AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-12, 10:31   Link #101
sikvod00

From a story perspective, it makes perfect sense for the hair to grow back. The hair cutting fetish was the main "hook" that made this show a little different and unconventional. It would be odd for her to get it cut in the first episode and abruptly end the more bizarre element of their relationship.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 12:15   Link #102
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Second ep was actually reasonably well adapted.

And I swear, Iwai's CV is too cute
Old 2013-04-12, 13:48   Link #103
Iron Maw
Banned

Ep 2

Another solid episode, OP and ED are pretty nice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
From a story perspective, it makes perfect sense for the hair to grow back. The hair cutting fetish was the main "hook" that made this show a little different and unconventional. It would be odd for her to get it cut in the first episode and abruptly end the more bizarre element of their relationship.
Well, Crime Edge didn't lift her curse to begin with, only the result of it. The cause likely lies elsewhere.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 13:53   Link #104
finallyanime
Lvl 49 PastryMancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
Kabitzin at the Sea Slugs anime blog had this to say, in a season preview:

Heh. That would explain perfectly why he didn't try to use his own scissors. They're not meant to reduce length; they're meant to reduce volume and trim tips.

Of course, I didn't get the impression from the way he treated the scissors, but well...
NOOO WONDERRRRR!!!!!

But yeah at first I wasn't thinking about watching this but glad I did. A very...Black Butler x Seikon no Qwaser feel in my opinion. More Black butler than anything. I look forward to seeing what goods others have.
Old 2013-04-12, 14:08   Link #105
bastek66

She looks like Utao from Kamisama Dolls
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 16:44   Link #106
Iron Maw
Banned

Hmmm... anyone know how many cours this show is? The manga has six volumes out currently so if studio wanted to this could probably be 2 cours. With the pace the show is moving at it, might also suggest a longer airing than 13 episodes.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 22:24   Link #107
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Second ep was actually reasonably well adapted. And I swear, Iwai's CV is too cute
Koiwai Kotori plays Iwai. Do you mean her voice is cute (I agree) or her appearance and behaviour (I also agree)?

Images
KOIWAI Kotori
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2013-04-12 at 22:35.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 12:23   Link #108
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

I watched this anime because of the long black haired heroine and word "crime" at the title. At first I thought this was G-sen jou no maou anime adaptation with Usami Haru as a heroine. Too bad, other than her hair, Iwai doesn't resemble Usami Haru at all.

Nothing special from this anime and I'm still not sure if i should drop it or wait for the 3 episode rule.
Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 12:28   Link #109
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Koiwai Kotori plays Iwai.
Koiwai-san played Kigurumi in Joshiraku.
I knew I recognised that voice.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 15:25   Link #110
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I knew I recognised that voice.
And probably not coincidentally, another character with very long hair.

OT: So Iwai's hair grows back after it's cut? I guess that will satiate his (hair) killing desires for quite some time.
Old 2013-04-14, 22:04   Link #111
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I said it on another forum regarding Crime Edge:

Quote:
I feel like I'm watching the love child born from a threesome of Hayate No GotokuxHigurashixKore Wa Zombie Desuka.

......you cannot go wrong with this.
Old 2013-04-15, 02:08   Link #112
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
And probably not coincidentally, another character with very long hair.
Not really that long. Kigu was the blond one. You're probably thinking of Kukuru.

@Chiibi: I feel like I'm watching the love child of Nazo no Kanojo X and Mirai Nikki.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 02:41   Link #113
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Koiwai Kotori plays Iwai. Do you mean her voice is cute (I agree) or her appearance and behaviour (I also agree)?

Images
KOIWAI Kotori
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Both..lol she's possibly around my age O__o

*and you just sent my brain into a temporary white out*
Old 2013-04-15, 17:29   Link #114
Kirayuki

So technically, Kiri can experiment with Iwai's hair for a new style everyday. That should be fun
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 17:44   Link #115
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
So technically, Kiri can experiment with Iwai's hair for a new style everyday. That should be fun
This was actually the first thing that I realized when they said her hair regrows.

We better get treated to new hairstyles from time to time or I'm going to be very sad!
Old 2013-04-17, 11:05   Link #116
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 21:46   Link #117
HandofFate

stacking on the fetishes in episode 3.

Not only hair-cutting, but peeing as well.

Kiri going all inversion impulse on the giant with the hammer was cool. Looking forward to when he be able to do 17 cuts in one pass.

Last scene of the morning after was funny. He tells his friend to cover for him, and the friend heard iwai's voice, then next morning, both of them show up, and both are still sleepy as if they weren't able to sleep during the night.

After credits scene is confusing. Guess there's another killing goods user, since I wonder how that giant managed to hang himself with his tendons cut.
Old 2013-04-17, 21:48   Link #118
garbage

their hair-touching (shades of GJ-bu there :) & hair-cutting scenes always gets me...like making love everyday with even the "after" feel and atmosphere

He should become a world class hairstylist, with a model like Iwai, as daily practice, good for him her hair grows daily ^^ that said i'm not that much of a fan of iwai's hairstyle a the start of ep3, the short twin tails, it's not very flattering. hope he (or rather the shows animators /designers )becomes more imaginative as the show goes on. Also her hair is not only long it seems but also absolutely healthy right down to the tips , as in no split ends, no damages, always shiny etc. no wonder it looks good, smooth and tangle free all the time.

Kiri's fight was short but good, he seems to be one of the deadlier Authors around with a heavy, record breaking notorious ancestor to boot. His Crime Edge is absolute in cutting human flesh, no defense there you can only block with another Killing good, or dodge it.But then coupled with his apparent hyper agility. He is quite deadly. Norma Grayland doesn't seem to be a historical figure, cant find any in google.
Old 2013-04-17, 23:22   Link #119
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Btw, since Kiri is already a barber, can we expect some pies or cakes anytime soon?
Old 2013-04-18, 06:23   Link #120
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Iwai wetting herself...didn't see that coming XD Made me feel sorry for her though

The whole awkwardness of them being together in the same room at night was pretty funny And then the fight between Kiri and the big hammer guy, although short, was pretty epic.

I was actually asking myself how the big hammer guy managed to smash through the wall without making any sound and alerting them, but I thought about it and he may have synced his shot with the banging of the thunder which blocked out the sound of the wall getting smashed down.

Tags
action, comedy, romance, seinen, supernatural