AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2008-07-12, 23:50   Link #181
Little Machi
Banned

How would one go about doing that?
Little Machi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 23:52   Link #182
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Woah! I was expecting a 2009 release or something, I didn't at all think that an Umineko anime would come out this year! I'm so excited, I can't wait to see the OP and ED and hear who voices Maria. ^.^
I wonder how long the first season will be, surely they can't cover too much... perhaps they'll just have the first two episodes of Umineko for season 1? I mean they could make 12 or so episodes out of that if they did what they did in HnNKn Kai.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 10:01   Link #183
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Woah! I was expecting a 2009 release or something, I didn't at all think that an Umineko anime would come out this year!
²

Hey, a question: Are 4 question arcs or 3?

Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 10:52   Link #184
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
²

Hey, a question: Are 4 question arcs or 3?
4 question arcs
Old 2008-07-13, 16:21   Link #185
Little Machi
Banned

I hope this translation is ready soon. I can't even play what's up because it's not compatible with the first game or even the demo version.;-;
Old 2008-07-13, 16:50   Link #186
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Machi View Post
I hope this translation is ready soon. I can't even play what's up because it's not compatible with the first game or even the demo version.;-;
We're not planning on making it compatible
Old 2008-07-13, 18:04   Link #187
Little Machi
Banned

>_>Um, why? That kind of sucks for everyone who does not have Episode 2...And what about when 3 and 4 come out?
Old 2008-07-13, 18:10   Link #188
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This is because we do not have much time to allocate for Episode 2 retranslation and insertion already. If we begin to work on that, it might be a useless stall.
However, it seems that the demo is compatible to our patch to some degree, so it can be possible for us to tweek the 0 txt so it can be fully functional with the demo.

As for now, it is unnecessary to pile up promises and projects, as the main priority is the complete patch for Episode 1, then most likely the next episode before the gap becomes utterly large.
Old 2008-07-13, 18:44   Link #189
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
This is because we do not have much time to allocate for Episode 2 retranslation and insertion already. If we begin to work on that, it might be a useless stall.
However, it seems that the demo is compatible to our patch to some degree, so it can be possible for us to tweek the 0 txt so it can be fully functional with the demo.

As for now, it is unnecessary to pile up promises and projects, as the main priority is the complete patch for Episode 1, then most likely the next episode before the gap becomes utterly large.
It's times like this I wish Ryukishi07 was as lazy as ZUN....

Well retranslating episode 2 won't be as hard as 1 because Ace did a much better job.
It really depends on how lazy I am.

Quote:
That kind of sucks for everyone who does not have Episode 2.
It sucks indeed.... not that I care.
Old 2008-07-13, 18:58   Link #190
Little Machi
Banned

That...was unneccesarily rude...

Why bother making a thread for your project if you're just going to act like a jerk?
Old 2008-07-13, 19:03   Link #191
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Smile

Yeah, it shouldn't be that hard to patch the demo script. It does look a lot more similar, and anyway the textual sections tend to be nearly the same (in our experience with Higurashi), so you could just do a big copy-paste on each day or scene

Oh, and the demo uses the ogg music files like Ep 2, not Ep 1's mp3s.

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)

P.S. Don't escalate the fighting! Give sanctions a chaaance!

Last edited by Sonozaki Futagotachi; 2008-07-13 at 19:06. Reason: peace
Sonozaki Futagotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 19:03   Link #192
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That...was unneccesarily rude...

Why bother making a thread for your project if you're just going to act like a jerk?
While the comment might not be that polite, it isn't anything insulting and only concerns his stance, period.
As far as I can see, the whole group didn't state that as a whole, it is oly his opinion. I assume there is nothing to add about that.

