AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-02-10, 08:00   Link #40321
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I see... :-?

damn my blurring vision.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 08:07   Link #40322
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Well... I would've feared that people might go around thinking it's actually the canonical bulky suits but seeing from the reviews, doesn't seem like it.

The Minerva evolves but not on its own. Leaning more to real-robot style to stand out from the IS by having it to be manually upgraded into its more advanced incarnations, some having a different array of weaponry.

Speaking of which, I don't suppose each of the four Silverback pilots have distinct combat styles?
If you've been reading after chapter 4 of Project Silverback, you'll get the general idea on the Silverback's size. As well for my guys's fighting styles in the last few chapters of the first storyarc. Although, their fighting styles were somewhat restricted in those chapters, due to the Silverback's being in their Beta Phase.

Anyway, I'm off for now. Going to catch some Zs.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 09:33   Link #40323
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Further improving on the story....

New heroine. Inori is Aoi's sister who admire her and wanted to be like her. More towards Dorky side because like other girls in IS-verse, she fan-girl over IS and legendary IS pilot such as Chifuyu.

Not exactly skilled but she works hard which put her a skill level higher than Ichika (at the very least)....

=

IS Unit:
Second Generation:
Uchigane HiME (High Mobility Enhancement)
Uchigane Juusoubi (Heavy armament)

third Generation:
Muramasa
Hydra

Weaponry:

>Tri-Impact: A special IS hammer which turn IS defense against it, inflicting heavier damages on the IS shield. Good Against units with powerful energy shield.

>Yukihira Naginata: Yukihira....now with extended range.

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-02-10 at 10:27.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 21:54   Link #40324
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Much like Tabane, the silent seven are also producing their own ideal IS. unlike those in the rules however, all their work is technically theoretical with no true experimentation and applied breakthroughs. That's why they are technically not considered new IS tech and have no reason to be presented for international scrutiny.

Each of the Silent Seven come from different countries with their own skill sets.

Umiyome Erine(Japanese) - Known as the Mistress of Metallurgy, she was the youngest member of the team at 21 next to Tabane who was 14.

Robert Sterling(English) - A neurologist who was deemed a foremost authority in neuroscience and wrote several papers on brainwaves and their usage as a remote signal medium.

anonymous (French) - specializes in aero-engineering as well as spaceflight.

anonymous (German) - master of all things physics and one who assisted Tabane in programming the PIC.

anonymous (American) - leading researcher on alternative energy sources.

anonymous (unknown nationality) - Biologist who assisted in the adjustment of the life support systems of the IS. Including but not limited to the environmental stasis effect. Also assisted in understanding the evolutionary process of the IS.

anonymous (unknown nationality) - astronomer that assisted in specification parameters of the IS in regards to what can be or should be expected of intergalactic space travel.
Old 2013-02-10, 22:13   Link #40325
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Age
So many unit for one person

or is that for everyone?
Old 2013-02-10, 23:10   Link #40326
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

"The first Armored Stratos wasn't even armored: It's a three meters long, vaguely dragonfly-shaped glider armed with single I.S. grade light machinegun and a pair of I.S. grade Air-to-Air missile. The pilot so to speak is strapped underneath it, and the glider is launched upside down. A series of high mobility live fire test is done to check whether it has the required processing power and output to operate standard I.S. frame. And it's a great success. And speaking of I.S. frame, there's this particular coreless unit which has been tinkered for years..."
- Iori 'Senbei' Kirishima
Old 2013-02-11, 00:15   Link #40327
demino_hellsin
That one guy

"Mistress of Metallurgy? So people still use that old name for me. Journalism nowadays just revolves around worthless sensationalism don't you agree? I'm merely a lowly salary woman now after all. But you must have come here for a reason. So I welcome you to the forbidden materials hold. Or as I like to call it the "Jewelry Box"."-- Erine Umiyome
Old 2013-02-11, 00:33   Link #40328
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Pandora box more likely

Metal that rape physic by default?
Old 2013-02-11, 00:41   Link #40329
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Hmm, I can see why, though did he actually tell the pilot his agenda? If so, then he had a good reason to angry, even if that's technically outside rules.
Not really, but when against other ISes (Piloted or Unmmaned) in general, Ichika and Tatenashi are in support roles. That was the agreement in order to gain the most combat data. They did not mention any specifics about fighting Autumn, as they feel that it's too personal to tell.

