wait for the next episode so that I can get this series over with.
Old 2003-11-08, 22:38   Link #22
Dafty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Hmm, I heard that the series ends at 13, but animenfo doesnt say.
Isn't it 13 eps including the ova (that by the way, was extremely awful when comparing to the series)?
Dafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-08, 23:07   Link #23
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafty
Isn't it 13 eps including the ova (that by the way, was extremely awful when comparing to the series)?
Umm... The OVA has nothing to do with the series so I don't think they should be counted together like that. It was made by a totally different company and by different people (except for the seiyuus). It's like the fact that the Mizuiro hentai OVA has nothing to do with the 2003 OVA since those are made by different people as well.

Anyway the series is 12 episodes long. So next episode is last.
Old 2003-11-09, 00:00   Link #24
Dafty

kinda liked the information about reika, but still. can't help wondering, what is she doing there? nothing practical except that she once pushed yusuke and futaba closer... i mean... she fills no practical meaning... only there to look good sorta thing...
Dafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-09, 15:14   Link #25
Wolfwood2970

uhhhhg man im so sad that the series is going to end soon

I think they could of maybe added a few more eps because i think they are kind of rushing things to the end.....

Since the REAL story is starting to reveal itself from 10-12 i feel as if just 2 episodes wont get to everything

hmmmm after watching episode 10 i thought "Oh so i guess he's going to end up with Midori"

Then after watching episode 11 i thought "wow this could go another whole different way and it could just be something totally unexpected..."

anyways i think this was a great series and wish there was more than 12 episodes but :-/ oh well
Wolfwood2970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-09, 21:40   Link #26
Eleutheria
旅行癖

I'm actually glad that it's ending with the next episode.

The series is funny and daring with its r-rated humor, but you can't go very far with it. It ends, and I can move on.
Old 2003-11-09, 21:53   Link #27
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

Maybe I'll just not watch the last ep when it comes out and shun any spoilers, that way I can keep rooting for Futaba. ^^
Wandering A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 06:23   Link #28
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Um... I hate to break it to you guys, but there is no 'real' story. If anyone here has played the game, they know what I'm talking about. There is no fated character for Yuusuke, since the original made it possible for him to get with every character without a penis depending on the player's choices (except the ugly one...). Anyway, if you want my opinion (and you probably don't, but you'll get it regardless), they'll go with Midori as the final love interest, simply because it's either that plot line or animating the 'you don't get anyone, you suck' ending (or creating something happy without any main love interest, like they did with Popotan, Kanon, and just about every other h-game to anime conversion ever made...).

Oh yeah, one more thing. Futaba-chan, saikou~
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 06:39   Link #29
Anlushac11

Cool

Ummm...Kanon?

Spoiler:

and Popoton was left wide open for another season or some OVA's
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 07:32   Link #30
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Was Ayu the winged backpack chick...? It's been a long time since I saw Kanon (although I finally got around to playing the game like last month... and then promptly stopped playing 'cause it sucked ). I don't recall there being anything romantic at the end of that anime... could be wrong, tho, it's happened once or twice before.

And I don't recall ever reading about Popotan OVA's or a second season. Of course, me not hearing about it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, but just leaving an open ending doesn't mean there will be more, I site FoR as an example.
Old 2003-11-10, 07:40   Link #31
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Was Ayu the winged backpack chick...? It's been a long time since I saw Kanon (although I finally got around to playing the game like last month... and then promptly stopped playing 'cause it sucked ). I don't recall there being anything romantic at the end of that anime... could be wrong, tho, it's happened once or twice before.

And I don't recall ever reading about Popotan OVA's or a second season. Of course, me not hearing about it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, but just leaving an open ending doesn't mean there will be more, I site FoR as an example.
Yup that was Ayu in her I don't wanna grow up kiddie form. O boy i wouldn't mind some popotan ova's or second season I really miss that series and since they didn't fully explain everything I think they might make a second series jus my word though.
Old 2003-11-10, 08:56   Link #32
Wolfwood2970

also in the series we really didnt get to really know Wakaba.... she just stood their with her cactus (Togemura)
Wolfwood2970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 11:24   Link #33
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

.... but she's a freak. Did you wanna know her? They captured everything interesting about her in the 'togemura whatever super attack' thingy. Besides that part about being in love with a cactus...
Old 2003-11-18, 05:19   Link #34
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Green Green Discussion [Spoilers]

hey just seen Aone version of ep 12, what you guys think of the eps and the series since its now finished.

