AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-01-12, 23:45   Link #21
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Lucci himself has also popped up again, too.
He did? Where?
Old 2018-01-13, 05:43   Link #22
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
He did? Where?
Chapter 801, directly in the beginning was his last appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz_ View Post
Still this whole arc is getting dragged and all those breaks are not helping it.
When I re-read the arc in one go up to now I didn't had the feeling of it being dragged. Unlike other parts of the manga like the colo-fights in Dressrosa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz_ View Post
All we need is for Luffy to power up and be done with him.
If you look at it like this everyone is just a stepping stone for Luffy to become the PK. Don't think this point of view will help you enjoy the manga.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 12:56   Link #23
Clipens

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
All that being said, Flambe's design is.... odd. She seems to be a Robin/Hancock clone, yet she has an oddly disproportionate body that makes her look like an.... eggplant? But I guess most people won't care as long as she has a cute face, lol.
I think Oda decided to add a gum-girl. Starting from Luffy's design and powers the
author realized a more feminine (the ponytail and the absence of scars) version of the "future king". He gave her similar powers (the bouncing form is similar to the Luffy's one but "without breast problems") hinting a bubble gum. Basically she inflate herself as a bubble gum. The name is a reference to gear 2.
She is the "mirror" of Dressrosa's Bellamy. They idolize the awakened paramecia of the evil family, bounce and tried to kill Luffy...
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 16:55   Link #24
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
^I'd say Katakuri is a much needed power up for Luffy. We still do not get to see all of the results of his 2 year time skip training.

But still, I wonder if this will follow the previous arcs: go to a new location -> beat a high bounty boss -> have a big celebration afterwards.
the Doflamingo fight is pretty much the result of his 2 year training, at what he was able to do, and what he came up with during those 2 years. all other knowledge that Rayleigh imparted to him was for stuff that he would experience in his travels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post

Another thing in this chapter that bugs me is the fact that Rayleigh seems to know about (and possibly can do it) the abilities for foresee with Haki.
given he travelled the world twice with Roger, I'd say he saw the most talented users of Haki, and the full extent of it. what he imparted to Luffy was you can only improve yours if you are tested, and that's what Luffy sees Katakuri as.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 18:55   Link #25
thefreakmike

Okay everyone in case somebody didnt know, Oda twitted that he made a mistake with the numbering; Flambe is now the 36th daughter, not 33. Sanji aint going to jail
Old 2018-01-16, 17:03   Link #26
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
Okay everyone in case somebody didnt know, Oda twitted that he made a mistake with the numbering; Flambe is now the 36th daughter, not 33. Sanji aint going to jail
Thank. God.

The age and daughter number came across as very off whilst reading the chapter, because I knew that Oda said in one of the SBSs that the batch of 10 kids she's had at once when she was 50 are all currently 18.

Aaaand it looks like we might end up with the Big Mom Pirates attacking Fishman Island later down the line. Thanks, Stucy.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 00:17   Link #27
SilverGlavenus

^That and the fact that Luffy saw Katakuri in his snack time makes it almost impossible for Big Mom Pirates to let this go.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 10:47   Link #28
itachi-san314

It's almost time for BM to get her cake and make some kind of deal with the SHs. I'm curious to see exactly how it will all go down, but things have been heading that way for a while now. This chapter they essentially established that Luffy will keep fighting until the BM cake eating scene happens so I doubt that fight will get concluded definitively.

It's looking more likely that Dogtooth will start helping Luffy train in some way too. He'll develop a level of respect for him soon I think. I can see them grudgingly getting along. They both love to eat like pigs after all. Luffy might get Dogttoth to come out of the closet.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 16:05   Link #29
marvelB

A bit late, but I fixed the error concerning Flambe in the opening summary. Also, apparently her name is meant to be spelled Flampe, so.... that's another correction there. So yeah, with that matter cleared up, I think we can just disregard all that stuff I said earlier about Pudding's age, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
It's looking more likely that Dogtooth will start helping Luffy train in some way too. He'll develop a level of respect for him soon I think. I can see them grudgingly getting along. They both love to eat like pigs after all. Luffy might get Dogttoth to come out of the closet.

I dunno, even if Sanji's cake may change Big Mom's tune, it probably won't be that simple for Katakuri.... at least, not after his whole face was exposed to Luffy. Also, let us not forget that he acknowledged the rubber man as being a potential future threat to Big Mom, so that would be all the more reason for him to not be lenient with his opponent. And seeing how long this fight has been going on, it makes the most sense to see it through to the end, IMO. Otherwise, to end the clash in a sudden truce would just feel.... anti-climactic (to me, at least).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-18, 22:58   Link #30
P_Dezz

^ I agree. BM is not the individual that compromises, I mean that roulette wheel is a prime example.the way it's looking is she's going to pass out briefly from eating the cake, from so much pleasure she gets, and the rest of her crew(at least the resisting ones) will fall. Germa is on their way over there, and the remnants of BM's crew will not be able to deal with them.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-19, 01:34   Link #31
The Small One

IMHO the cake won't change much. It may take out BM temporarily, but this doesn't change the need for the SH to defeat her troops. It's not like she can let them go after tasting the most delicious cake ever. Sooner or later she will have another one of her rampages and if Sanji is not there to make another cake, it will be the end of her country anyways.

You know what would be even worse than all those breaks in the story: The author suddenly switching to the rest of the Straw Hat crew and leaving the battle unresolved for the next year until the other storyline is finished.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 10:25   Link #32
necrolyte

^Haha, I just could not refrain myself to post this gif here after reading your comment

On a more serious note, the other things you have said are true and I am curious how Oda will handle the espace of SHs after BM is out of the equation.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-20, 16:57   Link #33
Hoodspirit

I think Sanji will succeed in knocking BM out with the cake, but it won't be the solution of the arc.. She will faint for 3-4 hours so the SHs have the time to pick up Luffy without her on their tails.
Conclusion will come when everyone is in the same spot.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 07:32   Link #34
Major111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
I think Sanji will succeed in knocking BM out with the cake, but it won't be the solution of the arc.. She will faint for 3-4 hours so the SHs have the time to pick up Luffy without her on their tails.
Conclusion will come when everyone is in the same spot.
Or maybe BM will start eating her children out of joyment as she did before.
Major111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 08:00   Link #35
SilverGlavenus

^Well shit escalated real fast there.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-21, 11:07   Link #36
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I dunno, even if Sanji's cake may change Big Mom's tune, it probably won't be that simple for Katakuri.... at least, not after his whole face was exposed to Luffy. Also, let us not forget that he acknowledged the rubber man as being a potential future threat to Big Mom, so that would be all the more reason for him to not be lenient with his opponent. And seeing how long this fight has been going on, it makes the most sense to see it through to the end, IMO. Otherwise, to end the clash in a sudden truce would just feel.... anti-climactic (to me, at least).
It certainly could go that way but both outcomes seem off to me. If Dogtooth wins then Luffy dies right? So that can't happen. If Luffy wins, then he just beat a billion beri bounty who had essentially the same devil fruit only his was awakened. It just seems far fetched after Luffy couldn't even beat Cracker on his own. And if Luffy beats another awakened DF user, then it will diminish the whole awakening thing, when we should be excited for Luffy to learn it.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote