Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-04-27, 06:51   Link #16401
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouta6659 View Post
Just wanted to clarify on a couple things. When you say Hibiki transforms into "Kurumi" (with memories, powers and identity) is this a literal body-swap or a exchange of appearances with them keeping their original bodies? Then when you say If Hibiki survives and loses her powers, are you meaning the REAL Kurumi as Empty or Hibiki with the appearance of "Kurumi"?

Also I might have missed it a couple pages ago but where in the novel does it have Hibiki going after REAL Kurumi and why was she her person of interest?
Spoiler:
I gotta say I'm looking at this whole Hibiki and Kurumi body-swapping scenario similar to what Rogue did to Ms. Marvel from X-Men the cartoon on fox in the 90s.
First of all, no, Mio isn't in Date A Bullet at all. It's a one-off villain who dies at the end, IIRC.

And I believe that she just steals her appearance/memories/identity/powers, rather than actually switching bodies.
And no, they switch back - Kurumi gets her identity, powers, etc back, and Hibiki either dies or loses her powers, but definitely returns to normal before that.

To be fair, that happened in the original comics too (hence why it happened in the show), but that isn't exactly a bad analogy.

EDIT: Oh, something I forgot to answer - it's explained toward the end, and I believe it was because she'd heard how strong Kurumi is, and she knew that that strength was what she needed to avenge her friend IIRC.

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2017-04-27 at 07:37.
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 08:04   Link #16402
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
First of all, no, Mio isn't in Date A Bullet at all. It's a one-off villain who dies at the end, IIRC.

And I believe that she just steals her appearance/memories/identity/powers, rather than actually switching bodies.
And no, they switch back - Kurumi gets her identity, powers, etc back, and Hibiki either dies or loses her powers, but definitely returns to normal before that.

To be fair, that happened in the original comics too (hence why it happened in the show), but that isn't exactly a bad analogy.

EDIT: Oh, something I forgot to answer - it's explained toward the end, and I believe it was because she'd heard how strong Kurumi is, and she knew that that strength was what she needed to avenge her friend IIRC.
Okay I went back a few pages and reread some stuff. My mistake, I confused the events of how Kurumi became a Spirit in Vol.16 with the stuff that happen in Date A Bullet, sorry about that. Now just curious if Hibiki did ever come back and meet Shido what do you suppose would happen? Plus if Kurumi should up as well.

Also, I've only seen the X-Men cartoon, but yeah pretty straightforward it would happen that way.
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 08:10   Link #16403
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouta6659 View Post
Okay I went back a few pages and reread some stuff. My mistake, I confused the events of how Kurumi became a Spirit in Vol.16 with the stuff that happen in Date A Bullet, sorry about that. Now just curious if Hibiki did ever come back and meet Shido what do you suppose would happen? Plus if Kurumi should up as well.

Also, I've only seen the X-Men cartoon, but yeah pretty straightforward it would happen that way.
Well, I believe, DAB happens prior to Kotori becoming a Spirit. So Hibiki, if she is alive, would be in her twenties by now, since she lost her powers, so I imagine it'd go similarly to when Shido met Nia's friend in Nia Creation.

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2017-04-27 at 08:31.
Old 2017-04-28, 11:48   Link #16404
tuckersister

How was Kurumi's relationship with Hibiki in DAB?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-28, 12:01   Link #16405
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Depends on how you mean.

Kurumi has a different personality as Empty (not Hibiki's - she has Kurumi's personality sans memories - IE, like Kurumi pre-Spirit), and Hibiki was, due to her power, forced to act according to Kurumi's personality - so we never actually see the real Kurumi and Hibiki interact. Like, at all.

However, Hibiki/Kurumi still has all of her own memories, and is still herself, even if she does have Kurumi's memories and personality superimposed above her own. She initially saw Kurumi/Empty as something of a nuisance, but eventually grew to care for her.
Empty kind of just followed Hibiki/Kurumi around like a lost puppy, and was in awe of her strength. Think aloof senpai/shy kouhai, kind of.

The very last scene of DAB is of Kurumi vowing to move forward and find the man she is in love with.
(Sometime prior to DAB, Kurumi saw Shido through the power of her Fifth Bullet <Hei>, which gives her a short vision of the future. She saw a vision of him risking his life for her and saying he'll never leave/abandon her IIRC, with the implication being he's about to seal her for real - so the vision is of V17. Kurumi was also pretty close to giving up hope of ever succeeding, and just letting herself Invert when she had it, as well, so the fact that, one day, she meets someone who'd do that for her became her hope - things might be bad for her now, but if she keeps living, she'll meet that boy one day.)

