AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-11-18, 20:30   Link #601
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
the flashback is a huge hint on her condition but what was with that last panel with the smoking chimmley and huge "aki san!" scream...hmm...
I asumed that was a crematorium, and it was just Reiji crying out for his lost love.

Creamation is the most common method of dealing with the dead in Japan. It is the cremated remains that are burried in Japanese graveyards, rather than the bodies themselves.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 04:58   Link #602
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Yup yup chapter 32 confirmed it. Aoki does posses the player gene. Even though he doesn't know he has it. >_>

Spoiler for Ch.32:

Nice chapter all in all.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 07:08   Link #603
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Yup yup chapter 32 confirmed it. Aoki does posses the player gene. Even though he doesn't know he has it. >_>

Spoiler for Ch.32:

Nice chapter all in all.
Rin, aoki and hoin....now shirai? So now its a love rectangle?
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 07:16   Link #604
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowow View Post
Rin, aoki and hoin....now shirai? So now its a love rectangle?
Good Lord. Shirai of all people? The manga-ka continues to amaze me.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 16:24   Link #605
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Eh I can't really see much of anything developing there....But I'm ecstatic to get a shiro-chan chapter.

I think its great how she started out as the cliche kinda grouchy old lady teacher that sticks to the rules, but slowly evolved into a great character with alot of humanity in her.

Shes easily my favorite character of the manga and her dealing with parental influences both with herself and a students this go round was a joy to read.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 17:57   Link #606
endlezz
Ace of Spades

Yep, very nice chapter. I really like Shirai-sensei since the Kuro/Shiro-chapters. I liked how they showed the hair pin in the end ^^
endlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 18:19   Link #607
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I asumed that was a crematorium, and it was just Reiji crying out for his lost love.

Creamation is the most common method of dealing with the dead in Japan. It is the cremated remains that are burried in Japanese graveyards, rather than the bodies themselves.
i thought so...ouch ;___;

wouldnt want to see your beloved being reduced to ashes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post

Spoiler for Ch.32:

Nice chapter all in all.
zomg haha! why her of all people! XD

lets see if they can make the story into a love pentagon...or hexagon ^^

(i expect to see some tsun tsun dere dereness in this chapter XD)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 00:52   Link #608
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Shirai has been in play since her first appearance, the thing is she's been pointed out as single multiple times yet she shows 0% interest in that guy that is always drooling over her which means in haremville she is one of the heroes girls. I pegged her as a motoko/suzuka tsundere type right away.
which really just makes her girl number 2 after houin bigboobie sensei. some will point out rin etc but rin is a mirror to show the character of the main dude she isn't a love interest she is simply a way for aoki to demonstrate his worthiness to the real women.
Old 2007-11-25, 13:09   Link #609
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
Shirai has been in play since her first appearance, the thing is she's been pointed out as single multiple times yet she shows 0% interest in that guy that is always drooling over her which means in haremville she is one of the heroes girls. I pegged her as a motoko/suzuka tsundere type right away.
which really just makes her girl number 2 after houin bigboobie sensei. some will point out rin etc but rin is a mirror to show the character of the main dude she isn't a love interest she is simply a way for aoki to demonstrate his worthiness to the real women.
Rin is the number one girl. Even though she has almost no chance to win, but this series does really focus on their relationship. Rin is in love with Aoki. That Aoki isn't with Rin is irrelevant.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 14:06   Link #610
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

rin is an integral part of the story but only in that she allows us to see aoki's better qualities. What rin really needs and will likely find in aoki is the missing father figure. her cousin is obviously disturbed (he sees her as a replacement for his lost love) and fails to fill this role. if we look at rin as a potential love interest for aoki we have to assume she is the central character (the love is obviously and forever 1 sided) since aoki is the central character his feelings or potential feelings are what really matter.
Old 2007-11-26, 10:55   Link #611
GammaRed

I really wish I had something to say about that chapter... but I dont.

Odd, I always find something to say about each chap. Oh well.
GammaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 13:48   Link #612
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaRed View Post
I really wish I had something to say about that chapter... but I dont.

Odd, I always find something to say about each chap. Oh well.
Were you just surprised? Or was it something else?
Old 2007-11-27, 15:40   Link #613
tebahpla
Not B&

do you guise know how often the manga chapter comes out? weekly? monthly? quarterly?

i think this manga seems to go on forever...
tebahpla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 16:21   Link #614
NaweG
Just some guy

Monthly. At the bottom of the last page of each chapter it usually has the date for the next issue.

Hope this helps!
Old 2007-11-27, 18:38   Link #615
tebahpla
Not B&

thats great help! thanks so much.

the 1st time isaw its OVA i loved it. I knew it was gonna go deeper than its loli ecci story line.
tebahpla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 02:17   Link #616
GammaRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowow View Post
Were you just surprised? Or was it something else?
I think it was the surprise of Shirai-chan trying to deal with her past issues and opening up, not just because of Aoki-kun, but also because of Houin-chan's difficulty with one of the PTA.

I really didn't know wot to make of her in this chapter, it was a complete switch of char traits.
Old 2007-11-28, 07:44   Link #617
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

i wasn't really that surprised, i always felt shirai had more to her than was shown, the typical tsundere type to be honest. though i am not sure if she will ever have the courage to act on it, (since she often keeps her thoughts to herself, even though we get to see them) i am reasonably sure she will fall in love with aoki and to be honest i wouldn't be terribly surprised by the addition of a third girl, possibly someone from aokis past (the childhood friend type)
Old 2007-11-28, 07:57   Link #618
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
i wasn't really that surprised, i always felt shirai had more to her than was shown, the typical tsundere type to be honest. though i am not sure if she will ever have the courage to act on it, (since she often keeps her thoughts to herself, even though we get to see them) i am reasonably sure she will fall in love with aoki and to be honest i wouldn't be terribly surprised by the addition of a third girl, possibly someone from aokis past (the childhood friend type)
Oh my. A childhood friend huh? Sounds very interesting. I would like to see that.

Also @GammaRed

I wouldnt mind seeing the next chapter being part of the shirai side of the story as well. It was very interesting to see how she is being developed and how things are possibly going to turn into another love interest type of thing.
It was pretty amusing to see her say "Am i jealous?" because thats usually the start of some kind of romance in manga.
Old 2007-11-29, 08:49   Link #619
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

.........Thank god I decide to hold off the down payment for this.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 18:44   Link #620
GammaRed

Yeah, very much so, I can see how you were lucky, the arm and hair attachement points are VERY poorly done, all so the backpack can be taken off? It also looks like the arms and torso are difrent paint tones from the immage, that may be lighting tho.

The face isnt bad at least that I can see, a lil more definition around the mouth could have helped a lot tho.

Be glad you saved your wallaet, but be sad that they are trying to pass off clearly infearor work for our KNJ Rin!

BAD PCV MAKER BAD!

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen