AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-11-20, 14:17   Link #61
GDB

But Fox is notorious for canceling shows, whereas the CW isn't.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 15:02   Link #62
Dwennimmen
(^-^)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think they could have held off any outbursts from Harvey. Sure have it be something that he's dealing with, but seems like you could even build up to that. Instead of going "wink wink it's Two Face!"

Kind of feels like the show is so afraid it's going to get cancelled it's rushing every guy who will become a Batman villain into the series while they are still on the air.

Lmao exactly...I was so shocked at that outburst I thought he was seriously joking with the dude until I realized that this was how they wanted to play out two face..haha..

This show should have taken a cue from Sleepy hollow, give a strong shorter first season (if that's an option) and hopefully come back stronger with a second season...though Sleepy Hollow is taking a pathetic turn in it's second season.

But this method would have saved them from pulling every popular and major villain card in the very first season...I'm half expecting the actual Joker to show up in the final episode :/ lol
Dwennimmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 20:13   Link #63
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But Fox is notorious for canceling shows, whereas the CW isn't.
Gotham is the closest thing Fox has to a hit in their Fall lineup - it's not going anywhere. Whatever reasons it has for pacing decisions, fear of cancellation is definitely not one of them.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 09:03   Link #64
GDB

It's all about expectations, though. If they expected Arrow levels of success or better it could still end up canceled. Fox isn't known for making the best decisions.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 09:46   Link #65
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwennimmen View Post
...I'm half expecting the actual Joker to show up in the final episode :/ lol
There's speculation that future Joker may have already been seen as one of the comedians on Mooney's stage early on. Of course, that's just speculation.

Yeah, FOX. How many times did they cancel Family Guy?

Endless "Bad habits" Soul
Old 2014-11-21, 11:03   Link #66
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Supposedly there's going to be "red herring" Joker candidates, as in, 4 or 5 guys who are likely to become the Joker...
Old 2014-11-21, 15:31   Link #67
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Supposedly there's going to be "red herring" Joker candidates, as in, 4 or 5 guys who are likely to become the Joker...
Maybe they'll fight it out like Liza did with the other singer girl.

Endless "Several jokers enter, one Joker leaves" Soul
Old 2014-11-21, 18:46   Link #68
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's all about expectations, though. If they expected Arrow levels of success or better it could still end up canceled. Fox isn't known for making the best decisions.
Expectations have no bearing on advertising rates. The only thing that matters is ratings, especially 18-34. Gotham isn't going anywhere.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 17:37   Link #69
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

No comments on Alfred's badassery this week's episode? Nothing's been said out loud yet, but apparently they did incorporated the ex-SAS backstory.
Old 2014-11-27, 22:56   Link #70
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Alfred stole this episode.
He usually owns every scenne he's in, but this week it was downright a felony.

Meanwhile, I must be the only viewer who finds the Selina/Bruce interactions absolutely a-do-ra-ble.
LOVE these kids.

Edward hugging Gordon was five shades of cute too.
Still not big on Fish.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-08, 01:06   Link #71
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Having just seen this episode, I have only this to say about Alfred: Damn.

Also he's not ex-SAS, he's ex Royal Marines Commando (unlike the US Marine Corps, which is light infantry geared around the amphibious assault mission, the Royal Marines are legit special forces). I especially like the scene when he and Bullock pull up to the warehouse and the goons open fire. Bullock returns fire and takes cover, like any sensible person would.

Alfred charges the ambush. Enough said.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 15:00   Link #72
monster

Alright, it seems this whole Fish arc is coming to a close, if it hasn't already, and poor girl.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 14:19   Link #73
Dark Wing

Well it looks like we're finally getting around to watching the birth of many of these future villains. However it seems that poor penguin will forever be the butt monkey.
Old 2015-02-10, 17:35   Link #74
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Well it looks like we're finally getting around to watching the birth of many of these future villains. However it seems that poor penguin will forever be the butt monkey.
At least he can take solace in the fact that, compared to most iterations of him, he's relatively good looking here .
Old 2015-02-10, 18:03   Link #75
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Penguin has always been the butt monkey, I'll be lying if I say that I remember more than one or two stories in 20 or so years where Penguin was a genuine menace

Nigma, on the other hand... Well, he was an even better detective than Bats ..
Old 2015-02-12, 19:08   Link #76
Jagger

I gave it several episodes but this show just puts me to sleep. The actor who plays penguin is fantastic. Fish Mooney is awesome too. But that wasn't enough to keep me interested, the episodes are far too slow paced for my liking.
Jagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 04:36   Link #77
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

If you want fast pace, you came to the wrong show.

At its very core, the show is built to drag on.
We know we won't be seeing Penguin, Riddler, Joker, Catwoman, Batman or Two Face anytime soon, it's like Smallville where Tom spent 10 years dodging the blue suit.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-17, 17:06   Link #78
monster

I've been waiting for this, but finally Bruce is doing something again. I really wouldn't mind if they focus on showing him turning into the adult Bruce Wayne since we're not going to see Batman.

I guess we got to meet Gordon Dick's future parents, and possibly the future Joker.
Old 2015-02-18, 00:02   Link #79
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I've been waiting for this, but finally Bruce is doing something again. I really wouldn't mind if they focus on showing him turning into the adult Bruce Wayne since we're not going to see Batman.
It looks like somebody(ies) on the board are going to (expectedly) try and take Bruce out; I'd bet the staff will take the opportunity to introduce another future villain or future villain connection.

Quote:
I guess we got to meet Gordon Dick's future parents, and possibly the future Joker.
The Dark Knight set the bar pretty high for live-action Jokers with Heath Ledger's awesome performance, but I think the actor from this episode did a good job, especially with that laugh.

Oh man, I see Gordon, Thompson, and Barbara, and I can't help but think how ugly this is going to get. We know it'll turn out well in the end, sure, but the road to there is gonna be jagged and bloody.
Old 2015-02-18, 14:46   Link #80
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Oh man, I see Gordon, Thompson, and Barbara, and I can't help but think how ugly this is going to get. We know it'll turn out well in the end, sure, but the road to there is gonna be jagged and bloody.
You mean Thompkins? She seems like a future villain with her fascination with the investigation. And then, with this episode, I thought she might be Harley Quinn before I realized that the real name is wrong, not to mention the age.