DAB has a decently strong 'unrequited love' theme, from what I can tell, with Hibiki/Kurumi gainin access to the real Kurumi's memories of that vision and falling in love with Shidou by proxy, IIRC. Thus, Hibiki is love with Shidou, but it will never be requited, whereas Kurumi - once more complete - can have that love. Hibiki wants Kurumi to 'live for her too', as it were.
Old 2017-04-28, 20:51   Link #16406
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen

Quote:
Depends on how you mean.

Kurumi has a different personality as Empty (not Hibiki's - she has Kurumi's personality sans memories - IE, like Kurumi pre-Spirit), and Hibiki was, due to her power, forced to act according to Kurumi's personality - so we never actually see the real Kurumi and Hibiki interact. Like, at all.

However, Hibiki/Kurumi still has all of her own memories, and is still herself, even if she does have Kurumi's memories and personality superimposed above her own. She initially saw Kurumi/Empty as something of a nuisance, but eventually grew to care for her.
Empty kind of just followed Hibiki/Kurumi around like a lost puppy, and was in awe of her strength. Think aloof senpai/shy kouhai, kind of.

The very last scene of DAB is of Kurumi vowing to move forward and find the man she is in love with.
(Sometime prior to DAB, Kurumi saw Shido through the power of her Fifth Bullet <Hei>, which gives her a short vision of the future. She saw a vision of him risking his life for her and saying he'll never leave/abandon her IIRC, with the implication being he's about to seal her for real - so the vision is of V17. Kurumi was also pretty close to giving up hope of ever succeeding, and just letting herself Invert when she had it, as well, so the fact that, one day, she meets someone who'd do that for her became her hope - things might be bad for her now, but if she keeps living, she'll meet that boy one day.)

DAB has a decently strong 'unrequited love' theme, from what I can tell, with Hibiki/Kurumi gainin access to the real Kurumi's memories of that vision and falling in love with Shidou by proxy, IIRC. Thus, Hibiki is love with Shidou, but it will never be requited, whereas Kurumi - once more complete - can have that love. Hibiki wants Kurumi to 'live for her too', as it were.
Aw... poor Hibiki, unrequited love can be so painful at times. Though to think Shido's been Kurumi's hope all this time is really sweet.

Now I'm honestly wondering how the story would have changed if her prediction of Shido had show him entirely? Right now it seems like Kurumi hasn't realized that Shido is the boy she's been looking for and needs to hear SHido say those exact words before it finally clicks.
Old 2017-04-28, 21:34   Link #16407
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-Oppai-Lover View Post
Aw... poor Hibiki, unrequited love can be so painful at times. Though to think Shido's been Kurumi's hope all this time is really sweet.

Now I'm honestly wondering how the story would have changed if her prediction of Shido had show him entirely? Right now it seems like Kurumi hasn't realized that Shido is the boy she's been looking for and needs to hear SHido say those exact words before it finally clicks.
She has, actually, IIRC. From the implications between DAB and V16 she realized it in Volume 3.
Besides, logic dictates she's figured it out by Volume 16, as she outright admits she loves him in it (in an absolutely heart-wrenching scene).

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2017-04-28 at 21:44.
Old 2017-04-28, 22:23   Link #16408
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Besides, logic dictates she's figured it out by Volume 16, as she outright admits she loves him in it (in an absolutely heart-wrenching scene).
Wait, wut?

I haven't been able to read the volume yet (and won't be able to for some time still), spoil plz.
Old 2017-04-29, 02:40   Link #16409
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen

Quote:
Sometime prior to DAB, Kurumi saw Shido through the power of her Fifth Bullet <Hei>, which gives her a short vision of the future. She saw a vision of him risking his life for her and saying he'll never leave/abandon her IIRC, with the implication being he's about to seal her for real - so the vision is of V17.
What I find funny is that vision of Shido in DAB could end up being the very thing that ruins Westcott's plans during this arc, I kinda wish it ends up the one/first thing that finally makes him lose his cool. Tachibana needs to do that at least one time before the story ends, and before the final battle.

At the same time, that also means Kurumi may have indirectly given Shido the means to save herself if she Inverses. What if that moment with the Shido illustration is her seeing Shido say he'll never leave/abandon her while she's Inverted? That would mean she gave Shido the chance to give her the hope that could undo the Inversion like he did with Origami.

That would be a really heartwarming moment, and almost like a symbolism of her past and her future finally coming together so she can live in the present.
Old 2017-04-29, 04:43   Link #16410
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wait, wut?

I haven't been able to read the volume yet (and won't be able to for some time still), spoil plz.
Oh not to Shidou, to herself. She admits to herself that she's fallen in love with him upon one of his many, many deaths.
Old 2017-04-29, 05:08   Link #16411
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Huh, in the summary I read it said she had a tsundere moment and denied any feelings for him near the end of the volume.
Old 2017-04-29, 05:10   Link #16412
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

I could be wrong, but that doesn't match up with what I seem to recall.
Old 2017-04-29, 05:16   Link #16413
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I need to get this volume. T.T
Old 2017-04-30, 16:28   Link #16414
tuckersister

If Hibiki really does appear in DAL 17, what would be her purpose? Many years has passed, so she must doing something during that time.

I still don't know too much about Hibiki aside from what the thread posted (we still don't know what she actually looks like). Her angel is a bit confusing.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 17:08   Link #16415
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

@Shinji, she was acting tsundere in the newest reset where Shidou is still alive and listening to Chuurumi explaining things, she admitted her feelings during that scene I summarized before.

@The Chaos Entity, some of your info seems to come from my posts but the other stuff is a bit weird. First off, Hibiki continues to follow after Kurumi and work together with her after the events of DAB. Also, I did remember reading that overusing her powers could potentially cripple her but I don't think she lost her powers after DAB. The other thing, Kurumi in DAB only forgot Shidou's name but still remembers that she loves him so it's implied that she already met him, it can be assumed that the spin off is after the events of vol 3 but people aren't sure of the chronological order.

@tuckersister, her angel is not confusing, it allows her to steal the targets power in addition to their personality and appearance. I'm not sure if it's a real bodyswap or just shapeshifting but Empty is Hibiki's real appearance.
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 17:21   Link #16416
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Wait what, really?
Then where the hell has she been up until now?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm excited by this development - I was pretty disappointed by the version of events that I'd seen - but...? Where the hell has she been since whenever the hell they met?! Are we supposed to infer that she died? Or could it be a sequel hook for the next DAL Fragment novel?

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2017-04-30 at 18:09.
Old 2017-04-30, 20:57   Link #16417
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

Quote:
Wait what, really?
Then where the hell has she been up until now?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm excited by this development - I was pretty disappointed by the version of events that I'd seen - but...? Where the hell has she been since whenever the hell they met?! Are we supposed to infer that she died? Or could it be a sequel hook for the next DAL Fragment novel?
I have no idea, apparently the next book is about Kurumi and Hibiki heading to the ninth territory of "Idols" in order to find a way back to the other world since Kurumi wants to once again meet the boy who's name she doesn't know. So going from that, there's a high chance of a singing and dancing Kurumi in the next volume. I'm just piecing together various new blog summaries btw, Kurumi is supposedly way more straightforward and cute with her love towards Shidou since it's the only thing remaining for her. She also retains her crazy side as she went yandere when she saw Shidou talking to an unknown spirit (Tohka) and wanted to kill her and also wants to lick Shidou... The Tohka part makes some think DAB is around vol1 in the main story but idk. One more thing, Shidou seems to have become a legend in the neighboring world since the quasi-spirits sort of shares bits of memories so countless girls are in love with him after hearing his words towards a spirit.
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 22:17   Link #16418
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
She also retains her crazy side as she went yandere when she saw Shidou talking to an unknown spirit (Tohka) and wanted to kill her and also wants to lick Shidou... The Tohka part makes some think DAB is around vol1 in the main story but idk.
So Kurumi knew that it was Shidou? In that case, we can specify it even more. If we consider the epilogue of Vol.4 than it can only be happen between Vol.1 & 2. Otherwise is not possible.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 04:59   Link #16419
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
I have no idea, apparently the next book is about Kurumi and Hibiki heading to the ninth territory of "Idols" in order to find a way back to the other world since Kurumi wants to once again meet the boy who's name she doesn't know. So going from that, there's a high chance of a singing and dancing Kurumi in the next volume. I'm just piecing together various new blog summaries btw, Kurumi is supposedly way more straightforward and cute with her love towards Shidou since it's the only thing remaining for her. She also retains her crazy side as she went yandere when she saw Shidou talking to an unknown spirit (Tohka) and wanted to kill her and also wants to lick Shidou... The Tohka part makes some think DAB is around vol1 in the main story but idk. One more thing, Shidou seems to have become a legend in the neighboring world since the quasi-spirits sort of shares bits of memories so countless girls are in love with him after hearing his words towards a spirit.
Ahhh... I see! They're in the Tenth Territory in DAB, and the Ninth Territory now - they're journeying through the tree of life.
If it's Volume 1-ish though, then that does suggest that she used her Fifth Bullet to see a glimpse of her future - and thus, him - unless she remembers him on the rooftop from V11.
So, since she hasn't been mentioned, I'm going to go ahead and assume that Hibiki either dies at some point, or elects to stay in the bordering dimension at the end of their adventure.

I don't suppose you have anything else to share, like a summary of the whole plot, or what, exactly, Quasi-Spirits are, and how they differ from full-Spirits created by Mio and Reine.

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2017-05-01 at 09:53.
Old 2017-05-01, 07:07   Link #16420
Estzero1

Quote:
If it's Volume 1-ish though, ...
It's probably right after Volume 1 and I don't think the 5th Bullet was involved.
I say Kurumi started to remember him after Phantom told her.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy