AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-12-22, 18:37   Link #61
leobreaker

^Author is trying to do different stuff in story, while i agree author didnt show much about what scythe can do even if you replace with halberd you wont feel difference. Scythe is suit for dark type character but still its new to mc having scythe as main weapon, there are ton of thing which only scythe can do if author take example from some games it would very creative than current plain scythe style.

As for elf i was very hype for that elf but sad she disappear after that arc. But dont worry there is another elf so have some hope.
leobreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-27, 08:08   Link #62
InMyOwnMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by leobreaker View Post
^Author is trying to do different stuff in story, while i agree author didnt show much about what scythe can do even if you replace with halberd you wont feel difference. Scythe is suit for dark type character but still its new to mc having scythe as main weapon, there are ton of thing which only scythe can do if author take example from some games it would very creative than current plain scythe style.

As for elf i was very hype for that elf but sad she disappear after that arc. But dont worry there is another elf so have some hope.
I didn't want another elf I wanted her, seriously i thought there was talk of them joining a party and yet the author just forgets her.

Actually a scythe can't compare to a halberd in combat, especially in this setting. The oversized blade of a scythe, its angle and the inward facing edge are more a hindrance than anything else. Fantasy series pretend it's a good slashing weapon but it's very impractical on that roll, because the edge is pointed inward on a scythe the wielder has to get closer and expose themselves to a counter attack just to try cutting. Using it on a mount like Set would actually put Set in more danger than an enemy again because of the inward edge and angle of the blade causing a lack of reach and threatening the mount. The only time scythes work in fantasy settings is when you completely ignore physics.

Halberd on the other hand is more flexible as a weapon, it can stab, chop, slash and strike with far better safety and control than a scythe. It's shape doesn't hinder it's range of movement nor is it any real danger to a mount, more importantly you can control your distance more and you're not exposing yourself to more danger. Scythes and Halberds are both polearm weapons, but they have completely different levels of performance and practicality.

I don't really mean to sound like some weapon elitest preaching on some high horse, and apologize if it's really coming across like that but can you really see anything a scythe can do that a halberd can't be set up to also do?
InMyOwnMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-30, 14:48   Link #63
leobreaker

^ Thing is this novel is so much slow paced and only 1 or 1.5 year pass in these 1k chapter so we dont know if she will come back or not but i also wanted her to join party she was 1st female char i come to like and there were some character who appear again after some time.

What you say about Scythe and Halberd that exactly how those weapon style is but what i am saying is author didnt explain well about Scythe style. mc setting start with huge ass MP capacity but he 90% fight with melee and in that 90% melee fight mc use only some plain move that even if you replace word Scythe with Halberd you wont feel any difference.

What scythe can do is hook attack or its shape it itself like hook, its not just attack if you combine with acrobatics you will get some nice creative moves.
leobreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-02, 23:16   Link #64
InMyOwnMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by leobreaker View Post
^ Thing is this novel is so much slow paced and only 1 or 1.5 year pass in these 1k chapter so we dont know if she will come back or not but i also wanted her to join party she was 1st female char i come to like and there were some character who appear again after some time.

What you say about Scythe and Halberd that exactly how those weapon style is but what i am saying is author didnt explain well about Scythe style. mc setting start with huge ass MP capacity but he 90% fight with melee and in that 90% melee fight mc use only some plain move that even if you replace word Scythe with Halberd you wont feel any difference.

What scythe can do is hook attack or its shape it itself like hook, its not just attack if you combine with acrobatics you will get some nice creative moves.
Heres to praying she comes back.

All the MC does right now is sweeping motions and hitting with the pommel, a halberd would have the blunt pommel strike, sweeping and stabbing so even at a base level he'd be doing more. Its pretty clear the only reason the author picked a scythe for the character is 'edgy' imagery and not at all for practicality or use as a weapon and the fight scenes suffer because of it. If he really wanted a scythe that bad he should be compensating it far more with a much stronger reliance on magic and keeping that mainstream but so far and for the foreseeable future he makes no effort to do it so the melee is going to get real old real quick. Side note on Magic, he needs to learn different elements, this pure fire stuff is problematic. He's used how many fire spells underground now and nobody has yet mentioned that it is profoundly stupid to burn up oxygen in confined spaces?

A halberd can also hook, the base of the ax and the back prong can be used to catch and hook limbs and such. Also you could potentially catch a blade between he spear point and ax-head in a makeshift jutte of sword-breaker technique. Could also apply those acrobatics to a halberd and pretty much any pole-arm as well as if not better than a scythe due to the scythes over sized blade. The acrobatics is just flare for cinematic effect and serves little point aside from being flashy and maybe intimidating. Anything a scythe can do, a Halberd can also do with more practical effect, Scythe was a shit weapon choice and I stand by that.
Old 2017-01-04, 01:06   Link #65
watisit

You think the scythe was bad, wait till you see what he came up recently.

