AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 26 9.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 3.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 5.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 4.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.19%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 11 3.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 167 59.22%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-23, 11:18   Link #81
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
My biggest problem with this now is that it confirms they'll be cutting material from Sighs (Which regardless of what people here say, is an interesting story) in order to make room for an extra episode of E8, and on top of that we no longer get an anime-original episode either...... yeah. E8 not only annoyed everyone, they're actually fucking up the rest of the schedule just to make room for more of this "Prank". Fuck that.
They have 5 episodes... those could all be part of Sighs...
Old 2009-07-23, 11:19   Link #82
Saymon

I'll watch the subs when E8 ends.
No need for subs this episode
Old 2009-07-23, 11:20   Link #83
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I believed I called this all you Crazy Eddies. We only have 2 possibilities at this point.

1:Kyoani and Kadokawa have gone insane.
2:They don't plan to air anymore episodes from Season 1 anymore and will be airing nothing but S2 episodes. That'd give them time to make more episodes.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:22   Link #84
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Next week's episode airs in the very early morning of August 1. Could that signify anything?
Old 2009-07-23, 11:23   Link #85
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Some of the Toshiakis are angry...
Like this line.
京アニのアニメーターの家族が人質に取られてるんだよ

as well as what Myssa Rei mentioned before.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2009-07-23, 11:23   Link #86
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Yes, I guess this is what I expect after looking that 2chan... it's going to repeat again....

The series have truly jumped the shark now and yes, Haruhi Second Season is a epic fail which is sad because I really wanted to be good, but Kadokawa had to blew it...

Kadokawa... only repeating Endless Eight to milk the cash cow... unless the ending lies in the next episode... but I highly doubt it now... If repeat it for the 6 episode, why not repeat it for the rest of the season?
Old 2009-07-23, 11:24   Link #87
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
They have 5 episodes... those could all be part of Sighs...
That's what I said. They're cutting Sighs down to 5 episodes (Melancholy was 6 episodes) when it's a full book. It's a little bit shorter than Melancholy but not by a whole episode's worth.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:24   Link #88
Water
イデアがない。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Next week's episode airs in the very early morning of August 1. Could that signify anything?
Well, they could surprise us by actually ending the loop in the next episode. Everyone had been expecting 2, 4, 6, and now 8 episodes of E8.

7 just seems like an oddball, and that rhymes with Kadokawa.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:25   Link #89
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I believed I called this all you Crazy Eddies. We only have 2 possibilities at this point.

1:Kyoani and Kadokawa have gone insane.
2:They don't plan to air anymore episodes from Season 1 anymore and will be airing nothing but S2 episodes. That'd give them time to make more episodes.
option 2 makes not sense
they have to remake the eps over and over again anyway
they dont have TIME to make more eps
and its not the way anime production works
Old 2009-07-23, 11:25   Link #90
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
That's what I said. They're cutting Sighs down to 5 episodes (Melancholy was 6 episodes) when it's a full book. It's a little bit shorter than Melancholy but not by a whole episode's worth.
I think the fact that the season will only have Sigh's in it qualifies as failure in most peoples minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
option 2 makes not sense
they have to remake the eps over and over again anyway
they dont have TIME to make more eps
and its not the way anime production works
Perhaps. If that is the case Kadokawa and Kyoani are REALLY insane. Because a Seaon that's comprised over half of endless 8 isn't going to sell anywhere near as well as the precious season did.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:25   Link #91
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The thing is, while I'm not angry (funny how that works out when you don't expect anything), the sponsors have to be quite blind NOT to see the anger boiling up from watchers on both sides of the Pacific.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:25   Link #92
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
No it doesn't. Depending on how you count days, it either airs late night on the 30th, or early morning on the 31st.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:26   Link #93
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Haruhi Second Season is a epic fail
... What second season?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-07-23, 11:28   Link #94
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Another week that I will skip. Thanks Kadokawa, you guys are so creative. I'm realy feeling like Yuki now, and I see how this is artistic genius by you and KyoAni. You guys are so amazing.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:28   Link #95
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The thing is, while I'm not angry (funny how that works out when you don't expect anything), the sponsors have to be quite blind NOT to see the anger boiling up from watchers on both sides of the Pacific.
Early on there was a rumor that the sponsors were so angry that Kadokawa offered one of the people responsible to them as a sacrifice (fired him). Was there ever any confirmation of this rumor?
Old 2009-07-23, 11:29   Link #96
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... What second season?
Indeed, this is just a re-airing.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:29   Link #97
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water View Post
Well, they could surprise us by actually ending the loop in the next episode. Everyone had been expecting 2, 4, 6, and now 8 episodes of E8.

7 just seems like an oddball, and that rhymes with Kadokawa.
*whistles innocently*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... What second season?
You mean that thing they canceled? Stupid re-airing getting everyone's hopes up...
Old 2009-07-23, 11:29   Link #98
Peanutbutter

Looks like this is really the first Endless Eight I'll skip watching live.

*Sigh*
Old 2009-07-23, 11:30   Link #99
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
But the sponsors are Kadokawa and Lantis, who are also on the production committee. Why would they be mad at themselves? They're the ones paying for the airtime on the TV stations, so why would the TV stations care? In the end, they just bought a lot of airtime to play filler episodes rather than continuing the story... for some reason. They've done worse -- Kadokawa broadcasted Shuffle! Memories, which was 12 episodes of edited recap (for a 24-episode show), as a marketing effort to promote a single OVA episode. They also released all those re-cap episodes on DVD, but they weren't intented to be big-sellers anyway. In the end, it just means "the second season you're looking for is in another castle" or something.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:30   Link #100
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I don't think this will actually hurt the sponsors. I don't believe they get any money from the DVD sales. I think their involvement goes as far as the broadcast station. In terms of broadcast, this entire endless 8 tom foolery is probably great for them, since it generates drama and pulls viewers in. No, I don't think the sponsors are gonna feel reprecussions from this.

However as far as I understand it, Kyoani don't make money off broadcasting their show. They make money selling DVD's. This entire marketing strategy goes directly against a strategy of selling DVD's, since over half the product you need to sell is something that the viewers may not all be willing to buy.
Closed Thread