AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-21, 15:55   Link #1521
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
I am leaving amass several episodes to watch, but these words were strong, now I'm eager to watch.
the entire idea of what was trying to be done in NT 9 and the power scale (tone down to the level of a city) sounds the same but don't get your hopes up.

The anime is a crap -_-

there.... I actually said it Its rare for me to actually something like this and still continue to watched it and not drop it!!!
Old 2014-02-21, 16:17   Link #1522
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Still sad that Himeragi is the main heroine, all the girls are so much better
Somehow I think it's almost rule in Anime
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 16:44   Link #1523
AceTrigger

The fight is anti-climatic as always but it was a decent episode. The fanservice in this episode are just wow.. \o/

Final arc here we comes~

Edit: that glasses guy have Itogami in his name O__o

Last edited by AceTrigger; 2014-02-21 at 17:34.
AceTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 17:47   Link #1524
Kakurin
大佐

What, that fourth kenjuu is supposed to be a turtle? Looked like an ugly crab, what the heck?

This episode broached a number of interesting issues. Among them the issue of Sekkarou not negating magic, but "restoring the world to a state it is meant to be" and that Itogami fellow.

As for the episode, a recurring theme, especially when fight scenes come up it just looks like a boatload of potential is wasted every time. I have the feeling that it could be much better if the execution wasn't that poor. And the pacing is definitely too fast. Either that or the staff is just not skillful enough in adapting.

Yukina with that sort-of confession, only to be overheard by everybody? But didn't Kojou already agree to spend the rest of the festival together with Asagi?

Last but not least seeing that little Natsuki-chan with her normal personality was quite funny. Well, so long for her. Next episode that illusion of hers (or whatever to call) will be back. Not that it makes a difference, however.
Old 2014-02-21, 17:56   Link #1525
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Somehow I think it's almost rule in Anime
So sad that it's true... I can't think of an anime where the best girl is the main girl
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 17:57   Link #1526
AceTrigger

I wonder when will we see glasses dude again?

Btw, who do you guys think is the best girl in this series?
AceTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 18:07   Link #1527
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
So sad that it's true... I can't think of an anime where the best girl is the main girl
Well, that depends on the view point. All three girls in my avatar / signature are the female lead of their respective shows.

As for Himeragi, I don't think she's that bad, or bad at all. I like most of the female cast here, though Asagi stands at the top with La Folia following behind. Oh, and yes, we got another Avrora sighting this episode!
Old 2014-02-21, 18:20   Link #1528
Ickarium

Call me weird, I never get the 'My girl is awesome so this girl sucks' thing. I like pretty much all of them for different reasons. I found the words at the end rather hilarious. Everyone watching, and she's like: YOU GOT IT WRONG! Reminds me of earlier with Kujou saying that when Asagi heard him talking to Himeragi and thought they had sex. Kinda a callback.
Old 2014-02-21, 18:26   Link #1529
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Call me weird, I never get the 'My girl is awesome so this girl sucks' thing. I like pretty much all of them for different reasons. I found the words at the end rather hilarious. Everyone watching, and she's like: YOU GOT IT WRONG! Reminds me of earlier with Kujou saying that when Asagi heard him talking to Himeragi and thought they had sex. Kinda a callback.
Well, me neither. I do have preferences for certain girls, but unless I have a particular point which I dislike about them (mainly behaviour) I am not hostile towards them. It's perfectly possible to be fond of multiple characters while liking one best. I don't need to bash another character for the one I like best to be the best.

Well, this show has multiple references you can misconstruct as sexual. I mean, that entire first part with Kojou, Sayaka and Yuuma was like that. I laughed when Yuuma said that they should begin what Sayaka and Kojou were about to do, only with the three of them this time.
Old 2014-02-21, 18:27   Link #1530
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
the entire idea of what was trying to be done in NT 9 and the power scale (tone down to the level of a city) sounds the same but don't get your hopes up.

The anime is a crap -_-

there.... I actually said it Its rare for me to actually something like this and still continue to watched it and not drop it!!!
Regardless: your words that this is in some way like NT 9 is making me really really want to watch this... I guess I'll continue watching, I was really liking the beginning...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 18:39   Link #1531
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
You can look on it from opposite direction as well, if Himeragi was awesome, she would be "My awesome girl" for everyone so there would be no such comments.

Problem is she isn't and literaly EVERY other girl is far better, like Sayaka, La Folia, Asagi, Yuuma or Natsuki (did I forgot mention someone?). And yet Himeragi with her bland and obnoxious personality get most screen time. That's pretty good reason for "This girl suck" claim, if you ask me.

