Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-08-24, 01:21   Link #121
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
if they do give Thanos the IG, the whole of the MCU can't do shit about it..
That's kind of the point though. He's not going to not have it, lol.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 01:23   Link #122
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Drax alone should be able take regular Thanos, that's his whole propose in "life" and the reason for his existence, and if they do give Thanos the IG, the whole of the MCU can't do shit about it...
That's only possible because Drax was powered up by Thanos' father. The film version hasn't had that... yet. It depends on if they want to go into the Titan race with more detail.
Old 2014-08-24, 20:37   Link #123
AnimeFan188

'Guardians' retakes box office, stomps newcomers:

"The penultimate weekend of summer ranged from lackluster to terrible for new
offerings If I Stay and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, making way for Guardians of the
Galaxy to reclaim the top spot at the North American box office as it became the top
grossing film of the season.

Marvel Studios and Disney’s Guardians took in $17.6 million in its fourth weekend
for a domestic total of $251.9 million, eclipsing the $243.3 million grossed by
Transformers: Age of Extinction. To boot, it should soon become the top grossing
film of the year so far in North America when overtaking fellow Marvel title Captain
America: The Winter Soldier ($259.8 million). Globally, Guardians has now grossed
$489 million."

See:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/box-off...659447657.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 08:56   Link #124
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Those who have yet to watch this movie should not open this spoiler tag:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 22:34   Link #125
ronin myael
lost ronin

The most entertaining movie of the year for me (so far), the year is not over yet after all. It reminds me of The Last Starfighter, just an overall fun sci-fi flick that doesn't take itself too seriously. It's definitely the funniest Marvel movie to date in my opinion.
Old 2014-09-15, 20:52   Link #126
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly remains my favorite movie of the year so far. This summer did have some pretty entertaining ones so that is still saying something from my perspective.

Glad to see it's having good success in the theaters. Though will probably wait till it hits video before I see it again. More cost effective to just wait and buy it then .
Old 2014-09-15, 21:11   Link #127
Frontier

Not to reiterate any of the high praises anyone in this thread have posted about the movie, which I feel it very much deserves, but I will say that seeing Thanos in full-view and finally speaking, as well as Howard the Duck, gave me such a big grin as a comic book fan .

Oh, and I couldn't stop laughing at Star-Lord's "Dance-of." I can't think of any conclusion to a final fight in a Superhero movie that was so darn hilarious .
Old 2014-09-15, 22:01   Link #128
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Not to reiterate any of the high praises anyone in this thread have posted about the movie, which I feel it very much deserves, but I will say that seeing Thanos in full-view and finally speaking, as well as Howard the Duck, gave me such a big grin as a comic book fan .

Oh, and I couldn't stop laughing at Star-Lord's "Dance-of." I can't think of any conclusion to a final fight in a Superhero movie that was so darn hilarious .
I thought the after credit was a bit of a let down. Mostly since I only knew that Howard the Duck existed, not really much else. Now if it was some CG version of Darkwing Duck I'd have a bit more excitement there . Think the best part at the end was the little Groot dancing scene.

But, yeah seeing Thanos was pretty good. Certainly had presence in his short scenes and has one heck of a throne .

I have to say Star Lord knows how to leave an impact early and late. Some of my favorite moments included that dancing bit at the start when the title came up and when he had that dance off against Ronan at the end . I'll give him props, it was an effective distraction.
Old 2014-09-16, 00:20   Link #129
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I've watched the 80s Howard the Duck movie years ago (yeah, the one where he awkwardly flirt with a girl). So, at least I felt a little bit nostalgia when watching the end-credit scene.

PS: I wonder what Thanos do during his free time. Just sitting there and grinning must be boring for "the most powerful being in the galaxy". Did he plays X-box?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2014-09-16 at 03:25. Reason: Correction about Howard the Duck movie
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 00:24   Link #130
Frontier

Knowing Thanos, he's probably waxing lyrical about Death and how much he yearns for it. Either that, or he's trying to come up with new plans to get the Infinity Stones and Gauntlet considering that's been pretty unsuccessful so far .

Maybe that's why Ronan killing The Other bothered him so much. Now he has no one to talk to or bounce off anymore .
Old 2014-09-16, 00:25   Link #131
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

He might be considering getting up and starting to collect the stones himself. Clearly sitting on a throne and making admittedly awesome sounding threats isn't working for him .
Old 2014-09-16, 00:40   Link #132
Frontier

Well, it's not like Ronan or his daughters really helped much and he still needs to get all seven .

The only thing he's got going for him is Loki now being in charge of Asgard, which means he might have some access to the Infinity Gauntlet if Loki's in a giving or appeasing mood...
Old 2014-09-16, 02:38   Link #133
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Well, it's not like Ronan or his daughters really helped much and he still needs to get all seven .

The only thing he's got going for him is Loki now being in charge of Asgard, which means he might have some access to the Infinity Gauntlet if Loki's in a giving or appeasing mood...
Who knows which version of Loki were are ending up with in the future. But if it is Thor 1 Loki, he would try his best to defend Asgard and being the king he always said hewas qualified to be. At worst I might see him giving Thanos what he wants in exchange for sparing the nation from war, at best I want to see him trying to be a hero for as long as he could before being defeated and running away, realising he wasn't strong enough.
Old 2014-09-16, 10:52   Link #134
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I kind of wonder if in some of the next movies they will have Thanos actually steal some of those stones. Might take up too much time in Avengers 3 if he has to steal all of them then.

Really wonder what kind of Loki we'll get here. To be fair he's already started off by doing 'something' with Odin and stealing the throne so not exactly off to a great Kingly start there. Seems to vary between someone you can sympathize with to someone there is no problem watching the Hulk smash into the ground . How he behaves now that he's got this much authority will be interesting though I guess it won't come into play until Thor 3.
Old 2014-09-16, 11:15   Link #135
GDB

Well, he sent Sif to retrieve Lorelei in Agents of SHIELD. So he's doing... something?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 17:42   Link #136
Galaxian

I was very surprised when they actually showed a Celestial.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 21:38   Link #137
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, he sent Sif to retrieve Lorelei in Agents of SHIELD. So he's doing... something?
I could see his sending Sif after her as a means of keeping up appearances as Odin. It also wouldn't shock me if he also had an ulterior motive planned once Lorelei is brought back, like maybe using her to find her sister, the Enchantress.

As for what Loki might be up to... well, he's finally got the power to rule that he's always sought after and with no one the wiser, especially not Thor. And now that he's in charge, he's probably going to enjoy himself as best he can and lead Asgard down the path he feels it's meant to be in, and likely down depths that Thor and Odin would never dare tread .

I wouldn't be shocked if he's locked Thor out of using the Bifrost Bridge somehow, or at least has found a way to keep him from getting into Asgard. I guess the real question would be if Loki can be satisfied and rest easy knowing Thor is still alive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I was very surprised when they actually showed a Celestial.
Likewise. I also hadn't heard of Knowhere before, so it was quite a shock to see it was housed in the head of one .
Old 2014-09-16, 21:54   Link #138
GDB

I'd prefer they kept Loki as a sort of misguided anti-hero, and actually made his reign as faux-Odin relatively successful. Let the "villains" win without actually "winning".
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 22:03   Link #139
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I wouldn't be shocked if he's locked Thor out of using the Bifrost Bridge somehow, or at least has found a way to keep him from getting into Asgard. I guess the real question would be if Loki can be satisfied and rest easy knowing Thor is still alive...
Even Avengers Loki, which was Loki at his worst, wasn't the type who want to kill Thor. Thor isn't his mortal enemy, never were. Loki wants to prove he is better than Thor at being a king, and just killing Thor proves nothing.

The issue is that Thor 1 Loki is the best version, but the hardest to write stories for. While in Thor 2 Thor himself said he isn't interested in running the country at the moment, so Loki sees no reason to rock the boat. The question is what he would do when Thanos come knocking. Would he run, or would he fight? We will know if he was a coward or not, then.
Old 2014-09-16, 22:17   Link #140
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well his rule should be alright long as he doesn't go back to Avengers Loki who seemed to have "look at me" syndrome . People might start getting suspicious if he builds the Loki tower somewhere .

Thor 1 Loki was an interesting character. You could dislike him at times, but also sympathize with him. I honestly can see his rule either going relatively well if he keeps his head on straight or horribly wrong if he gets way too carried away and drunk on the power of the position he currently has.