AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-01, 13:34   Link #21
bramabull4316

I checked out the fansub wiki and their is no group thats gonna sub the show, i think everyone is been thrown off by the fact that it does have some sports on the show and it looks like a full fleged sports manga but like everyone says its more of a romance/ slice of life i hope someone subs it although it doesnt look like someone would do it as of now.
bramabull4316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 14:18   Link #22
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
I know this is not the place to ask this, but since it's just one question and we don't have a manga thread, so anyway:
the manga thread is actually here, though... (yeah, there's a manga thread)

I dislike baseball with passion, but I can't believe I'm actually going to watch this show (after reading all scanlated chapters in one sit---14 volumes worth of manga). I really loved the characters (all of them), and the 'storytelling' was something very interesting to see.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 15:59   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Update: MJN (Major) is going to be subbing this one.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 18:41   Link #24
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
the manga thread is actually here, though... (yeah, there's a manga thread)

I dislike baseball with passion, but I can't believe I'm actually going to watch this show (after reading all scanlated chapters in one sit---14 volumes worth of manga). I really loved the characters (all of them), and the 'storytelling' was something very interesting to see.
Oh goddamn, you are right. We really have a manga thread, lolz.

Sport is never the reason I follow Adachi's manga, but rather the romance in it. I believe all fans agree to this. But with all the animation, the anime indeed tends to show more of the "baseball" part, which I dislike.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 21:17   Link #25
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

This is one of the series to which I've been looking forward to the most this season, so I can't wait for it to start, myself.

OP theme: Summer rain by Kobukuro (their first ever anime theme)
ED theme: Koikogare te Mita Yume by Ayaka (her only previous anime theme song was for Doraemon: Nobita and the Green Giant Legend)

This is one of the few anime produced by Warner Music Japan, which is why we're seeing Kobukuro and Ayaka, their two top tier artists, performing on Cross Game. I can't wait to see one of Kobukuro's songs in animated form.

Last edited by metamorphic; 2009-04-18 at 07:37.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 21:39   Link #26
golthin

The important thing about this show is whether if kou can break the 160/kmph mark .
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 22:00   Link #27
ZODDGUTS

Even if he does

Spoiler for spoiler:
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 22:13   Link #28
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Even if he does

Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for about aoba:

I just hope this one doesn't end like H2
Old 2009-04-04, 02:12   Link #29
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I just hope this one doesn't end like H2
That's the one big fear I have, that's always hovering in my mind when I read Cross Game. I don't think I can take another one up my rear from Adachi, like in H2. One of the few instances in my life where I wanted the time of my life I invested in something back.

Spoiler for Random ramblings about how the manga may turn out:
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 04:53   Link #30
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
That's the one big fear I have, that's always hovering in my mind when I read Cross Game. I don't think I can take another one up my rear from Adachi, like in H2. One of the few instances in my life where I wanted the time of my life I invested in something back.

Spoiler for Random ramblings about how the manga may turn out:
H2 lesson was that the girl chose the guy that needed her the most. the girl had a complex about being needed, and that was her problem during the whole manga.
Old 2009-04-04, 09:05   Link #31
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Speculating on X should technically go in the manga thread. It is lonely and needs company.

Don't scare anyone off when the anime hasn't even been aired yet.
Old 2009-04-04, 23:48   Link #32
Omniscient

The first episode was really good, much better than I thought it'd be. They played the entire length of the ayaka song, and it added so much to the ending of the episode. The first ep gets a 10/10 from me.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 00:03   Link #33
Tri-ring

Watching the first episode I think Adachi is becoming repetitive with his storylines since it a cross between Touch and most of his other romance stories.

I liked the ending theme song though.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 00:58   Link #34
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
The first episode was really good, much better than I thought it'd be. They played the entire length of the ayaka song, and it added so much to the ending of the episode. The first ep gets a 10/10 from me.
I feel the exact same way! This is one of the strongest debut episodes I've seen in a long time. It was absolutely wonderful and they've adapted Adachi's character designs and everything so well; the ending was extremely strong and handled beautifully. 10/10 too, I cannot wait to see how it unfolds.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 02:17   Link #35
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
waaa!

Wow, I didn't think I could feel anything after reading the manga and knowing what was coming but I still felt a little mist in my eyes.
Old 2009-04-05, 03:26   Link #36
apropervillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
waaa!

Wow, I didn't think I could feel anything after reading the manga and knowing what was coming but I still felt a little mist in my eyes.
I was in the same boat. After the manga + caps I felt like I could handle it, but the ED just got to me. Let's hope for more goodness to come.
apropervillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 07:33   Link #37
Solecs

wow, that was amazing . Likewise I thought I'd be ready for whatever happened but that was quite good. I'm not quite sold on the voices just yet, but the music and the animation was awesome. The background music had such a great kind of nostalgic feel to it.

Was interesting to see that they moved the Aoba pitching match to the next episode though. That feels a bit odd to me somehow, I guess we'll see.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 08:26   Link #38
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I confess I've never read anything by Adachi before, mainly because of how hard it is to get my hands on good manga here in my country, and I simply dislike to read stuff on the PC. Watched the first episode out of curiosity and I gotta say I was VERY impressed. The production values were pretty good during the whole episode, the soundtrack was amazing and the direction/story worked really well.

Spoiler for Ep.1:

Oh well, waiting for more now. This was def. the best first episode I've watched in a VERY long time.
Old 2009-04-05, 11:35   Link #39
kunio

I was watching it this morning, and I want to say
"You must watch !!"
kunio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 12:23   Link #40
Falkor

really loved the first episode...

that was pretty much the first volume of the manga; they did compress a lot of stuff, but kept the most important parts in (though I wished they would've showed more of KohXWakaba's relationship, but guess it's fine like this)

oh my god, is that going to be the ending song for the following episodes? it did a great job to match the mood towards the ends (a wonderful song, really)... but I'm gonna feel sad every time I listen to it...

Last edited by Falkor; 2009-04-05 at 12:34.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports