AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 11 21.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 25.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-25, 17:02   Link #21
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Prettty good episode, got to see some more Nishizawa
hayate going supersaiyan FTW!
Looking forward to new opening and the tournament
Old 2007-09-25, 17:16   Link #22
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
I liked this episode, I thought the memory loss was hilarious and how Hayate totally failed at getting himself out of it. The DBZ reference was hilarious.

Yay, a Hina episode next week. I'll be looking forward to it. It looks like she'll get quite a bit of screentime too based how many times she appeared in the previews. Too bad that it's too late to help her in Saimoe.
Old 2007-09-25, 18:31   Link #23
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
in the break, on the second pic (hayate), does anyone know if that was a reference to anything? i swear its reminding me of something, just cant remember what

禁則事項です
Old 2007-09-25, 19:21   Link #24
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I guess Hayate is born to accept and face violence everyday huh? On a side note, is that a giant turtle? That one seems to be a reference from the "Never Ending Story" movie yes?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-09-25, 19:55   Link #25
himemiya613

Lol this episode was great, the fake amnesia was halirious

what was gilbert wearing??
Spoiler for gilbert's villain costume:
Old 2007-09-25, 19:55   Link #26
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I am returning to the old-fashioned posting manner in response that the jokes and gags have already grown-up on me, or is it because I did not felt some new or a breakthrough for this episode.

What I can say is that animation quality was good, that it emphasized a lot Ayumu's lighting of her colors. I do really saw her pretty in this episode.

Things are starting to feel stucked-up in the anime, so I can hope that next week which signals the start of the Butler Tournament arc would bring back the freshness and hilariousness oddities from the first episodes.

Heed Nagis' words at the Butler Network. New opening debuts on next episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-25, 22:44   Link #27
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

I really loved this episode. Mostly because Ayumu (my favorite character in the anime) is in for more than her standard 20 seconds. I don't exactly know why, but I think Ayumu and Hayate go really well with each other.

To me, any episode with Ayumu is a great episode.
Old 2007-09-25, 23:30   Link #28
Omfgbbqwtf

Lovely episode, finally, for the first time in awhile Nishizawa is able to see Hayate. Sadly Hayate still shows no affection towards her, but I will remain hopeful as usual.

Next episode looks good. Hina finally get to be physically appear in an episode~
Old 2007-09-26, 02:35   Link #29
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Did anyone else think that if Gilbert hung around and pinned Hayate for 10 seconds he would have won the estate?
Old 2007-09-26, 04:06   Link #30
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by himemiya613 View Post
what was gilbert wearing??
Spoiler for gilbert's villain costume:
That was one of the best references I have ever seen in anime

It comes from Yattaman, an old anime which I adored when I was a child. In that show, the three "villains" (named the "Trio Doronbo") were fighting each episodes with the main 2 heroes with the help of their strange robots, each episode they got defeated and the robot used to explode leaving that skull shaped black cloud (just like in this and some previous episodes of Hayate no Gotoku).
At that point the trio withdrew with that weird cycle. From left to right in the pic you can see: Tonzura (helping with robot construction), Boyakki (the robots' inventor, developer and constructor) and finally Doronjo (the female lead).
Gilbert is dressed like Doronjo. Of course the clothes use to be torn, as a result in Yattaman we often had generous moments of fanservice ^_^

For visual reference, here's a pic of the original trio:

left to right: Tonzura, Doronjo, Boyakki

This was a very beautitul and soothing episode, worthy a 9. The above reference, which had me laugh for 3 minutes, pushes it to 10.

One word for Ayumu's seiyuu, Takahashi Mikako. I believe she's one of the sweetest and gentlest voices I have ever seen. If you've seen Honey & Clover and remember Yamada, you probably know what I mean. She's also starring in Nagasarete Airantou as Machi. A couple of episodes ago, she was clearly the voice of Taru Taru, the kitten, as a proof of how much versatile she is in her sweetness
Now I just wish she would get a lead role as soon as possible. ^^

Next week certainly looks great, with Hina's return. But I've grown really fond of Nishizawa, and if I were to rank her, she definitely would be my favourite character number 2.
Old 2007-09-26, 08:49   Link #31
mdauben

Pretty good episode. The amnesia gag was funny, and it was nice to see "hamster-girl" get some quality Hayate time.
Old 2007-09-27, 02:26   Link #32
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
xD Loved this episode. NEKOMIMI HAYATE RETURNS! Only for a few seconds, but oh well. Super Sayajin Hayate FTW!

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-09-27, 06:40   Link #33
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
not bad of an episode i enjoyed Klause's shock treatment that invovled throwing Hayate out a damn plane. If that were me and I lived i would kick his ass, plus that closeline on Tama looked vicious. Other that humor was decent not the funniest episode but good. I love how Maria always seem to know everything. Im hoping to see the new OP soon and of course I must have more Hinagiku SOON
Old 2007-09-27, 19:23   Link #34
Hyperius

Send a message via MSN to Hyperius
I thought the episode was great, funny, and lots of Nomnom-tan. Nomnom-tan = 9, no doubt.
Old 2007-09-28, 17:14   Link #35
anselfir
Style Über Alles

this one was way too formulaic, and not even a good formula. nagi rushing off to do these ridiculous things one after another was annoying, showing her 5 year old side. do not want!

please bring out the adults. what is this child doing in my maria animu.

Last edited by anselfir; 2007-09-28 at 17:26.
Old 2007-09-28, 17:47   Link #36
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
this one was way too formulaic, and not even a good formula. nagi rushing off to do these ridiculous things one after another was annoying, showing her 5 year old side. do not want!

please bring out the adults. what is this child doing in my maria animu.
I could not agree with you more. This just shows Nagi brings the caliber of the series down. The positive's that keep it afloat are Hina and Maria.
Old 2007-09-28, 18:04   Link #37
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Why the obsession with hina..she had like 1 or 2 episode of face time lol or is this coming from the manga?

I like nagi, she is interesting with all her flaws and childish ways.

Old 2007-09-28, 18:08   Link #38
Midonin
Last Engage

I thought it was the most amusing "amnesia" episode I've seen in awhile...since no one actually had amnesia. I also enjoyed how casually Sakuya could say that Gilbert "bought a superweapon with her money" (something to that effect).
Old 2007-09-28, 21:16   Link #39
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
I was like "huh? Cyber Cop? For the lulz is this?" when I watched that battle scene. The way he called for weapon reinforcement reminded me of this super sentai show.

EDIT:
Just saw the preview. What's this? Hina in corporate-like uniform?

Last edited by USB500; 2007-09-28 at 22:39.
Old 2007-09-29, 04:31   Link #40
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

A couple of funny moments, but an ultimately pointless ep overall. I don't mind the occasional ep like this, as long as it gets "back on track" (so to say) soon.

Not sure I like the idea of a butler tournament which, given the preview, seems to be the direction the next ep is taking. Parodies of shounen cliches are great, until the moment it falls into the very cliches it's making fun of... see Yakitate Japan.
Closed Thread