AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-05, 01:35   Link #1361
Gravitas Free Zone

I picked up the T-15, which is rather amusing to use as fast scout alternative. Small, fast, decent armor... but only the 37mm L/47 gun (that the Czech tanks share), which is not very good if you have to actually fight a higher tier (works well on everything up to Tier II though, okay on Tier III).

However, with a crew that has good camo skill, a camo net, and binocs, you can do a lot of spotting with it. I dropped myself into a shrub on Province and lit up 10 units from the other team the moment the binoculars engaged. Unfortunately our sole SPG had apparently managed to blow itself up within the first ten seconds of the game.

The Soviet Churchill has a great rate of fire if you put a good crew and a shell rammer in there. It's just really large and unwieldy, and I have a bad habit of not caring what I do with it since it makes good money almost all of the time. So I'm not good advice on that subject. Matchmaking is usually nice to it though.

Got the Pz S35 for fun. It's a Tier III medium and can beat up anything at its tier or below (III), but gets MMed into Tier IV and V about half the time, requiring much more caution since its cannon is not useful against those. But on lower tiers... ROF is around 26 shots/minute, aim time is a little over 1 second... it's a 47mm cannon only slightly worse in accuracy and damage than the 47mm PaK L/43... bangbangbangbangbang...

Of course, I purchased all of these tanks when they were on sale for 50% off...

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-01-05 at 11:54.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 14:00   Link #1362
Blaat

New mastery badge:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Basically me and a M4 were holding down the left (valley) chokepoint in the Lakeville map while the rest of the team steamrolled through the other chokepoints.
Old 2013-01-05, 18:21   Link #1363
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Matchmaker has been incredibly wonky over the past two or so days. I don't know if it's the influx of people over break, but I've had matches with really dubious selections, like being on a team where I was the only heavy, and the opposing team had four. It's frustrating, to say the least.

Oh, and I discovered an oddity with my KV. Prior to last night (where the wonky matchmaking increased my loss percentage) it had gone through 22 listed matches, with 11 wins and losses... But displays a 44% win rate. o_o
Old 2013-01-05, 18:34   Link #1364
Sumeragi
Banned

Had a most interesting match:

Things to note:

1. Extremely bad ping (450+) for most of the match.
2. Somehow managed to bounce shots and maneuver in the nick of time to escape rounds coming from behind.
3. Ammo racked a TOG II* for 813 HP damage
4. Lots of damages using the L/70.

Seems like I really should go for being a sniper instead of an assault gun.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 18:56   Link #1365
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Okay, I actually watched that replay more to find out how you managed that kill on the SU-122-44 than to see that 800dmg hit on the TOG, but it was actually pretty hilarious! Not to mention you were out of cover staring down a straight path to 2 TOGs and another medium, if I recall.

Boy oh boy, you had a lucky bounce on the Wolverine and on that zero damage track hit, but turning and running from the T-34-85 and repositioning was very masterful, as was the timing that looks like you may have baited the SU-122-44 into what looked like a crossfire.

On another note, I have increased my record of leading Tak into the jaws of flaming death from the first time we platooned to now, ah nostalgia!
Old 2013-01-05, 18:59   Link #1366
Sumeragi
Banned

What was funny was that I did all that while struggling against the ping (check how it constantly goes at around 350~600). Normally I can't survive more than a minute in such conditions.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 19:13   Link #1367
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
On another note, I have increased my record of leading Tak into the jaws of flaming death from the first time we platooned to now, ah nostalgia!
The Tier 7 Westshire game went okay. The Tier 8 South Coast battle was comically terrible.

Everybody else, keep in mind that we were platooning my M4 Sherman and two M5 Stuarts.
Old 2013-01-05, 19:20   Link #1368
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Matchmaker has been incredibly wonky over the past two or so days. I don't know if it's the influx of people over break, but I've had matches with really dubious selections, like being on a team where I was the only heavy, and the opposing team had four. It's frustrating, to say the least.
I just came from a battle where that exact same thing happened to me. I was the only heavy. Pointing this out to the team somewhat encouraged them to go after the opposing 4 heavies. I ended up being the only heavy left on the battlefield.