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-18, 05:37   Link #35
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
hey just seen Aone version of ep 12, what you guys think of the eps and the series since its now finished.

Spoiler:

Well this last episode hints alot for a season two.
If you watched it you will notice alot of stuff in it that hints at that.
But oh well many anime's end with a hint of that.
I loved thise series ^_^

Take Care
Sakaki-
Sakaki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 06:13   Link #36
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaki-
Well this last episode hints alot for a season two.
If you watched it you will notice alot of stuff in it that hints at that.
But oh well many anime's end with a hint of that.
I loved thise series ^_^

Take Care
Sakaki-
I wonder how popluar this show was in Japan, second seasons are usally decided on this factor.
Old 2003-11-18, 06:39   Link #37
Xess
Go Suzuka!

Ahh, since this is an episode 12 discussion, i'm not going to bother using spoiler tags since people who haven't watched that episode shouldn't be reading this anyway. Well, on to it.

That was a great ending. From ep 1 already Reika had been saying that fate cannot be changed. I guess she was right. I'm a big Futaba fan anyway, so that was a good ending for me.

I liked the part where the baka trio met the monkeys who are smarter than they are. I never expected something like that. Well, at least Tenjin finally got Sanae to call him onii-chama...

And what does the text at 21.55 say? The one right before the closing credits. Does it say that a new show called Kimi ga Nozomu Eien will be airing next week? Well, only took them 8 weeks to finally finish off the final ep of Green Green, not bad... And I sure hope they do make a 2nd season, but the story does seem rather well concluded already though.
Xess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 07:03   Link #38
Ether
Simple Minded Idiot

I really was expecting Midori and Yuusuke to be together, so i wasn't too happy with the ending. I also felt it to be kind of rushed, with no real time for them to be together. I mean half of the ep its him yelling at her, and then he slips and goes unconscious, bah. Overall the entire series was really good with lots of comedy and enough skin to please even the most ecchi person out there.
As for the hopes of a second season, I really wish they come out with one considering how this last ep ended. It would be really nice to find out where they take the story next and if Midori or Reika will ever make a comeback. Here's to wishful thinking !!
Ether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 07:08   Link #39
Guu
yamete...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xess
And what does the text at 21.55 say? The one right before the closing credits. Does it say that a new show called Kimi ga Nozomu Eien will be airing next week? Well, only took them 8 weeks to finally finish off the final ep of Green Green, not bad... And I sure hope they do make a 2nd season, but the story does seem rather well concluded already though.
Ep 12 was air in Japan on 9/29 .
The ending wasn't all that surprising though, as it had the same ending as Midori's line in the game that she left, but the cause is totally different, i.e. not 'cuz Yuusuke bump his head & drop unconscious etc. Well... the story of the anime is different from that of the game in general, such as the char Reika is not supposed to exist, instead there should be a child version of Midori, and the trio (Ichibanboshi, Bachi Guu & Tenjin) in the game is not half as "crazy" as in the anime. Anyway, I did enjoy the series, but I wouldn't expect a 2nd season though, and if you feel like knowing more about green green, I would highly recommend you to play the game, which has nice graphics + hilarious music (but I like the H-scene piano music the most ) + funny story + mostly only one long H-scene at the end for each char.
Guu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 07:18   Link #40
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guu
Ep 12 was air in Japan on 9/29 .
The ending wasn't all that surprising though, as it had the same ending as Midori's line in the game that she left, but the cause is totally different, i.e. not 'cuz Yuusuke bump his head & drop unconscious etc. Well... the story of the anime is different from that of the game in general, such as the char Reika is not supposed to exist, instead there should be a child version of Midori, and the trio (Ichibanboshi, Bachi Guu & Tenjin) in the game is not half as "crazy" as in the anime. Anyway, I did enjoy the series, but I wouldn't expect a 2nd season though, and if you feel like knowing more about green green, I would highly recommend you to play the game, which has nice graphics + hilarious music (but I like the H-scene piano music the most ) + funny story + mostly only one long H-scene at the end for each char.
Is that game for PC or some console system also by any chance is their a copy of that game translated in english or do I have to learn Japanese