Spoiler:
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-04, 01:21   Link #66
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post

Spoiler:
Are you serious boi? lol

It will look ridiculous if animated lol~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-04, 04:43   Link #67
watisit

Ch 1149, 1156. Though he came up with it a bit earlier.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-04, 15:27   Link #68
InMyOwnMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post

Spoiler:
Just what kind of expired Chuunibyou weed is the author smoking...
Old 2017-01-06, 05:53   Link #69
Kaito Yamakage

Yeah, just look at the MC on the LN covers. Red hair, the black coat. A moe griffon mascot. This series is built around chu2 adventure.

Even then I have to admit him dual weilding the spear with the scythe was a bit much for me as well... his second spear teleport returns to his hand after he throws it and hits a target... don't expect realism.

Just about every character has a more interesting fighting build than the MC, gauntlets, lightning axe, whip sword(controlled using mana). An elf that uses teleporting arrows. A considerable distance and he fires arrows at you point-blank via teleportation + infusing elemental magic into them. It's like firing a gun into a wormhole and place it right over their head/heart, fuck physics and fairness in this series.

There's also mass produced invisibility cloaks that only the MCs enemies seem to have. You know... just to make things challenging. (All the alchemy and OP magic items and shit the one who summons MC puts into his item box and he doesn't put a single invisbility cloak in... most of the ones the MCs enemies use were made by his allies even)
Old 2017-02-21, 22:08   Link #70
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Saw this one breakthru 1200+ chapter, does it have some mass murder (war etc) and betrayal (the one that could nullify his seed of oath) ?

Also does his griffon have evolution or could become chibi mode like in smartphone ?
Will there any other magic beast user like him (disciple) ?
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-22, 07:02   Link #71
Kaito Yamakage

It has several wars and the MC participates in them actively. Betrayal... not so much, no one is stupid enough to try and stab a dragon in the back with a toothpick.

Griffon gains a skill which lets it change its size but its not high enough level so it can only become small enough to fit through doors/dungeon halls, no chibi mode. It doesn't evolve but by feeding it magic stones of various monsters it gains skills and those skills level up (the same with his scythe-staff)

This series seemed like single heroine romance early on though its been leaning more and more towards harem lately. Still hard to say since the main heroines noble marriage event hasn't been triggered yet.
Old 2017-03-12, 00:02   Link #72
Ratedhook522

Sorry but could somebody explain what Ray has been doing up till the recent raw chapter 1293 and what the main heroine Elena has also been up to. If I'm not mistaken Elena already stated that she would never marry anybody weaker than her so I'm sure no marriage arc with her being forced to marry another noble by her father should be happening.
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 01:08   Link #73
Kaito Yamakage

I put it on hold at 1250 until the next arc ends, though the next arc is called 冬の穏やかな日々 , meaning nothing eventful, so probably won't catch up until the arc following that finishes.

Spoiler for :
Old 2017-03-14, 11:36   Link #74
obnuchious

can I ask for more info about the princess
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-15, 04:55   Link #75
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
The dark elf guild leader is quitting her position so she can be with him after falling for him when they fought a giant cicadea monster that was leeching off their world tree
Whelp, didn't see that coming. I always think Kenny should be the waifu candidate from the guild side.

I just stopped reading right before world tree arc (chapter 1021+). That another elf is quite annoying which makes me put it down for a while. Good grief, when Rei doesn't have the ring anyone have exaggarted reaction toward his mana. And now he wears it everyone just belittling him and back to exaggarted reaction when he release it...

Anyway I think Marina is ok. I just can't keep up with Vihera b*tch behaviour.
This all Elena's fault since she didn't advance her relationship with Rei to much too, so it can't be helped that there are another bad bug creeping up into Rei. I hope I could get quite a good read for the rest 300 chapter until catching up.
Old 2017-03-15, 06:08   Link #76
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 View Post
Sorry but could somebody explain what Ray has been doing up till the recent raw chapter 1293 and what the main heroine Elena has also been up to. If I'm not mistaken Elena already stated that she would never marry anybody weaker than her so I'm sure no marriage arc with her being forced to marry another noble by her father should be happening.
In the end of arc 3 she has a practice duel with Rei and ended it in draw. Then she only kissed him at the cheek once, and maybe some more in later arc (not really counting it as it only kissing).

What he is doing until chapter 1021 :
Spoiler:
Old 2017-03-15, 18:11   Link #77
lexlexz

if the 1st Prince is a reincarnator what was his objective? in the war?
why suicide?
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-15, 19:56   Link #78
Asuka'
Nin Nin

1st prince was reincarnated with partial memory about japan. He could remember about some place in japan and sakura tree, but doesn't know what it called. The last sentence he said before suicide made Rei realize that the prince was a reincarnator.

Why suicide ?
"I give my head, so spare the other noble and my younger brother (2nd prince) life"

Quite a selfish man. Because of this Rei doesn't know what his objective is.
(later on there is one chapter that tell about the tale of the 1st prince tho', mostly about he can remember places and thing he didn't know about in his current life and he can't adapt well to this harsh world he currently live at)
Old 2017-03-15, 19:57   Link #79
wuhugm
Confused Shark

How many rape in the story so far?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-15, 20:05   Link #80
Asuka'
Nin Nin

MC never attack anybody. So far only kiss and no sex/rape.
And he IS always on the position of receiving the kiss. orz

Tags
adventure