Endless "Singled out" Soul
Old 2013-01-05, 20:58   Link #1369
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'm not feeling the Cromwell at the moment, it just doesn't feel like a tier VI medium and is basically just a big fat light tank.

I've got the vickers 75mm plus the upgraded engine and tracks for it too so I just need to train the crew up but its a real drag so far and I think out of the 10 odd games I've played I have only destroyed about 2 tanks =/

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 21:01   Link #1370
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Drake: Someone I know said that the British "medium" line generally feels crappy until you hit tier VIII with the Comet (where you stop feeling undergunned), and even then only the Centurion mk I seems to be considered an "okay" tank. I know the pain, as I've lost count of how many times I've been 1-shot by tanks of the same tier. It's really demoralizing when you get one-shot by a Sherman on its first gun...
Old 2013-01-05, 21:18   Link #1371
Gravitas Free Zone

That's a loooooooooooong way to go before satisfaction.

After a bunch of games, I'm enjoying the VK3601H a lot more than I thought I would. It's an interesting contrast to the Tier 7 transitional grind tank, the VK3002DB, which I hated every minute of. (Though admittedly I was trying to push straight through it to the Panther and didn't bother putting in the better engine.)
Old 2013-01-05, 21:23   Link #1372
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I'm not feeling the Cromwell at the moment, it just doesn't feel like a tier VI medium and is basically just a big fat light tank.

I've got the vickers 75mm plus the upgraded engine and tracks for it too so I just need to train the crew up but its a real drag so far and I think out of the 10 odd games I've played I have only destroyed about 2 tanks =/
Quote:
Drake: Someone I know said that the British "medium" line generally feels crappy until you hit tier VIII with the Comet (where you stop feeling undergunned), and even then only the Centurion mk I seems to be considered an "okay" tank. I know the pain, as I've lost count of how many times I've been 1-shot by tanks of the same tier. It's really demoralizing when you get one-shot by a Sherman on its first gun...
Wow, if you think the Cromwell isn't good, then the Comet will be an unpleasant grind. The Cromwell is a big fat light .. but it's gun is very good for it's size and it's amazingly fast.. You can run circles around a KV1 and shoot into it's engine. The Cromwell's gun can penetrate tanks from the front .. that's more than you usually get from mediums .. You'll be more out gunned in the Comet than you currently are ..
Old 2013-01-05, 22:29   Link #1373
LeoXiao
思想工作

Anyone doing British mediums should consult Kimidori, I believe he is a master of them.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 22:38   Link #1374
willx
Nyaaan~~

Matchmaker is behaving oddly? No. Working as intended.

Old 2013-01-05, 23:44   Link #1375
LeoXiao
思想工作

That's awesome. I love seeing tons of the same tank (esp. medium and heavy tanks) in the same match. It feels very professional.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 00:19   Link #1376
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Aside from the wonky matchmaker, it was nice to see swarms upon swarms of Shermans last night, though I suppose the credit bonus had a hand in that.
Old 2013-01-06, 00:44   Link #1377
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Aside from the wonky matchmaker, it was nice to see swarms upon swarms of Shermans last night, though I suppose the credit bonus had a hand in that.
On the contrast there was even less panthers than normal on tier 7 matches, even wolverines and jacksons were pretty rare on tier 5-6 this weekend. Well, at least it worth something this special, just paid for the wolverine just gor last night and finally put a rammer on it.

BTW does anybody has found a sheriff yet?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 00:48   Link #1378
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Found one? Yep. Actually shot them down? No luck, as during both matches I was playing a heavy tank (a Tiger in one, and a KV-1 in the other).
Old 2013-01-06, 02:03   Link #1379
Gravitas Free Zone

While I could take either the Sherman or the Panther out to earn extra money during the weekend event, I'd rather take the Sherman... Tier 5 is a lot less hardcore than Tier 7, and I was making gobs of cash anyway.

Also, focusing on the Sherman meant that I was able to get my Easy Eight. The Vertical Stabilizer/Snap Shot/Smooth Ride equipment and skill combo is quite something. It should be even more fun once I finish the upgrades.
Old 2013-01-06, 02:14   Link #1380
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I saw the Sheriff ONCE tonight. ONCE!

And he was on our side. :/

Endless "Unlucky" Soul

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks