AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-28, 14:33   Link #10701
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I don't think I mentioned it here, but I think it's worth discussing: Oudo claims that, "right now, [he's] nobody", which suggests to me that he might be a member of the Shiranui family, that is, another double. (Maguro's?)
That'd give him a valid reason to be around and might help explain why or how he can subdue Iihiko.
Actually, that was something I noticed too, considering the fact that Oudo is usually all 'The great me' and just in general sort of similar to Gilgamesh from FSN, for him to introduce himself with a 'I'm a nobody, it's just regular me' just seems so different from his previous personality. Curious to see where they take it, I was assuming it was just some type of character development that happened off-screen between appearances that may be shown in flashback

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 18:37   Link #10702
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I don't think I mentioned it here, but I think it's worth discussing: Oudo claims that, "right now, [he's] nobody", which suggests to me that he might be a member of the Shiranui family, that is, another double. (Maguro's?)
That'd give him a valid reason to be around and might help explain why or how he can subdue Iihiko.

That's actually quite clever.

I don't know why he can subdue Iihiko when before, Zenkichi, Medaka and some others could move under the influcence of Weighted Words. Unless he got, like, legions stronger or something.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 18:10   Link #10703
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

That or we're throwing consistency out of the wonder for the sake of not giving a fuck.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 20:13   Link #10704
Chelydra

Are there exposed breasts/nipples in this series I saw the ecchi category and was curious... I have been looking for more manga/ln like high school dxd, omamori Hinamori and other ecchi things.
Old 2012-09-29, 20:33   Link #10705
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelydra View Post
Are there exposed breasts/nipples in this series I saw the ecchi category and was curious... I have been looking for more manga/ln like high school dxd, omamori Hinamori and other ecchi things.
Medaka Box is the complete deconstruction of Shounen. Unless you happened to have taken great delight in the likes of
Spoiler for Madoka Magica,In compliance with Spoiler Policies, even though this is almost certainly common knowledge:
, I'm not sure whether this is for you.

But give it a try.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 20:34   Link #10706
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
open google
search hentai
go on pictures
be amazed.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 22:24   Link #10707
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Medaka Box is the deconstruction of Shounen simply for the literal act of doing it, 99% of the time it's horribly predictable even when it's supposedly 'unpredictable'.

I think Madoka Magica stuck to its guns for the sake of its story, even if it was somewhat done the same vein it at least felt genuine.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:23   Link #10708
17Sevens

See I don't think Medaka Box is a deconstruction at all. Affectionate parody is more like it.
17Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:16   Link #10709
ndqanh_vn

It's weird really.

Isn't Ashinin-san's character "flaw" or her main motivation is that she could not find the impossibility - as Medaka said, she could never lose, there nothing she could not do? It is a part of her motivation until now.

And why did the author say now that she has been losing this man for how long? There's something you could not do here, Ashinin-san, there's someone you cannot beat. So why do you have to find the impossibility or whatever it is? Isn't it a big contradiction to how Ashinin-san has always been portrayed until now?
True, she was sealed by Kumagawa, but it does not take long and it is implied that Kumagawa has sealed her due to her carelessness, rather that his raw power. I doubted she viewed it as a loss, and she has reason not to. But this guy has beaten her for thousands of time or so, it's proved that she could not beat him even though she wished to. I am surprised. Because that kind of humilation should have taught her the fact that she is not invincible, she is not a god, she could not do whatever she wants. Therefore that godlike complex, that mental problem the author says that she has (thinking the universe is fake because everything is just so unnaturally easy for her) should not have any reason or logic to exist.

I know that she is not invincible, heck it would be very boring for her to be so. But for her to be offed that fast, and that little history between her and the new guy is just like turning her characterization until now upside down.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:22   Link #10710
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
It's weird really.

Isn't Ashinin-san's character "flaw" or her main motivation is that she could not find the impossibility - as Medaka said, she could never lose, there nothing she could not do? It is a part of her motivation until now.

And why did the author say now that she has been losing this man for how long? There's something you could not do here, Ashinin-san, there's someone you cannot beat. So why do you have to find the impossibility or whatever it is?
From the sound of it, it seems she started looking for her impossibility after she lost to Iihiko after having achieved another goal that she had at that time. Her goal to find an impossibility was impeded by having to beat Iihiko or rather, people like him however it was proved possible when she had Zenkichi beat Medaka. Iihiko and Medaka were people of similar ilk. She can't beat Iihiko in battle, much like she wouldn't be able to beat Medaka in battle, which is why she decided to beat Medaka through different methods.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:42   Link #10711
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Medaka Box is the deconstruction of Shounen simply for the literal act of doing it, 99% of the time it's horribly predictable even when it's supposedly 'unpredictable'.

I think Madoka Magica stuck to its guns for the sake of its story, even if it was somewhat done the same vein it at least felt genuine.
I myself also did not think that is it much of a deconstruction. It likes to turn several fighting and shonen tropes around, but overall it still plays its cards very safely. It has somewhat an identity crisis, really. I think the "trolling" and stuff that the author writes are more for taking his audience aback than wanting to make some statement.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 05:22   Link #10712
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Well, since Iihiko's power is doing damnge that cannot be reversed, and he is still human, in theory, Ooudo's abnormality could subdue him. That has been mentioned, but who knows, maybe it's true.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 07:34   Link #10713
silvercover
Romance Expert

considering it again, wasnt akune nicknamed as the "destroyer" before being reformed? perhaps he might become relevant again by giving quite a challenge to iihiko. I think last carpet is on to something...
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 08:13   Link #10714
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
considering it again, wasnt akune nicknamed as the "destroyer" before being reformed? perhaps he might become relevant again by giving quite a challenge to iihiko. I think last carpet is on to something...
Akune couldn't 'destroy' Medaka, what makes you think that he stands a chance against Iihiko?
Old 2012-10-02, 08:40   Link #10715
halibonga

this manga just keeps getting weirder and weirder... i guess the author loves to troll his readers
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 10:21   Link #10716
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
People keep asking this, we kinda got an example of what he could do right? I don't believe he'll beat him, I think this is when the swerve is going to happen, unless more and more people run in to help fight Iihiko, which sounds rather silly
Actually, this sounds rather intriguing. I'd be amused if one after another all those people that we saw at the student council election all show up, and they start trying to help and all start to remember Shiranui?
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 11:39   Link #10717
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Actually, this sounds rather intriguing. I'd be amused if one after another all those people that we saw at the student council election all show up, and they start trying to help and all start to remember Shiranui?
No, just no. Anything but that.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 11:47   Link #10718
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
No, just no. Anything but that.
You don't love the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!?

Last edited by willx; 2012-10-02 at 14:43.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 11:57   Link #10719
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
You don't love the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!?
So much nakama power would be too much for my heart.

Last edited by defki; 2012-10-02 at 17:20.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 14:34   Link #10720
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Spoiler for 165:
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council