They thought they would do that for all ISes if they encounter one, unmmaned or piloted.

Now then...

Spoiler for Enigma-Gears:

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-02-12 at 04:17. Reason: Correction in the Enigma-Gears info
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 00:50   Link #40330
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
^ Pandora box more likely

Metal that rape physic by default?
It's a trope!

well you should already know

yeah. She has a crapload of them in there. On the planet, she's the only one who can handle such materials with precise delicacy as if she's had experience with them all her life. She uses compiled knowledge and immediately work with predetermined mind-set. This is essentially dangerous but her thought processes quickly re-adapt depending on the situation. She never questions risks so even though she sees a material for the first time, she is neither confused by it nor excited. She just sees it for what it is and its properties. She practically makes everything up as she goes along. It's very rare for people to keep up with her but Tabane keeps astride with her and even leads the studies. Erine is the only known person in the world to be able to forge an IS sword within less than 24 hours using non-digitized methods.
Old 2013-02-11, 01:07   Link #40331
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Erine is the only known person in the world to be able to forge an IS sword within less than 24 hours using non-digitized methods.
Assuming she had enough metalurgy and alchemy machines of course.
Old 2013-02-11, 01:09   Link #40332
demino_hellsin
That one guy

facilities primed for forging that certasin metal yes. Using improv takes more time. Some though are impossible without proper mats and environment simulators.

Now that I think about it... half the materials inside the Jewelry box are made on accident by the IS core. So in a way, there is very low chance of producing the metal digitally. This makes it so that Erine is the only person who can forge with these metals because A) no other human being except may be Tabane is able to deal with these metals, though Tabane actually finds them mundane so she wouldn't bother anyway. B) Even IS can't reproduce them because they were produced by an accident from IS realization.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-02-11 at 01:20.
Old 2013-02-11, 01:50   Link #40333
Eratas123

Well, I guess it finally updated. Hopefully it won't get destroyed again.
Old 2013-02-11, 01:55   Link #40334
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yay

So did you have the spare time?
Old 2013-02-11, 02:59   Link #40335
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
@ Age
So many unit for one person

or is that for everyone?
Everybody. It is just a list of IS that will appear.

Aoi use Uchigane HiME (the only one using the unit)
Inori use Uchigane with Special Hammer.
Yuri use Uchigane Juusoubi (Heavy armament)

Soraha use Muramasa
Merlyn use Hydra
Sharon's unit is still in work.

Since the Bullies have personal IS.... they probably subvert the "bullies' get whooping." event

Mainly because they are more skilled than Ichika and Co (except for Char). The problem is Ichika and Co (except for Char) has better units.

All these to make the teaching that "Skill matter more than technology" moot:

Any Uchigane fighting against Laura is a brutal one-sided battle in Laura's flavor. To add insult to injury, Laura probably insults them while she is curb-stomping them (out of arrogance).
Old 2013-02-11, 03:40   Link #40336
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not so much moot as the skill gap is not far enough.

That and no power of love.
Old 2013-02-11, 03:49   Link #40337
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Somewhat. How come?
Old 2013-02-11, 03:50   Link #40338
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If only you REALLY have time

Spoiler for Test Draft 04:

Spoiler for Test Draft 05:
[/QUOTE]

Spoiler for Test Draft 06:

otherwise, it's okay to ignore it
Old 2013-02-11, 04:01   Link #40339
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How big of a drawback would it be if the swords can't be stored as equalizers?
Old 2013-02-11, 04:04   Link #40340
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Do you want me to just proofread it or also add things like last time? The former can be done extremely quickly.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest