AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 7 11.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 26.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 37.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 18.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-11, 17:17   Link #41
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quite impressed with that one.

Couldn't be bothered dealing with the riddle - I have enough maths to do in my day-job

Yozora and Sena trying to be clever definitely backfired - though I'd love to know why they didn't leave the mic in their own booths and sneak over to Kodaka's booth Weirder still, they were going to pay the same regardless of whether they paid alone or together, so why not pool the money together to pay as a group? Then again, these people aren't friends and such logic would be beyond them

Genuinely surprised when Kodoka started singing - I honestly expected some kind of off key rendition (akin to Keima Katsuragi of TWGOK fame). Refreshing to have an insert song sung by a male for a change.

I've noticed some people were a tad irked by the montage of previous events during Sena and Yozora's duet. Honestly, when I first saw it, I nearly shed a tear or two - it was a rather touching thing to see and hear. A reminder of just the burgeoning friendships (and relationships?) Kodaka shares with Sena and Yozora

Only downside? I felt the rest of the episode glazed over the whole thing as though the producers had said "S***! Whose bright idea was it to have an attempt at a massive plot development half way through the episode? Now we've got think of a way to pull this out a bit so we get our 25 minutes worth of screentime!"

Seriously though, plonking a massive argument between Sena and Yozora straight after that didn't work for me (especially since Kodaka did sweet FA to deal with calming his 'friends' down). Besides, those two have been at each others throats since they met - so it just becomes another argument (with the fact becoming stale as a result). Shame really - the episode had been going so well up to that point.

Granted, an attempt was made to save it with a new plot point - Sena's father wanting to meet Kodaka (plot progression? Yay!). I just feel that the producers had their priorities mixed up towards the end of the episode. Less time on Sena and Yozora b*tching at each other and more of a focus on the plot seemingly being ready to move forward, and I feel that this episode would have been perfect.

Still, another strong episode
Old 2011-11-11, 17:50   Link #42
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
There needs to be an episode more focus on Yukimura. Some of the things Yukimura can say are just... , wish they'd animated that.
Old 2011-11-11, 18:25   Link #43
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

And this is why we can't have girls being abused on Anime- People just don't like it.

Though I boggles my mind how many people are up in arms about Yozora's insults that really only cuts skin deep. I mean, those are like free shots that any body not named 'Ouma Shu' would walk it off.

Now if she had really wanted to stick in the knife and twist, I find the most painful ones are when people bring up family.
Old 2011-11-11, 20:12   Link #44
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quite interesting how they managed the karaoke episode.

I wouldn't have thought that the resident Hideyoshi even wears his (or better its) maid dress even in public, going to the karaoke, and then at the karaoke itself

As for the math problem, I didn't even consider a second to touch that nasty stuff. Maths is the dirty handiwork of that merchant scum, the lowest of the low, and no upright bushi will sully his hands with it.

This time it's more than just the usual bickering between Sena and Yozora, it's very one-sided on Yozora's side who's just being mean several times.

I don't think that Sena's and Yozora's plan was for everyone to rent a room, but rather for the two of them to rent a room each, and they expected Kodaka to team up with one of them, thus shafting the other girl.
Kodaka however didn't pick either and just got a room for the remaining four, and also later he didn't join either of the two. This made Yozora that angry she went on one of her insult binges again, even in public.
So far, Yozora is clearly the most immature one. I wonder if she'll develop any further or stay that way.
Old 2011-11-11, 20:13   Link #45
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
kukuku.... excuses, jealousy, blaming other people. Fine episode.

Well, I guess we have some plot progression and some insight into the past. Also, Yozora went a bit too far this time against Sena, though I guess the whole fucking with people under false pretenses (So you figured out you didn't need my permission) is something that I've been guilty of too, so I won't talk too much. :S

Kodaka's being an awesome singer, and Yozora and Sena refusing to be in the same room highlights their main problem-- neither is able to admit any concessions and neither wants to see fault within themselves. But hey, as you might know, to make friends with other, you need to start with yourself.

And at the end, Sena manages a minor comeback by making Yozora insanely jealous. Yozora is clearly the worst person in the group atm, so hopefully she realizes that all of this is just making matters worse.

Also Rika... licking that mic. 8/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-11, 20:38   Link #46
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post

Genuinely surprised when Kodoka started singing - I honestly expected some kind of off key rendition (akin to Keima Katsuragi of TWGOK fame). Refreshing to have an insert song sung by a male for a change.
Is it really that rare? Or have I been hanging around the Durarara cover songs too long?

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-11-11, 21:40   Link #47
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I don't really like how Yozora treats Sena. I'm sure if Kodaka tell her to shup up, she will. Kodaka should say something about that insted of thanking her about the club and all.

Also, I like how Kodaka didn't listen to Yozora and Sena and went with a room for the four of them

And Kobato is really cute :3
I felt this episode made it clear that Yozora sees it as a competition. To her it's not bullying because Sena accepts the battle. Yozora doesn't really go after the others much because they don't challenge her.

She's the Alpha. Sena is the challenger. Yozora is just beating back Sena's challenge to her leadership. When Sena runs off crying Yozora is disappointed, because it means Sena still isn't a true match for her. Sena's emotional outburst "Yozora you idiot" shows how much Sena actually cares about what Yozora thinks of her.

It's a weirdly abusive friendship, but I have seen its like in real life. I wouldn't stand for it, but Sena keeps on acting like she wants this competition with Yozora, so it's hard for me to blame Yozora too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It was another funny episode but I'm starting to get annoyed at Yozora bullying Senna like that. I don't mind when Senna is talking back and holding her own but it's irritating when Yozora just brutally humiliates her. It's just not funny.
I think that Yozora would see it the other way. If she didn't go all out against Sena it would be disrespectful.

Because I think Yozora sees it as a game. So it's sort of like a Chess Master refusing to dumb down his playing skills against a novice challenger. It would be patronizing to "go easy on her." Instead Yozora treats Sena as an equal. The only one she treats as an equal other then Kodaka actually.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-11-11, 21:51   Link #48
Peanutbutter

Poor Sena, always getting insulted by Yozora. Hopes this is the last of her results cause it doesn't endear me to Yozora.

And Sena is still oh so meat. It's now a habit for me to repeat that I will like to bite her meat.

Special mention for Rika and her finisher.
Old 2011-11-11, 22:28   Link #49
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Why cant Yozora and Sena get along
Old 2011-11-11, 23:53   Link #50
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Why cant Yozora and Sena get along
Because their goal is the same.
Old 2011-11-12, 00:52   Link #51
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Because their goal is the same.
Make friends?
Old 2011-11-12, 03:11   Link #52
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
Make friends?
More like, Kodaka as a bf
Old 2011-11-12, 04:44   Link #53
Divini
Senpai!

This episode is far more somber than it was in the source material.

As I recall, Yozora and Sena was either out of focus during the karaoke bar, and/or didn't really give a rat's ass whether they were singing alone or not. Basically as soon as the two paid for their own rooms they disappeared until the end, where they are found arguing about the score rankings.

In this episode seeing both Sena and Yozora both shocked by seeing their plan backfire, then seeing both of them sadly alone in their own rooms, AND listening to them sing a heartfelt duet was a very well done liberty the anime took. Transformed the event from what was a fairly normal comedic club outing in the LN, to an event that showed great character development for Sena and Yozora. Said event easily being the highlight of the episode.

Just not often I see an anime original event enhance the plot so much.
Old 2011-11-12, 05:20   Link #54
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
More like, Kodaka as a bf
Yeah, Kodaka having triggered the Sena and Yozora flags episodes ago, that makes sense.
Old 2011-11-12, 15:18   Link #55
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to see more of Kodaka's past. Wonder why Yozora didn't show up that day. Kobato cute as ever. I'm really trying hard to like Yozora, but she really is a demon. Can't stand her insults anymore. Lol at that bright idea to pay separate and end up in separate rooms. Even funnier how they were still battling. Lol at Rika's finish. At least Sena got to jab back at Yozora by keeping it a secret.
Old 2011-11-12, 21:06   Link #56
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^ I know that Kobato is almost legal, but I can not treat any of Kana's characters more than pet-intelligent, therefore cute

Plus, Kobato, along with Nanako and Aoi this season keep reminding me how much I miss my cat instead of my last girlfriend
That's so......insulting....You dare speak of the blood mistress in this manner?

Quote:
Though I boggles my mind how many people are up in arms about Yozora's insults that really only cuts skin deep. I mean, those are like free shots that any body not named 'Ouma Shu' would walk it off.
Oi....the eroge one is damned insulting to players of such games....
Old 2011-11-12, 21:17   Link #57
potchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Nice to see more of Kodaka's past. Wonder why Yozora didn't show up that day. Kobato cute as ever. I'm really trying hard to like Yozora, but she really is a demon. Can't stand her insults anymore. Lol at that bright idea to pay separate and end up in separate rooms. Even funnier how they were still battling. Lol at Rika's finish. At least Sena got to jab back at Yozora by keeping it a secret.
Or rather, a hidden question is Why didn't Kodaka tell his friend sooner* instead of 2 days before he's due to move, given he was told 1-2 weeks beforehand. [mod edit: removed hint]

I'm surprised at the number of people who got confused by the separate room part, was it due to bad translation in English? After Yozora was blind footed with the pricing structure - because obviously she never did Karaoke with anyone else. It was clear (there's even a segment to discuss the logic behind it) they did it because they want to maximise the singing time, since they accept the price will be the same whether it's 6 in one room or 1 per room. However being the unsociable pair they are (Yozora acknowledging Sena's train of thought being quite funny, not bad for a piece of meat!), missing the point of Karaoke in the first place.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-13 at 00:56. Reason: removed spoiler hint
Old 2011-11-13, 09:35   Link #58
ookamigirl

I like the OP theme.
So it was karaoke this time..
Yozora & Sena sure were special.
Amazing how they seem to be fighting all the time.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-11-13, 14:28   Link #59
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Yozora, you hypocritical bitch.

You are in NO position to get angry when people call you a bully if you grind your heel into people's weaknesses and insecurities when they are at their emotionally most vulnerable, and gain pleasure as they crack and start crying.

(Referring to FORCING Sena to be honest when doing so would cause her intense misery and discomfort)

Continuing with with this lovely franchise. Watching it for the rest of the lovable cast, not that domineering self centered skank.

(Finished Episode)

Oh, and just why is Kodaka going to "that piece of Meat's" house? Because Sena, abnormal though she may be, is nicer than you.

It's nice to be nice, bitch.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2011-11-13 at 14:52.
Old 2011-11-13, 17:43   Link #60
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

Oh, and just why is Kodaka going to "that piece of Meat's" house? Because Sena, abnormal though she may be, is nicer than you.

It's nice to be nice, bitch.
Because he wants to meet her Father and thank him for enrolling him in the school? He mentioned that back when they went to the pool. Kodaka is not thinking of these girls as love interests, yet anyway.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Closed Thread