Actualy forget about other girls, even that bland and obnoxious part would be enough.
Old 2014-02-21, 18:44   Link #1532
Pong

I kinda like how Aya kidnapped Himmeragi just to discuss philosophy with her.

Wait. so Himmeragi wasn't born on this world?

So Koujou couldn't heal because of awakened Familiar.

Well, that was lewd Sayaka. Good girl.

New familiar is cool. Turning whole city to a mist was awesome.

Akatsuki had enough and was ready for battle... with trusty Yukina by his side.

Who knew that a nosebleed would become relevant again.

Yukina wants Kojou to stay with her forever. How bold! Best girl by far.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 18:50   Link #1533
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Love the episode, lets of ero action

Still sad that Himeragi is the main heroine, all the girls are so much better
I don't think it's sad. This arc brought up an interesting point. What exactly is Himeragi? Is she really human?
Old 2014-02-21, 18:55   Link #1534
rladls716

The anime still has not ended yet, it feels long.

At the end Motogi still hasn't appeared once since Aya's appearance and defeat.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 19:14   Link #1535
Reality_Breaker

So let me get this straight:

1. The spear = Imagine Breaker

2. Yuuma's mom = Othinus

3. Kuujou = weakest vampire ever

4. Himeragi = Worst girl by far (Has reached Index Prohibitorum level of dislike and annoyance, at least for me)

I mean I like this anime enough to keep watching but it's still only registering in my mind as a poor man's TAMNI/NT. Too many similarities to NT.9 to be a coincidence, I mean come on, the timing is too perfect. XD
Old 2014-02-21, 19:15   Link #1536
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls716 View Post
At the end Motogi still hasn't appeared once since Aya's appearance and defeat.
Yaze? He did appear, in that conversation with Paper Noise.

Um, Kojou weakest vampire ever? What are you watching, yes he's still a beginner, but the power of his kenjuus is pretty up high. To quote that person from the Lion King Organization: If he wanted he could destroy the entire island. Yeah, totally weak.
Old 2014-02-21, 19:17   Link #1537
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
So let me get this straight:

1. The spear = Imagine Breaker

2. Yuuma's mom = Othinus

3. Kuujou = weakest vampire ever

4. Himeragi = Worst girl by far (Has reached Index Prohibitorum level of dislike and annoyance, at least for me)

I mean I like this anime enough to keep watching but it's still only registering in my mind as a poor man's TAMNI/NT. Too many similarities to NT.9 to be a coincidence, I mean come on, the timing is too perfect. XD
At least make sure you know that the series is based on a novel. The volume got released first before Othinus got introduced in TAMNI.
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 19:30   Link #1538
Ickarium

I would say that this is a very small sample size, Tenzen, and that drawing conclusions about a general population from the few people who post in this forum would be ill-advised.

Fans are fans, Avaricia. Did you know that Joss Whedon invented the musical episode? S'true! And the Question was TOTALLY ripping off Rorschach! I can go on. Sarcasm aside, there are usually parallels in most pieces of fiction. Sadly, people like to bring them up a lot as if it's a unique thing.
Old 2014-02-21, 19:51   Link #1539
Tenzen12

Even small sample is usable and animesuki is pretty much biggest and best versed western anime community. also it's not like animesuki is only community around I am part of.
Old 2014-02-21, 20:00   Link #1540
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
At least make sure you know that the series is based on a novel. The volume got released first before Othinus got introduced in TAMNI.
First of all I know that this is based on a LN and that this was obviously out before NT.9, common sense much... wait what am I saying this is the internet.

Moving along I'm just stating things that are similar in both series, also NT did a hell of a lot better job of expanding and explaining in each of it's arcs than this seems to be doing.

and Yes He is the weakest Vampire ever, just because people say he can do it doesn't make it otherwise, let's see so far how many enemies has he defeated without anyone's help?, better yet how many enemies has he himself defeated without Himeragi interrupting or giving the final blow? For a vampire that's supposed to be the strongest he spends a lot of time on the floor. and come on what about the coincidence that every pokem.. familiar he summons is always one that seems to have the exact power need to stop the enemy?

I don't hate this anime in fact that i'm still watching says a lot but that doesn't mean i'm not going to point out things that stick out like a sore thumb that bother me and while I may be biased and like TAMI/NT comparing them isn't instantly a bad thing.

On another note which of the two got serialized as a LN first, TAMNI/NT or StB?

Tags
supernatural, vampires