Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-04-05, 09:56   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Dungeon Meshi (Dungeon Meal)

Quote:
Plot:
After getting his sister devoured by a dragon and losing all their supplies in a failed dungeon raid, Ratos and his party is determined to save his sister before she get digested. Completely broke and having to resort to eating monsters as food, they meet a dwarf who will introduce them to the world of dungeon meshi - Delicious cuisines made from ingredients such as the flesh of giant bats, walking mushroom, or even screaming mandrakes.
I first read about the manga on ANN and was interested about it's plot which combines dungeon crawling and cooking.

After reading the first chapter, i couldn't stop laughing especially the things you have to do first before cooking a dead monster(Who knew Slimes have anuses. ).
Old 2015-04-05, 18:46   Link #2
Hata
時の異邦人

bump, yes, this is a COOKING MANGA, actually has a back story to it, too. Harta has surprising many good titles,
Old 2015-08-30, 15:10   Link #3
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The 2nd chapter is finally out.

And it's about making fruit pie.......from Man Eating Plants.

Poor Elf. lol
Old 2015-09-01, 02:36   Link #4
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

3rd chapter is out and the group eats a Basilisks.
Old 2015-09-01, 08:34   Link #5
kaikalaila

It was unfortunate that those two they saved ended up in such a fate. They better hope the damsel they are going to save has not been digested yet~
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 09:10   Link #6
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Casting heal with a "chicken" drumstick...priceless Senshi is hilarious to watch, the monster anatomy is pretty fun too. I'll be keeping an eye on this one
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 16:51   Link #7
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikalaila View Post
It was unfortunate that those two they saved ended up in such a fate. They better hope the damsel they are going to save has not been digested yet~
Eh, they died in a levle where many revivers run around and the plants take a lot of time to digest them like we saw in chapter 2. They are fine. They should just train more at lvl 1 before they go down to lvl 2.^^

I find it interesting that the dungeon seems to be a giant city which somehow in now underground and the deeper you go the more likely it will be that you find treasures there. Wonder how that city became a dungeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Casting heal with a "chicken" drumstick...priceless Senshi is hilarious to watch, the monster anatomy is pretty fun too. I'll be keeping an eye on this one
Tasty food can heal anybody's soul. Or in this case body from poison as well. I like how the dwarf didn't give two basilik shits about the dying adventurer and was like "isn't it too early for lunch?". xDDD
It's a fun manga and I like how it not only makes the cooking of monster seem fun and interesting but also the way they fight monsters like in this case confuse the monster with two heads due attacking at the same time from both sides. A simple yet effective tactic.
Old 2015-09-03, 17:51   Link #8
marvelB

So I recently just got into this series myself after hearing some good things about it! Reminds me a little of Toriko, but nowhere near as over-the-top (but then again, Toriko IS a series with a bunch of monsters that can easily wipe out humanity, after all ). Senshi's definitely my favorite character by far, but Marsilla is a close second. Poor elf woman..... but that's the fate she must bear as the "straight man" of the party.

Anyway, fourth translated chapter's out! So it turns out Marsilla's less efficient method of harvesting mandrakes gets better results after all..... still too bad the woman can't catch a break, though.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 22:22   Link #9
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Poor girl. lol
Old 2015-09-03, 22:26   Link #10
marvelB

Actually, I wonder how many people have brought dogs to dungeons in order to sacrifice them to killer screaming plants?
Old 2015-09-03, 23:23   Link #11
ellifeedn
Thinker

I recently learned of this series and enjoyed it. Looking forward to more cooking adventures.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-05, 10:24   Link #12
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

At last an area of incompetence for Senshi. I wonder how someone with so little respect for traps survived so long... Maybe that's how he ended up alone.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-05, 11:23   Link #13
marvelB

^My guess is that he just tanked through everything he came across prior to meeting the main party. I mean, the guy had no problem dipping his thumb in burning hot oil after all, so what's a few more deadly traps to him? Plus, the meals he made probably helped him survive, anyway.

Anyways, gotta say that cooking using dungeon traps is certainly unique..... makes me wonder how our party will prepare their meals when they reach the obligatory magma area?
Old 2015-09-05, 14:17   Link #14
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder how a Game Master might feel if someone tried this in a D&D game. What was it called, going off the rails?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-05, 14:31   Link #15
Xacual

Speaking as someone who played with lots of players that liked to do things like this? The answer would be to roll a d20.

Also I just picked up the series, it's pretty good. I hope they save his sister.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 05:16   Link #16
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I wonder how a Game Master might feel if someone tried this in a D&D game. What was it called, going off the rails?
If it was like this one Key and Peele sketch, where a nerd invites his gangster cousin to play D&D with his friends, where his cousin's D&D character derails the game by having the whole party go on a gangster spree by robbing merchants, getting drunk and scoring women, then the GM would just quit and make that person the new GM.

Anyway, that Dwarf cares too much about cooking food.
I feel sorry for the Hobbit.
Old 2015-09-08, 05:27   Link #17
marvelB

Next up on the menu: Living armors! Can't wait to see how THESE babies get cooked!
Old 2015-09-08, 06:16   Link #18
James Rye

"And a way to eat it."
This guy, ladies and gentlemen, is a man who truly thinks with his stomach. XD
Old 2015-09-08, 08:08   Link #19
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

lol. Now he wants to eat "Egg" Armor.
Old 2015-09-08, 11:01   Link #20
ellifeedn
Thinker