Quote:
Oh, and the demo uses the ogg music files like Ep 2, not Ep 1's mp3s.
it seems that Ryukishi had a specific structure for the game at first, then scrapped it for the second episode, most likely for the style of switching between episodes, so no wonder about that. (well, I guess putting MP3 for demo is also too much of a luxury, for the size).
Old 2008-07-13, 19:43   Link #193
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
While the comment might not be that polite, it isn't anything insulting and only concerns his stance, period.
As far as I can see, the whole group didn't state that as a whole, it is oly his opinion. I assume there is nothing to add about that.
Yes, it's only my opinion which does not reflect the opinions of the group as a whole.

Quote:
it seems that Ryukishi had a specific structure for the game at first, then scrapped it for the second episode, most likely for the style of switching between episodes, so no wonder about that. (well, I guess putting MP3 for demo is also too much of a luxury, for the size).
Yeah, as instead of having the "???" hidden like it was for the first game. It was a choice on the main screen for the second

Though, I do wonder why there was a hidden K1 in the image files
Old 2008-07-13, 21:02   Link #194
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Shion had a thought:

Why not do patches for Ep2 & the demo, but skip making a patch for Ep3? Ep4 will be out in a few months, you most likely won't have Ep1 finished by then (or at least not long before), and in the meantime people can enjoy your release of Ep1 via the demo or Ep2 release.

But of course, go ahead & translate Ep3 - no sense wasting time.

If you were already planning to do this, then good thinking. ;-) If not, please consider it.

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2008-07-14, 00:47   Link #195
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Forgive my interruptions you guys, is it that you guys not posting up the original Japanese Source of Umineko due to legal issues?
Cause I happen to have the link to download the EP2 resource, just tell me if you guys need it

Sterling it's impossible for Ryukishi to delay it for 1 comicket...
Cause he will get spammed by fans questioning why not releasing it
on the other hand, I thought ZUN concluded project Touhou already...or is it that I'm wrong? Please tell me that I'm Wrong...

and besides, why not recruit some more active translators and editors?
Cause the chinese group has about...half the amount of you guys...
Not that I'm saying anything bad, just a suggestion
Still~Good work guys~! Clap Clap Clap XD
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 01:05   Link #196
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

huh? What kind of original japanese source? As far as I can remember sterling already checked if some legal issues would be generated, but it seems everything was fine.

And actually, we are still (or rather always?) open for any type of help, be it translators, editors. We never closed such possibility (we don't have the luxury for that ).

Half the amount? You mean the double (otherwise, I fail to understand your comment).
That is said, whatever happens, I think everyone down here (either the team or the ones who are waiting for the full patch) would largely prefer quality over speed. That said, since the rough are available on wiki already, there isn't much issue to use them for personal use so.
Old 2008-07-14, 05:24   Link #197
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Sry about that, I guess I was dumbstruck when I wrote the thread earlier

What I meant was, you guys have twice as much people as chinese team has... or even more
(As far as I could remember they have only 3 or 4 translators and 2 image & game editors)

The source I was talking about was the original Umineko Japanese Game
If you guys need it, I can post out the links, for N.America umi fans to download
But since I barely knows any Japanese (Currently studying Katagana), I don't think I can help out on either translations or editions...(Knows a bit about Photoshop though...)

But still, if you need anything, just tell me, I'll see if I can get my hands on it
That's it for now~ Thanks~~^_^
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 06:02   Link #198
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

If they have the script they most probably have the whole source too.. Otherwise what would they work with? Besides it's not that hard to get your hands on it, just check some torrent trackers.
neqael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 09:39   Link #199
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post
What I meant was, you guys have twice as much people as chinese team has... or even more
(As far as I could remember they have only 3 or 4 translators and 2 image & game editors)
Um, we have 3 translators which are Tobi-chan, other person who's name I forgot, and Ace. Klash is our only image editor and I'm the proofer and editor for episode 2
Old 2008-07-14, 13:17   Link #200
Keriaku
Thought Being

Just to let you guys know, I'm very happy that you guys put up your translations with the japanese text on the baka-tsuki site. After I heard about the anime adaption, I started to play through the game with that text on hand, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm extremely grateful to you guys and overjoyed that I'm able to experience this in it's original form.

I hope you guys continue to do this with the translations for Ep. 3 and onwards.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation